PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies have great ticket buying interface!

Strummer
10-04-2010, 09:39 PM
So I decided to see what tickets are available for the game in Memphis on Wednesday. I went there for a preseason game 2 years ago and had a good time...

Anyhow, they have a beta interface that is fantastic! You can see all the seats in the arena. The ones in dark blue are available. Just hover over the one you're interested in and the price pops up...

I'm impressed... (no, I'm not going, I was just curious what seats were open)...

You can try it out here:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B00452ABD475038?camefrom=CFC_GRIZZLIES_CAL&brand=grizzlies

Just select "Use the map", click a section, and then scroll around. You can scroll around the entire arena, so it doesn't matter what section you choose...

I hope they add this capability for Pacers tickets...

Psyren
10-04-2010, 10:05 PM
It's a new TicketMaster feature. Only select venues have that feature, but it is my hope that every venue will at some point have that.

I hate buying Pacers tickets online and only getting "best available" and not being able to pick my own tickets.

Day-V
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM
If memory serves me right, the Pacers have that feature as well.

Either way, I'm not a fan of TicketMaster. I'm more of a TicketExchange/StubHub guy. Better seats at often lower or competitive prices.