PDA

View Full Version : PD Ideas for Area 55

El Pacero
10-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Here is the thread for Area 55 chants and ideas. No idea is a bad one... so I tried to compile every idea so no efforts are wasted. (Not sure if this was a good or bad idea.) If your idea was missed, please add it.

I was thinking you could quote an idea if you liked it, we could thank it, and then maybe realize which are the better ideas. Or if that's dumb we can do whatever.

Please also add new ideas!!! Area 55 could use your help.

IndyHoya
Eye of the Tiger / Eye of a Pacer Song
I like this chant. Utah State before a game: "I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQywmNxCd8E
And this one from Howard University when someone fouls out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cYWm...eature=related
How about "No touch fouls on Roy! No touch fouls on Roy!" ?
I also like the "This is our house" chant to sort of set the stage before the game starts and let an opponent know we don't like them on our turf.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6jO...eature=related

Kielbeze
I was thinking Sammy Hagar I can't drive 55 - You can't drive on 55! lol
Hoya Saxa / Thunder Struck : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTEd9pl4QfQ
Winning Team / Losing Team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUVmAXXPYgU&feature=related

Bender
Thunder Struck
Replace the "ahh ahh ahhh" with "rooyyy rooyyy rooyyy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZKFd29RBk
(And, replace "Thunder" with "Pacers!" - via Brad8888)

Greenway84
Boom Baby
This is pretty funny for someone who fouls out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R29PW8RroM

Kemo
SITUATION:
The opposing team's aging all-star/superstar is at the free-throw line ..
Remember that military cadence .. goes somethin' like
"I don't know what you been told........ but Eskimo P*s** is mighty cold .."
or somethin like that...well do the chant to that same style
THE CHANT:
"I don't know what you been told .... but (*insert aging star's name here*) is getting mighty old ..."

Speed
How about on Wednesday, everytime Ridnour or Flynn shoot a free throw you start a chant of "Ric Ky Rubio"
When Beasley shoots a free throw "no more, pod casts" clap clap clap clap clap.
Or a sign that says, # of years until Rubio goes to Minnesota = never. / # of years until David Kahn is fired = 1
When Igoudala gets the ball: 3 point, brick layer (self expanatory).
For Doug Collins: Not Phil Jack son (fired from the bulls during the MJ days).
Elton Brand: O Ver Paid.
Evan Turner: O Ver rated. (sure it's been done, but it's still fun)
Louis Williams: Not a starter (came off the bench last year, even though he probably was on of their best 5 players)
Jason Kapono: One dimensional
Spencer Hawes: Career back up

BillS
Try coming up with some catchphrases for all the players. "Dun Dun!" or similar along with the "hib hib hooROY!:" would be great.

tsm612
Make a fathead out of this pic for when we play Minnesota. I don't care if they understand it or not. It would make my day. (William Shatner yelling Kahn pic)

pacergod2
Maybe they could throw up a picture of McBeard with the full beard and give out a bear growl whenever he throws down a nasty dunk. Or possibly start with a picture of regular JMac and then morph it into a picture of him with "The Beard", while playing the noise from Transformers when they morph. Just an idea. You guys could chant from one side... JMAC!!! Then the other side would respond with "The Beard".
Anytime Hans does something tough, you guys could do the noise from Psycho. (I think it was Psycho with the loud screeches).
Also, from Roy's Wikipedia site... "Since Roy is an avid Pokémon fan, his teammates would often say, 'Power up, big fella,' to help him play harder." This may be a joke, but it might be hilarious to incorporate into a chant.
TJ stands for Terrance Jerod.
Foster and "Eat It" from Weird Al. Hopefully he continues to gobble up rebounds like in the past.
When I say Magnum, you say PI, Magnum, PI.
Professional Intimidator.

Diamond Dave
Also I feel that the whole area should be holding sacks of marbles and begin shaking them whenever Roy decides to softly lay one up instead of throwing it down. For all those who have seen Major League 2.
Finally each time the Pistons come to town, and proceed to turn it over a chorus of "DETROIT BASKETBALL" must be heard throughout the fieldhouse. (What about Detroit BasketFAIL? via El Pacero)

El Pacero
One of my favorites that Prim did was “Puh, Puh, Puh - Puh, Pacers” or something like that.
He also suggested we turn our backs when the other team was announced. I liked that. Other schools will say “Who Cares?” or similar after each name is called.
If we’re ever killing another team, I thought it might be funny to chant “Travis Deiner” or “Freddy Hoiberg” - or not.
Or when the Jumbotron shows us again we could say, “Jumbotron we love you.”
We need rhythmic clap kinda distraction for free throws and something awesome for when we're on camera!

