PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller now on Twitter.....

MagicRat
10-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm sure most of you twitter users have already seen it, but just in case....

@reggiemillertnt

Kemo
10-05-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm sure most of you twitter users have already seen it, but just in case....

@reggiemillertnt

https://twitter.com/#!/reggiemillertnt

ChristianDudley
10-05-2010, 11:17 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/reggiemillertnt

link is actually http://twitter.com/reggiemillertnt

TMJ31
10-08-2010, 08:12 PM
So a little update on this...

There may be a chance that this is due to some sort of technical glitch... But probably not.

So I am a regular Twitter user ( http://www.twitter.com/tmjonsson )

Obviously I began following Reggie the minute I learned that he had joined.

I immediately mentioned him in a message:
http://twitter.com/#!/TMJonsson/status/26522573341

Then a day or so later, some random Heat fanboy started sending Reggie @ messages
saying that he should join the Heat if he really wants a ring...

It was pretty ridiculous.

I replied (to this random person AND to Reggie) sticking up for Reg, basically saying he had
a chance to do that with the Celtics, but he is loyal and a Pacer for life...
And that if Reggie did that he would be no better than LeBron... etc.

I wasn't rude or mean, but clearly stated that it was dumb to even suggest Reggie
do something like that when he already passed up that opportunity once.

Fast forward a couple hours... The person who posted that tweet ended up sending
an @ message to me saying "good point" (In reply to my reasons for why that was a dumb idea)
http://twitter.com/#!/jzking/status/26677528615

Fast forward again a couple more hours... And someone from PD that I follow via Twitter
(forget who, I follow many) had RT'd (retweeted) a message Reggie had posted that I did not recognize...
Which was weird because I had been regularly reading Reggie's tweets.

So I went to his profile, and found that I was no longer Following him,
and he was no longer listed in my "Pacers" list (all Pacer fan/player/employees go in this list).

I thought perhaps it was a database issue, so I tried to Follow Reggie again, but I now get the following message:

"Could not follow user: You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user."

Is this because of some random technical issue... Perhaps

Is it because Reggie somehow got offended that I stuck up for him in front of
some random dude saying he should join the Heat to become a ring-chaser... More likely...

It's the 2nd quarter of the first televised pre-season Pacers game Vs the Magic...
I was really excited to finally be watching Pacers ball again... But now I've found out that my idol has basically "blocked me"
from contacting him or even reading his messages on a public website...
I have to admit I am pretty devastated... I've pretty much lost my excitement for the rest of this game.

I really hope this isn't what I fear it is... I know that Reggie doesn't owe me anything,
and that for me to "expect" him to interact with me personally isn't realistic...

But even with that in mind, I am not going to lie... This hurts like hell.

Indra
10-09-2010, 03:33 AM
So a little update on this...

There may be a chance that this is due to some sort of technical glitch... But probably not.

So I am a regular Twitter user ( http://www.twitter.com/tmjonsson )

Obviously I began following Reggie the minute I learned that he had joined.

I immediately mentioned him in a message:
http://twitter.com/#!/TMJonsson/status/26522573341

Then a day or so later, some random Heat fanboy started sending Reggie @ messages
saying that he should join the Heat if he really wants a ring...

It was pretty ridiculous.

I replied (to this random person AND to Reggie) sticking up for Reg, basically saying he had
a chance to do that with the Celtics, but he is loyal and a Pacer for life...
And that if Reggie did that he would be no better than LeBron... etc.

I wasn't rude or mean, but clearly stated that it was dumb to even suggest Reggie
do something like that when he already passed up that opportunity once.

Fast forward a couple hours... The person who posted that tweet ended up sending
an @ message to me saying "good point" (In reply to my reasons for why that was a dumb idea)
http://twitter.com/#!/jzking/status/26677528615

Fast forward again a couple more hours... And someone from PD that I follow via Twitter
(forget who, I follow many) had RT'd (retweeted) a message Reggie had posted that I did not recognize...
Which was weird because I had been regularly reading Reggie's tweets.

So I went to his profile, and found that I was no longer Following him,
and he was no longer listed in my "Pacers" list (all Pacer fan/player/employees go in this list).

I thought perhaps it was a database issue, so I tried to Follow Reggie again, but I now get the following message:

"Could not follow user: You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user."

Is this because of some random technical issue... Perhaps

Is it because Reggie somehow got offended that I stuck up for him in front of
some random dude saying he should join the Heat to become a ring-chaser... More likely...

It's the 2nd quarter of the first televised pre-season Pacers game Vs the Magic...
I was really excited to finally be watching Pacers ball again... But now I've found out that my idol has basically "blocked me"
from contacting him or even reading his messages on a public website...
I have to admit I am pretty devastated... I've pretty much lost my excitement for the rest of this game.

