PDA

View Full Version : area 55

kielbeze
10-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Conrad gives us the shout-:cool:
Area 55 is a hoot. The fans in that section were on their feet all night, offering chants for Dwight Howard's free throw shooting and Rashard Lewis' playoff woes, among other things. They also had giant cutout heads of Roy Hibbert, who is the guiding force behind that section and paid for the season tickets, Larry Bird and Slick Leonard. If this was preseason form for Area 55, I can't wait for the regular season. They're going to need a new cutout of Hibbert's head, though. It looked disturbingly like Cheryl Miller.
The best teamwork of the night came from the Area 55ers and new P.A. voice Michael Grady. When the time came, Grady would simply say, "Two minutes …" and the Area 55ers, right in cue, would respond, "Two-wah." Grady showed massive class by setting up the tribute to the man he replaced, Reb Porter, with a major assist from the Area 55ers.

kielbeze
10-09-2010, 02:08 AM
ReggieMillerTNT Reggie Miller
Watching Pacers vs Magic, love that Roy Hibbert has bought that section called *Area 55*, giving back and making it loud in Conseco.

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 02:08 AM
ya it was amazing 2nite i think it affected dwight lol. im glad im in it this season is gonna be really fun. Thanks Roy and the pacers for making it possible!

El Pacero
10-09-2010, 03:24 AM
First game was pretty good. I gotta admit, I was a little scared about the force Area 55 could bring, but it was a decent first showing. I will be honest and say that if we didn't have the Carmel, IU and a certain fan named Will Prim (@prince0812) we wouldn't have been half of what we are. They all brought it big time.

We need a lot more organization and experience, but this was our first day of Training Camp. If you look at it that way, it was a total success. I talked to PD members after the game and they could TOTALLY hear us and loved the chants. That made me feel really good. We don't really know how loud we are or what we are effecting. I guess the Pacers bench was cracking up (I heard Rush may have been in tears) over our playoff chant.

It's a start, but just like the Pacers, we have a long way to go.

(edit: forgot to say that I confirmed kielbeze was cool for a second time, and I met the infamous pacer4ever. I don't know if I'm the 1st PD member to meet him, but I will say that he is a very cool kid with his head together and just has been taken the wrong way on here. And maybe types sloppy on his phone. Huge Pacers Fan.

2nd edit: Also forgot I finally met Bender. Him and his posters were a hit all night. Slick signed a foreheard, Mark wanted a picture with his (and I think wanted it) and Roy was carrying them around as well. Really cool guy. However, therefore, please do note - I think the loud screaming while OUR PACERS were shooting free throws might have came from his area!!! #throwunderbus #pointsdeducted #area55suspension)

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 03:33 AM
First game was pretty good. I gotta admit, I was a little scared about the force Area 55 could bring, but it was a decent first showing. I will be honest and say that if we didn't have the Carmel, IU and a certain fan named Will Prim (@prince0812) we wouldn't have been half of what we are. They all brought it big time.

We need a lot more organization and experience, but this was our first day of Training Camp. If you look at it that way, it was a total success. I talked to PD members after the game and they could TOTALLY hear us and loved the chants. That made me feel really good. We don't really know how loud we are or what we are effecting. I guess the Pacers bench was cracking up (I heard Rush may have been in tears) over our playoff chant.

It's a start, but just like the Pacers, we have a long way to go.

(edit: forgot to say that I confirmed kielbeze was cool for a second time, and I met the infamous pacer4ever. I don't know if I'm the 1st PD member to meet him, but I will say that he is a very cool kid with his head together and just has been taken the wrong way on here. And maybe types sloppy on his phone. Huge Pacers Fan.)

lol infamous i like that lol. Did u see me talking to lance born ready after the game or did u already go off to party? i swear you are more famous than the players it took u a long time to get out of the arena. everyone wantd 2 talk to you.

JonnyB83
10-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Best area 55 chant of the night: "In your head" to Howard after a few free throw misses. Since the only Area 55 guy I talk to on twitter is El Pacero I'll say it again here, you guys HAVE to get the other *cough* fans *cough* under control during our free throws. I understand it's preseason for everyone and it did improve as the night went on.

pizza guy
10-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I missed the game last night, but I turned on SportsCenter to try to catch the highlights. In the opening video clips that they throw together before the show really starts, I'm fairly certain there was an Area55 tryout video or something of the sort. Somebody in a Hibbert jersey with their face painted going bananas in a gym somewhere. That was pretty awesome.

I Love P
10-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Were the heads on tv? Cant waitto bring them all. We need to think of a new way to chant. that chant, clap clap clap clap,.really gets old.

pwee31
10-09-2010, 10:09 AM
I like the playoff no show chant at Rashard Lewis.

I also notice there was some guy in yellow that everyone tried to get away from? What was that about?

I also saw this chick I use to mess around w/ in college in area 55. I tweeted El Pacero for confirmation b/c she was right by him on the jumbotron...needless to say my g/f didn't respond with me asking if that was her.

I believe I saw a few of you while I was leaving CFH b/c I remembered faces with some of the pics that have been posted here

JonnyB83
10-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I missed the game last night, but I turned on SportsCenter to try to catch the highlights. In the opening video clips that they throw together before the show really starts, I'm fairly certain there was an Area55 tryout video or something of the sort. Somebody in a Hibbert jersey with their face painted going bananas in a gym somewhere. That was pretty awesome.

I came home from the game and watched it on DVR and the heads made the FSN telecast and the "can't shoot free throws" chant nearly killed QB he was laughing so hard.

Brad8888
10-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Area 55 was, without a doubt, the best thing about the game. Loved the "Can't Hit Freethrows" for Howard. Also loved the chants of "Jim O'Brien" when O'Brien willfully chose to kick the ball and make it roll to the other end of the court. "Thank you, Roy" was also a very nice touch.

The "TWO-wah" following Grady's "Two Minutes" was prompted for the entire crowd to join in on by the Pacers on the big screens above the court, and everyone who attended the game throughout the arena helped with that fitting tribute to Reb Porter.

All in all, without Area 55 last night, the 3000 or so of us who actually attended the game would have been far less entertained and into the game, and the building would have had virtually no energy except during the sporadic times when the team showed flashes of playing decent basketball.

Ozwalt72
10-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Watching the game on TV, the noise I heard from Area 55 made it feel like a college game. That's a good thing.

ZepZach
10-09-2010, 11:46 AM
El Pacero, you also met the infamous ZepZach. I didn't mention PD when I talked to ya, but I was the short dude you sat next to during shootaround. It was cool meeting you!

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 12:10 PM
the funniest thing was when we got the magic fan kicked out lol

I Love P
10-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I asked roy via twitter if he could see the fatheads from the floor... he said yeah that was great. Going to post a couple pix soon

kielbeze
10-09-2010, 12:40 PM
the funniest thing was when we got the magic fan kicked out lol He was not even a magic fan That would be understandable. He was back there just talking trash about everyone on both teams. Mcroberts sucks Granger sucks bal bla bla carter sucks. But I will say one more time El Pacero is the man for going up there and getting his name lmao Dude gets so many points in my book for that one that was crazy!

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 12:53 PM
He was not even a magic fan That would be understandable. He was back there just talking trash about everyone on both teams. Mcroberts sucks Granger sucks bal bla bla carter sucks. But I will say one more time El Pacero is the man for going up there and getting his name lmao Dude gets so many points in my book for that one that was crazy!

lol ya But also before the game they relocated the kid who had a magic jersey on. He was only like 10 but him and his dad had to switch sections. lol

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 12:54 PM
the fat heads were awesome!!!!

I Love P
10-09-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54260568@N07/5064879655/

^ Slick signed the fathead at half.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54260568@N07/5064884525/

^ Mark Boyle....he said he wants one of him.

dgranger17
10-09-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm hoping last night was the worst possible Area 55 performance of the year. A few people were going wild, but not nearly enough (15% isn't good at all). A few people stood the whole time, and not everybody stayed. I had an absolute blast with El Pacero, Prim, SuperFan, and Bender. I'm truly honored to be sitting so close to SuperFan... that guy is a blast. I'm also kind of embarrassed to be a member of the Area right now because like I said, last night was weak. I know it was only preseason, but we have to step it up. Also, I'm with Bender on the whole 4 syllable chant followed by the claps... we need to mix in some other rhythms. All in all, I look forward to the next 43+ games. Can't wait to watch Game 7 of the Finals from AREA FIFTYFIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I Love P
10-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Yea "superfan" is a funny dude. Glad we are standing next to him. Hopefully I'll run into him at Colts games.