Random chants I found:
When opposing team is at free throw line yell “Pass the Ball” and once they shoot it say “You’re so Selfish.”
Turn it over... *clap* Turn it over... *clap* Turn it over *clap*
Also when a player on the other team shoots an air ball, everyone will chant "Air ball, Air ball, Air ball" the whole time that particular player gets the ball for the rest of the game.
When someone fouls out: We chant as the player is walking off the court... "Left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right, SIT DOWN." (I think Prim mentioned this, too)
"You can't guard him. clap clap, clap clap clap" When a player on our team is lighting it up.
D-D-D-Defense! (claps on each D)
We picked out the guy who doesn't normally shoot the ball, usually a starter, and everytime he caught the ball, no matter where he was on the floor, the whole student section would yell SHOOT IT!!! but only when he had the ball.
"hey hey, ho ho, lets take that ball and shove it in"
"Over-Rated" Chant. If you play someone at home higher ranked and are winning...here comes the chant.

I Love P
10-11-2010, 11:53 PM
How about when someone hits a theee, we say, "Threeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Day-V
10-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Or, in honor of Reb Porter, when someone hits a 3, you yell "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMERUUUUUUUUUUUN!"

Hicks
10-11-2010, 11:58 PM
After a Pacer hits a three, wait for the initial cheering and Grady's call, then as things die down yell BOOM BABY!!

I Love P
10-12-2010, 12:15 AM
J O B! J O B! J O B!........?

El Pacero
10-12-2010, 12:34 AM
All no-brainer and classic three point chants, we just need to signal the next one. I'm not above chanting for our coach with "our" nickname.

I've really liked the "I Believe That We Will Win" chant before the game, but thought we could do:

"Pacers know that we will win."

BornReady
10-12-2010, 12:41 AM
I remember we used to run some "start the buses" chants or the classic "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye"

those were always fun

duke dynamite
10-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Josh-Mc-Rob-erts!

pwee31
10-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Here are a few chants for teams or players

Miami Heat- Lebron James "Wrong De-cis-ion"

Philadelphia 76ers- Evan Turner "Mis-ses Col-lege"

Minnesota Timberwolves- "One more point guard"

New York Knicks & Cleveland Cavs- "Where's Le-bron?"

New Jersey Nets- "Where's Car-mello?"

New Orleans Hornets- "Dar-ren Collison" :devil:

Toronto Raptors- "Where's Chris Bosh?"

Detroit Pistons- "You're no bad boys"

Washington Wizards- Gilbert Arenas "Guns aren't funny"

Charlotte Bobcats- Stephen Jackson "No more Strip Clubs"

San Antonio Spurs- Tony Parker "Where is E-va?"

Denver Nuggets- "Me-lo's leav-ing"

OKC Thunder- "Poor Se-attle"

LA Clippers- "The worse fran-chise"

Deadshot
10-12-2010, 01:16 AM
I thought the chants for Dwight were funny but I don't know if I would suggest a bunch of derogatory chants for players. We don't want to look like Philly football fans...

I Love P
10-12-2010, 01:18 AM
I like the OKC, Denver and Miami ones. We should only do the Miami chant at the end of the gameif we're up.

I Love P
10-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Told Stacy Paetz about her sexy fathead that we have....she responded, StacyPaetz - saw them... loved them!!! yay, one of me, too! So glad to hear it's a good pic ;-) I don't feel very photogenic. thank u for including me

AustinWind
10-12-2010, 02:11 AM
How about using a fathead of CigarGuy?

pacer4ever
10-12-2010, 02:13 AM
I like the OKC, Denver and Miami ones. We should only do the Miami chant at the end of the gameif we're up.

that is a big if lol

Day-V
10-12-2010, 04:26 AM
When Minnesota comes to town, there HAS to be a Capt. James T. Kirk Fathead and just one, big, long, loud "KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!" chant.

kidneypuncher
10-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Loy-al-ty chants for Lebron

Foul on Smits
10-12-2010, 06:16 AM
My feeling is that it has to be something unique to Pacers basketball. It's easy to take something some other team uses and chant it. I want it to be something Indiana Pacers fans are known to chant. Also, i'd love to see more of a college atmosphere as far as chanting. Have chants non stop. Examples...

