PDA

View Full Version : Playing the race card

indyman411
10-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Ok, since the thread was locked before I could respond, I created another, sorry but needed to say something. Below is a quote by Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
Martin Luther King, Jr. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/martinluth115056.html)

So, most of us judged LBJ by the content of his character (i.e. "The Decision") and not his skin color yet we are racist. Let me say I was an Army dependent growing up, the only color I knew was Army green. In my lifetime, I have found only the people who claim racism are either racist or trying to deflect from their own deficiencies. I couldn't care less that LBJ is black, "The Decision" was a self-serving, arrogant ego trip.

I know I didn't like the whole production of "The Decision" and am not a fan of either Cleveland or Miami, but if you are going to do something so gregarious, choose the home team or live with the backlash. And stop using the race card whenever people don't agree or don't like you or your actions. Grow up and be the role model you should be.

Peace to everyone.

focused444
10-05-2010, 01:06 AM
I get where you're going with this , but I must get :inbeforethelock:

Los Angeles
10-05-2010, 01:09 AM
The phrase "playing the race card" is itself insulting. Using the phrase is basically saying that you believe that any mention of race in a discussion is illegitimate and done only for provocation.

indyman411
10-05-2010, 01:18 AM
The phrase "playing the race card" is itself insulting. Using the phrase is basically saying that you believe that any mention of race in a discussion is illegitimate and done only for provocation.

There is legitimate racism still today, but using it so freely loses its meaning. You can only cry wolf so many times. That's what I'm saying.

judicata
10-05-2010, 01:51 AM
In my lifetime, I have found only the people who claim racism are either racist or trying to deflect from their own deficiencies.

I find that hard to believe.

DGPR
10-05-2010, 01:55 AM
:picard::inbeforethelock::inbeforethelock2::birdob rien:

avoidingtheclowns
10-05-2010, 02:01 AM

Way to play the rational card, buddy.