PDA

View Full Version : The story of Pacers Digest's NBA 2K11 squad ....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kstat
10-01-2010, 08:27 PM
I figured heading into the weekend would be a good time to get the ball rolling.

Heading into this, our goal is going to be first and foremost to have fun with this venture. I want this team to be as good as they can be, no more, no less, but not at the expense of making others feel alienated.

That said, a few ground rules for those of you who want to be a part of this:

-We will play defense. It isn't easy, but this won't be an NBA Jam team that just tries to out-dunk the other. I have an idea what type of defense I'd like us to run, but that will all depend on what we're capable of.

-There will be a team concept. We play as a team, and we win as a team. One of the ultimate downfalls of our past incarnation was that we let some people play who demanded "their" spotlight. I just want to be a part of a winning team, and I would appreciate players who share that belief. There will be a zero tolerance policy on selfishness. Become a cancer and we will remove you.

-We'll decide what style to run and what team to used based on the makeup of the roster and everyone's comfort level. We'll try our hardest to make sure everyone is put in the best possible position to contribute and have fun. Regardless of your skill level, you'll have a spot on this team as long as you're willing to work with us.

-Availability on the weekends is preferable, but it's not as if the world is going to end otherwise. If you're only available one day a week, so be it. The more the merrier. Just try to be active at least once a week.

-No cheesing. By "cheesing," I mean exploiting things that take place outside the realm of realistic basketball. I'm not sure what if any exploits exist in 2K11, but we're not going to be "that" team. Also, no user-created myplayers.

-Our team name last time was "No I in team," but I'm going to put it to a group vote this time. In fact, I'm not even going to sign us up at gamebattles for quite a while, because I want time for everyone to get used to playing together in games that don't matter.

Anyway, if you read through all that and feel like being part of this, I'm not turning anyone away. We won last time, and we'll win this year too. I've come to realize that talent in this mode can easily be countered with good teamwork.

The roster so far:

-kstat
-hicks
-ThaHoya
-greenway84
-Deadshot
-tora tora
-cgg
-MrSparko
-Ryan
-Jon Theodore
-Robertmto

Schedule so far:

10/11: PD (Celtics) vs #17 2k11 (Heat) L
10/17: PD (Bucks) vs #7 You know what time it is (Celtics) L
10/17: PD (Timberwolves) vs #139 Sim Nation (Nuggets) W
10/17: PD (Spurs) vs Badadingding Badadingding (Magic) W
10/17: PD (Suns) vs #66 U TRIED THO (Rockets) W
10/17: PD (Bobcats) vs #10 Vitamin Water (Blazers) L
10/17: PD (Sixers) vs #5 Brotherhood (Jazz) L
10/18: PD (Bulls) vs #10 Vitamin Water (Clippers) L
10/18: PD (Grizzlies) vs #19 Lockdown D (Knicks) L
10/18: PD (Pistons) vs #37 PRIME TIME BALLIN (Magic) L
10/18: PD (Grizzlies) vs #11 Money Maker$ (Wizards) W
10/18: PD (Lakers) vs #66 Patrick Ewing Jr. (Bulls) W
10/18: PD (Heat) vs #80 xATx (Celtics) W
10/18: PD (Warriors) vs #50 2K GOONS (Bucks) W
10/19: PD (Heat) vs #67 FOR THREEEE (Hawks) W
10/20: PD (Magic) vs #6 Animosity (Rockets) L

Trader Joe
10-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I will play.

Hicks
10-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm back.

My availability will be different this time around, though. Not nearly as much as last time, but hopefully still at least 2-3 nights a week (I don't have a set schedule when I work in the evenings, and I also still want to try to get to Pacers home games when I can).

pacer4ever
10-01-2010, 08:48 PM
i'll play 2 GT= naptownsher0

ThA HoyA
10-01-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm in

mildlysane
10-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Dang it that sounds awesome...PS3 FTL, in this case...:(

trey
10-01-2010, 10:07 PM
I am a big time gamer. I'll definitely be on 2k11, my gamertag is Treym3 if you guys wanna run with me.

Deadshot
10-02-2010, 12:48 AM
I can't guarantee I'll be on all the time but I would like to be a part (already preordered the game and played a lot of 2K10). My gamertag is YerkesCircus20.

tora tora
10-02-2010, 12:53 AM
I would be more than happy to participate. :)

spazzxb
10-02-2010, 01:24 AM
i want in I always have the current 2k on xbox. hell there is a reason my handle is the similiar to my gamertag: spazz

Kemo
10-02-2010, 03:00 AM
I would love to be a part of the team.. I am very well versed in 2k10 , so I think I can contribute to what you are trying to accomplish with this team..
But I will have to see how these servers are once I purchase my copy for PC .. I have a very good rig, and connection as to not slow anyone else down.. Once p.c. version hits at our local gamestop I'll pop in this thread and let ya know, and I guess we can go from there..

I am highly interested , and can play about any day of the week unless something comes up, but I am usually readily available..