I really hope this isn't what I fear it is... I know that Reggie doesn't owe me anything,
and that for me to "expect" him to interact with me personally isn't realistic...

But even with that in mind, I am not going to lie... This hurts like hell.

I posted a comment on Reggie's page telling him that I grew up worshiping him and that he was a stand-up guy (etc...) and he said "thank you." It was a great day for me. Sorry yours has turned out weird/disappointing.

Hicks
10-09-2010, 01:08 PM
You said he'd be no better than LeBron (in a bad way) if Reggie went to the Heat. I can't say I'm surprised he blocked you, unfortunately for you.

Psycho T
10-09-2010, 03:44 PM
You said he'd be no better than LeBron (in a bad way) if Reggie went to the Heat. I can't say I'm surprised he blocked you, unfortunately for you.

I'll take that as meaning he would have jumped to the Bulls if he had the chance.

count55
10-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Since testing the new version of Twitter, I've inadvertently blocked/reported for spam like four different followers. I undid it almost immediately, but I have no idea how it happened.

10-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Reggie is a business man now. If I were Reggie, and I am certainly far from it, I would block any follower who attacked another follower - even if he or she had my interest in mind. I am sure Reggie's Twitter page will be featured on TNT, ESPN, and Dan Patrick. He simply cannot allow it to become a forum.

If I were Reggie, I would allow my page to become a one way conversation. I.E., You talk to me, and if I so chose, I respond. OR I create conversations and control the conversation.

I have always thought that Reggie has higher aspirations than a analyst on TNT. I think Reggie wants to be a force in media and well respected for it. As a result, he must protect his interest.

TMJ31
10-09-2010, 08:18 PM

I don't understand why it's an issue for me to say that... Because Reggie DIDN'T do those things despite many, many chances... So I was basically saying that Reggie stuck to his guns and stayed loyal to his team where "others" have not.

It was the furthest thing from dissing Reggie possible.

In hindsight, yes I suppose it was stirring the pot a bit... But not at Reggie's expense, that's for darn sure! I was sticking up for him and his legacy, not trying to demean him.

TMJ31
10-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Reggie is a business man now. If I were Reggie, and I am certainly far from it, I would block any follower who attacked another follower - even if he or she had my interest in mind. I am sure Reggie's Twitter page will be featured on TNT, ESPN, and Dan Patrick. He simply cannot allow it to become a forum.

If I were Reggie, I would allow my page to become a one way conversation. I.E., You talk to me, and if I so chose, I respond. OR I create conversations and control the conversation.

I have always thought that Reggie has higher aspirations than a analyst on TNT. I think Reggie wants to be a force in media and well respected for it. As a result, he must protect his interest.

Valid points...

Just hurts when (as a lifelong fan), you voice your opinion in defense of your idol, and you get blacklisted because of it.

Hicks
10-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Reggie stayed loyal, but I seem to recall that it wasn't a given he would. I remember talk of him going to the Knicks, then the Lakers, then coming out of retirement to be with Boston. I think there was at least a little smoke with one or more of those.

TMJ31
10-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Reggie stayed loyal, but I seem to recall that it wasn't a given he would. I remember talk of him going to the Knicks, then the Lakers, then coming out of retirement to be with Boston. I think there was at least a little smoke with one or more of those.

Oh yea I remember those instances as well.

He definitely flirted with the idea.

That is obviously very different than actually following through.

I don't begrudge Reggie having thoughts of other situations at all.

Lord Helmet
10-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Him staying loyal happened by chance, IMO.

He almost came out of retirement to play for Boston, but decided against it because of the grind it would put on his body, not because of wanting to be loyal to the Pacers. I never remembered reading him say that, although I'm glad he didn't come out of retirement.

During one of his contract years, I do remember there were rumors of the Knicks getting him, and of course the Lakers wanted a Cali guy, although I have vague memories of that story.

Bottom line, don't worry about it, it could have been a mistake, and if it wasn't, he probably blocked you because he didn't want his Twitter to become a public forum with people yelling at each other.

TMJ31
10-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Him staying loyal happened by chance, IMO.

He almost came out of retirement to play for Boston, but decided against it because of the grind it would put on his body, not because of wanting to be loyal to the Pacers. I never remembered reading him say that, although I'm glad he didn't come out of retirement.

Bottom line, don't worry about it, it could have been a mistake, and if it wasn't, he probably blocked you because he didn't want his Twitter to become a public forum with people yelling at each other.

That's the public perception... But I am pretty sure that in Reggie's mind his loyalty played a bigger part than many people assume. Of course I could be totally wrong and it was the exact opposite, but I doubt it.

- Bottom line: you're right. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe I was being overzealous in my defense of him... It still just stings when you basically worship a person your entire life and then little things like this happen.

10-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Valid points...

Just hurts when (as a lifelong fan), you voice your opinion in defense of your idol, and you get blacklisted because of it.