When on offense.

SCORE THE ROCK SCORE THE ROCK SCORE THE ROCK

or on defense maybe

GET THAT BALL GET THAT BALL GET THAT BALL

both with the 3 beats over the loud speaker.

It's not about what you say or how funny it is. It's about how much you do it and how passionate it is.

Difficult chants dont resonate through out the the arena. Simple but good chants catch on. And the whole arena will be chanting them.

BPump33
10-12-2010, 08:22 AM
BigJon7501 came up with this on Friday night and I think I heard others saying it afterwards so it must have caught on a little:

Saying "Juuuuuuuuuice!!!" after AJ makes a shot or a great pass like when Reds fans yell "Bruuuuuuuuuce" when Jay Bruce is at the plate.

Trophy
10-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Josh-Mc-Rob-erts!

Josh needs a section called the "McBob Squad" or something.

Maybe in your section Duke. :D

Trader Joe
10-12-2010, 08:58 AM
@ Lebron "No third person"

SMosley21
10-12-2010, 09:02 AM
I don't see a Kaaaaaahn! chant being at all meaningful. It's not like the t'wolves players are going to be bothered because we're making fun of their President of basketball ops.

Would it really bother Pacers enough to affect their game, if we went to some other city and their fans started making fun of David Morway or Larry Bird?

IndyHoya
10-12-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't see a Kaaaaaahn! chant being at all meaningful. It's not like the t'wolves players are going to be bothered because we're making fun of their President of basketball ops.

Would it really bother Pacers enough to affect their game, if we went to some other city and their fans started making fun of David Morway or Larry Bird?

Agreed. Too obscure. Too "inside basketball"

BillS
10-12-2010, 09:57 AM
It's probably just me, but I'd rather see the section focus on cheering FOR the Pacers rather than jeering AGAINST the opponent. Keeping positive fires everyone up, getting negative can too easily devolve into an insult battle and nobody feels good after it.

Non-specific distractions (I very much enjoy the various free-throw dribble counts used by the Drum Corps, for example) are fine. Calling out a specific player, especially for off the court issues, is low class at best and risks firing them up at worst. Remember "Che-ryl, Che-ryl" anyone?

I am a believer in the Woof Gods and the Anvil of Basketball Karma.

Speaking of the Drum Corps, if they are at games this year be sure to coordinate with them on some stuff. They are always involved and rowdy and cool (Nothing against the Pep Band, I think the drummers fall through a loophole in the "distracting music" NBA rule).

IndyHoya
10-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm getting these all down. Secretary of Chants is setting up a data base of stuff we will consider using at games. I'll pass it on to him for consideration and inclusion.

There are a lot of great ideas in this thread. Kudos to everyone. As Kielbeze said, "There are no bad ideas." What seems simple or trite, with some tweaking, could be developed into great cheers or chants.

It seems to me that Area 55 ought to have a couple of goals:

(1) We want to be a catalyst -- We want to do at least some things that will be joined in by the crowd. We need to get the whole arena involved in at least some of our stuff. We need at least some simple cheers that everyone will join in on just to make the place raucous and loud. The idea is make Conseco a "pit' where no one wants to come to play against us.

(2) We want to have some clever, innovative, and funny stuff. Stuff that people will leave the arena grinning about.

(3) We want stuff that fires up our own players. When one of our players gets a hot hand, we want to reinforce the damage, chant his nickname, reward him for what he's doing.

(4) We DO want to get in an opposing player's head! We don't need to be vulgar, profane, or crude. We don't need to be talking about their criminal issues or family life. But if they have some other sort of weakness, well too bad for them. I'm all for exploiting it.

(5) We don't need to ride the referees. But I say no really bad call should go unnoticed. Personally, I hate it when Roy gets benched on touch fouls. When O'Brien gets T-eed for defending his players, we need to join in. When Granger or Dunleavy gets hacked and there's no call, well, I see it as part of our mission to respond and have their back.

(6) At all times we must be squarely behind our Players, our staff, and our management. We should never do anything that could be remotely construed as dissing anyone connected with them.

(7) The way I see it, Hibbert was kind enough to give me a season pass and the least I can do is be there at the games, giving what's happening on the floor my full attention, and doing my best to make him proud of selecting me for the favor. I do nothing to embarass him or the Pacers. I do everything I can to be loud, raucous, and crazy.

Just thinking out loud. But I regard some of the above things as my own personal Area55 Mission Statement.

ColeTheMole
10-12-2010, 11:19 AM
I really like everyone falling down when a Pacer makes a three.

Also, for AJ Price, someone shouts

"You wanna know what we say in the club?"

and everyone else says

"AY JAY JAY!"

This is of course like the horrible and popular song a couple years ago "Aybaybay"

I Love P
10-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Idea: Before the tip off we all jump up and down and yell, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Then when the ball is back tapped and in control by another player (either team) we yell, "P A C E R S! PACERS PACERS PACERS!!!!" Stealing that idea from the New York Jets, if that doesn't fly then we should find a new chant to yell after the jump ball.

Trader Joe
10-12-2010, 01:34 PM
On the list of franchises I'd like to steal from taking the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant is right at the bottom.

Rogco
10-12-2010, 01:39 PM
tweeked

This might get me in trouble, but I think whenever Lebron is shooting freethrows everyone should sing the chorus to the scissor sisters song "take your mama"

pacer4ever
10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
This might get me in trouble, but I think whenever Lebron is shooting freethrows everyone should sing the chorus to the scissor sisters song "take your mama"

or just chant Dwest lol

pacer4ever
10-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Michael Beasley - not worth cap space
Corey Brewer - ?
Jonny Flynn - your no rubio
Kevin Love - peaked in college
Darko Milicic - draft night mistake
Luke Ridnour - ?
Anthony Tolliver - back to d-league
Martell Webster - ?

I think for all members of team USA this season we should at least once chant USA and say thank you or american hero. I love international basketball and i'm glad after 16 yrs we finally won a world championship.

or Darko not worth cap space they signed him to 4yrs 20mil lol.

Brandon Jennings- he took his starting spot last year

trailblazers- cause they are actually a playoff team

Rogco
10-12-2010, 02:03 PM
How about:

" He's seven foot two and he's better than you, Hibbert, Hibbert..."

SMosley21
10-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Stick with cheering our own players. Do we really want to **** off Lebron James or Dwayne Wade? Anyone remember when some heckler behind the Hornets bench pissed off Chris Paul a couple seasons ago? I'd like to not see that happen again.

I Love P
10-12-2010, 03:25 PM
I really like everyone falling down when a Pacer makes a three.

Also, for AJ Price, someone shouts

"You wanna know what we say in the club?"

and everyone else says

"AY JAY JAY!"

This is of course like the horrible and popular song a couple years ago "Aybaybay"

I like it.

pacer4ever
10-12-2010, 03:36 PM
i was referring to the fact that the #2 pick in the draft wasnt worth taking up a small amount of cap space for miami.

only because they needed it for bron i would take him. lol

but i have 2 more

Rondo= "USA quitter" quit the team a day before rosters where revealed

Derek Rose= "High School cheater" cheated on his SAT/ACT so he could play for memphis. He had some one take them for him.

Hicks
10-12-2010, 04:16 PM
This is probably "too much", but after Dunleavy makes a shot or a big play, you could go "Dun, DUN, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!" as heard in instrumental form here:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHjFxJVeCQs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHjFxJVeCQs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bonus points if you all quickly turn away from the court as you start, then whip around dramatically for the third "Dun" :chuckle:

pacergod2
10-12-2010, 05:28 PM
When one of our players fouls out, "Thank - You - A - J!" Always using the players first name.

Thoreau87
10-12-2010, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=El Pacero;1073112]
El Pacero
One of my favorites that Prim did was “Puh, Puh, Puh - Puh, Pacers” or something like that.
He also suggested we turn our backs when the other team was announced. I liked that.

Prim's my buddy but I came up with both of those lol... No big deal. It's supposed to be like IU's "hoo, hoo, hoo, hosiers" chant. Another chant I like that's been mentioned is yelling BOOM BABY after we hit a three. Imagine all of Conseco getting in on that. Would be awesome.

