PDA

View Full Version : Your greatest Pacer memory?

Detlef 11
08-17-2004, 09:03 PM
I was wondering about everybody's favorite Pacer moment. The first thing that comes to mind for me was Byron Scott's 3 pointer that won the playoff game against Orlando in round 1. Up to that point, the Pacers hadn't done anything in the playoffs. Atleast in the NBA days. Honestly, I think that has been the defining moment for this franchise in the last 10 years. In my opinion, it really got us over the hump. Does anyone else have any favorite memories or thoughts?

Hicks
08-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Reggie's shot over Jordan in the ECF, and Reggie's two moments in Game 5 of the Nets series; the 40ft 3 that banked in, and then his dunk in traffic at the end of OT.

MSA2CF
08-17-2004, 09:05 PM
I know my saddest moment. :cry:

Lord Helmet
08-17-2004, 09:06 PM
8 in 8 Game 5 Semifinals New York

Detlef 11
08-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Hicks,

I agree that Reggie's 3 in the ECF against Jordan was awesome. I was actually at that game. MSA was rocking that day!! Probably the loudest game I've ever attended.

tora tora
08-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Reggie taking the inbounds from Mark Pope then beating the buzzer to defeat the Suns in Phoenix.. I think it was Bird's first season as head coach.

SoupIsGood
08-17-2004, 09:11 PM
When we drafted Jon Bender.

Lord Helmet
08-17-2004, 09:14 PM
When we drafted Jon Bender.

:sadbanana:

PacerStud
08-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Reggie taking the inbounds from Mark Pope then beating the buzzer to defeat the Suns in Phoenix.. I think it was Bird's first season as head coach.
And

I think that was when Reg came up with the 'it was so quiet that you could hear a rat pee on cotton'.

ImReppinBtown
08-17-2004, 10:59 PM
My favorite is also Reggies shot over Jordan in the Conference Finals

Jermaniac
08-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Reggie going at it with Spike, then hitting the 3 and doing the choke thing.

Getting to the Finals against the Lakers.

Reggie making the 40 footer against the Nets to tie the game.

Unclebuck
08-18-2004, 12:16 AM
8 in 8 Game 5 Semifinals New York

That was game one of the eastern conference semifinals against the Knicks in 1995.

My best memory was game 5 of the ECF against the Knicks in 1994 when Reggie scored 25 points in the 4th quarter. Pacers trailed by 12 points enetering the 4th. Lasalle Thmopson stole back-to-back post passes that were for Ewing.

Cactus Jax
08-18-2004, 01:59 AM
This is a game most won't remember but it was a couple years ago in LA vs the Clippers. The Pacers were losing the whole game until Reggie hit big shots at the end of the game, and he held up the Indiana part of his jersey while strolling up the court.

Mark Boyle had a real evil call on the radio that I'll never forget, when Regge hit the last 3 to put the Pacers up by 4 points. Something I'll never forget and also to be different from the obvious great moments.

There's some real bad shots as well in my memory: Dana Barros' miracle 3 when there was .5 seconds left on the clock, many game winners from various people like Glen Rice, Terrell Brandon, Mike Bibby, Lindsey Hunter, and various others.:mad:

Bball
08-18-2004, 03:08 AM
Reggie, coming off the bench as he had all season, and nailing the game winner of the deciding game of the NBA Championship....

Watching him and some other players in tears as he announces his retirement and gets hugs and handshakes from the opposing team on natl TV.

Oh wait.... I wasn't susposed to mention that scene from the future! I hope I didn't jinx it!! ;)

-Bball

SkipperZ
08-18-2004, 04:07 AM
something about that 3 over jordan brings a tear to my eye everytime...

PacerBlade
08-18-2004, 05:04 AM
CHI/IND trade... we got Artest!

Doug in CO
08-18-2004, 07:56 AM
The shot over Jordan was special - and Game 4 of the ECF versus Orlando when Smits hit the 4th game winning shot - that would have been better had we won the series - but it was a great moment in that building.

Game 3 versus Orlando, 1994. We finally got out of the first round and were on our way.

ABADays
08-18-2004, 08:47 AM
The three ABA championships and Reggie's two unreal performances against the Knicks in the playoffs.

Ragnar
08-18-2004, 09:03 AM
When we traded for Jax. I remember thinking that we were going to be the real deal now that we had a pg who knew how to pass the ball.

I was talking to a friend after the trade and I remember us dreaming about the Pacers being a power team in the east.

Youman
08-18-2004, 09:48 AM
So, so many to choose from...but I have to agree with Hicks & some of you others.
Reggie hittin' the 3 over Jorden in 98' ECF. I was in the road going crazy!:alcohol: Way to much miller lite that day, just enough MILLER TIME!

Unclebuck
08-18-2004, 09:55 AM
When we traded for Jax. I remember thinking that we were going to be the real deal now that we had a pg who knew how to pass the ball.

I was talking to a friend after the trade and I remember us dreaming about the Pacers being a power team in the east.

Oh yes I remember acquiring Jackson and thinking well there goes the defense from the point guard position. ;)

Youman
08-18-2004, 09:55 AM
Post Script:
Drinking during Pacers games is just one of the many reasons I quit drinking all toghether.
But if they do win it all I will be breakin' open :champagne::pacers:

Ragnar
08-18-2004, 10:35 AM

Oh yes I remember acquiring Jackson and thinking well there goes the defense from the point guard position. ;)

And we were better for it.

TMJ31
08-18-2004, 10:42 AM
My best and probably worst came on the same day. When Reggie hit the 40 footer against the nets, When I watch games I get really really serious like, you know, REALLY serious face, hands folded like im praying and rested against my mouth/nose, all nervous and jittery... its really quite sad, and when he his that shot, I yelled SO loud and jumped in bliss SO high, that i smashed my head on the 9 foot ceilings in our basement, no joke. my head was bleeding for like 45 minutes and i didnt even notice it till i took a shower after the pacers eventually lost (this is when it became a bad memory)

And of course all the reggie moments ala 90's(which made me such a huge pacers fan in the first place) but then again if any pacer fan does NOT have those as a fav memory they are a screwy kinda fan....

ChicagoJ
08-18-2004, 11:45 AM
I think we've done this before, but my answer is still 1991/ Game #4 vs. Boston. MSA's loudest night, without question. At the time, the Chuck/ Bird rivalry looked like it would become one of the best rivalries in the league. That night was electric.

Pig Nash
08-18-2004, 02:14 PM
The Rik Smits 3 pointer in Orlando. I went to MSA and watched it on the big screen.

MSA2CF
08-19-2004, 05:14 PM
When we traded for Jax.

:love:

Roy Munson
08-19-2004, 05:22 PM
When Larry Bird fired Isiah Thomas.

Roy Munson
08-19-2004, 05:23 PM
second choice: The night Scott Haskins made a basket.

DEEman
08-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Its quite funny that everyone has Reggie moments as there favorites. Mine is also the 40 footer against the Nets. I heard it live on wibc, and i will never forget these words 'he banked it in, he banked it in'

Sollozzo
08-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Seeing Rik Smits dump 44 on the LA Clippers on 12-10-95 at MSA. It was my second Pacers game.

Ultimate Frisbee
08-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Byron Scott's 3 pointer against the Knicks to win a game (I don't remember which one)... I was eating in a Ground Round at the time and the whole place went nuts!

Also, Reggies 8 in 8.

I remember back before the Pacers were any good (probably '92 or '93) we lost a game by 1 after the other team (I think it was the Celts) hit a 3 pointer from way out on an inbounds play with 0.6 seconds left on the clock.