I understand. I grew up watching Reggie play. It would certainly be dissapointing.

10-09-2010, 11:01 PM
That's the public perception... But I am pretty sure that in Reggie's mind his loyalty played a bigger part than many people assume. Of course I could be totally wrong and it was the exact opposite, but I doubt it.

- Bottom line: you're right. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe I was being overzealous in my defense of him... It still just stings when you basically worship a person your entire life and then little things like this happen.

At the end of the day, Reggie did what was best for Reggie. Do I blame him? No! As a Pacer fan, that man gave me 18 years of blood, tears, and sweat.

I think the reason Reggie did not play for the Celtics is simple. That's not the way he wanted to win. It had nothing to do with, "us." Reggie didn't want to hitch his wagon to someone's star. Truly great players don't want to be in the shadow of another. They want to be the best and to beat the rest. Consider what Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johson said about the infamous, "Decision." Each criticized Lebron James' "If you can't beat'em join'em" attitude and for giving up and creating a super-team. I think Reggie didn't want it to be like that. If he couldn't do it on his own then he simply was not going to do it.

TMJ31
10-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Truly great players don't want to be in the shadow of another. They want to be the best and to beat the rest. Consider what Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johson said about the infamous, "Decision." Each criticized Lebron James' "If you can't beat'em join'em" attitude and for giving up and creating a super-team. I think Reggie didn't want it to be like that. If he couldn't do it on his own then he simply was not going to do it.

Could not have said it better myself.

Kaufman
10-09-2010, 11:34 PM
just a little story for you --- tmj. as a kid i used to worship jeff george. i had all of his rookie football cards and collected everything jeff george. i was planning to go to a preseason game and made my mom take me to the drug store to buy a sharpie pen...

anyways, so we get to the game, me and my friend, and we go stand in the hoosier dome by the tunnel. guess who comes out? jeff george! we yelled for him and he came our way.....

and i gave him my card to sign.

but...

the sharpie didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at that point there were a ton of kids around and jeff starts giving it to me about how my pen doesn't work. he throws it on the ground, then autographs my card with some kid's blue bic ball point pen, bending up the card in his hand to be able to sign it, in the process.

long story short - these things happen. don't put anybody so high that when they inevitably slip up, it is crushing.

just bc you are blocked via twitter from reggie doesn't mean you can't get to him some other way. Write him a letter.

10-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Think of it like this (and I hope this helps):

It's not personal. It's just business.

vapacersfan
10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
just a little story for you --- tmj. as a kid i used to worship jeff george. i had all of his rookie football cards and collected everything jeff george. i was planning to go to a preseason game and made my mom take me to the drug store to buy a sharpie pen...

anyways, so we get to the game, me and my friend, and we go stand in the hoosier dome by the tunnel. guess who comes out? jeff george! we yelled for him and he came our way.....

and i gave him my card to sign.

but...

the sharpie didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at that point there were a ton of kids around and jeff starts giving it to me about how my pen doesn't work. he throws it on the ground, then autographs my card with some kid's blue bic ball point pen, bending up the card in his hand to be able to sign it, in the process.

long story short - these things happen. don't put anybody so high that when they inevitably slip up, it is crushing.

just bc you are blocked via twitter from reggie doesn't mean you can't get to him some other way. Write him a letter.

A GREAT post.

90'sNBARocked
10-10-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't understand why it's an issue for me to say that... Because Reggie DIDN'T do those things despite many, many chances... So I was basically saying that Reggie stuck to his guns and stayed loyal to his team where "others" have not.

It was the furthest thing from dissing Reggie possible.

In hindsight, yes I suppose it was stirring the pot a bit... But not at Reggie's expense, that's for darn sure! I was sticking up for him and his legacy, not trying to demean him.

My man, if what you said you posted is true (which I believe you) and he blocked you for that , it was either an accident, or he was being very petty

Even though we dont like it, there people just like you and I

dont let it bother you man :)

BillS
10-11-2010, 11:42 AM
May very well just be blocking anyone involved in noise, no matter the side of the noise they were on.

bphil
10-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I honestly still can't believe he stayed here after someone burned his house down.

PR07
10-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I think you also have to look at the LeBron angle as to why Reggie may have blocked you. You essentially dissed another player, and as a talking head of the NBA, Reggie may have just not wanted that on his wall all together. I doubt Reggie wants an ESPN headline on the NBA page saying "Reggie Disses LeBron in his twitter".

Trader Joe
10-11-2010, 02:59 PM

Dick move by Reggie...really dick move.

Hicks
10-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Why did you quote me to say that?

Trader Joe
10-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Why did you quote me to say that?

Oh it wasn't anything personal, your post just popped up as someone saying you can understand why Reggie did it.

I was just saying that I think it's a dick move, I can understand WHY he did it, but I don't think he NEEDED to.