Sookie
10-12-2010, 05:41 PM
When an opposing player fouls out, you guys gotta do the "left-right" cheers (Yell left when they step with their left foot, right with their right..until they sit down..and as they go to sit down you yell SIT DOWN.) Hilarious chant. :P

SMosley21
10-12-2010, 06:51 PM
This is probably "too much", but after Dunleavy makes a shot or a big play, you could go "Dun, DUN, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!" as heard in instrumental form here:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHjFxJVeCQs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHjFxJVeCQs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bonus points if you all quickly turn away from the court as you start, then whip around dramatically for the third "Dun" :chuckle:

That would be epic if it was pulled off successfully.

pacer4ever
10-13-2010, 01:47 PM
How bout after Lance scores we could chant Sir Lancealot or like the other night born ready. If PG24 scores we could chant " too much for you"

Pacers4Life
10-13-2010, 09:17 PM
I think i may be on to something. It just hit me.
The "I believe that we will win!" chant... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQywmNxCd8E
I really liked that one for some reason. So you keep it simple. Spell out P-A-C-E-R-S beforehand "gimme a P...P!!! give me an A...A!!!), set it up. People are listening... they understand the concept... then you do it...
I (I!)... I BELIEVE (I believe!)... I BELIEVE THAT (I believe that!)... and so on and so forth. I thought that was a great energy feeder.

*Edit: Or on 2nd thought... I go to Pacer games. People do tend to take their sweet times getting here... Maybe save this for the 2nd half? Start of the 4th quarter? I want bang for my buck ya know?

BringJackBack
10-13-2010, 09:56 PM
You guys did a good job tonight. It was pretty awesome seeing the fatheads in the crowd; it was cool.

I Love P
10-13-2010, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cJ4e9lLVDw&feature=related

Day-V
10-13-2010, 10:09 PM
I love how Bender (?) Was asked something by that hostess chick, and all he had to say was "Darren Collison!" And then held up the DC fathead. Awesome.

I Love P
10-13-2010, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zumxYdh99J8

I Love P
10-13-2010, 10:16 PM
I was not at the game tonight.

Pacers4Life
10-14-2010, 10:00 AM
stop posting those stupid vids man. i had faith in you... and wasted my time. twice.

Trader Joe
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
May I suggest weekly Area 55 meetings to get coordinated on a Saturday afternoon perhaps? It's tough to expect everyone to get there early and get everything coordinated especially during the week. It's tough for me to get down there even 10 minutes early because of work and I'm not even in Area 55.

I think you guys should try and meet weekly out side of a PAcers game setting to come up with ideas.

pacergod2
10-14-2010, 01:21 PM
I love the idea for Roy's blocked shots. I think it should just be...

"Rooooooyyyy's Hoooouuuuussse, Rooooooyyyy's Hoooouuuuussse, Rooooooyyyy's Hoooouuuuussse."

KISS - Keep It Simple Slick

pacer4ever
10-14-2010, 01:54 PM
I love the idea for Roy's blocked shots. I think it should just be...

"Rooooooyyyy's Hoooouuuuussse, Rooooooyyyy's Hoooouuuuussse, Rooooooyyyy's Hoooouuuuussse."

KISS - Keep It Simple Slick

i thought it was "keep it simple stupid" That wat Tiger Woods said at his Golf clinic

pacergod2
10-14-2010, 02:01 PM
i thought it was "keep it simple stupid" That wat Tiger Woods said at his Golf clinic

It is. Instead of inferring that I might be calling greenway84 "Stupid", I instead chose to replace "Stupid" with the name of a Pacers figurehead, "Slick".

duke dynamite
10-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Does there have to be a chant for every single play of the game? I mean is there like no time to take a break or just watch the game? If not balanced properly I could see this turning into a disaster by December.

Even the student section at IU doesn't over-saturate the atmosphere.

pacer4ever
10-14-2010, 03:20 PM
It is. Instead of inferring that I might be calling greenway84 "Stupid", I instead chose to replace "Stupid" with the name of a Pacers figurehead, "Slick".

i just wanted to make sure. LOL i understand now

Trader Joe
10-14-2010, 03:51 PM
then people who live 1-2 hrs away cant afford to make or just cant. like me. but i see what ur saying.

Rotate the meeting to different areas of Central Indiana?

pacer4ever
10-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Rotate the meeting to different areas of Central Indiana?

Iget to every game at 5:30 so i dont really want to meet on saturday's.Im normally doing stuff with friends and such.

Hicks
10-14-2010, 04:30 PM
I think weekly meetings are a bit much, but maybe monthly would work. Especially if it's just showing up early on a game night to people don't have to make an extra trip.

Trader Joe
10-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Iget to every game at 5:30 so i dont really want to meet on saturday's.Im normally doing stuff with friends and such.

It's great that you can do that as you are in high school still and are probably out at like 3:15. But for people that have jobs it's really tough, maybe you guys need to start an email chain to work on different chants or something.

Or you could always elect one person to lead the chanting.

