granger4mvp
10-02-2010, 12:01 AM
no estimated time to resolve according to dishnetwork

granger4mvp
10-02-2010, 09:20 AM
does anyone know when first televised preseason is

Brad8888
10-02-2010, 12:53 PM
I saw a tweet from Michael Grady about this.

Do a search for Fox and DISH and you will come up with many articles regarding a contract dispute between them where Fox is demanding a large increase from DISH for transmission rights for its programming.

Fox is currently blocking DISH and its customers from 19 different regional sports network channels while the negotiations continue, and FSI is one of those being blocked.

So, yes, right now there will be no Pacer games available for us country bumpkins who are DISH Network subscribers (as opposed to DirecTV) until either the dispute is resolved or Fox relents and allows DISH to carry these channels again.

Once again the Pacers should be carried on a local over the air channel such as channel 4 like they were back in the day so its rural fanbase can watch the games without having to be satellite subscribers to do so.

Obviously, those with cable won't be impacted in this case.

Bad news for us Pacer fans as DISH subscribers for the moment, though...:(

El Pacero
10-02-2010, 01:49 PM
People are complaining on Twitter about lack of sports games today on DISH. It is for real. I don't understand how DISH could do this to Pacers fans.

Brad8888
10-02-2010, 03:11 PM
People are complaining on Twitter about lack of sports games today on DISH. It is for real. I don't understand how DISH could do this to Pacers fans.

From what I have read, Fox is to blame for this blackout, not DISH...

DISH wants to carry the these channels while the negotiations continue. Fox is blocking DISH from receiving its channels from what I understand.

granger4mvp
10-02-2010, 10:31 PM
hopefully this gets taking care of soon this is not the 1st time dishnetwork has done this

DavisBoyz3233
10-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Ya I just got about 15 more FSN channels because of the Red Zone package and all of them say please press info for more on this channel, then it gives a brief description on why it's like this, its garbage i think, and really cannot wait for my contract to be up with these guys.

Day-V
10-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Thank God for U-Verse.

I Love P
10-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Thought about switching to U Verse but U Verse doesn't carry NBATV/NBA league pass so I won't switch over from Brighthouse.

Is it October 27th yet?