PDA

View Full Version : Monday Practice Highlights (Video Working Now)

Psyren
10-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Pacers.com

Watch the Highlights (http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2010/10/04/highlights101004-1431494/index.html)

Video is now working

pianoman
10-04-2010, 10:31 PM
wish I could. The video will not play :(

Psyren
10-04-2010, 10:35 PM
wish I could. The video will not play :(
It worked just a minute ago. Not working for me either at this moment.

I Love P
10-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Someone needs to fix this

vnzla81
10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
10:46 still not working

Psyren
10-04-2010, 10:48 PM
This video failure is brought to you by Pacers.com

In the meantime, enjoy the black screen.

Anthem
10-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Wow, chill guys. It'll work when it works.

Day-V
10-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Wow, chill guys. It'll work when it works.

But I want it NOW!!!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yk99Q7JFPz8/S8Jjr_Dh9CI/AAAAAAAAAAU/kIh4ROUzyW8/s1600/veruca_salt.jpg

pacer4ever
10-04-2010, 11:37 PM
11:40 still not workin lol i wanna see it i guess off 2 get nba 2k11

avoidingtheclowns
10-05-2010, 01:59 AM
NSFW...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ZeymuOInys?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ZeymuOInys?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

pacerfreak
10-05-2010, 05:51 AM
I have been having trouble getting video from Pacers.com for a while and thought it was my computer. Sometimes I can get them, sometimes, the video screen will come up and no video is displayed. Kinda discouraging. I have not been able to watch practice highlights since Thursday. :cry:

tsm612
10-05-2010, 06:21 AM
NSFW...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ZeymuOInys?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ZeymuOInys?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Love me some Louis CK! (if that wasn't already obvious)

Pacers4Life
10-05-2010, 07:21 AM
^^ Hes coming to Indy veeerry soon. I cant remember the exact date* though...

7:21... video still doesn't work. this is sooo bad. we've been waiting since LAST night, not cool.

BBQ
10-05-2010, 07:37 AM
I sometimes have video problems too, but it is usually the fault of NoScript settings or Adblock Plus. This video won't load with those things disabled though.

Putnam
10-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks, atc. That made my day!

I'm sending that link to at least 4 people I know.

coop-a-loop
10-05-2010, 08:44 AM
It's up and running now: http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2010/10/04/highlights101004-1431494/index.html

Pacers4Life
10-05-2010, 08:54 AM
ITS ALIIVEE!! watching it...now..

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J9Lx7chd5X8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J9Lx7chd5X8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Pacers4Life
10-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm about to watch it again cuz.. thats just what i do. It gives me so much happiness.

But on first watch They definitely focused more on showing us the good rather than the bad & ugly also. I HATE this camera angle! I've been trying really hard to focus on everything and everyone rather than just the ball, trying to see whats up on D and offense. This angle hardly lets me/us see anything REALLY development imo.

DC and AJ looked sharp. That mid range is DEADLY... lookin at EVERYBODY.

Hans is back in action!

daschysta
10-05-2010, 09:13 AM
From what I can tell, Darren and Roy were the two best players on the floor.

Darren put on a shooting clinic from mid range, and was also able to set Roy up for some really nice dunks/ easy baskets.

Brandon made some nice assertive moves that we usually don't see too often from him, and actually finished some of them too ;).

Magnum is hustling nicely out there, and had one really nice putback dunk after a offensive board.

Stephenson clearly has some pretty nice offensive talent, both in the post and in the midrange game, but he can't possibly hope to stay in front of a speedster like darren on defense. Oddly in some possesions where both AJ and Lance were in the game JOB still stuck lance on darren.

Price's jumper looked on, and he hit a buzzer beater 3, he still looks maybe just a step behind though, but he should get his quickness back as preseason moves on.

MagicRat
10-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Not entirely relevant to this thread, but I didn't realize until a few days ago that you can watch some of the Pacers.com videos with Comcast On-Demand. It seems to be a few days behind the website. As of last night the first 3 scrimmage videos were on there.

In addition to the scrimmages, some of other things I saw were Conrad's blog videos, Pacers Crate, various other vids including Roy's MMA vid and Area 55 Tryouts, and a section with approx 2 min. highlight reels for each player from last year.