EDIT: Hicks makes a good suggestion, maybe one game early each month. So October for the 76ers game you guys meet somewhere 2 or so hours early, you work out chants for every game in October and then head to the game. Someone takes "Meeting MInutes" of the chants for each game and sends them out to everyone via email.

pacer4ever
10-14-2010, 04:38 PM
It's great that you can do that as you are in high school still and are probably out at like 3:15. But for people that have jobs it's really tough, maybe you guys need to start an email chain to work on different chants or something.

Or you could always elect one person to lead the chanting.

EDIT: Hicks makes a good suggestion, maybe one game early each month. So October for the 76ers game you guys meet somewhere 2 or so hours early, you work out chants for every game in October and then head to the game. Someone takes "Meeting MInutes" of the chants for each game and sends them out to everyone via email.

No im in college class from 2-5:15 i have to hustle to get there at 5:30 lol today is the last day of class then fall break.

Tomorrow a lot of people are tailgateing but i want to get CP3's john hancock

duke dynamite
10-14-2010, 04:46 PM
I think it's in all of your best interests to have someone from the staff facilitate this. Trying to elect or delegate someone to head this and that is going to cause some major issues.

I could see at least a couple of people in Area55 getting upset that they don't lead a chant or something that was supposed to be yelled out wasn't.

pacer4ever
10-14-2010, 04:46 PM
where r we tailgating?

A parking lot ask El Pacero i think it is the one on Delware St but im not sure.

Rogco
10-14-2010, 06:41 PM
For Tyreke Evans you should chant "slow down"
I'm not in area 55, but I think it would be funny to hear a chant along the lines of "ABA Champions" or "We're the ABA Champions" or something

And as a shoutout sometime you should have a "Slick for hall of fame" chant

BringJackBack
10-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Tomorrow a lot of people are tailgateing but i want to get CP3's john hancock

What??

pacer4ever
10-14-2010, 06:48 PM
For Tyreke Evans you should chant "slow down"
I'm not in area 55, but I think it would be funny to hear a chant along the lines of "ABA Champions" or "We're the ABA Champions" or something

And as a shoutout sometime you should have a "Slick for hall of fame" chant

lol tyreke was goin 140 in a 70 zone lol. Then he said he didnt relize how fast he was going.

How about "Drive Safer" or somein like that

pacer4ever
10-14-2010, 06:54 PM
What??

people from area 55 are tailgating before the game

BringJackBack
10-14-2010, 06:56 PM
people from area 55 are tailgating before the game

No, whats a CP3's John Hancock?

vapacersfan
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
John Hancock A.K.A. a signature

ReggiesUncle
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM

Chris Paul autograph
;):gopacers:

pacer4ever
10-14-2010, 07:04 PM
John Hancock A.K.A. a signature

yes lol im sry i should of explained that 2

El Pacero
10-14-2010, 07:05 PM

Chris Paul's signature.

Here is what brkyrd posted in another thread:

"The PTO is seeking Area 55 members to join in a preseason rehersal for our home opener in 2 weeks time. Tailgate for the Pacers before watching us reignite our old eastern conference rivalry Friday night against the Hornets!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147144471990 "

And so I stay somewhat on track, how about a "Thank You (clap) For D-C (clap)" or something similar on Friday?

BringJackBack
10-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Lol, my bad I should have used my common sense.

IndyHoya
10-15-2010, 06:58 AM
lol tyreke was goin 140 in a 70 zone lol. Then he said he didnt relize how fast he was going.

How about "Drive Safer" or somein like that

I like this...we can work with this! LOL

BPump33
10-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Tonight to Peja:

Thanks for Nothing!!

Pacergeek
10-15-2010, 09:44 AM
I think David West needs to be ripped. He was an all-star i think two years ago, and Carmello was left off the team. Some sort of chant like "phony all-star" or something. Maybe "worst all-star ever".

Brad8888
10-15-2010, 09:47 AM
For tonight's game, how about

"Thanks for Darren!"

pacer4ever
10-15-2010, 10:30 AM
For tonight's game, how about

"Thanks for Darren!"

thats already been posted. I think we are going to use it

Rogco
10-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I know Rush is one of our players, but if he looks like he's floating through the game you could sing to the tune of that afroman song

" Rush was going to take a three, but then he got high. Rush was going to play some D, but then he got high..."

duke dynamite
10-15-2010, 11:25 AM
I know Rush is one of our players, but if he looks like he's floating through the game you could sing to the tune of that afroman song

" Rush was going to take a three, but then he got high. Rush was going to play some D, but then he got high..."
I like it, sign me up.

duke dynamite
10-15-2010, 11:31 AM
you've got to be kidding right?
Why would I be kidding?