Kstat
10-02-2010, 03:10 AM
You said PC, are you getting a 360 copy too?

cgg
10-02-2010, 03:27 AM
im in

Kemo
10-02-2010, 05:09 AM
You said PC, are you getting a 360 copy too?

I don't have a 360 .. Just p.c. a very good one I built myself .

I thought, (but im probably wrong and am thinking of something else..) , that 2k10 allows cross-platform play between pc and 360 users ..

I do hope 2k11 servers allow the cross-platform online play ..

Does anyone know?

I DO know that all "windows live" game titles allow cross-platform online play if they have multiplayer mode in particular game...

It sure would be nice if windows live would pick up the 2k franchise though ...

Kstat
10-02-2010, 06:05 AM
No, it doesn't allow cross-platform gaming. That's why I specified Xbox 360 in the title.

If anyone wants to do their own team on a different console though, be it PC pr PS3, feel free.

Kstat
10-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Well, we have enough so far for an inter-squad scrimmage, which would be ideal.

ThA HoyA
10-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Any teams you already have in mind?

Trader Joe
10-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Inter squad scrimmage would be a good idea.

pacer4ever
10-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Well, we have enough so far for an inter-squad scrimmage, which would be ideal.

i love that feature but can u play them online i thought it was only in assot. mode play

Hicks
10-02-2010, 02:38 PM
It'd be Team A as NBA Team X versus Team B as NBA Team Y. We can't (as far as I know) play against each other using only one NBA team.

pacer4ever
10-02-2010, 02:43 PM
It'd be Team A as NBA Team X versus Team B as NBA Team Y. We can't (as far as I know) play against each other using only one NBA team.

it is a new feature this year. I just dont know if u can do it online with 10 friends

ThA HoyA
10-02-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm thinking that a lot of people will be using Miami... Couple teams that I like are Portland and Atlanta... Pretty talented starting 5 on each team...

Ryan
10-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm in

big fan of your game. hope we can play quite a bit together on this.

Kstat
10-02-2010, 08:06 PM
We had our most success with Cleveland last time, and nobody hates Cleveland more than I.

I'm not ruling anything out.

ThA HoyA
10-02-2010, 08:08 PM
We had our most success with Cleveland last time, and nobody hates Cleveland more than I.

I'm not ruling anything out.

Maybe we can get started on some voting for the teams to start out and scrimmage with... First of all since I'm bored but that way come Tuesday we can hopefully start some scrimmaging

Kstat
10-02-2010, 08:10 PM
I'd like us to figure out what our team name is first....

It's really impossible to decide what teams we have a feel for until we sit down and actually play the game.

ThA HoyA
10-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I'd like us to figure out what our team name is first....

It's really impossible to decide what teams we have a feel for until we sit down and actually play the game.

Sorry that's what I meant... Like get top 5 teams everyone wants to play with (based on the roster) and then scrimmage against each other and see which team we have the best run with.

Kstat
10-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Cleveland wouldnt have been in my top 5 if you asked me before 2K9 came out.

pacer4ever
10-02-2010, 08:20 PM
I like :
Utah
Oklahoma
Boston

I'm open to whatever though just no miami.

i like them2 but i like GS a lot to idk why lol

Ryan
10-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Boston or LA are the only teams who can beat the Heat in this game.

Kstat
10-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Boston's low-rated frontcourt concerns me. Even KG is mediocre.

Ryan
10-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Boston's low-rated frontcourt concerns me. Even KG is mediocre.

They're the best defensive team in the game when you actually play with them. Plus, you don't need Howard or some other god like big man to match with the Heat. You need players like Ray, Pierce, and Rondo.

Kstat
10-02-2010, 10:23 PM
No, but it helps to take advantage of their weaknesses. I can see a lot of teams going at Miami with Orlando and just pummeling them to death with Dwight Howard.

Not to mention, we'd need a really skilled Rajon Rondo.

ksuttonjr76
10-02-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm confused...you all don't use the Pacers online? Plus, are you all talking about crew games (since myplayer players were mentioned).

Ryan
10-02-2010, 10:45 PM
If you use the Pacers online you will lose 95% of the games. They are an awful team both in the game and in real life.

Ryan
10-02-2010, 10:46 PM
No, but it helps to take advantage of their weaknesses. I can see a lot of teams going at Miami with Orlando and just pummeling them to death with Dwight Howard.

Rajon Rondo is the best PG in NBA history.

Kstat
10-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm confused...you all don't use the Pacers online?

....for the same reason I'm not using the Pistons. I don't want to lose.

If the Pacers wind up being competitive in online team play, so be it, But the chances of that happening are slim.

Plus, are you all talking about crew games (since myplayer players were mentioned).

no...gamebattles matches. I just made it clear about there being no myplayer in case people were wondering.

ksuttonjr76
10-02-2010, 11:18 PM
If you use the Pacers online you will lose 95% of the games. They are an awful team both in the game and in real life.