Unclebuck
10-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Not entirely relevant to this thread, but I didn't realize until a few days ago that you can watch some of the Pacers.com videos with Comcast On-Demand. It seems to be a few days behind the website. As of last night the first 3 scrimmage videos were on there.

In addition to the scrimmages, some of other things I saw were Conrad's blog videos, Pacers Crate, various other vids including Roy's MMA vid and Area 55 Tryouts, and a section with approx 2 min. highlight reels for each player from last year.

Brighthouse has something similar. I think it is channel 600 on Brighthouse

Really?
10-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah there was a lot of good energy in that practice, I hope that it carries over to the regular season.

A couple things to mention... Tyler is back a couple of plays when he was out there he looked like the old Tyler.

Dunlevy isn't going to be giving up his starting SG position easily, he was out there balling.

I really would have liked to see more out of Rush.

DC will be good at pushing the ball in our offense.

Lance's D is as bad as advertised.

We are so lucky that we got Posey in the trade every team needs a player like him. He plays intelligent basketball. I honestly wasn't a Posey fan before I have seen him play in training camp but I see what he brings to the team.

Question most of you might know the answer to this. but I was wondering what was it that bird told Danny that he needed to work on, his D, getting Boards, or being a leader...? I really didn't see any of the three in any of the videos.

Speed
10-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Watching the video...

Wow, the movement is by far the best I've seen in years, great activity. If they can really play with this level of movement it'll wear teams down.

Only thing I'm not sure about is if the defense is just poor and allowing the offenses to move really freely, it's impossible to tell until they go against another team.

If this is any indication of how all 5 guys constantly move and with a purpose, I'm pretty impressed. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I don't think I've seen a Pro team move like this and run the motion so emphatically.

So my two questions early on.

1.) Will the Pacers be able to run the motion like it looks like they are in practice.

2.) Can the motion work effectively at the pro level with elite athletes and 24 second shot clock.

I was weaned on the motion so my inclination is yes to the 2nd question. Other teams run it, but not all-out like this. Can't wait to see.

Second veiwing, I mean really the ball never stops and neither do the players, very impressive. The style looks like a college or maybe moreso an international-like team.

MagicRat
10-05-2010, 09:31 AM

Which promted JOB to say:

"If we were playing a game tonight, he wouldn't get a minute."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101005/SPORTS04/10050362/1004/SPORTS/?odyssey=nav|head (http://www.indystar.com/article/20101005/SPORTS04/10050362/1004/SPORTS/?odyssey=nav%7Chead)

<!-- Byline --> http://cmsimg.indystar.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/persbilde?Avis=BG&ID=mwells&maxH=55&masW=55 Written by

Mike Wells (mike.wells@indystar.com)

Speed
10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
One more thing, DC is almost unstoppable off the PnR. You can tell he studied under CP3, he really controls the ball all the way through the PnR motion, sets it up nice.

Even the picks on and off the ball look much stronger/solid.

Also, does the transition offense look awesome or does the transition defense look horrible? Anyone?

I'll stop getting fired up about a 6 minute video now, but quit a bit to like in these highlights, offensively.

Pacers4Life
10-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah there was a lot of good energy in that practice, I hope that it carries over to the regular season.

A couple things to mention... Tyler is back a couple of plays when he was out there he looked like the old Tyler.

Dunlevy isn't going to be giving up his starting SG position easily, he was out there balling.

I really would have liked to see more out of Rush.

DC will be good at pushing the ball in our offense.

We are so lucky that we got Posey in the trade every team needs a player like him. He plays intelligent basketball. I honestly wasn't a Posey fan before I have seen him play in training camp but I see what he brings to the team.

I pretty much agree with all of these statements. As for the bold...

Dunleavy does looking pretty much like... mike dunleavy. Check the sig, im cool with that... HOWEVA... BRush looked good man. I'd like to see more too but dang, did you watch the vid? And Paul G looks sooo good. I like Mike at the 2 but I just don't think thats locked in at all... except to start the season.

I made a note about James Posey in another thread after watching all the scrimmages up to thursday... He looks really solid. And I think he will get 15-20 mins on the REGUALR at the 2,3,4 spots. Theres gonna be some wear n' tear this year, he's a body I don't mind having on the court.

Really?
10-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I pretty much agree with all of these statements. As for the bold...