Trader Joe
10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Brandon Rush failed a drug test and he is now the most hated man in Pacers nation.

duke dynamite
10-15-2010, 11:41 AM
u want to chant about something negative a player is trying to put behind him. we might as well chant the chumbawamba "tubthumping" song for lance. She gets knocked down, she better not get up again. shes never gonna keep me down"
Looks like I have two chants tonight.

Dr. Awesome
10-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Afroman was in my town 2 nights ago, but I was sick. :-/

Dr. Awesome
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I love Brandon Rush, I'm definitely one of his biggest supporters, but that Afroman reference is freaking hilarious.

Dr. Awesome
10-15-2010, 11:50 AM
i think you mean..."I was gonna go watch Afroman perform, but then i got high."

Haha, the invite said "Don't get high and forget to show up."

BPump33
10-15-2010, 12:48 PM
How about a "Thanks for Po-sey" chant when he comes in. We want him to feel accepted here, don't we?

ZepZach
10-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Does there have to be a chant for every single play of the game? I mean is there like no time to take a break or just watch the game? If not balanced properly I could see this turning into a disaster by December.

Even the student section at IU doesn't over-saturate the atmosphere.

I agree with this. Don't underestimate a simple CHEER when something good happens.

pacer4ever
10-15-2010, 03:45 PM
How about a "Thanks for Po-sey" chant when he comes in. We want him to feel accepted here, don't we?

NO POSEY WE DIDNT WANT POSEY we had to take him for us to get DC posey is sad

BPump33
10-15-2010, 03:45 PM

He's still a Pacer.

pacer4ever
10-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Every random cheers and gets loud a a big play happens. I don't understand half of area 55. Hibbert madea point to say he wanted loud crazy fans. It just makes me mad thatb a lot of fans didn't get in that would have no problem standing and being loud the entire time. Section 6 doesn't do it half *** and there's 100 of them. We can't even get 55 fans to go hard for 48 mins. Not pointing fingers, just needed to vent.

ya i know wat u mean. Some of the people around me werent standing but i mean w/e. We need like collge chants like at UNC they all jump and yell oh oh or w/e they say but i dont know.

Dr. Awesome
10-15-2010, 10:13 PM
This may have already been mentioned, but if not what about something like a McRelevent chant. Josh McRoberts releventness(?) has become a hot topic when he plays well, maybe the chant will show we got his back.

spazzxb
10-15-2010, 10:23 PM
How would an out of town board member possibly come hang out with the area 55 guys for a quarter while attending the nov 5 game with family?

pacer4ever
10-16-2010, 02:16 AM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/rewind_101015.html

listen at the very end some one says "left right left" LOL

IndyHoya
10-16-2010, 10:13 AM

He had a pretty decent night last night. The fact is, we have him now, so whatever we think of him, he's a Pacer. I know what you mean tho. And I know you aren't bad-mouthing him in that sense. But we gotta support him now. Maybe he'll be useful to us. O'Brien seems to like him.

I know you well enough from sitting next to you not to question your knowledge of B-ball.

IndyHoya
10-16-2010, 10:15 AM

Absolutely!

IndyHoya
10-16-2010, 10:19 AM
you've got to be kidding right?

Area 55 shouldn't chant anything negative about our own players. We've got BR now and we need to hope he can work through his problems. If he does, he could be a major asset. My Stat Man (who sits next to me in A55) was telling me he's one of the best defenders in the NBA.

BringJackBack
10-16-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't even like Brandon but that is just harsh. How could you continue to demean him for something that he has said publicly with confidence he will fix up? Are you trying to ruin his self esteem? Not only as a player but as a person?

I'm going to assume y'all are kidding.

pacer4ever
10-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Why are you quoting me for. I'm the one that said that it was uncalled for to begin with.

he was agreeing with you

DEEman
01-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Some great food for some new ideas to use
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g331wGrTMn4&feature=youtu.be

And admitting that some get under your skin bigtime, oh man i love our toughness

Mad-Mad-Mario
01-22-2014, 07:09 PM
I know its immature, but fake shot clock countdowns for the other team

Sandman21
01-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Our standard stuff for Bosh is WAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better than Worthless's garbage and we don't even have to worry about violating Roy's Rule when we chant it.