:eek:

I haven't lost more than 40% of my games for the past 4-5 years using them. I don't have a problem using them. Of course, I could be more the exception than the rule.

I already made it mission to dominate every Miami Heat user after that Conseco Massacre video was posted by Operation Sports.

Kstat
10-02-2010, 11:42 PM
We're aiming to be a bit better than a .600 team, and the operative word is team. This isn't a single-player venture.

xBulletproof
10-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Rajon Rondo is the best PG in NBA history.

:laugh:

Trader Joe
10-03-2010, 01:48 AM

:wave:

Ryan
10-03-2010, 02:31 AM
false. you can with any team. period.

no you can't.

Ryan
10-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Team up is alot harder to win then 1/1. Try having to guard Lebron, Wade, and Bosh with the sack of **** that is the Indiana Pacers.

Chill.

Kstat
10-03-2010, 02:41 AM
:picard:

Ryan
10-03-2010, 02:41 AM
THAT BEING SAID. We will still win a lot of basketball games. If YA'LL don't want to play with me because of my last comment, I understand. Let Coach K know and i'll bounce.

Ryan
10-03-2010, 02:42 AM
(but if you wanna win, you want me on the team)

Kstat
10-03-2010, 02:43 AM
http://rob.nu/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/facepalm2.jpg

ksuttonjr76
10-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Team up is alot harder to win then 1/1. Try having to guard Lebron, Wade, and Bosh with the sack of **** that is the Indiana Pacers.

Chill.

Just because the team is "bad" in real life, doesn't automatically make them bad in the videogame. Real talk. I've been beating top "elite" teams with the Pacers FOR YEARS. Most of the people who use top "elite" teams are some of the dumbest gamers on XBL.

ksuttonjr76
10-03-2010, 07:20 AM

Doubt it...you don't sound like a winner to me. Too boastful and disrespectful.

Kstat
10-03-2010, 07:32 AM
the game isn't even out yet and I already have a headache....

xBulletproof
10-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Holy crap. Just when I thought the Rondo comment was some sort of stupidity pinnacle, he rises to new heights.

Pacers Digest, where amazing happens.

Ryan
10-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Doubt it...you don't sound like a winner to me. Too boastful and disrespectful.

I am the best in the world at what I do.

Ryan
10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
i never play 1 on 1 so i cant comment. i do play team, thats all i play. no association, blacktop, leagues, myplayer, nothing. i play 2k for online team up only. ive never had any issues using any "bad" team to beat or even blow out an "elite" teams. if you are, then practice. as someone said team play will be an "allstar, me, me, me" mentality everytime.

Well, if you want to grab 4 people that you play with and go against my other squad not on PD hit me up with a PM and i'll spot you 15 and still win.

Trader Joe
10-03-2010, 12:09 PM

....This has to be an act right?

Ryan
10-03-2010, 01:45 PM
....This has to be an act right?

I'm a team player. I played with Hicks and half the people who posted in this thread. I wasn't a negative influence in years past. They can tell you that first hand. Think of me as the Rasheed Wallace of team up.

I truly believe I'm the best in the world at what I do.

Just because I don't think the Pacers are any good (ever) shouldn't mean that I don't have a spot on this team. You should be happy that a player as skilled as I am is on Team PD. Seriously.

pacer4ever
10-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm a team player. I played with Hicks and half the people who posted in this thread. I wasn't a negative influence in years past. They can tell you that first hand.

Just because I don't think the Pacers are any good (ever) shouldn't mean that I don't have a spot on this team. You should be happy that a player as skilled as I am is on Team PD. Seriously.

lol it is a video game lol

Ryan
10-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I would like to thank myself for the last post.

pacer4ever
10-03-2010, 01:48 PM
I would like to thank myself for the last post.

idk who has a bigger ego u or LBJ6

Trader Joe
10-03-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm a team player. I played with Hicks and half the people who posted in this thread. I wasn't a negative influence in years past. They can tell you that first hand. Think of me as the Rasheed Wallace of team up.

If it's not an act, I can say that I won't be playing on the team for very long if you are on it.

Kstat
10-03-2010, 02:12 PM
1. Yes it's an act.

2. He decided he'd rather have fun messing with everyone here than be on the team, so it is what it is. He's gone.

I refuse to do this to myself again.

Ryan
10-03-2010, 02:16 PM
peace out homies

Ryan
10-03-2010, 02:19 PM
most of you guys take yourselves too seriously lol. when we actually played i was the one staying positive while kstat was too busy yelling at everyone like we're five years old.

but it is what it is. enjoy ya'll

Robertmto
10-03-2010, 03:23 PM
this is an AWESOME thread.....and the game sucks. Miami is amazing, Wade doesn't miss. Front court scoring is HARD to come by with how easy it is to black shots this year.

pacer4ever
10-03-2010, 05:24 PM
this is an AWESOME thread.....and the game sucks. Miami is amazing, Wade doesn't miss. Front court scoring is HARD to come by with how easy it is to black shots this year.

the game doesnt suck have u played it? it is one of the best sports games of all time period.