dgranger17
10-09-2010, 02:33 PM
We were 24-27 (88.9%) from the charity stripe... I don't think we affected our players. Lance is innocent. On that note, I will be staying away from any legal related issues going forward, just wanted to express my opinion for the 1st game. Lance has gotta know we have his back unlike the not so glory days when our fans would openly boo at Tinsley, Jackson, etc... that's definitely not good. At least we were positive. Plus, it's not like anybody else was yelling. I thought that's what we were here for. Pacers 107 Rockets 79

SMosley21
10-09-2010, 02:51 PM
When the chants start getting into things that aren't basketball related, it turns from being roudy fans to being utter douchebags. Even if it's a player from an opposing team, I don't think there should be any chants about a player's off court issues. We don't want to be seen in the same light as the a-holes in Philly, Detroit, or Boston. At least I don't want to be seen in that light.

Overall, I thought Area 55 did an admirable job last night, and my buddy and I (in Section 208) spent a good chunk of the game being amused by the Area 55 bunch. Can't wait to see what kind of carry over effect there will be when there are more people in Conseco to join in on the fun.

kielbeze
10-09-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm hoping last night was the worst possible Area 55 performance of the year. A few people were going wild, but not nearly enough (15% isn't good at all). A few people stood the whole time, and not everybody stayed. I had an absolute blast with El Pacero, Prim, SuperFan, and Bender. I'm truly honored to be sitting so close to SuperFan... that guy is a blast. I'm also kind of embarrassed to be a member of the Area right now because like I said, last night was weak. I know it was only preseason, but we have to step it up. Also, I'm with Bender on the whole 4 syllable chant followed by the claps... we need to mix in some other rhythms. All in all, I look forward to the next 43+ games. Can't wait to watch Game 7 of the Finals from AREA FIFTYFIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Agreed we need a leader and i think area 55 should be general admission seating so we can get all of us who want to be what area 55 was meant to be all in one group.

larsondjs
10-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I liked Area 55. Kinda felt like they were a "student section". I hope they keep it respectable.

redfoster
10-09-2010, 03:59 PM
El Pacero, you also met the infamous ZepZach. I didn't mention PD when I talked to ya, but I was the short dude you sat next to during shootaround. It was cool meeting you!
Cool, I think I met you as well. You were the guy that thought I was joking when I said I was Zach, right?

ZepZach
10-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Cool, I think I met you as well. You were the guy that thought I was joking when I said I was Zach, right?

Haha. Yeah that was me.

imawhat
10-09-2010, 04:16 PM
I think area 55ers should look up to the Bucks' Super 6. This is what our fans should be doing.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Ur-Llqmurg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Ur-Llqmurg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/chqdLHaV44w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/chqdLHaV44w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

focused444
10-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I saw people using their phones and not paying attention the few times the camera showed area55 on the tv broadcast. Not using a phone (during playing time) was one of Roy's rules. I know there is a handful of absolutely crazy fans in area55, but if you're gonna take the tickets from Roy I thought it was a trade off for absolutely bananas behavior (in good taste) the entire game.

For the guys trying to make it work in area55, you should look into some soccer type chants that are more of making melodic noise then saying a particular message.

Still preseason though...

Coach em up Roy!

SMosley21
10-09-2010, 04:24 PM
I actually said the same thing, last night during the game, that a few people are saying here. More chants with different cadences and rhythms is a must, otherwise the whole idea will get very stale quickly. Get creative with it guys.

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I actually said the same thing, last night during the game, that a few people are saying here. More chants with different cadences and rhythms is a must, otherwise the whole idea will get very stale quickly. Get creative with it guys.

we do 3 new chants each game

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 04:30 PM
I got my mohawk gonna dye it blue or gold cant decide.

focused444
10-09-2010, 04:44 PM
I got my mohawk gonna dye it blue or gold cant decide.

blue or a mix of both...

SMosley21
10-09-2010, 04:47 PM
blue or a mix of both...

blue and yellow tiger striped!

Trader Joe
10-09-2010, 04:52 PM

Was everyone there? It looked like it was only partially filled all game.