And fake shot clocks have been a staple since before I was around either A55 or G2. They just get drowned out by the drum line nowadays. :(

Mad-Mad-Mario
01-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Our standard stuff for Bosh is WAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better than Worthless's garbage and we don't even have to worry about violating Roy's Rule when we chant it.

And fake shot clocks have been a staple since before I was around either A55 or G2. They just get drowned out by the drum line nowadays. :(

Ahh I thought it was odd

seeker80
01-23-2014, 11:21 AM
The Mrs. and I do a LuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisScola on made jumpers ala the Ricola commercial.

would be better with 55 voices

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q5IA2Epk9Y"]

Sandman21
01-23-2014, 01:42 PM
The Mrs. and I do a LuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisScola on made jumpers ala the Ricola commercial.

would be better with 55 voices

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q5IA2Epk9Y"]

Twisted minds think alike. Its one of our two Scola staples. :)

Since86
01-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Someone should make one of those big head signs with Lord Farquaad (from Shrek) and swap out his face with Luis'.

seeker80
01-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Twisted minds think alike. Its one of our two Scola staples. :)

Outstanding. We will pay attention.

Last year our mini package seats were right above you guys, but since she wouldn't let me upgrade to a half season, we couldn't keep our seats.

We are on the opposite end now and we can't always get you guys are doing.

She learned her lesson, we will be back. You guys and G2 do a great job adding to the atmosphere.

joeyd
01-23-2014, 11:15 PM
As a Ray Charles fan, I would like to see "Hit the Road, Jack" added to the end-of-game repertoire, but I'm afraid that maybe only a couple of us older folks know the words. On the other hand, it's hard not to love Biz Markie.

BillS
01-24-2014, 07:27 AM
As a Ray Charles fan, I would like to see "Hit the Road, Jack" added to the end-of-game repertoire, but I'm afraid that maybe only a couple of us older folks know the words. On the other hand, it's hard not to love Biz Markie.

Typically that is used for guys who foul out and is played Fieldhouse-wide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

duke dynamite
01-24-2014, 09:41 AM
That and you all need to know that you only do the "left-right-left-right" when a player fouls out. Not when they leave the floor when they get a foul.

joeyd
01-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Typically that is used for guys who foul out and is played Fieldhouse-wide.

Yeah, I know. It is such a great song but so under-utilized because of that.

mitchbr
01-27-2014, 12:09 AM
There's always a guy at Colts games who has a horn (French horn?) that plays the "(Duh-nuh DUH-NUH DUH-NUHHHHH) CHARGE!" tune and that whole corner screams "charge". That'd be sweet for offensive fouls. I don't know what the rule is for NBA arenas, but maybe it could be along the lines of the drum line?

Sandman21
01-27-2014, 11:16 AM
There's always a guy at Colts games who has a horn (French horn?) that plays the "(Duh-nuh DUH-NUH DUH-NUHHHHH) CHARGE!" tune and that whole corner screams "charge". That'd be sweet for offensive fouls. I don't know what the rule is for NBA arenas, but maybe it could be along the lines of the drum line?

We don't need no stinkin horns! (Really, we don't. We have one or two guys do the Duh-nuh DUH-NUH DUH-NUHHHHHHH and everyone responds)

Besides, I'm pretty sure the NBA wouldn't let us have one under their noisemaker rules.

able
01-27-2014, 11:47 AM
i still think a nice version of "mr sandman" when we have a 25 pt lead would attract attention

FlavaDave
01-27-2014, 04:04 PM
That and you all need to know that you only do the "left-right-left-right" when a player fouls out. Not when they leave the floor when they get a foul.

I know. That drives me nuts.

Also drives me nuts? When the organist plays the "charge" music when the Pacers are on offense. Seriously?

I tried to get people to sing "Scoooooola. Luis, Luis, Scoooola." to the tune of The Kink's "Lola", but it did not stick.

duke dynamite
01-27-2014, 04:22 PM
I know. That drives me nuts.

Also drives me nuts? When the organist plays the "charge" music when the Pacers are on offense. Seriously?

I tried to get people to sing "Scoooooola. Luis, Luis, Scoooola." to the tune of The Kink's "Lola", but it did not stick.

The same stuff from 2-3 years ago is still being used. If they didn't change then they won't now.

Sandman21
01-27-2014, 05:14 PM

I've been yelling Pacers instead of charge since last season. I wish people would think that through. It also works well for the Thunderstruck chorus when Boomer rises to the ceiling in the 4th quarter....