Dunleavy does looking pretty much like... mike dunleavy. Check the sig, im cool with that... HOWEVA... BRush looked good man. I'd like to see more too but dang, did you watch the vid? And Paul G looks sooo good. I like Mike at the 2 but I just don't think thats locked in at all... except to start the season.

I made a note about James Posey in another thread after watching all the scrimmages up to thursday... He looks really solid. And I think he will get 15-20 mins on the REGUALR at the 2,3,4 spots. Theres gonna be some wear n' tear this year, he's a body I don't mind having on the court.

I just said that he won't be giving it up easily, meaning that he doesn't look like he is slacking in any part of his game, and if something is not wrong why fix it BRush was looking okay to me but I would have liked to see him more involved. Seems like he is getting over shadowed by everyone else on the court.

Paul George I haven't really mentioned him much...no particular reason. I mean he looks like a rookie that is real good and I'm excited to see what he will bring when the regular season comes out. Seems like the game is slowing down for him and he is understanding everything that is going on out there. His shot is looking good, D is looking good, not much to complain about. I suspect that he will be our go to 6th man this year especially with his ability to play the 2, 3 and 4 at times.

I also think he will learn more about his game, off the bench this year than as a starter, atleast for the first half of the season.

count55
10-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Stephenson clearly has some pretty nice offensive talent, both in the post and in the midrange game, but he can't possibly hope to stay in front of a speedster like darren on defense. Oddly in some possesions where both AJ and Lance were in the game JOB still stuck lance on darren.

Obviously, I haven't had a chance to see the two of them (Lance & AJ) at the same time extensively, but it doesn't surprise me that they did this (assuming it wasn't a simple switch). First, they probably want Lance to get that experience dealing with smaller, quicker guards.

Second, even before this summer's knee injury, AJ had a lot of problems keeping quicker guards in front of him. There were a few games down the stretch where he was really exploited. The most memorable for me was the Cleveland game in the last week or so of the season, where Sebastian Telfair just crucified him.

Price's jumper looked on, and he hit a buzzer beater 3, he still looks maybe just a step behind though, but he should get his quickness back as preseason moves on.

This is good to hear, because Michael Grady was saying that early in the camp, his legs looked dead, and compared him to Dunleavy last year. There was a play on the highlights for either Day 2 or Day 3, towards the end of the clip, where he spotted up for a wide open corner three, and left it about two feet short. Foster rebounded the airball, got the put back and the foul.

The reason I remember this is because one of the players on the sideline was talking, shouting out encouragement, and when Dunleavy fed Price in the corner for the open three, the guy shouted "Good pass, Mike." Then, when Price air mailed it, and Foster got the follow, the same guy -without missing a beat - yelled, "Nice pass, AJ."

PacersAllDay
10-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Does it seem to anyone else that in these scrimmages the offense just has their way? It's fun to watch until you remember that the Pacers are the ones playing defense too.

Pacers#1Fan
10-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Does it seem to anyone else that in these scrimmages the offense just has their way? It's fun to watch until you remember that the Pacers are the ones playing defense too.
The same thought actually crossed my mind. Typically in a highlight vid it's the offensive side of the ball that seems to get most of the love so that's something to keep in mind. I do remember seeing a few blocks from last weeks vids and some steals and deflections. I wouldn't worry too much about it until we see what they do the latter half of this week when they start preseason games.

Very happy to see Tyler in the five on five.

imawhat
10-05-2010, 11:05 AM

It's highlights. It looks like Bruno edited out all of the misses. For all we know, both sides shot 30% and great defense was played.

JOB has mentioned their defense being pretty poor, but I saw some good defense in the earlier highlights (and sloppy offense).

Hopefully this video ends some of the speculation about Tyler. He's now playing 5 on 5.

OakMoses
10-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Hopefully this video ends some of the speculation about Tyler. He's now playing 5 on 5.

Hopefully it ends the "OMG! we're not running PnR with Collison" comments also.

Brad8888
10-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Watching the video...

Wow, the movement is by far the best I've seen in years, great activity. If they can really play with this level of movement it'll wear teams down.

Only thing I'm not sure about is if the defense is just poor and allowing the offenses to move really freely, it's impossible to tell until they go against another team.

If this is any indication of how all 5 guys constantly move and with a purpose, I'm pretty impressed. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I don't think I've seen a Pro team move like this and run the motion so emphatically.