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 06:10 PM
blue and yellow tiger striped!

good idea ill have my girl do it im not good with hair lol

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 06:12 PM
That's because they had spread out so much. As I already complained about. Mostly because I was all alone. Lol. By the way just want to say thanks and how much I appriciatte the entire staff that's a part of this. The fact that they know our names and everything is awesome. They are really working for us out there.

im pretty sure they will fix that come reg.season. We will all be sitting together i hope make it louder :)

kielbeze
10-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Found this on eightpointsnineseconds.com What I liked about the game in general – The first unit looks sound, and Roy Hibbert and Darren Collison are establishing themselves as foundation players on this roster. If this team gets good, then Area 55 will irritate the living she-poopie out of visiting teams.
:laugh: Kinda liked this one

redfoster
10-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Can't wait til Wednesday. I had my girlfriend and two guests with me on Friday so I sat with them in 102 instead of 101 where my ticket is. Starting Wednesday, I am all on my own, so I will be sure to bring it the whole game right in the thick of things.

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Can't wait til Wednesday. I had my girlfriend and two guests with me on Friday so I sat with them in 102 instead of 101 where my ticket is. Starting Wednesday, I am all on my own, so I will be sure to bring it the whole game right in the thick of things.

can we bring guest to the rest of the presesaon?

redfoster
10-09-2010, 11:52 PM
can we bring guest to the rest of the presesaon?
Troy called me and said they had some free tickets for the first game, but I don't think they are giving any away for the rest of them.

pacer4ever
10-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Troy called me and said they had some free tickets for the first game, but I don't think they are giving any away for the rest of them.

that sucks i wanted my friend to come

redfoster
10-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Hey guys, I just set up a Tumblr account for Area 55. We can upload photos, videos, mp3's, text, or whatever to this blog.

I figure everyone can submit their own stuff and we can keep it as a sort of online scrapbook of season 1 of Area 55. I already added a great photo from heywoode. I know a lot of people in A55 have Twitter, but this is a better way to keep organized media from the games.

To submit stuff, go to: http://area55.tumblr.com/submit

To just go to the homepage, http://area55.tumblr.com

I will be working on a better theme this week.

pacer4ever
10-10-2010, 01:56 AM
Hey guys, I just set up a Tumblr account for Area 55. We can upload photos, videos, mp3's, text, or whatever to this blog.

I figure everyone can submit there own stuff and we can keep it as a sort of online scrapbook of season 1 of Area 55. I already added a great photo from heywoode. I know a lot of people in A55 have Twitter, but this is a better way to keep organized media from the games.

To submit stuff, go to: http://area55.tumblr.com/submit

TO just go to the homepage, http://area55.tumblr.com

I will be working on a better theme this week.

thats tight good work

El Pacero
10-10-2010, 12:59 PM

I was thinking the same thing 2nd half, and have been worried for a while. Hopefully our numbers improve, but we need more crazy fans. There are some people basically sitting the entire game.

Then after the game I heard all the positive reaction from other Pacers fans and was surprised how loud we were. It was basically our first day of training camp and we have tons of work to do.

What about using a "who who" two-count to replace the "clap, clap, clap-clap-clap" four-count sometimes? We could do other stuff, too.

Did anyone notice the Houston Fan Section during last night's game?

(ZepZach - yup recognized you when I first saw you. And kielbeze - now we know what to do when another Greg invades Area 55!)

IndyHoya
10-10-2010, 01:18 PM
When the chants start getting into things that aren't basketball related, it turns from being roudy fans to being utter douchebags. Even if it's a player from an opposing team, I don't think there should be any chants about a player's off court issues. We don't want to be seen in the same light as the a-holes in Philly, Detroit, or Boston. At least I don't want to be seen in that light.

Overall, I thought Area 55 did an admirable job last night, and my buddy and I (in Section 208) spent a good chunk of the game being amused by the Area 55 bunch. Can't wait to see what kind of carry over effect there will be when there are more people in Conseco to join in on the fun.

I agree with you about our players' off-court issues. We shouldn't ever needle our own players. I'm less charitable when it comes to the opposition. For example, getting on DH about his foul shooting was great. I loved "Can't Shoot Free Throws" and especially "In Your Head". We can be a little funny and edgy without being profane or too personal.

Other thoughts:

We have to be quiet when our own people shoot FTs.

We shouldn't be using cell phones and be texting while the game is going on.

We might want to consider getting more compact from a seating perspective. A lot of times different people in A55 were doing different chants simply because we were so spread out. Consequently, we were out of sync sometimes. Maybe that'll change with the season and when both Sections 101 and 102 get filled up.

I was also wondering if we were really that loud. Maybe we were. It's nice to get feedback from those seated elsewhere actually hearing us. It's kind of hard to gauge A55's effects on the Arena as a whole when you're right there in the middle of it.

