PDA

View Full Version : All preseason games are being shown FREE on NBA League Pass

ChristianDudley
10-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I thought I'd let everyone know that even if you are not a subscriber to NBA League Pass, preseason has always been free (not blacked out). I just checked and sure enough, you can watch all games going on right now except for the Heat game, which is being shown on NBATV. This should also mean that we'll be able to watch the Pacers @ Grizzlies game tomorrow, but from the Grizzlies feed. I will add that I have DirecTV, so I'm not sure if this would be different for non-DirecTV users.

BringJackBack
10-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Sweetness.

Tis is the greatest day in ze world.

pwee31
10-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Best News of the Preseason so far!

I have directv and sure enough I can watch other games.

I don't see the Pacers and Grizzles listed for tomorrow night though. Hope that updates!

vnzla81
10-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I went to NBA.com and could not get in without buying the league pass

xBulletproof
10-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I wonder if this counts for NBA League Broadband as well.

ChristianDudley
10-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure as I have never tried the NBA LP Broadband before. Hopefully the Grizz have a feed tomorrow night so we can see the Pacers. At least we know for sure Friday and Saturday's games will be televised!

graphic-er
10-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Did see any games on comcast besides the Heat.

I Love P
10-05-2010, 11:12 PM
I have brighthouse, I dont see any games on right now. I've got like only 5 "NBA channels" the rest are MLS.

ChristianDudley
10-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Maybe it is only DirecTV then. I just got done watching 4 or 5 different games on there. (Bulls/Bucks, Magic/Rockets, Mavs/Wizards, etc)

Psyren
10-05-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm not positive, but according to the following link, it won't be on.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=1800008

Could be wrong though

Psyren
10-05-2010, 11:31 PM
And just a question.

To those with DirecTV, are any games on NBALP as of right now for you folks?

pwee31
10-05-2010, 11:49 PM
I don't see any on as of now on Directv. As CD said, Bulls/Bucks, Wiz/Mavs, Magic/Rockets. Only one I see on tomorrow is Celtics/76ers.

Looks like I'll have to wait to see the Pacers Friday (live!) unless there's highlights on NBAtv.

Hicks
10-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Doesn't appear to be true for Comcast.

pwee31
10-06-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm not positive, but according to the following link, it won't be on.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=1800008

Could be wrong though

Not sure about this link b/c there were more than games on tonight than just the Heat/Pistons.

I'll wait and see tomorrow. Won't get my hopes up, but it would be nice

JB24
10-06-2010, 12:17 AM
The Grizzlies aren't televising tomorrow's game.

Bball
10-06-2010, 12:22 AM
There is always the inhouse video feed that can be uplinked and synced with radio audio... even if the game is not 'televised'. Whether this happens or not is anyone's guess but it's happened before.

Psyren
10-06-2010, 01:42 AM
The Grizzlies aren't televising tomorrow's game.
If you're basing it off of the following link, than the Grizz basically aren't televising any games...

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/schedule/index.html

:laugh:

Where'd you hear they weren't televising it at? Not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering

croz24
10-06-2010, 07:04 AM
channelsurfing.net

ChristianDudley
10-06-2010, 07:23 AM
And just a question.

To those with DirecTV, are any games on NBALP as of right now for you folks?

I got 4 of 5 different games last night on TV and I have DirecTV. I even got the postgame shows as well before they were blacked out.

And highlights are being shown on NBATV if anybody cares about that as well. So far on the guide, I saw last night that they will be showing 1 or 2 different games....I forget which they are, though.

Trophy
10-06-2010, 07:31 AM
I haven't subscribed for LP yet.

I usually do about a week before the start of the regular season.

Can these free games be watched online? I think my account is still good and running.

JB24
10-06-2010, 11:03 AM
If you're basing it off of the following link, than the Grizz basically aren't televising any games...

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/schedule/index.html

:laugh:

Where'd you hear they weren't televising it at? Not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering

http://www.nba.com/gameline/20101006/

They usually list the channel showing it a day or two before the game. As of right now, the Pacers game and the OKC-CHA game have nothing listed, which probably means nobody's broadcasting it.

duke dynamite
10-06-2010, 12:22 PM
The Reds have their first playoff game in 15 years tonight. I will just bite the bullet and follow the Pacers' game from my phone or my laptop.

Plus I'm sure you all will be barking about the game throughout the night anyway. I'm not missing out on anything. Friday is the real treat.

xtacy
10-06-2010, 12:49 PM
has someone outside of US managed to buy lp?

i'm still getting e-mail reminder page.

naptownmenace
10-06-2010, 02:04 PM
The preseason games usually aren't shown free on NBA Broadband until the first week of the season.

I have Dish Network and they didn't have a free preview last night. Strangely, they did have a free preview of NBATV last weekend because I set the DVR to record the Heat game and it didn't record last night because the free preview is over.

The Pacers game tonight isn't on at all. I'll be watching the Reds play tonight anyway so I'll have to get the report on Pacers.com tomorrow night.

CableKC
10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Did see any games on comcast besides the Heat.
I'm on Comcast out here in California and I see no games at all. I don't think that we even have the option to subscribe to NBALP yet.

:banghead:

vnzla81
10-06-2010, 02:48 PM
The Reds have their first playoff game in 15 years tonight. I will just bite the bullet and follow the Pacers' game from my phone or my laptop.

Plus I'm sure you all will be barking about the game throughout the night anyway. I'm not missing out on anything. Friday is the real treat.

IPhone? How? Please..... ;)

pacer4ever
10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure as I have never tried the NBA LP Broadband before. Hopefully the Grizz have a feed tomorrow night so we can see the Pacers. At least we know for sure Friday and Saturday's games will be televised!

i have a new PC fast and it looks just like tv the summer league feed did

pacer4ever
10-06-2010, 03:34 PM
I went to NBA.com and could not get in without buying the league pass

i bought it and it wont let u watch the preseason

duke dynamite
10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
IPhone? How? Please..... ;)
ESPN Game Center, live scoring, etc. I'm not actually talking about watching the game live.

Wait..I just got it. :-p

MaHa3000
10-06-2010, 06:14 PM
I just realized that Dish network and FSI are not being friendly with each other. Looks like I won't be seeing much of the Pacers this year.
Is anyone else that has dish getting that stupid message?
WTF?
I'm about to cry.
WTF?

vapacersfan
10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
I just checked FIOS last night (well at 2AM this morning) and I hate the option top purchase NBALP.

No clue if pre-season is free.

If only I was not working all afternoon and evening so I could actually watch games.

Really?
10-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow nba league pass audio isn't even working for me, would like to listen to it but cant even do that...

vnzla81
10-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Wow nba league pass audio isn't even working for me, would like to listen to it but cant even do that...

same here

MyFavMartin
10-15-2010, 02:49 PM
I was wondering if I get the TV only League Pass, how many Pacers games should I expect to get? I see it advertised as 40 games per week (of course, blackout rules apply, but since I'm in the DC area, that shouldn't apply).

Is there a schedule somewhere?

ChristianDudley
10-15-2010, 03:23 PM
As long as at least 1 of the 2 teams is showing each game, with League Pass you will be able to watch it. You may not get the Denari/Buckner show for a few games, but there should be a feed from another team still showing the game, and with League Pass, you'll get to watch that other team's feed.

pacer4ever
10-15-2010, 03:47 PM
I have league pass only on broadband and the games are not on there. I have already paid LOL

MyFavMartin
10-15-2010, 04:20 PM
As long as at least 1 of the 2 teams is showing each game, with League Pass you will be able to watch it. You may not get the Denari/Buckner show for a few games, but there should be a feed from another team still showing the game, and with League Pass, you'll get to watch that other team's feed.

Have the Pacers games been on? on the internet only? preseason different?

ChristianDudley
10-15-2010, 04:32 PM
They've all been on the League Pass channels for me except for 1 of them (and another one, but it was shown on NBATV, which is included with League Pass). I have DirecTV, though, so I'm not sure if that makes any difference or not.

DaveP63
10-15-2010, 05:38 PM
I just realized that Dish network and FSI are not being friendly with each other. Looks like I won't be seeing much of the Pacers this year.
Is anyone else that has dish getting that stupid message?
WTF?
I'm about to cry.
WTF?

And I'm about to get massively pissed off with this :bs: too. If it's not resolved by the start of the regular season, I may have to tell them to come get their :censored: off of my lawn because Direct TV is coming tomorrow...

Hicks
10-16-2010, 01:01 PM
On Comcast, I'm seeing next week's game @MIN listed on one of the league pass channels. :)

pacer4ever
10-16-2010, 02:40 PM
On Comcast, I'm seeing next week's game @MIN listed on one of the league pass channels. :)

wat channels?? i have comcast is it in the 1000s

Hicks
10-16-2010, 03:57 PM
wat channels?? i have comcast is it in the 1000s

On mine, there's one HD channel for League Pass 1713, but the rest are in the 500's.

The IND @ MIN is showing up on 567.

MyFavMartin
10-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm on Verizon and had League Pass but I was only lucky to get 1-2 games per day and no Pacers games so far. (Did get to see them the other night on NBATV.)

So I cancelled. Now I have to figure out how to stream from the computer to the TV. Can one do that and stream to an HDTV? Quality?