Natston
10-03-2010, 05:36 PM

THATS RACIST!

Hicks
10-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I would be fine with playing team up with Ryan again, fwiw.

... at least I think I do. ;)

Kstat
10-03-2010, 10:14 PM
If the holdovers from 2009 want him back, and he agrees to stop beinng an *** here, he can play.

ThA HoyA
10-04-2010, 12:35 AM
I never had any problems playing with him... Looks like he was just trying to wind some people up...

GO!!!!!
10-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Agreed with ThA, it was amusing, I like a bit of swagger.... by all accounts from what he's said he does play and can play and likes to talk abit.... he's not 17, I gather he's well aware of what he's saying and the reactions he's getting...and not just going LeBron in your face !!!! like a XBL Jr kid whos dunking and jamming away...

I like the team idea and keen to see the progress and evolution of the team...

as far as which team, if you want a challange you can't go past the pacers.... if you want to win ever game, then just be a top 3 team and use the exploits as some will do...

I'd like to see the " no I in team " actually do that and choose a mid strength team, one that has equality from 1-12 not from 1-5, gotta look after the bench players and the most rounded team is the fairest way...

cgg
10-04-2010, 01:07 AM
The heat are the most rounded team. Why would you automatically exclude the team with 3 of the best players? Especially in a game where there is no fatigue so the bench isn't used.

ThA HoyA
10-04-2010, 02:22 AM
I want to play on a team where anyone of the starting 5 can be the leader of the game.. I don't want to play with Miami just because everyone else will be and I want a challenge.

cgg
10-04-2010, 08:22 AM
So we're going to be such a good team that it won't even be challenging unless we automatically exclude the heat, and never even try them?

ThA HoyA
10-04-2010, 10:12 AM
What I'm saying is that other teams will be picking the heat more often than not now ( just my guess) and it would be fun to be able to beat the teams that use the heat.

Trader Joe
10-04-2010, 10:14 AM
I'll play with whoever, and I really don't care if Ryan plays, I just want to have a good time doing this. I'm really not looking to add to my stress level or have people act like jerks on the team. We should have fun, and yes try to win, but as long as Ryan was just joking I don't care if he plays. I just really, really don't want this to turn into some kind of pissing match.

ThA HoyA
10-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I'll play with whoever, and I really don't care if Ryan plays, I just want to have a good time doing this. I'm really not looking to add to my stress level or have people act like jerks on the team. We should have fun, and yes try to win, but as long as Ryan was just joking I don't care if he plays. I just really, really don't want this to turn into some kind of pissing match.

He was good when we playing last time so I don't think you have to worry about him. An I agree I will also play with whichever team is decided.

ajbry
10-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Y'all look poised to have a good time, lol.

Hopefully the My Player online games are improved this year - last year the response time was horrible.

Trader Joe
10-04-2010, 10:21 AM
I think the my player "stat caps" or whatever will help the online games from a competition stand point, no more 7'2" centers with 99 handling ability.

Time will tell if the servers are actually improved.

ThA HoyA
10-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Here's a link to a good deal for the game... Hopefully u guys have one around u guys.

http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2421364&pagenumber=8&listingid=-2085911034&ref=%2fkmart%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepagef lash%26storeid%3d2421364%26pagenumber%3d8%26promot ioncode%3DKmart-101003Base

Trader Joe
10-04-2010, 10:25 AM
I've got mine reserved at my gamestop in Indy at 82nd and Keystone. They're doing a midnight release.

Hicks
10-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Waiting for the Amazon box tomorrow.

Ryan
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Just got a call from my gamestop saying they cancelled the midnight release (lack of interest). Really sucks I lost all my contacts at Blockbuster and Hollywood video.

Trader Joe
10-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Mine is still doing it, got a text and a voice mail. They're opening at 10 and game is out at 12am, not sure if I'm going to go. I've got work in the morning.

pacer4ever
10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
:):):)at 12 ill be at wal-mart cant wait:D:D;):cool:

Ryan
10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
I called every single gamestop in the area. Mother f'ers. Nobody doing it. We dont even have a 24 hour walmart near Boston. Sucks living in the sticks.

pacer4ever
10-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Here's a link to a good deal for the game... Hopefully u guys have one around u guys.

http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2421364&pagenumber=8&listingid=-2085911034&ref=%2fkmart%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepagef lash%26storeid%3d2421364%26pagenumber%3d8%26promot ioncode%3DKmart-101003Base

wal-mart is giving $10 and a jordon poster :)

pacer4ever
10-04-2010, 04:18 PM
I think the my player "stat caps" or whatever will help the online games from a competition stand point, no more 7'2" centers with 99 handling ability.

Time will tell if the servers are actually improved.

no people are just making 7ft athletic SF lol but they are banning glitchers but i will do it for my offline gamer tag

Trader Joe
10-04-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't even understand where the fun is in that sort of thing?

Kraft
10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, has there been any other PD-centric teams made up for non-NBA games?

