PDA

View Full Version : I was just thinking and feeling sad today...

bulletproof
08-17-2004, 01:31 AM
...that we let Antonio Davis go. If we hadn't, I am certain that we would have beaten the Lakers in the 2000 finals. Not to mention we would have kicked the crap out of the Pistons and the Lakers this year. No doubt in my mind, and there's nothing anyone can say here that will convince me otherwise, so don't even bother trying to rationalize with me. I'm just a crazy head right now.

I dunno, for some reason today it just hit me again that Antonio is gone, and what that means for the team I love. And we're stuck with that "never will be," Bender. Worst trade in NBA history.

Point is, I miss the best NBA center this franchise had. Just take a gander at this line-up and tell me we wouldn't be the next NBA dynasty:

Tinsley/Johnson
Jackson/Miller
Artest/Bender
O'Neal/Croshere
A. Davis/Foster

We're so close, but I often quiver in fear that it's not quite close enough. Bring Antonio back! That one switch would push my confidence over the top. It's so damn close it's not even funny.

I admit I'm being a big pansy here and wallowing in the past, but it just makes my butt pucker to think of what might have been.

Ah well...

Next up: the Dale Davis for Jermaine O'Neal fiasco.

Young
08-17-2004, 01:34 AM
If I am thinking correctly, if AD would have been kept than Austin Croshere would not have gotten the playing time he did.

But yeah I wouldn't mind bringing AD back. Croshere/Pollard for AD? Yeah. He can still give 10 and 8 and play hard defense.

MagicRat
08-17-2004, 01:53 AM
...that we let Antonio Davis go. If we hadn't, I am certain that we would have beaten the Lakers in the 2000 finals. Not to mention we would have kicked the crap out of the Pistons and the Lakers this year. No doubt in my mind, and there's nothing anyone can say here that will convince me otherwise, so don't even bother trying to rationalize with me. I'm just a crazy head right now.

I dunno, for some reason today it just hit me again that Antonio is gone, and what that means for the team I love. And we're stuck with that "never will be," Bender. Worst trade in NBA history.

Point is, I miss the best NBA center this franchise had. Just take a gander at this line-up and tell me we wouldn't be the next NBA dynasty:

Tinsley/Johnson
Jackson/Miller
Artest/Bender
O'Neal/Croshere
A. Davis/Foster

We're so close, but I often quiver in fear that it's not quite close enough. Bring Antonio back! That one switch would push my confidence over the top. It's so damn close it's not even funny.

I admit I'm being a big pansy here and wallowing in the past, but it just makes my butt pucker to think of what might have been.

Ah well...

Next up: the Dale Davis for Jermaine O'Neal fiasco.

I thought you said you were over it and you had moved on at the summer '99 forum party?......:confused:

Peck
08-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Was it important to do this?

Do you feel better?

I'm sorry but I don't think Hicks deserved this.

bulletproof
08-17-2004, 02:39 AM

Do you feel better?

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

bulletproof
08-17-2004, 02:47 AM
I thought you said you were over it and you had moved on at the summer '99 forum party?......:confused:

I don't know what you do for living, MR, but unless you're a comedy writer, you're in the wrong profession.

Jose Slaughter
08-17-2004, 02:48 AM
This is both sad & funny at the same time.

But I think Peck is right, it is kind of a low blow.

bulletproof
08-17-2004, 02:59 AM
This is both sad & funny at the same time.

But I think Peck is right, it is kind of a low blow.

Yeah, I take it neither you or Peck caught this:

*sigh* I've gotten caught back up in this again after wanting to stop. I'm trying to be reasonable, but I mainly have bullet being Donnie's puppet with his responses, such as saying/doing anything to make him look right, including knocking Brad by either making fun of where he comes from, or saying his game and value to the team was less close to Jermiane O'Neal than it was to Jamison Brewer :rolleyes: That's not someone worth wasting more time arguing about this. I enjoy talking w/ him in general, but if there's an issue where Walsh's opinion is known, he's gonna go into full puppet mode and say anything to try to support Donnie's opinion instead of having an opinion of his own (or at least being open to a different idea), and it's predictable enough that I'm going to try hard not to waste my time with debating anymore. It's like talking with a wall.

Bball
08-17-2004, 03:31 AM
Koolaid, Koolaid.... who wants some Koolaid?

-Bball

Harddrive7
08-17-2004, 07:51 AM
Koolaid, Koolaid.... who wants some Koolaid?

-Bball

:lolchair: :tsk:

MagicRat
08-17-2004, 09:22 AM

Do you feel better?

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

The bulletproof Kid: I ain't never mocked no one before that, Peck.
Peck Munny: Well you sure mocked the hell outta that guy.

MagicRat
08-17-2004, 09:22 AM
bulletproof Munny: Anybody that doesn't want to get mocked best clear on out the back.

Hicks
08-17-2004, 09:29 AM
Trolling is not allowed. It's obvious why you did this, and it's cleary trolling.

Shade
08-17-2004, 08:24 PM
I know what the intent of this post was bullet, but how would we have Bender if we hadn't traded AD for him, smarty pants? :devil: