PDA

View Full Version : Artest Given Key To Las Vegas

pacer4ever
10-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Oct 13, 2010 7:12 AM EST
Lakers forward Ron Artest was honored by Las Vegas on Tuesday night with a key to the city.

Artest received the honor in recognition of his work with Xcel University and efforts to raise awareness about mental health issues.

Oct. 12 was officially named "Ron Artest Day," and the ceremony was conducted by Las Vegas City Councilman Steve Wolfson at the Mirage Hotel.

"I've been doing a lot of charity things, and I think they kind of like it," Artest explained. "I was totally surprised. I heard something about it a couple of months ago and I was trying to give it to [Derek Fisher]. Fish could take my place or Kobe or somebody.

"That's what comes with winning and doing good things and being a Laker."

Via ESPN

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69541/20101013/artest_given_key_to_las_vegas/#ixzz12GiGQOAx

[B]LOL RON MIGHT GET INTO TROUBLE IN SIN CITY BUT RON ARTEST DAY SHOULD BE A NATIONAL HOLIDAY LOL

90'sNBARocked
10-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Oct 13, 2010 7:12 AM EST
Lakers forward Ron Artest was honored by Las Vegas on Tuesday night with a key to the city.

Artest received the honor in recognition of his work with Xcel University and efforts to raise awareness about mental health issues.

Oct. 12 was officially named "Ron Artest Day," and the ceremony was conducted by Las Vegas City Councilman Steve Wolfson at the Mirage Hotel.

"I've been doing a lot of charity things, and I think they kind of like it," Artest explained. "I was totally surprised. I heard something about it a couple of months ago and I was trying to give it to [Derek Fisher]. Fish could take my place or Kobe or somebody.

"That's what comes with winning and doing good things and being a Laker."

Via ESPN

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69541/20101013/artest_given_key_to_las_vegas/#ixzz12GiGQOAx

[B]LOL RON MIGHT GET INTO TROUBLE IN SIN CITY BUT RON ARTEST DAY SHOULD BE A NATIONAL HOLIDAY LOL

Wait, isnt this the headcase, the one who some people claimed was a "thug" etc etc. :eek:

pacer4ever
10-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Wait, isnt this the headcase, the one who some people claimed was a "thug" etc etc. :eek:

ya was I the only one who didnt want to trade away that team? I thoght we could of done things but we traded them for scrubs.

Brad8888
10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Whats next, Bristol Palin being billed as a "teen activist" after becoming a spokesperson advocating teen abstinence? Wait...that happened, too.

As usual, for me at least, Artest the player was fantastic, Artest the person, not so much, unfortunately.

Questionable choice for Las Vegas, which is desperate for media attention at the moment due to the failing economy, though they will get a lot of attention in portions of the media for this choice.

duke dynamite
10-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Questionable choice for Las Vegas, which is desperate for media attention at the moment due to the failing economy, though they will get a lot of attention in portions of the media for this choice.
I think Donald Trump blowing up 12 abortion clinics outside of Reno would make better news...