Ryan
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I've played COD with Kstat and maybe Hicks a few times but none that im aware

Kstat
10-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Just out of curiosity, has there been any other PD-centric teams made up for non-NBA games?

Never anything official. A few of us long-timers used to party up for xbox arcade back in the day.

Kstat
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
ok, Ryan is reinstated.

Natston
10-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Never anything official. A few of us long-timers used to party up for xbox arcade back in the day.

Well there was that core group of you, me, Hicks, Spicoli, and Lord Helmet that played alot of Gears... :whistle:

Kstat
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I was more fond of the arcade put-put.

Natston
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
I was more fond of the arcade put-put.

:laugh:

I was fond of anytime we were making fun of people (mostly Lord Helmet)...

Kstat
10-04-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't even understand where the fun is in that sort of thing?

There isn't. Nobody stops anybody and the final score of every game is in the 100's.

ThA HoyA
10-04-2010, 07:00 PM
wal-mart is giving $10 and a jordon poster :)

Don't have a kmart so walmart it is! Thanks!

Robertmto
10-04-2010, 09:34 PM
the game doesnt suck have u played it? it is one of the best sports games of all time period.

yea been playing it for a week now....you must have Superstars to score....trust me

THATS RACIST!

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/sw50sw8sw578.gif

Kstat
10-04-2010, 10:02 PM
....or, I don't know....run a play or two? Simulate real NBA basketball? Stop me if I'm getting warm.

ThA HoyA
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
I just tried walmart. :( no luck haha i figured I'd give it a shot. Almost had it a guy was about to grab it when the other employee asked him which game. Then he's like that comes out tomorrow!

Kstat
10-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Technically, it comes out in 90 mins....just find a 24/7 wal-mart.

xBulletproof
10-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I just tried walmart. :( no luck haha i figured I'd give it a shot. Almost had it a guy was about to grab it when the other employee asked him which game. Then he's like that comes out tomorrow!

Their registers are locked from selling a date locked product. It would have informed the guy running the register anyway. You'd have to know someone running the register and they be willing to ring up another game and put NBA 2K11 in the bag.

Not that I know from experience or anything. lol

Trader Joe
10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm still debating going to this midnight release, I'd probably only get 30 or so minutes of playing in before I need to go to bed for work, not sure it'd be worth it.

ThA HoyA
10-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Haha yea that's true but I'm on the west coast so I still have another 4 hours and it is a 24/7 walmart

pacer4ever
10-04-2010, 11:44 PM
off to go get it

Jon Theodore
10-04-2010, 11:49 PM
I find it funny ya'll aren't gonna use the Pacers. I have been playing the 2k series games online since 2k6 and I always have used the Pacers. I always beat guys who play with the Lakers, Boston, Etc. Sure I lose some games, but I win more than I lose and the people who get beat by the Pacers are usually pretty pissed off.

sidenote: In 2k10 I almost always scored the most points with Brandon Rush in online play for some strange reason (I am not partial to B.Rush).

My xbox360 gamertag is Crime Ministers I'm down for gaming.

Hicks
10-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Well there was that core group of you, me, Hicks, Spicoli, and Lord Helmet that played alot of Gears... :whistle:

Eh, it wasn't that great.

Hicks
10-05-2010, 12:21 AM
I find it funny ya'll aren't gonna use the Pacers. I have been playing the 2k series games online since 2k6 and I always have used the Pacers. I always beat guys who play with the Lakers, Boston, Etc. Sure I lose some games, but I win more than I lose and the people who get beat by the Pacers are usually pretty pissed off.

sidenote: In 2k10 I almost always scored the most points with Brandon Rush in online play for some strange reason (I am not partial to B.Rush).

My xbox360 gamertag is Crime Ministers I'm down for gaming.

If it were 1 on 1 (playing as an entire team), then I like playing the Pacers, too, usually. It's tougher, but it can be done.

5 on 5 team up, however, is simply a different animal, and it's much tougher to make up for less talent.

Kstat
10-05-2010, 01:12 AM
got it, finally. wal-mart had a whole launch setup, with posters, signs...but no game.

Seriously, they couldn't find it. I saw them rummage through a collection of boxes dated 10/5, to no avail.

We left empty-handed, with $5 gift cards. I had to drive another 5 miles n the other direction.

Ryan
10-05-2010, 03:49 AM
for anyone getting it tomorrow... if you have alot of games to trade in ask about the powerup card. i got 30 extra dollars in trade ins with my games. really worth it plus you get game informer for a year free.

pacer4ever
10-05-2010, 04:31 AM
got it, finally. wal-mart had a whole launch setup, with posters, signs...but no game.

Seriously, they couldn't find it. I saw them rummage through a collection of boxes dated 10/5, to no avail.

We left empty-handed, with $5 gift cards. I had to drive another 5 miles n the other direction.

there were 40 peeps at wal-mart lol took 4ever

Ryan
10-05-2010, 08:30 AM
online issues already. first 1/1 game lagged out. first team up got the ever popular network error.

should get worse as more people get the game today. 2k fails at life.

