PDA

View Full Version : Is Josh playing tonight?

Trader Joe
10-13-2010, 09:54 AM
I've been looking around to try and see if Josh is supposed to play tonight. I haven't been able to find it, I might have missed it though.

Have we heard anything about his status?

tsm612
10-13-2010, 09:58 AM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20101012/SPORTS04/10120333/Pacers-say-emphasis-will-be-on-defense

From Mike Well's JOB defense article:

Injury update

Forward Josh McRoberts (neck) is questionable for Wednesday's game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Point guard T.J. Ford (hamstring) practiced Monday, but may not play until Friday against New Orleans.

Hibbert Laugh
10-13-2010, 09:59 AM
I know this isn't very helpful, but he's listed in the injury report as "Josh McRoberts, sore neck, day-to-day".

Trader Joe
10-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Hmm, thanks. I wish we knew what the heck was going on with him. I hope this doesn't turn into a Tyler situation where a fairly innocent injury suddenly consumes a whole season.

graphic-er
10-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Is tonights game on TV?

pwee31
10-13-2010, 10:10 AM
no tv

Speed
10-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Talk of Obie starting to play more towards the regular season rotations, be hard if JMac isn't available.

nerveghost
10-13-2010, 10:56 AM
for the record, if dwight howard chopped me in the back of the neck, I'd still be in bed eating food from a straw.

Trader Joe
10-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Talk of Obie starting to play more towards the regular season rotations, be hard if JMac isn't available.

I must have missed this too, where did he say this?

Speed
10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I must have missed this too, where did he say this?

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/2010/10/12/obrien-to-go-with-rotation-players-as-early-wednesday/

Here, I can't copy and paste it for some reason...

count55
10-13-2010, 11:29 AM
THE `BURBS – You’ll have a better idea of what Jim O’Brien’s rotation will be like early in the regular season as early as Wednesday’s game against the Timberwolves.

O’Brien said he’ll go with his rotation players during the final three preseason games and probably part of the Minnesota game.

O’Brien didn’t tip his hand on who will be in the rotation.

Here’s my guess at the rotation based off a number of conversations I’ve had with people.

PG: Collison, Price (this could change depending on how T.J. Ford plays when he gets back from his hamstring injury)
SG: Dunleavy, George
SF: Granger, Posey
PF: McRoberts, Hansbrough
C: Hibbert, Foster

O’Brien may not necessarily go with a 10-man rotation. He could shorten it to eight or nine players by going with a three-man rotation on the wing. He could also play small ball if Hansbrough has a difficult time finding a rhythm.

operator error

Speed
10-13-2010, 12:05 PM
operator error

Wiping the coffee off my keyboard from the spit take.<WIPING take spit the from keyboard my of coffee>

BRushWithDeath
10-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Nevermind. He's playing.

Speed
10-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Nevermind. He's playing.

Good, I heard the thud from club level when he got hit.

I understand Howard probably gets tired of being clubbed, but I think he really didn't have to fully extend his arm like that towards Josh's head.

BRushWithDeath
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Good, I heard the thud from club level when he got hit.

I understand Howard probably gets tired of being clubbed, but I think he really didn't have to fully extend his arm like that towards Josh's head.

I didn't think it was dirty but he certainly took a good shot. Glad the concussion wasn't serious.

Sookie
10-13-2010, 01:26 PM
wait wait wait..According to O'brien, Price has been the best player on the team so far, but if TJ plays decent, we won't play him?

And..wtf...Brandon Rush is not in the rotation? Posey is..

Sounds about right..

edit: Nevermind.. I'll let O'brien do something stupid before I get mad at the possibility of him doing something stupid.

Trophy
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Because it's only preseason, I don't think he's going to be rushed back.

BillS
10-13-2010, 01:41 PM
I didn't think it was dirty but he certainly took a good shot. Glad the concussion wasn't serious.

Do we have a diagnosis of concussion or are we assuming because we think no one ever tells us there was a concussion?

BRushWithDeath
10-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Do we have a diagnosis of concussion or are we assuming because we think no one ever tells us there was a concussion?

No assumptions. It was a minor concussion. Or basically a headache.