So my two questions early on.

1.) Will the Pacers be able to run the motion like it looks like they are in practice.

2.) Can the motion work effectively at the pro level with elite athletes and 24 second shot clock.

I was weaned on the motion so my inclination is yes to the 2nd question. Other teams run it, but not all-out like this. Can't wait to see.

Second veiwing, I mean really the ball never stops and neither do the players, very impressive. The style looks like a college or maybe moreso an international-like team.

As a result of your post, I am now seriously considering taking the Pacers up on their offer of lower level tickets for Friday's preseason game because I didn't respond quickly enough to get in on the VIP session. I really want to see what is happening in person because I want to see this motion offense in action for myself because I really love watching a team that runs a motion offense, along with being able to focus more clearly on Roy and what he is now capable of.

Hicks
10-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I liked when DC was on a fastbreak, the D was there to contest the layup, so what does he do? He dribbles behind his back to steady himself and to hesitate, which freezes the D, and then he smoothly whips the ball to a trailer who finishes. Love that.

MyFavMartin
10-05-2010, 11:59 AM
With Tyler in last Tuesday's highlights, it makes me wonder if there was a false scare and something that happened that provoked caution.

Hicks
10-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Tyler was in 4-on-4 highlights last week, not 5 on 5. He was said to be part of 4 on 4 all of last week. I don't see any indication of a 'scare.'

count55
10-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Tyler was in 4-on-4 highlights last week, not 5 on 5. He was said to be part of 4 on 4 all of last week. I don't see any indication of a 'scare.'

They did suspect that he might have friends with communist tendencies.

OakMoses
10-05-2010, 12:23 PM
They did suspect that he might have friends with communist tendencies.

Don't we all?

Pacers4Life
10-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I liked when DC was on a fastbreak, the D was there to contest the layup, so what does he do? He dribbles behind his back to steady himself and to hesitate, which freezes the D, and then he smoothly whips the ball to a trailer who finishes. Love that.

The trailer was the swiftly moving Roy Hibbert... also a plus :dance:

DrFife
10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Don't we all?

Hmmm, being "Pacers" fans could be interpreted as "We set the pace."

Methinks that would make us oligarchists. (Anthem? Agree?)

Infinite MAN_force
10-05-2010, 12:53 PM

I remember thinking it would have never happened had it been TJ, who would have just over penetrated and taken a bad shot.

dohman
10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Just remember hours of pratice and scrimmage time stuffed into 6 min.

We have no idea how bad the team is playing.. only how good :)

odeez
10-05-2010, 02:08 PM
DC & Roy look great! PnR indeed! The whole team looks more in sync and I can't wait till the season starts!

pacers74
10-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I like how much they have gelled over just one week. It makes me excited to see how much better they in the next 3 weeks.
I am not to worried about the defense yet. We will know more when they play another team. I wish tomorrow's game was on tv.

TooBigNdaPaint
10-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Wow, it's awesome to see elite athletes finally playing together on the court and in a Pacers uniform. The new guys like Paul George, Magnum Rolle, and DC all look SO smooth on the court. There are NOT any slow, uncoordinated, herky-jerky movements that you normally see from Pyscho-T or Foster or McBob or even Dun-Dun. Magnum and George are both explosive and smooth at the same time. They don't seem to waste any motion. They're appear to be very decisive. They contest every shot, play above the rim, and glide around the court.

And Hibbert appears to be somebody else becuz I don't recognize the guy. He's no longer herky-jerky or goofy on the court. He looks smooth and refined now and his array of shots are all money. Thank you Bill Walton and Mrs. Hibbert (for instilling in him to work hard). Even Brandon looked more confident and Lance will create some matchup problems if he gets any PG playing time. This guy loves posting up near the rim and he's money when he gets the ball down low. Dahntay looked a little lost out there with these elite athletes. His one-dimensional game (no offense) will stick out as will Foster's (no offense) game. If you can't play both defense and score the rock, there ain't NO spot for you on the Pacer roster.

Some of our Eastern Conference opponents are gonna be shocked when we take the floor with these new diamonds-in-the-rough. We have the athletes now to matchup with nearly any style of play and opponent (although it remains to be seen HOW we execute). Of course, none of this means anything if JOB starts the same slow-twitched guys because they're so-called NBA veterans. I hope LB mandates that our young guy's development STARTS NOW!!!!