Ryan
10-05-2010, 08:37 AM
i just got one in (playing now anyways). according to the 2k board, its hit or miss.

MagicRat
10-05-2010, 09:27 AM

I stopped by my local Wal-Mart this morning on the way to work and they didn't have any on the shelves. All of the midnight launch signs and displays, but empty racks. I asked the lady at the counter and ask if they'd already sold them all. She said they hadn't come in yet. "I'll bet you had a lot of unhappy people at midnight." "Oh yeah."

Trader Joe
10-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I need to go pick mine up at gamestop still.

Hicks
10-05-2010, 10:47 AM
i just got one in (playing now anyways). according to the 2k board, its hit or miss.

Sadly, hit or miss would be an improvement.

I don't understand why they don't set up the connections like Call of Duty, where one crappy connection (unless it's the host) won't drag down the entire group(s). It's like one bad apple spoils the lag bunch with 2k.

Kstat
10-05-2010, 11:34 AM
I did 4 games with zero issues.

Trader Joe
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM
If kstat is giving 2k the thumbs up, then I'm sold.

Ryan
10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
he had no issues at midnight - 5am. try now.

ThA HoyA
10-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Anyone gonna play tonight?

Kstat
10-05-2010, 09:19 PM
ok...sign-up time.

I'm going to make a roster list, with the corresponding gamertags, and top-3 desired positions.

Please note that from what I've seen from team play, the PG position is going to be the most important position on the floor. You NEED to know how to run an offense, and use correct passing angles, as well as how to make finesse passes.

-kstat- Detro1tRockC1ty: C, PF, PG
-hicks- IIIHicksIII
-trader joe- Trader Joe335i: PG, SG, SF
-pacer4ever- naptownsher0: PG, PF, C
-ThaHoya- High Flyer 31: C, PF, SG
-perdu-Treym3
-greenway84- Greenway84
-Deadshot- YankeesCircus20
-tora tora- Murph Drag: SF, SG, PF
-spazzxb- spazz: SG, SF, PG
-cgg- chrisgregory2
-MrSparko- BSparkman
-Ryan- TH3 FRANCHISE: SG

ThA HoyA
10-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Gamertag: High Flyer 31
C;PF;SG

Ryan
10-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Hoya ill play some team up... send me a message. Th3 Franchise

SG, SG, SG.

cgg
10-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I changed mine to chrisjgregory3 to get a new 30 day trial. I'll play whatever you want. We can play a few and see where I fit in best.

cgg
10-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm on now if anyone wants to play.

Ryan
10-05-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm on now if anyone wants to play.

send me an invite.. team up or 1/1. whatever

ThA HoyA
10-05-2010, 10:07 PM
send me an invite.. team up or 1/1. whatever

I'll be on too give 5 min

cgg
10-05-2010, 10:17 PM
its been 10 min! :-p

MagicRat
10-05-2010, 10:17 PM
If you guys ever switch to PS3 and need a button masher, let me know.....

pacer4ever
10-05-2010, 11:15 PM
gamertag=naptownsher0 pg, pf, c,

cgg
10-05-2010, 11:34 PM
add th3 franchis, chrisjgregory3, high flyer 31, and greenway84

we're playing now

Hicks
10-05-2010, 11:58 PM
IIIHicksIII , no preference at this time

Trader Joe
10-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Trader Joe335i

PG, SG, SF.

Admittedly, playing PG is about 100% different this year than it has ever been so I am adjusting still, but I'm starting to get a hold of it.

Jon Theodore
10-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Crime Ministers
Pg, Sg, SF

ThA HoyA
10-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Trader Joe335i

PG, SG, SF.

Admittedly, playing PG is about 100% different this year than it has ever been so I am adjusting still, but I'm starting to get a hold of it.

U drive a BMW??

Ryan
10-06-2010, 02:45 AM
Myself Hoya CGG and a few others were not successful tonight. Ended up having to play 2v2 private matches and even those were difficult to get into.

Trader Joe
10-06-2010, 08:51 AM
U drive a BMW??

Actually an Audi. :laugh:

ThA HoyA
10-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Actually an Audi. :laugh:

Did u drive one before when u created the gamertag?? :)

tora tora
10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
sf, sg, pf

spazzxb
10-06-2010, 01:15 PM
spazz:
sg, sf, pg

played the against computer a few times yesterday, normally free evenings and latenight during the week.

Trader Joe
10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Did u drive one before when u created the gamertag?? :)

Correct. Engine kept conking out on me.

Kstat
10-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Crime Ministers
Pg, Sg, SF

Does this mean you want in as well?

Trader Joe
10-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Hey guys, I think I'm gonna have to withdraw my name as a permanent member of the team, I'll play time to time, but I just can't commit and that's unfair to you guys to not always be around when you need me. I'll still be around to play time to time, so hit me up.

Cheers

Kstat
10-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Your resignation is noted but rejected. None of us are around full time.

cgg
10-07-2010, 03:25 AM
How many people can be on a gamebattles roster?

Kstat
10-07-2010, 04:14 AM
20, I believe.

Trader Joe
10-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Your resignation is noted but rejected. None of us are around full time.

Haha, alright. Hopefully, I'll be online more than I anticipate.

pacer4ever
10-07-2010, 12:28 PM
red ring will have to get a new 360 problly 2nite ugg

Ryan
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Want to sell your red ringed xbox?

i have a red ringed elite just sitting here..

pacer4ever
10-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Want to sell your red ringed xbox?

no i will send it in to microsoft. I just couln't wait i want to play 2k too bad. Last time it took them a month to fix. I boght a new one last night for a $100 so now i have two for when it breaks again lol. Should of just bought it for my ps3 but i didnt want to start over and sports games look bad on ps3.

Kstat
10-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Ok, I made a clan so we can get some decent matches. I won't be around tonight, but I sent out invites.

cgg
10-08-2010, 07:40 PM
joined.

Team up -> Crew invitations

cgg
10-08-2010, 07:42 PM
I like the persistent stats

Dr. Awesome
10-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, if you like online competitive games there is a new website starting up next week(hopefully) called sneakyuniverse.com. We are still in process of working things out, but we should be good to go soon.

pacer4ever
10-08-2010, 10:58 PM
new GT= Go CuBs Go 12

Kstat
10-10-2010, 03:16 PM
ok, our gamebattles team account is created. There are 15 roster spots. You need to sign up for an account though, so I can link your gamertag to the roster.

Deadshot
10-10-2010, 03:33 PM
I just signed up for an account but I don't quite know how it works. I didn't use the same name as my Gamertag so I might have to change that.

Hicks
10-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Hicksatpd is my GB username

Deadshot
10-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Deadshot-Pacers is my GB username

Kstat
10-10-2010, 03:48 PM
added. you do need to link your gamertag, though.

Kstat
10-10-2010, 03:49 PM
FYI, there are 15 roster spots allowed in the NBA 2K11 team league.

ThA HoyA
10-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Sorry haven't been on to accept the clan invite I will do that tonight as well as do the GB account... Is the one we used to have still good?

Kstat
10-10-2010, 03:53 PM
No, it got deleted due to inactivity. I had to make a new team.

Kstat
10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
as per the clan thing....we'll still keep it active just for some good practice time, but we found out last night there are still users doing the cheating, 99-rated myplayers, so it wont be a serious venture.

tora tora
10-10-2010, 04:32 PM
murphdrag (1 word) is my ID, gamertag linked

Ryan
10-10-2010, 04:45 PM
vince mcmahon is in

Kstat
10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
murphdrag (1 word) is my ID, gamertag linked

added.

FYI, it'd be nice if you had a working mic. Communication is very important in these things.

Promise Ryan won't shoot 4/22 again.

Natston
10-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I still don't have a copy of 2k11, and my internet isn't that great, but if u give a chance to a first hail mary, our father court passer and shooting pg then I might be not that great...

Ryan
10-10-2010, 05:07 PM
added.

FYI, it'd be nice if you had a working mic. Communication is very important in these things.

Promise Ryan won't shoot 4/22 again.

Glad we have my one poor shooting game documented forever on PD now

Jon Theodore
10-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Alright Guys, tonight (8-???) i'm up for gaming. I got a few days of practice under my belt, i'm probably best suited for being a SG or SF right now. I have a mic.

Crime Ministers is my GT.

Kstat
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
are you signing up for gamebattles, or no? I have a couple roster spots left.

Jon Theodore
10-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes I am.

Kstat
10-10-2010, 06:22 PM
BTW players have to wait 12 hours before eligibility on gamebattles, so the soonest we can start playing official matches is tomorrow.

I highly suggest everybody who wants in get a gamebattles account ASAP so I can add you can get your 12-hour wait over with.

ThA HoyA
10-10-2010, 06:25 PM
My GB: HighFlyer31

Accepted team invite.

Kstat
10-10-2010, 06:30 PM
our official team page: http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/nba-2k11/team/pacers-digest

cgg
10-10-2010, 07:53 PM
gb: cgg

Jon Theodore
10-10-2010, 08:25 PM
My GB: CrimeMinisters

My GT: Crime Ministers

Send me an invite.

Kstat
10-10-2010, 09:15 PM
It isn't showing up.

Robertmto
10-11-2010, 12:18 AM
I'll play

GT - AfterMto

GB - Robertmto

Kstat
10-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Robertmto is added, Joe Theodore still isn't showing as a GB account.

Sparhawk
10-11-2010, 09:37 AM
I want this game so bad, but I honestly don't have the funds right now. :(

I'll let you guys know when I can pick it up and if there are any openings, I'll be happy to join. If not, I'm sure we can still play for fun!

