PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis at Washington - Sunday Night Football - 10/17/10

Lord Helmet
10-14-2010, 06:19 PM
:colts: (3-2) After struggling on offense instead of the usual defensive struggles last week, the Colts managed one touchdown and still beat Kansas City. If the Colts are going to win on the road they are going to have to play much better on both sides of the ball.

:redskins: (3-2) With a win last week in OT against favored Green Bay, the Redskins are riding on some confidence and hope to get a win at home.

Time: 8:20 PM ET

Television: :nbcsports:

vapacersfan
10-17-2010, 10:43 PM
L.H., is there any way to merge the other thread into this one?

24-17 in the 3rd. Colts have the ball after a Washington FG

vapacersfan
10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I will say this, and all of you will just say "duh", but Peyton really should just be in his own league.

He is a man amongst boys

vapacersfan
10-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Addai with the fumble

He is down. Injury timeout

vapacersfan
10-17-2010, 10:55 PM
I hope Addai is ok. Two weeks in a row with tough shots to the head

vapacersfan
10-17-2010, 10:57 PM
That incredibly stupid play-call in third and one by Kyle Shannahan is the ball game.

I think people in China was that play coming.....horrible play-calling.....horrible

Stryder
10-17-2010, 11:22 PM
'Skins still have a chance...

Stryder
10-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Not anymore...

Lord Helmet
10-17-2010, 11:30 PM
L.H., is there any way to merge the other thread into this one?

24-17 in the 3rd. Colts have the ball after a Washington FG
Probably, but it's no biggie.

This has been a good game, glad the Colts are on a Bye week this week.

Jrod Jones
10-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Peyton is unbelievable.

And we ran well? 170 yards on the ground is crazy. Great game all around. I really like Mike Hart's game, the kid runs hard

vapacersfan
10-17-2010, 11:47 PM
The Redskins are on the right path, but they still have a long ways to go.

A good game though, Redskins really needed to take advantage of Peyton early mistakes, something he does not do often.

vapacersfan
10-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Peyton is unbelievable.

And we ran well? 170 yards on the ground is crazy. Great game all around. I really like Mike Hart's game, the kid runs hard

Yeah, the hurry up offensive killed our defense.

Torrain also had a good game, but he just wasn't consistent

Lord Helmet
10-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Redskins are a playoff team, I think. Donovan just brings that much to the table.

vapacersfan
10-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Redskins are a playoff team, I think. Donovan just brings that much to the table.

I think thats a nice comment, but I honestly think they are 8-8, 9-7 material at best.

I do think this team will make the playoffs, but I really think they have a LOT of work to do, mostly on offense. The defense is very much bend but dont break, but they do not have the right players for a 3-4 system yet.

Trader Joe
10-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Where to go with this. We should have won by about 17 points, but uncharacteristic mistakes killed us, a win is a win though I guess. Positives: Powers, Angerer, and Addai stood out to me. Angerer made some mistakes, but also made some plays, he is a rookie and I think he can be a good LB. Powers is a shut down corner, simply put I have complete faith in him. He can make just about any coverage work, and he makes Hayden look like an absolute amateur on the other side of the ball.

Now to Addai. Peyton is Peyton, we know this, he is our leader and unquestioned. The next guy is Saturday, but I think Addai is the second most important player on this offense, and I am sickened that he found himself in another tough hit to the head. I'm really worried about him they are beginning to add up. He is incredible in every facet of the game from a running back. He is the reason we can survive the blitz with how ****ty our tackles and guards are at protecting Peyton. He simply does not miss blocks. As far as running the ball, does the guy ever not make the first man miss? His feet are incredibly quick and he rarely goes down easily. As long as our guys open holes, he will hit them. I pray that he will be OK by the time Houston rolls around, but I also hope we are careful with a possible head injury. I know he will want to go regardless, because I honestly don't think he should have been playing this week, but he is clearly a gamer, and we need him. If Addai is out there, our offense runs much more smoothly. I like Mike Hart a lot, but he is several rungs behind Addai, who IMO is a top ten back in this league when it comes to being able to contribute to the total offensive attack.

Psyren
10-18-2010, 02:17 AM
Where to go with this. We should have won by about 17 points, but uncharacteristic mistakes killed us, a win is a win though I guess. Positives: Powers, Angerer, and Addai stood out to me. Angerer made some mistakes, but also made some plays, he is a rookie and I think he can be a good LB. Powers is a shut down corner, simply put I have complete faith in him. He can make just about any coverage work, and he makes Hayden look like an absolute amateur on the other side of the ball.

Now to Addai. Peyton is Peyton, we know this, he is our leader and unquestioned. The next guy is Saturday, but I think Addai is the second most important player on this offense, and I am sickened that he found himself in another tough hit to the head. I'm really worried about him they are beginning to add up. He is incredible in every facet of the game from a running back. He is the reason we can survive the blitz with how ****ty our tackles and guards are at protecting Peyton. He simply does not miss blocks. As far as running the ball, does the guy ever not make the first man miss? His feet are incredibly quick and he rarely goes down easily. As long as our guys open holes, he will hit them. I pray that he will be OK by the time Houston rolls around, but I also hope we are careful with a possible head injury. I know he will want to go regardless, because I honestly don't think he should have been playing this week, but he is clearly a gamer, and we need him. If Addai is out there, our offense runs much more smoothly. I like Mike Hart a lot, but he is several rungs behind Addai, who IMO is a top ten back in this league when it comes to being able to contribute to the total offensive attack.

I agree entirely about Addai.

The man has some of the quickest feet I've ever seen on a back. If he had an offensive line that could block decently for him, he would be an absolute stud. He can make almost anyone miss and some of the jukes he does are simply stunning.

His only real weakness, IMO, is a lack of speed.