PDA

View Full Version : NBA.COM poll: toughest player in NBA

dal9
10-10-2010, 04:32 PM
This is a poll f/ nba.com, asking who is the toughest player in the NBA.
The three options they give are Artest, Kobe, and Nash.
Artest, OK, but I don't know where they get the other two.

Write-ins allowed here.

xBulletproof
10-10-2010, 04:34 PM
You don't know where they got Kobe and Nash from?

Both of those guys play through all kinds of injuries. Nash in particular stands out. I don't remember what caused it but he needed stitches and had a broken nose or something, I just remember laughing because his face looked like Hamburger Helper, and he was still playing like nothing's wrong.

kester99
10-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Nash in particular stands out. I don't remember what caused it but he needed stitches and had a broken nose or something...

'Cheap Shot Bob' Horry.

Doddage
10-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Dwayne Howard? :confused:

BlueNGold
10-10-2010, 05:43 PM
There are no tough guys left in the league. Guys like Rick Mahorn, Dale Davis, Bill Laimbeer, Charles Oakley, etc no longer grace the court.

The NBA is now a league for pansies.

xBulletproof
10-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Dwayne Howard? :confused:

It's a mix between Superman, and The Rock. Duh.

focused444
10-10-2010, 05:49 PM
It's a mix between Superman, and The Rock. Duh.

haha I was thinking Wade and Howard, but if thats the way you wanna go with it thats cool.

immortality
10-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Manu Ginobilialso sounds like a decent write in, didn't he have a broken nose against the Mavs last playoffs ?

focused444
10-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I think there is a lot of tough players in the NBA making this hard to distinguish. But if we're going by "I wouldn't want to bump into him in a dark alley" perspective, it's gotta Artest right?

Hicks
10-10-2010, 10:17 PM
It's cliche, but Tyler's very tough.

Shaq's tough, but it's gotta be easier to be at his size (I'd think, anyway). Same with Dwight. Gotta be to take the hits they do. Ron's pretty tough, too. Stephen Jackson is very tough (you practically have to break his legs to keep him out for long). Danny deserves mention after the teeth incident (and last year trying to play through a torn planter fascia). Carl Landry.

There's probably others I'm not thinking of.

BornReady
10-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I think there is a lot of tough players in the NBA making this hard to distinguish. But if we're going by "I wouldn't want to bump into him in a dark alley" perspective, it's gotta Artest right?

haha I'd have to go with Ben Wallace on that one

BringJackBack
10-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Kendrick Perkins, Ben Wallace, Anderson Varejao, Joakim Noah, Kevin Garnett, and Paul Pierce (based on his no-nonsense, I'm better than you and you are a sack of **** attitude on the court that had even Ron Artest afraid)

Out of the toughest of all time I think of Larry and Isiah. What Isiah did in that fourth quarter vs. the Blazers was amazing.

Trophy
10-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Maybe not the tougest in the whole league, but Danny is a pretty tough guy.

He broke his teeth out and can still play well through pain.

Skaut_Ech
10-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Actually, there's a new guy who I've been following who seems to be a brute:

Nikola Pelovic (http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/103899393.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUi D3aPc:_Yyc:aUnciaec8O7EyUsl)

This guy would have fit right in with the old Pacers.

He gets my vote!

mitch55
10-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Reggie Evans. did you see how well he took that shot to the buttocks? WOW!!!

Dece
10-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Paul Pierce, and his cry baby I'm hurt fake injury oh god will he get up antics every time he gets fouled, is probably the biggest pansy in the league. Coming out of the locker room in a wheel chair screams tough, I know.

RonRon is from Queensbridge... only tough guys come out of that hood, harshest ghetto in the US.

spreedom
10-11-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't know if they're going for toughness in terms of durability, but if that was the case I'd go for Dirk Nowitzki. I think he's averaged 79+ games per season for his career despite a lot of sprains and pulls. He'd get my vote. Or Dwayne Howard.

Cactus Jax
10-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Kendrick Perkins, Ben Wallace, Anderson Varejao, Joakim Noah, Kevin Garnett, and Paul Pierce (based on his no-nonsense, I'm better than you and you are a sack of **** attitude on the court that had even Ron Artest afraid)

Out of the toughest of all time I think of Larry and Isiah. What Isiah did in that fourth quarter vs. the Blazers was amazing.

Isiah's injury occured in the Finals against the Lakers not the Blazers, and unfortunately they lost that game/series.

I'd have to go with Dale Davis, Antonio Davis, Charles Oakley in terms of I wouldn't want to meet them in a dark alley as far as all-time.

travmil
10-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Dwayne Howard! The rest of them posers aren't even CLOSE. Dude is BEAST!!!!!

This list is only valid until Stanko makes it to the NBA anyway. As soon as that happens, every poll will consist of two options.

Option 1. Stanko
Option 2. Not Stanko

travmil
10-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Paul Pierce (based on his no-nonsense, I'm better than you and you are a sack of **** attitude on the court that had even Ron Artest afraid)

If by afraid you mean that Artest routinely pantsed him on the court for a whole game once then yeah, Ron was terrified.

IndyPacer
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Troy Murphy for his bruising, physical defense.

Honorable mention to Tinsley for playing in the NBA despite suffering from the oddest assortment of migraines, sinus infections, buttock sprains, and whatever other ailments he was able to conjure up.

pacersgroningen
10-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Toughest player should be A.I. for going at it full force every practice!

naptownmenace
10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Melo. Dude lead the league in "And-1" plays. He routinely gets hacked but still manages to get the shot up and in.

joew8302
10-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Melo. Dude lead the league in "And-1" plays. He routinely gets hacked but still manages to get the shot up and in.

Yeah, that brawl at MSG a few years back was reminiscent of Larry Johnson and Charles Oakley going at Zo. Well, not really. Carmelo looked like a teenage girl trying to fight.

Kuq_e_Zi91
10-12-2010, 03:00 AM
Depends on what you mean by tough. If it's just physically, I'd say Artest, but if it's mentally too ... I'd say Kobe.

Kstat
10-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Yeah, that brawl at MSG a few years back was reminiscent of Larry Johnson and Charles Oakley going at Zo. Well, not really. Carmelo looked like a teenage girl trying to fight.

I thought Carmelo looked more like Usaine Bolt backpeddling into the locker room....

bphil
10-12-2010, 08:50 AM
I would have to go with Nash, especially considering his age. Remember, there's a huge difference between "strong" and "tough." Dwight Howard is without a doubt unbelievably strong, but with as much as he cries to the refs, I would never call him tough, not even close. If he were tough, he would shut the @#$% up and make his free throws so he wouldn't get hacked every time he touches the ball.