Sookie
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I have to say I loved the way Brandon looked. He went to the basket (and made it) Took a midrange shot (and made it) All positive. He looked aggressive.

Speaking of, Jeez, Darren I watched you plenty and I don't think I've seen you take that many midrange shots in total. Woot for free offense. (And it's nice that he made them too..I like guards with a mid/range game)

Nice to see AJ looking more comfortable. And him and Dun still play well together, that's good. :P The shooting is nice, but I was glad to see him driving to the basket (even though sometimes it wasn't that effective. And sometimes it was against Lance :laugh:) It took him a while to even attempt it with the ACL.

I like that Roy looked good too. I hope Hans can play soon.

KennerLeaguer
10-05-2010, 03:57 PM
And Hibbert appears to be somebody else becuz I don't recognize the guy. He's no longer herky-jerky or goofy on the court. He looks smooth and refined now and his array of shots are all money. Thank you Bill Walton and Mrs. Hibbert (for instilling in him to work hard).

For what its worth Roy does have a dad. When Roy was in high school his father arranged it with his boss to arrive at work hours earlier in order for hi to get off work earlier. He would then pick up Roy from school, take him to Georgetown University and slept in the car in the parking lot as Roy improved his game by playing pickup with the college players. So Im going to give Roys dad some props as well for installing dedication and hard work into Roys DNA. Just saying.

Also while I'm thrilled that Roy worked with Walton and will continue to work with him, Roy deserves 90% of the credit for any of the improvements he makes. Roy's has been working hard on his game long before Walton came on the scene to assist. And even Walton said Roy's offense and passing didn't need much work because he was already good in those areas. I'm getting ahead of myself by saying this but if Roy has a much more impressive season in '10-'11, I've already accepted the fact that the lazy media will give credit exclusively to Walton.

docpaul
10-05-2010, 04:04 PM
For what its worth Roy does have a dad. When Roy was in high school his father arranged it with his boss to arrive at work hours earlier in order for hi to get off work earlier. He would then pick up Roy from school, take him to Georgetown University and slept in the car in the parking lot as Roy improved his game by playing pickup with the college players. So Im going to give Roys dad some props as well for installing dedication and hard work into Roys DNA. Just saying.

Also while I'm thrilled that Roy worked with Walton and will continue to work with him, Roy deserves 90% of the credit for any of the improvements he makes. Roy's has been working hard on his game long before Walton came on the scene to assist. And even Walton said Roy's offense and passing didn't need much work because he was already good in those areas. I'm getting ahead of myself by saying this but if Roy has a much more impressive season in '10-'11, I've already accepted the fact that the lazy media will give credit exclusively to Walton.

Hibbert is fortunate to have a dedicated fan like you. I can't imagine how sweet it will be for you once you see him take off in the trajectory it seems he's headed in.

Of course, far too often these sorts of details never see the light of day, and that's a shame. :)

CableKC
10-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Maybe DC can give another super quick PG on the Team some pointers on what not to do when dribbling head long into a forrest of Big Men :shrug:

xBulletproof
10-05-2010, 05:06 PM
I think all this nagging about Stephenson on defense could chill a bit when they realize he isn't a PG, and shouldn't be guarding them. He simply isn't quick enough. Let him guard Rush, George, Dunleavy and see what happens.

It shouldn't take John Wooden to notice this.

Sookie
10-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I think all this nagging about Stephenson on defense could chill a bit when they realize he isn't a PG, and shouldn't be guarding them. He simply isn't quick enough. Let him guard Rush, George, Dunleavy and see what happens.

It shouldn't take John Wooden to notice this.

Thank you Thank you.

I think it's kinda funny to watch the video, when you notice that at some points Lance is the PG and AJ is the SG...seriously..why would you do that? (Dun apparently thought the same way and passed it to AJ to bring up the court. :P) Even if you wanted to play them both at both positions, when they were on court together, it's pretty obvious which one should play which position. At least defensively.

On the other side, I'm sure in this case, it was about getting Lance practice at the PG spot, and maybe trying to give AJ more of a break on his knee..(I'm sure it's fun to guard Collison as it is being that he's so fast..never mind when you are a step slow because of injury.) But still..kinda funny.