PDA

View Full Version : Bullitt Out For The Season

Really?
10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5650578

Boy this really hurts... our secondary already had some problems... I guess I will see where we go from here.

Lol... maybe the Saints will trade us a Darren Sharper when he gets healthy for like a 4th or 5th round pick, he only has a yr left on his contract anyways and they want Malcolm Jenkins to play his spot anyways.

Trader Joe
10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
They say all good things must come to an end...I think this is the year it happens to the Colts.

The times they are a changing....

Sollozzo
10-05-2010, 11:06 AM
This is going to be a brutal season.

SoupIsGood
10-05-2010, 11:22 AM
blargh

This season is gonna hurt.

Trader Joe
10-05-2010, 11:25 AM
This is going to be a brutal season.

At least all our years of Pacers fandom have conditioned us to mediocrity!

Lord Helmet
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Might as well just forfeit the rest of the season.

But, yeah, this does suck.

Mr_Smith
10-05-2010, 11:36 AM
As soon as I saw this thread before clicking, i felt a pain in my stomach. This hurts real bad. I can't believe this!

grace
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM
People always talk about the Madden curse. I'm starting to think having a radio show on 1260 is a curse. First there was Marlon Jackson and now Bullitt. There might be someone else too, but I'm not sure.

Basketball Fan
10-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Well damn!

Bob you expect but Melvin this hurts more...

Oh well our defense sucks regardless...

Shade
10-05-2010, 12:26 PM
All these injuries season after season is getting old...

Mr_Smith
10-05-2010, 12:29 PM
People always talk about the Madden curse. I'm starting to think having a radio show on 1260 is a curse. First there was Marlon Jackson and now Bullitt. There might be someone else too, but I'm not sure.

Well in that case Powers will be next

makaveli
10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Dear God.....could you guys jump off the bandwagon any faster??? C'mon....until #18 isn't taking the snaps the Colts are still a better than average football team. Yes losing Bullitt sucks, but he wasn't exactly helping us stop anybody any way. I don't mean that against Melvin, because he is one of my favorite Colts. I just mean that losing Bullitt isn't any reason to cancel the rest of the season or those playoff tickets. I said all along I thought we'd be 2-2 after the first four games of the season and.....we are 2-2. We will punish the Chiefs this weekend and then take care of a not very good despite what everyone thinks Redskins team to go into the bye 4-2. Coming out of the bye we have 4 of the next 6 at home and we will win at least 5 of those. Record at the end of that stretch 9-3. 11-5 or 12-4 at the end of the season...either way we are a playoff team. Don't forget the rest of the AFC isn't done beating up on one another. Let's have a look..

Houston-A collapse waiting to happen. Last 6 weeks of the season...@ Jets, Titans, @ Eagles, Ravens, @ Titans, @ Denver, Jacksonville. 4 of their last 7 on the road, 2 games against the leagues best defense's,3 division games, several long trips, etc... will be lucky to finish 8-8.

Tennessee-Vince Young-enough said

Jacksonville-David Garrard enough said.

NY Jets-Beset with injuries and believing their own hype

Pittsburgh-We'll see. Hot start but things are about to change. Worthlessberger is two beers, a busted zipper or a shot to the head from being out of the game forever.

Denver-dangerous team BUT Kyle Orton is still Kyle Orton...I don't care what the numbers say.

New England-Secondary is terrible

Chargers-Decent team but beatable

Ravens-The Real Deal

Looking down that list, I like the Colts chances. I feel like the toughest stretch is behind us. We need to get healthy and maybe sign a free agent or two to patch some holes. But as long as #18 is there, the Colts will be just fine.

Trophy
10-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I don't think we, the Saints will trade away Darren Sharper this season.

Basketball Fan
10-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Dear God.....could you guys jump off the bandwagon any faster??? C'mon....until #18 isn't taking the snaps the Colts are still a better than average football team. Yes losing Bullitt sucks, but he wasn't exactly helping us stop anybody any way. I don't mean that against Melvin, because he is one of my favorite Colts. I just mean that losing Bullitt isn't any reason to cancel the rest of the season or those playoff tickets. I said all along I thought we'd be 2-2 after the first four games of the season and.....we are 2-2. We will punish the Chiefs this weekend and then take care of a not very good despite what everyone thinks Redskins team to go into the bye 4-2. Coming out of the bye we have 4 of the next 6 at home and we will win at least 5 of those. Record at the end of that stretch 9-3. 11-5 or 12-4 at the end of the season...either way we are a playoff team. Don't forget the rest of the AFC isn't done beating up on one another. Let's have a look..

Houston-A collapse waiting to happen. Last 6 weeks of the season...@ Jets, Titans, @ Eagles, Ravens, @ Titans, @ Denver, Jacksonville. 4 of their last 7 on the road, 2 games against the leagues best defense's,3 division games, several long trips, etc... will be lucky to finish 8-8.

Tennessee-Vince Young-enough said

Jacksonville-David Garrard enough said.

Pittsburgh-We'll see. Hot start but things are about to change. Worthlessberger is two beers, a busted zipper or a shot to the head from being out of the game forever.

Denver-dangerous team BUT Kyle Orton is still Kyle Orton...I don't care what the numbers say.

New England-Secondary is terrible

Chargers-Decent team but beatable

Ravens-The Real Deal

Looking down that list, I like the Colts chances. I feel like the toughest stretch is behind us. We need to get healthy and maybe sign a free agent or two to patch some holes. But as long as #18 is there, the Colts will be just fine.

Bandwagon huh?

Yeah that's it or maybe its seeing year after year the same exact mistakes with the team and not much being done to correct them because he we have Manning and that's all that matters. Yeah that's not always going to be enough and other teams realize this. When will the Colts?

At some point it ends up coming back to haunt us.

Since86
10-05-2010, 02:16 PM
I think Colts fans have lived so far out of reality for so long, when reality comes back into the picture it's looked at as doom and gloom.

These types of things have happened to every team, multiple times.

Name one other team that has been on top for so long, without any down time. This is what the other 95% of the league goes through. Heaven forbid the Colts are actually human.

Psyren
10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Bandwagon huh?

Yeah that's it or maybe its seeing year after year the same exact mistakes with the team and not much being done to correct them because he we have Manning and that's all that matters. Yeah that's not always going to be enough and other teams realize this. When will the Colts?

At some point it ends up coming back to haunt us.
I tend to agree.

I'm not viewing the losses as a major deal, but at the same time, these are the exact same mistakes we've had for a good 4 years now. Yet, they happen every season and never get fixed.

If that's not frustrating, I don't know what is.

makaveli
10-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I tend to agree.

I'm not viewing the losses as a major deal, but at the same time, these are the exact same mistakes we've had for a good 4 years now. Yet, they happen every season and never get fixed.

If that's not frustrating, I don't know what is.

I don't disagree with either of these statements, I was simply taking umbrage with the previous posts which mention the words "brutal" "mediocrity""pain""stomach pain" and "coming to an end".

The Colts have a tendency to under-react to things no question. All I'm saying is we are a long way from mediocrity. Mediocrity is 4-12, not 12-4 or 11-5 or even 10-6.

DrBadd01
10-05-2010, 02:46 PM

Actually if you want to get technical we get Revis Island, Santonio Holmes, and Calvin Pace back next week against the Vikings. Jenkins is out for the year, but we did sign Trevor Pryce before last weeks game against Buffalo. We are 3-0 in the division and Sanchise is coming into his own (8 TD's and no turnovers ) We may think highly of ourselves, but So far we have lived up to the hype.

makaveli
10-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Actually if you want to get technical we get Revis Island, Santonio Holmes, and Calvin Pace back next week against the Vikings..

I had Revis in the "Believing Their Own Hype" category, not the injury category.

Since86
10-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Really? He's 21st in passing yards, 23rd in passing percentage, and 24th in yards/game (less than 200 yards). The only reason he has such a high QB rating is because of the zero TOs.

That's all fine and dandy, but he's no franchise player. He's Trent Dilfer 2.0.

Basketball Fan
10-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Really? He's 21st in passing yards, 23rd in passing percentage, and 24th in yards/game (less than 200 yards). The only reason he has such a high QB rating is because of the zero TOs.

With a good enough defense Trent Dilfer is all you need...

DrBadd01
10-05-2010, 03:56 PM

Mighty strong words considering he is only in his second year as a starter. . . . Sanchez helped lead his team to the AFC championship his rookie year. If you ask me ( and yes I am a little biased, but so are you) we don't have enough information to say what he will eventually become. Once we get Santonio Holmes back next week who knows how good he could be. . . Keller, Edwards, Holmes and LT give him a number of weapons to use.

Additionally, in case you forgot we are a running team. Sanchez doesn't need to pass for 200+ yards (unlike Peyton Manning) in order to save his defense and win the game. I am sure that if he had to do so he could.

makaveli
10-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Mighty strong words considering he is only in his second year as a starter. . . . Sanchez helped lead his team to the AFC championship his rookie year. If you ask me ( and yes I am a little biased, but so are you) we don't have enough information to say what he will eventually become. Once we get Santonio Holmes back next week who knows how good he could be. . . Keller, Edwards, Holmes and LT give him a number of weapons to use.

Additionally, in case you forgot we are a running team. Sanchez doesn't need to pass for 200+ yards (unlike Peyton Manning) in order to save his defense and win the game. I am sure that if he had to do so he could.

The problem and eventual downfall of Sanchez won't be his talent or lack there of, it will Schottenheimer and HIS lack of balls.

DrBadd01
10-05-2010, 04:14 PM
The problem and eventual downfall of Sanchez won't be his talent or lack there of, it will Schottenheimer and HIS lack of balls.

After week 1 I would of agreed with you; as of right know it is yet to be seen. Like all teams I think the jets game plan depends upon the team we are playing. Rushing will always be a big part of the offense; As Sanchez develops he will earn more freedom. Right now I am very happy with his season so far. He and Vick are the only starting quarterbacks who can say they haven't thrown a interception this season.

Since86
10-05-2010, 04:18 PM
With a good enough defense Trent Dilfer is all you need...

Not in today's NFL.

Since86
10-05-2010, 04:20 PM

I'm not the one that's calling him Sanchise, that's my point.

You're saying we're both being premature with our labels, when I'm not handing out a label, but merely scoffing at the one you, and other Jets fans have already given him. He had that nickname before he ever played a down in the league, that's called generating your own hype, which was the original point.

And no, obviously he can't or he would have against the Colts last year and against the Ravens this year. He has to prove he can before you should be telling me he will. When the opportunities have came up, he hasn't done squat.

Since86
10-05-2010, 04:25 PM
After week 1 I would of agreed with you; as of right know it is yet to be seen. Like all teams I think the jets game plan depends upon the team we are playing. Rushing will always be a big part of the offense; As Sanchez develops he will earn more freedom. Right now I am very happy with his season so far. He and Vick are the only starting quarterbacks who can say they haven't thrown a interception this season.

Peyton is on pace to double Sanchez's passing attempts by next week. That's like a Steelers fan trying to say that Big Ben doesn't throw a lot of INTs. Well that's true but with context you will realize he only throws the ball 18times per game.

I'm not saying Sanchez is Jay Cutler, but let's not act like goes out and slings the ball and takes care of it.

And Peyton's one INT literally came within a half inch of being an incomplete pass. And one that was dropped by his reciever.

DrBadd01
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm not the one that's calling him Sanchise, that's my point.

You're saying we're both being premature with our labels, when I'm not handing out a label, but merely scoffing at the one you, and other Jets fans have already given him. He had that nickname before he ever played a down in the league, that's called generating your own hype, which was the original point.

And no, obviously he can't or he would have against the Colts last year and against the Ravens this year. He has to prove he can before you should be telling me he will. When the opportunities have came up, he hasn't done squat.

For the love of pete it is a nickname. Jets fans use is as such; what you are suggesting is is ludicrous. Just as Pacer fans give Danny Granger or Darren Collison a nickname, Jets fans give their players nicknames. There is nothing wrong with this.

Secondly, you obviously haven't watched him play this year (beyond the Monday night game against Baltimore). He is a 2nd year quarterback. . . he will have his struggles. However, as stated before I am very proud of his development from last year to this year. Is he as good as Peyton Manning? no. But then a again Peyton was as good a he is now in his second year either.

Basketball Fan
10-05-2010, 05:38 PM
For the love of pete it is a nickname. Jets fans use is as such; what you are suggesting is is ludicrous. Just as Pacer fans give Danny Granger or Darren Collison a nickname, Jets fans give their players nicknames. There is nothing wrong with this.

Secondly, you obviously haven't watched him play this year (beyond the Monday night game against Baltimore). He is a 2nd year quarterback. . . he will have his struggles. However, as stated before I am very proud of his development from last year to this year. Is he as good as Peyton Manning? no. But then a again Peyton was as good a he is now in his second year either.

He led the Colts to a 13-3 record his second year before that playoff exit against the Titans

DrBadd01
10-05-2010, 06:38 PM
and so far Sanchez has helped lead the Jets to a 3-1 record, including a 3-0 record in his division. . . . .

D-BONE
10-05-2010, 08:12 PM
When it rains it pours. Colts D has a lot of work to do. I wish part of that job was bringing in a legit DT and/or LB. Man that would do wonders as opposed to this second-tier talent we continue to try to get away with up the middle.

ChicagoJ
10-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Not in today's NFL.

I'll take Charlie Batch, the Steelers' defense, and a 3-1 start for $1000, Alex.

ChicagoJ
10-05-2010, 10:58 PM
You're giving up 150+ yards/ game against the run and you're worried about a defensive back getting hurt?

I'd be more worried that your front-7 stays healthy & bad. Your D-line backups can't be any worse. 35 running attempts and your D-line accounted for total of 10 tackles? Did I read that right? 4 for Moala, 2 each for Johnson and Mathis, 1 each for Freeney and Muir.

Ouch.

Trader Joe
10-05-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't disagree with either of these statements, I was simply taking umbrage with the previous posts which mention the words "brutal" "mediocrity""pain""stomach pain" and "coming to an end".

The Colts have a tendency to under-react to things no question. All I'm saying is we are a long way from mediocrity. Mediocrity is 4-12, not 12-4 or 11-5 or even 10-6.

Mediocrity is 4-12? No, that's downright terrible.

Mediocrity is 9-7, 8-8, 7-9, which is exactly where the Colts are heading.

Trader Joe
10-05-2010, 11:31 PM
and so far Sanchez has helped lead the Jets to a 3-1 record, including a 3-0 record in his division. . . . .

In his second year in the league, Peyton threw the ball 533 times, if Sanchize does that, I'll eat my shoe.

Trader Joe
10-05-2010, 11:33 PM
I'll take Charlie Batch, the Steelers' defense, and a 3-1 start for $1000, Alex.

I like how Colts fans get chided for overreacting to a 2-2 start, yet you'd think that a 3-1 start from the Jets and the Steelers has them penciled into the AFC Championship game already.

Basketball Fan
10-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Mediocrity is 4-12? No, that's downright terrible.

Mediocrity is 9-7, 8-8, 7-9, which is exactly where the Colts are heading.

Yep or even 10-6 for the Colts

ChicagoJ
10-06-2010, 12:51 AM
I like how Colts fans get chided for overreacting to a 2-2 start, yet you'd think that a 3-1 start from the Jets and the Steelers has them penciled into the AFC Championship game already.

Nah. We're nowhere near being an AFC championship caliber team yet. Although we played one to a close game Sunday, and we "should" get better in the coming weeks as our offense should move up from #31 to something better. And I think our defense can move up from #5 overall to something better, too.

We're somewhere between 9-7/ missing the playoffs and AFC championship contender right now.

Although 9-7/ missing the playoffs had a lot to do with Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu missing a combined 20+ games last year. So if they get hurt again, the 3-1 start while playing our third-string and fourth-string QBs goes down the toilet.

Since86
10-06-2010, 12:49 PM

And you won your last Superbowl how?

Uh....passing the ball down the field in a hurry up scheme.

You scored 27 points and gave up 23, 16 of which came in the 4th quarter alone.

The Ravens held their opponent to 7 points. I think my point stands.

Since86
10-06-2010, 12:54 PM

Well in that case, I think I'll start calling Josh McRoberts MVP or some other label that hints at him being the best player.

Players get their nicknames like the King, or the Franchise, because of expectations not because it sounds cool.

Calling him Sanchise clearly shows what you think of him. It's not a throw away nickname that he's had since he was 5.