PDA

View Full Version : What will you do first when the Pacers return?

Hicks
08-16-2004, 06:22 PM
The TV's on, the first Pacer game is about to start. What are you going to be looking for first?

For me, especially for the preseason, I'm going to be focused on Stephen Jackson and Jonathan Bender. I want to see what Stephen brings to the table, and how he fits with these players.

With Bender it will be more interesting once the real season's started rather than the preseason, but I will be looking to see how he handles the 6th man role.

Pig Nash
08-16-2004, 06:30 PM
That's obvious! Jump for joy! :p

Destined4Greatness
08-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Harrison and Jackson. Oh yeah and Reggie.

TheSauceMaster
08-16-2004, 06:41 PM
I will be thinking my it's gonna be along time before the playoffs begin :p

Kegboy
08-16-2004, 08:18 PM
For the most part of the preseason, all I'll do is watch a) Sax, and b) Marvin, whenever they're on the floor. Gill, too, but I've already got a positive memory of seeing him play, so he's not the priority.

Since coaches never tip their hand before games count, I'll have to wait to watch for team-wide issues like offensive flow, spacing, and D. I'm interested (though a bit leary) of what O'Neill will bring to the table.

Speaking of which, I'll probably keep an eye on Kevin through the preseason as well. Watch for his body language during rough spots, as well as his interaction with players. Hopefully the Pacers will have another preseason scrimmage. Love to see Mike and Kevin go head-to-head.

Lastly, I'll be watching to see what the veterans added to their games, but I won't put much emphasis on it. I've been roped in by Jeff Foster's preseason 20-footer once too many to get too excited.

SoupIsGood
08-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Anxiously wait for the return of 24, is what I'll be doing.

It's the best show on television, in my opinion.

Snickers
08-16-2004, 08:29 PM
I'll spend a little time early on watching Jermaine and Jamaal to see if there's still any gimpiness, or if they're moving well.

The rest of the time, I'll probably be watching the new guys.

Lord Helmet
08-16-2004, 08:40 PM
Watch the new guys.And jump and scream out of the joy basketball brings.

Anthem
08-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Cheer for Ron Artest. :devil:

ROCislandWarrior
08-16-2004, 09:29 PM
Here is what I will be watching for from each player

Foster - Has he added anything to his offense?

O'neal - Does he post up, or just camp around 15ft all day? I heard he was adding range to his jumper, I wonder how much and how good it will be.

Artest - Has he learned to play within the offense more? I heard he was working on his handle and passing...how is that?

Reggie - Are you a starter or do you come off the bench?

Tinsley - How is the shot improving? What about your D?

Harrison - Can you contribute on a team that has "Championship or Bust" written on the team Bus?

Pollard - What kind of hair do you have now?

Croshere - How will the loss of Harrington affect your play...assuming you play more?

Bender - We need your final answer: Can you hack it?

Jackson - I know very little about your game... I will be watching you with a clean slate.

F Jones - What kind of role will you play? That is the biggest question with Fred.

J Jones - How's the IR? sorry James, just to much talent ahead of you.

Johnson - Solid Veteran...or will Fred take some of your mins?

Gill - Same with Jackson...he has a clean slate

Dampier - Are you a Pacer?;)

Notice how I somehow went from "he" to "you" over the course of my analysis:confused:

Chambizzle
08-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Begin the countdown on bender's first injury of the season.

Finally putting his hype to rest.

Then watching the pacers pwnzor :)

obnoxiousmodesty
08-16-2004, 10:58 PM
I'll immediately wish IU's season was about to begin as well. I miss the college ball more.

Unclebuck
08-17-2004, 12:09 AM

Strange response. But it is a great show, but it does not start up again until January.

Kegboy
08-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Notice how I somehow went from "he" to "you" over the course of my analysis:confused:

Yep. Tells me you feel so close to Reggie Miller that you can't help but speak to him in the second person. Then, I guess you didn't want anyone else to feel left out, so you continued with it.

Kegboy
08-17-2004, 12:14 AM

Strange response. But it is a great show, but it does not start up again until January.

I've got a similarly OT response, but I don't want Hicks moving this thread to the Politics board. (Hint: what's the day before the Pacers first game?)

diamonddave00
08-17-2004, 12:49 AM
I'LL be curious to see if Bender is any bigger. Report is he's working with a trainer hopefully he'll be in the 230-235 range by start of season.

He must bulk up if he's our main backup forward.

Harddrive7
08-17-2004, 08:21 AM
I'LL be curious to see if Bender is any bigger. Report is he's working with a trainer hopefully he'll be in the 230-235 range by start of season.

He must bulk up if he's our main backup forward.

Thanks DD, that's the info I was wanting to hear.

The only thing is, it's one thing being big, it's another knowing how to use it. Not being afraid to bang. I mean if you're not use to banging then it might take awhile to get into the groove of using your body.

Ragnar
08-17-2004, 09:57 AM

I too will be awaiting that show but not on opening night. On opening night I will be wanting to see who is starting and playing the main minutes at the 2 guard.