PDA

View Full Version : Pacers' Players giving out Free Milkshakes at 3 Steak n Shake Locations RIGHT NOW

Trader Joe
10-11-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers_paint_the_town_101011.html

Pacers Paint the Town with Steak n Shake

October 11, 2010
WHAT
Pacers Paint the Town with Steak n Shake, Official Partner of the Indiana Pacers

Members of the Indiana Pacers and staff will be appearing at three Steak n Shake locations around Central Indiana. While at each location, players will be working the drive thru window, assisting customers and handing out complimentary milkshakes to the first 200 customers.

WHO
Pacers players and staff

WHERE
8640 N. Michigan Road 46268 Paul George and Magnum Rolle
10701 E. Washington Street 46229 Darren Collison and A.J. Price
7960 US 31 South 46227 Jeff Foster and James Posey

WHEN
Monday, Oct. 11, from 3:00 4:30 p.m.

NOTE
All players are subject to change.

I'm stuck at work which is unfortunate because free stuff, milkshakes, and the Pacers are three of my favorite things. The only way they could make this better is if the Pacemates were giving "happy endings" away as well.

Basketball Fan
10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Wish I saw this earlier... too late now

Deadshot
10-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Here's a Facebook link to the photo gallery from this afternoon:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=226812&id=43267052995

Sookie
10-11-2010, 06:52 PM
PacersVPTIX: Aj price is working the drive thru at steak n shake. He just told a customer that the right side of the menu is free.

I'm sorry..that's hilarious. I'm sure Steak n Shake was happy. :D

travmil
10-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Why wouldn't they promote this sooner and make sure the right people knew about it? Why does the biggest Pacer fan board on the net with hundreds of active posters pulling information from sources all over including some inside the Pacers organization just find out about this 15 minutes before it starts. Was there some sort of wider announcement that we somehow all missed? Why not do this at a time when people can actually use it? 3-4:30? Sorry, had to work. Not that I wouldn't have loved to be able to meet our newest Pacers players and take my two boys with me. But then I'm an actual paying customer. You know, the kind who comes to games with discretionary income. Sometimes the Pacers marketing just really baffles me.

BillS
10-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Because they aren't targeting the Pacer fan board, they are targeting kids and parents on their way home from school?

Because it is in general a "random appearance" that they decided to announce on pacers.com as a way to get people to look at pacers.com?

Lots of valid reasons that don't include you/us as the target audience.

BillS
10-11-2010, 07:24 PM
In addition:

Not that I wouldn't have loved to be able to meet our newest Pacers players and take my two boys with me. But then I'm an actual paying customer. You know, the kind who comes to games with discretionary income.

In that case you just have to show up early with your two boys and they'll meet some Pacers and get autographs.

They are targeting the people who DON'T show up to the games. Not much point targeting the people who already show up.

travmil
10-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Why not target both?

Trader Joe
10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
They tweeted this early this morning, it just never got posted on here til I decided to. So it was out there on Pacers.com and twitter.

BillS
10-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Why not target both?

$$$ and time, as in all things.

grace
10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
I was at work when this happened. Too bad since I live really close to one of the restuarants. However, probably best I couldn't go because it would have been really hard for me not to say "I thought Larry didn't want a bunch of milk drinkers." Maybe milkshakes don't count. :shrug:

Brad8888
10-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Oddly, I saw on channel 6 news last night that the Pacers also handed out free tickets with the milkshakes. Why was that not indicated on the promotional posting on the Pacers website? Was that indicated on Twitter or Facebook?

Failed to capitalize on opportunities twice in the same promotion, failing to promote Steak N Shake as effectively by not mentioning free tickets and not driving traffic during off hours, and failing to promote attendance at Pacers games by not indicating that free tickets would be handed out, reducing the potential impact on actual attendance at upcoming games for people who otherwise might not attend because of not fully promoting that aspect.

Even for those of us here who might be going to games, there may be other people that we know who might want to come, especially if the tickets are free. The fact that nobody posted here (and somebody probably would have if free tickets had been promoted) also indicates a relatively ineffective promotion in my view.

judicata
10-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Maybe their objective is different from your objective?

Trader Joe
10-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Maybe they didn't know they would have free tickets available with enough time to announce it?

BillS
10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Maybe they didn't know they would have free tickets available with enough time to announce it?

OK, I'm defending them and even I think that's ludicrous. :lmao: