PDA

View Full Version : Olympic basketball team plays Greece Tuesday at 2:00

Unclebuck
08-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Indy time on USA network.

Should be facinating to see how the team responds and it will be fun to see a hostle Greece crowd.

Vicious Tyrant
08-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Is that guy Sofoklis Shortsianitis on the Greek team? Remember him from a couple years ago being touted as the Greek "Baby Shaq"? Whatever happened to him? Is he playing in the Olympics?

skyfire
08-17-2004, 04:51 AM
Greece v Australia was an interesting match. Greece got off to a 14-0 on the back of some hot shooting, Australia clawed their way back into the game but lost all cohesiveness in the 4th to lose by about 15.

Greece play with alot of height and shooting ability. I think everyone in their starting lineup is 6'5" or above. They were looking to post up our 6' PG Shane Heal very often. Their big man Papadopolis (sp?) was dominant around the basket whenever the double was slow in coming.

Should be an interesting test for Team USA to see how they can rebound from the loss to Puerto Rico.

Lord Helmet
08-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Hopefully we won't get stomped.I think we will play better and I say we win this game.

Roy Munson
08-17-2004, 03:22 PM
I hope USA loses. It believe it will take a complete disaster to make the selection process/committee to pull their heads out of their asses and start assembling a TEAM intead of a bunch of dunkers who can't shoot.