Also, does anybody know any remedies for hoarseness? It's Sunday and my voice is still less than 100%. The day after the game with Orlando I couldn't talk at all.

El Pacero
10-10-2010, 05:09 PM
I agree with you about our players' off-court issues. We shouldn't ever needle our own players. I'm less charitable when it comes to the opposition. For example, getting on DH about his foul shooting was great. I loved "Can't Shoot Free Throws" and especially "In Your Head". We can be a little funny and edgy without being profane or too personal.

Agreed.

We have to be quiet when our own people shoot FTs.

Amen.

We shouldn't be using cell phones and be texting while the game is going on.

I will sadly admit I was freaking out 1st quarter because I forgot to tivo the game and was holding my phone in my hand trying to get the directv app to connect. Never got to watch the game again to hear us on TV. Won't happen again and you can deduct me a point.

We might want to consider getting more compact from a seating perspective. A lot of times different people in A55 were doing different chants simply because we were so spread out. Consequently, we were out of sync sometimes.

Agreed and agreed. Some of us in 102 finally moved over to 101 where there are more people are to begin with.

Also, does anybody know any remedies for hoarseness? It's Sunday and my voice is still less than 100%. The day after the game with Orlando I couldn't talk at all.
I could barely talk yesterday. Someone on twitter told me to use my diaphragm next time. I've heard of singers using honey, salt water and pickle juice, yum!

IndyHoya
10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
I think having the ques on the big screen helped a lot. The first 2 min 2 ahh wasa a disaster, then they put it up on the screen and it was perfect. I think if we give a few chant idea including hib hib hooroy. And they throw them up there it will help. I watched a buck 6 section say that they do that. So it also gets every other fan into it.

Good ideas! Coordinating with the big screen worked great on the 2nd Two-Ah! That got a lot of positive feedback BTW. The Hib Hib HooROY could be put up on the screen every time Roy gets a bucket and the chanting could be so much more coordinated that way.

Robertmto
10-10-2010, 06:54 PM
No one got that guy kicked out, he got kicked out cuz he yelled ":censored: you"

kielbeze
10-11-2010, 12:00 AM
No one got that guy kicked out, he got kicked out cuz he yelled ":censored: you"
yeah but el pacero bated him lol

Robertmto
10-11-2010, 12:17 AM
the entire "argument" was juvenile and unnecessary. The guy wasn't bothering any1, wasn't being loud at all, and was complaining about both teams.

But a group of 13 guys pestering him (and the alcohol i presume) just pissed him off. But hey, whatever makes u guys feel cool

http://twanatells.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kanye_shrug.png

Hicks
10-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Only Area 55 members belong in Area 55.

redfoster
10-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Only Area 55 members belong in Area 55.
For reals. Or at the very least, Pacers fans. I didn't see the incident, but if this guy wasn't a fan of either team, he still didn't belong.

I am hoping for a better turnout on Wednesday as well, but if you check out the picture of Area 55 by heywoode, there are actually more than 55 people in the two sections. It looks like we shouldn't be using Section 102 at all.

kielbeze
10-11-2010, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=Robertmto;1072677]the entire "argument" was juvenile and unnecessary. The guy wasn't bothering any1, wasn't being loud at all, and was complaining about both teams.

But a group of 13 guys pestering him (and the alcohol i presume) just pissed him off. But hey, whatever makes u guys feel cool

It made me feel awesome! Thats why were in Area 55 because we love the pacers don't sit in area 55 and talk trash and you wont get pestered lol.
Thats like wiping before you poop! Just does not make sense.

kielbeze
10-11-2010, 12:56 AM
For reals. Or at the very least, Pacers fans. I didn't see the incident, but if this guy wasn't a fan of either team, he still didn't belong.

I am hoping for a better turnout on Wednesday as well, but if you check out the picture of Area 55 by heywoode, there are actually more than 55 people in the two sections. It looks like we shouldn't be using Section 102 at all.
I heard word We might be changing our seating situation so we can all be together but just talk right now.

I Love P
10-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Yea not real sure what the deal with that guy was. I just remember all of you turning around and giving him ***** so I decided to chime in...I won't be able to make it Wednesday but kyle will be there and ill be giving my ticket to one of our friends, who will be a diehard pacers fan. All the fatheads will be taken Wednesday.

Kemo
10-11-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm also kind of embarrassed to be a member of the Area right now because like I said, last night was weak. I know it was only preseason, but we have to step it up. Also, I'm with Bender on the whole 4 syllable chant followed by the claps... we need to mix in some other rhythms. All in all, I look forward to the next 43+ games. Can't wait to watch Game 7 of the Finals from AREA FIFTYFIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I got an idea for a situational chant..

SITUATION:

The opposing team's aging all-star/superstar is at the free-throw line ..

Remember that military cadence .. goes somethin' like
"I don't know what you been told........ but Eskimo P*s** is mighty cold .."
or somethin like that...

well do the chant to that same style

THE CHANT:
"I don't know what you been told .... but (*insert aging star's name here*) is getting mighty old ..."

that was just an example.. but you get the point ..

Should come up with some funny ones that will throw their game off .. lol

pacer4ever
10-11-2010, 02:28 AM
I got an idea for a situational chant..

SITUATION:

The opposing team's aging all-star/superstar is at the free-throw line ..

Remember that military cadence .. goes somethin' like
"I don't know what you been told........ but Eskimo P*s** is mighty cold .."
or somethin like that...

well do the chant to that same style

THE CHANT:
"I don't know what you been told .... but (*insert aging star's name here*) is getting mighty old ..."

that was just an example.. but you get the point ..

Should come up with some funny ones that will throw their game off .. lol

We cant use names lol thats what the people told us from the pacers. maybe nicknames lol or maybe they wont care and will let us use the players namelol.

duke dynamite
10-11-2010, 09:18 AM
I liked the energy from Area55, but man, the "clap clap clap clap clap" thing got old. I'll give y'all a pass since it was the first pre-season game. I'm sure you guys have a lot more up your sleeve.

By the way, I'm facilitating the Josh McRoberts chant this season as I did last season. You guys following me on that Friday was a riot.

Speed
10-11-2010, 09:26 AM
How about on Wednesday, everytime Ridnour or Flynn shoot a free throw you start a chant of "Ric Ky Rubio"

or

When Beasley shoots a free throw "no more, pod casts" clap clap clap clap clap.

Maybe not the last one, that's pretty tough. Kinda funny though, imo.

Speed
10-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Or a sign that says,

# of years until Rubio goes to Minnesota = never.

# of years until David Kahn is fired = 1

BillS
10-11-2010, 10:23 AM
First, kudos to Area 55, I will get to see you in action for the first time on Wednesday as I had to miss Friday's game.

Second, try coming up with some catchphrases for all the players. "Dun Dun!" or similar along with the "hib hib hooROY!:" would be great.

Finally, harassing other attendees of the game is classless, no matter where they are sitting. I hope that's not something that becomes a feature of Area 55. There's a difference between that and good-natured banter - if the other person is feeling or acting threatened, it isn't banter any more.

tsm612
10-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Or a sign that says,

# of years until Rubio goes to Minnesota = never.

# of years until David Kahn is fired = 1

Make a fathead out of this pic for when we play Minnesota. I don't care if they understand it or not. It would make my day.

:khan:

pacergod2
10-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Should we maybe start a thread asking for input into different chants and ideas for area 55? I think that would provide some great synergy for ideas and basically a brainstorming session of sorts for area 55 going into the games. I don't know, but it is just a suggestion.

I still love McBeard as a nickname... Maybe they could throw up a picture of McBeard with the full beard and give out a bear growl whenever he throws down a nasty dunk. Or possibly start with a picture of regular JMac and then morph it into a picture of him with "The Beard", while playing the noise from Transformers when they morph. Just an idea. You guys could chant from one side... JMAC!!! Then the other side would respond with "The Beard".

Anytime Hans does something tough, you guys could do the noise from Psycho. (I think it was Psycho with the loud screeches).

Also, from Roy's Wikipedia site... "Since Roy is an avid Pokémon fan, his teammates would often say, 'Power up, big fella,' to help him play harder." This may be a joke, but it might be hilarious to incorporate into a chant.

TJ stands for Terrance Jerod.

Foster and "Eat It" from Weird Al. Hopefully he continues to gobble up rebounds like in the past.

DG would need a really good chant.

These are probably terrible ideas and might require working with the team personnel. But just trying to come up with some ideas.

kielbeze
10-11-2010, 11:35 AM
pacergod2 Thats exactly what people need to do just throw us a bone here lol.
No idea is a bad one if everyone did that on here i thing we could get some good ammo built up. Besides in area 55 or not you should all be somewhere in CFH to join in ;) if not you can still hear some of our stuff on tv and be proud that it was your idea.

