PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss appeals to fantasy fandom

Basketball Fan
10-04-2010, 01:31 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1286336&chkEm=1

Randy Moss appeal to fantasy fandom
Karen Guregian By Karen Guregian
Monday, October 4, 2010 - Updated 4 hours ago
+ Recent Articles
Boston Herald General Sports Reporter and Columnist
EmailE-mail PrintablePrint Comments(1) Comments LargerSmallerText size Bookmark and Share Share Buzz up!

MIAMI - Randy Moss has spoken a few times to the Herald recently about wanting to take greater advantage of marketing opportunities, while also reaching out and connecting with the fans.

With that in mind, the Patriots [team stats] wide receiver is expected to announce today he will launch the “first-ever” interactive video fantasy football site: VuFantasyFootball.com.

Moss has forged a new partnership with VuFantasyFootball.com and World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF). The joint venture will provide two-way video news, expert advice and updates for fantasy football players. The site officially makes its debut tomorrow.

Moss and his personal trainer Tim Martin, who has been getting the Pats wideout in shape the past eight years, will provide weekly insights, including a segment called “Ask Randy Moss,” which allows subscribers the chance to videochat with Moss and other NFL pros.

There will also be expert opinions and predictions from fantasy sports experts from the WCOFF - Dustin Ashby, Jess Herron, Jeff Vernetti and Shawn Childs.

When asked about the venture Friday, Moss said he was excited about it, and looking forward to getting it rolling and out into the mainstream. In a press release distributed today, Moss further explained his interest in the project.

“VuFantasyFootball.com gives me a chance to connect with my fans on my terms,” Moss said. “Any time you can bridge gaps between NFL players, fans and fantasy football enthusiasts, you’re on to something.”

Moss, who became only the second player in league history with more than 150 touchdown catches, should have an idea about the fantasy football realm, given he was picked in the first round by 97 percent of WCOFF’s fantasy players in their September drafts.

“I’m a competitive person, and this is a great way for me to help fantasy players compete at higher levels, too,” Moss said in the release. “It’s a good fit.”

According to Martin, Bengals rookie wide receiver Jordan Shipley is one of the players that already has been interviewed for a three-part segment on the site. Other interviews include Miami quarterback Chad Pennington [stats], Notre Dame all-time leading rusher Autry Denson, and former NFL safety Corey Chavous, who currently analyzes college football talent.

But the fun part for many subscribers will be having the opportunity to videochat with Moss, and put him on the spot with a few questions.

Ashby, the commissioner of WCOFF, said: “The fantasy industry has never seen as comprehensive an offering as what is available at VuFantasyFootball.com.”