Speed
10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Here's a couple ideas for the opener.

When Igoudala gets the ball: 3 point, brick layer (self expanatory).

For Doug Collins: Not Phil Jack son (fired from the bulls during the MJ days).

Elton Brand: O Ver Paid.

Evan Turner: O Ver rated. (sure it's been done, but it's still fun)

Louis Williams: Not a starter (came off the bench last year, even though he probably was on of their best 5 players)

Jason Kapono: One dimensional

Spencer Hawes: Career back up

Wow, I can only think of really mean stuff, sorry. :)

El Pacero
10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Some good ideas here. I think a separate thread like "PD Ideas for Area 55" would be good to focus on just that and hopefully get ideas from non-Area 55ers. We could probably use all the help we can get.

One of Roy's main rules for Area 55 is Pacers fans only, pretty simple. If someone else starts talking trash about Pacers players and Area 55 members inside of Area 55, I hope we start another good-hearted chant. Especially if they also say Josh McRoberts should move back to Carmel.

BillS
10-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Some good ideas here. I think a separate thread like "PD Ideas for Area 55" would be good to focus on just that and hopefully get ideas from non-Area 55ers. We could probably use all the help we can get.

One of Roy's main rules for Area 55 is Pacers fans only, pretty simple. If someone else starts talking trash about Pacers players and Area 55 members inside of Area 55, I hope we start another good-hearted chant. Especially if they also say Josh McRoberts should move back to Carmel.

Why not just get an usher or someone to move that person and keep Area55 focused on the game?

El Pacero
10-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Why not just get an usher or someone to move that person and keep Area55 focused on the game?

Probably not a bad idea for the future, but the intent honestly wasn't to get them kicked out, just call them out for trash talking. We were in chant mode for the Pacers and so that's what happened. I guess he did the rest.

I Love P
10-11-2010, 12:13 PM
I started this chant for Magnum Rolle...I think its a good one...

XL, XL, XL, XL, XL!!!! And cross your arms above your head like an X.

Or Mag Num XL Mag Num XL Mag Num XL...no pauses in between just keep saying Mag Num Xl...

pacergod2
10-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I started this chant for Magnum Rolle...I think its a good one...

XL, XL, XL, XL, XL!!!! And cross your arms above your head like an X.

Or Mag Num XL Mag Num XL Mag Num XL...no pauses in between just keep saying Mag Num Xl...

Or even do PI PI PI PI PI.

Who doesn't love Magnum PI. Maybe he can make a cameo driving to the game in a Ferrari 308. Or maybe we can get Higgins to make an appearance.

When I say Magnum, you say PI, Magnum, PI.

Professional Intimidator.

http://www.backtotheeighties.net/images/magnum-pi-ferrari.jpg

Or what about a little Magnum Malt Liquor

http://www.millercoors.com/Portals/0/images/Products/logo/Magnum.gif

Diamond Dave
10-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I have to say that the Fat Head of Shatner yelling Kahn may be funniest idea on here.

Also I feel that the whole area should be holding sacks of marbles and begin shaking them whenever Roy decides to softly lay one up instead of throwing it down. For all those who have seen Major League 2.

Finally each time the Pistons come to town, and proceed to turn it over a chorus of "DETROIT BASKETBALL" must be heard throughout the fieldhouse.

Speed
10-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Finally each time the Pistons come to town, and proceed to turn it over a chorus of "DETROIT BASKETBALL" must be heard throughout the fieldhouse.

Absolutely, I've been practicing this at home for years!!

BillS
10-11-2010, 01:50 PM

I think I'd have to :suicide: if I heard that inside Conseco Fieldhouse, even as a joke.

pacer4ever
10-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Here's a couple ideas for the opener.

When Igoudala gets the ball: 3 point, brick layer (self expanatory).

For Doug Collins: Not Phil Jack son (fired from the bulls during the MJ days).

Elton Brand: O Ver Paid.

Evan Turner: O Ver rated. (sure it's been done, but it's still fun)

Louis Williams: Not a starter (came off the bench last year, even though he probably was on of their best 5 players)

Jason Kapono: One dimensional

Spencer Hawes: Career back up

Wow, I can only think of really mean stuff, sorry. :)

Stating the ovbious lol or maybe say LA Clippers or Baron Davis. That one would work better when the clippers come to town. Chant Elton Brand because he backed out on the clippers and his buddy Baron Davis.

Idont think i have it in me to make a chant about Eric Gordon .But i have a couple in mind.

duke dynamite
10-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Also I feel that the whole area should be holding sacks of marbles and begin shaking them whenever Roy decides to softly lay one up instead of throwing it down. For all those who have seen Major League 2.

http://natslose100.webs.com/marbles2.jpg

Trader Joe
10-11-2010, 02:47 PM
the entire "argument" was juvenile and unnecessary. The guy wasn't bothering any1, wasn't being loud at all, and was complaining about both teams.

http://twanatells.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kanye_shrug.png

IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT THE DUDE THAT GOT PUNCHED BY JERMAINE O'NEAL HAD ONE OF THE BEST EJECTIONS FROM A SPORTING EVENT OF ALL TIME! ALL TIME!!!!

Flibertygibits
10-11-2010, 05:27 PM
I could barely talk yesterday. Someone on twitter told me to use my diaphragm next time. I've heard of singers using honey, salt water and pickle juice, yum!

From my experience using your diaphragm is really the only way to go. I learned how to do it in basic and you'll be amazed how much more your voice carries, and after awhile it becomes somewhat second nature.

On another note, why are the seats still in the area? Better yet, why don't they super glue some tacks and broken glass on them to prevent people from sitting down? If someone told me they were buying me season tickets and I had to stand the entire game then I gladly would...bad back, legs, and all!

IndyHoya
10-11-2010, 07:23 PM
http://natslose100.webs.com/marbles2.jpg

LOL. Very good idea. :-)

IndyHoya
10-11-2010, 07:36 PM
From my experience using your diaphragm is really the only way to go. I learned how to do it in basic and you'll be amazed how much more your voice carries, and after awhile it becomes somewhat second nature.

You may have to give some of us lessonS in diaphragm use. My voice was MIA for the entire weekend after Friday's game.

IndyHoya
10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Or even do PI PI PI PI PI.

Who doesn't love Magnum PI. Maybe he can make a cameo driving to the game in a Ferrari 308. Or maybe we can get Higgins to make an appearance.

When I say Magnum, you say PI, Magnum, PI.

Professional Intimidator.

http://www.backtotheeighties.net/images/magnum-pi-ferrari.jpg

Or what about a little Magnum Malt Liquor

http://www.millercoors.com/Portals/0/images/Products/logo/Magnum.gif

I like PI. Scrap the XL thing. Comparing Magnum to a condom sounds too much like we're dissing him. Magnum is a great guy (the only one besides Roy that came over and shook hands with everyone in A55 during the warm ups). I know Bender didn't intend to do anything wrong, but I didn't like that cheer at the game.

El Pacero
10-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I think I'd have to :suicide: if I heard that inside Conseco Fieldhouse, even as a joke.

I thought it was kinda funny, but I understand. What about Detroit BasketFAIL?

IndyHoya
10-11-2010, 08:52 PM

That's what happened.

pacer4ever
10-13-2010, 01:01 PM
what time is everyone getting to the field-house?

5:30

redfoster
10-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Not that I know of. I will be over at The Pub around 6ish.

redfoster
10-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Damn Greenway, are you coming from Anderson for every game? That is commitment, my friend.

pacer4ever
10-13-2010, 03:22 PM
r there pregame activities 2nite?

There is a postgame AUTO signing you need to get a wristband pregame to attend.

brkyrd
10-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Me and a few friends will be saving money, tailgating in the Alabama and South lot. PTO preseason meeting.

duke dynamite
10-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Damn Greenway, are you coming from Anderson for every game? That is commitment, my friend.
Got him beat, my commute is 76 miles one-way. :p

IndyHoya
10-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Me and a few friends will be saving money, tailgating in the Alabama and South lot. PTO preseason meeting.

Thanks for the invite. It was nice meeting you and your buds Friday and thanks again for the brat. Tailgating's a good idea. Now that I know where you guys are, I'll try to bring some beer next time.:dance:

I'll try to throw in some money for brats too.

kielbeze
10-17-2010, 03:45 AM
Got him beat, my commute is 76 miles one-way. :p

Yeah mine is 94 miles every game one way lol

indianapolismarkus
10-17-2010, 04:46 AM
Yeah mine is 94 miles every game one way lol

Dude's one the coolest Area 55ers I've met. I enjoyed cheering next to him and his wife and look forward to doing it again.

Area 55 where long lasting friendship happens. Go Pacers!