ThA HoyA
10-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Anyone down to play tonight

Ryan
10-11-2010, 12:30 PM
i am

Robertmto
10-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I'll run some games tonite...every1 add me. Aftermto - xbl tag

I get off at 10 pm ill b on around 1030 or 11

BSparkman
10-11-2010, 03:19 PM
GT - BSparkman

GB - Danger....

ThA HoyA
10-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I'll be on like 7pm pacific time....

Hicks
10-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I can be on tonight sometime after 930.

Kstat
10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
me too.

Kstat
10-11-2010, 04:15 PM
ok...added Sparko and GReenway84.

Crucial piece of info...MAKE SURE YOU LINK YOUR GAMERTAG TO YOUR GB ACCOUNT!

If you don't, you remain ineligible, and the 12-hour waiting period starts after you enter in your gamertag, no matter if your name is on the roster or not.

Also, I can't find and add you through searches if you don't have an xbox tag on file.

duke dynamite
10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Someone buy me the game and I'll join you all. Being a homeowner sucks sometimes.

Ryan
10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Someone buy me the game and I'll join you all. Being a homeowner sucks sometimes.

I hear you. Had to trade in half my DS and 360 library for 2K and Black Ops.

Ryan
10-11-2010, 06:21 PM
private team up running smooth as hell. just scored 36/6/7/8 with Joe Johnson

ThA HoyA
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
private team up running smooth as hell. just scored 36/6/7/8 with Joe Johnson

That's all???:D

Robertmto
10-12-2010, 02:00 AM
I think I'm most effective at PG and C/PF

But I DO need a PG who is a threat to drive...so that may mean i have to play big if no one else feels comfortable with that style of play

cgg
10-12-2010, 02:05 AM
I've only been PF so far, including all the random games.

Kstat
10-12-2010, 07:56 AM
our season started off roughly...a 97-76 setback.

On the plus side, we're going to have 10 eligible players by the time we play another game.

tora tora
10-12-2010, 10:42 AM
What teams were used? Gamebattles needs to add box scores.

Hicks
10-12-2010, 10:59 AM
There won't be box scores. GB helps us find an opponent, then it's all handled independently by the players involved, and then both teams report the final score on GB when it's over.

smj887
10-12-2010, 11:18 AM
I would like to play too if spots are still available. I'm free most evenings. Gamertag is smjversion2.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

cgg
10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
When are we playing again?

Kstat
10-12-2010, 09:17 PM
What teams were used? Gamebattles needs to add box scores.

They were Miami, we were Boston.

We actually had an 11-point lead, then Wade took over and we kind of fell apart offensively.

Kstat
10-12-2010, 09:18 PM
When are we playing again?

Hicks, Ryan and myself all have the authority to post/accept challenges, so matches can happen anytime one of us is online.

pacer4ever
10-12-2010, 10:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCDN8Eqb5eU

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCDN8Eqb5eU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCDN8Eqb5eU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LOL Roy doing the John Wall

Kstat
10-16-2010, 07:44 PM
planning on getting some league games in tonight...I'll be around.

tora tora
10-16-2010, 07:56 PM
sounds good to me

Kstat
10-17-2010, 01:59 AM
After starting out 0-2, we've rebounded with two wins

Kstat
10-17-2010, 05:39 AM
Game #1 tonight was a heartbreaker. We lost by one on the road the the #19 ranked team.

Thankfully, we rebounded by taking three straight, before dropping the last game against an extremely tough 7th-ranked team.

I like how everyone's coming together so far. We're gradually figuring out which combinations work and which don't.

cgg
10-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Playing tonight? Gonna run to the grocery store and start some wings then I'll be back.

spazzxb
10-17-2010, 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCDN8Eqb5eU

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCDN8Eqb5eU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCDN8Eqb5eU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LOL Roy doing the John Wall

Hibbert did that last season in a game, nothing to do with John Wall.

Hicks
10-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Yes, it does, because it's John Wall's celebration "move".

cgg
10-17-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm on now if anyone wants to play

ThA HoyA
10-17-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm on now if anyone wants to play

I'm on too I'm down...just outside for a bit taking my dog out

Ryan
10-18-2010, 02:42 AM
0-3 tonight. had game 3 in the bag with a 14 point lead. held them to 2 points in the first quarter. got jobbed out with constant charging calls.

Ryan
10-18-2010, 02:49 AM
CGG and Hoya played very well. You can pin the L's on me.

cgg
10-18-2010, 02:54 AM
The charges were so weird. Maybe that's their idea of "lock down d." :-p

We gotta watch for them in the future.

ThA HoyA
10-18-2010, 02:57 AM
All I know is that last game was dumb lol!! 5 or 6 charges... Right?!

TMJ31
10-18-2010, 03:01 AM
This sounds like a ton of fun!

Just spent all my 360 game budget on Reach though.

Perhaps if I find some trade ins I will join up :)

Kstat
10-18-2010, 04:20 AM
0-3 tonight. had game 3 in the bag with a 14 point lead. held them to 2 points in the first quarter. got jobbed out with constant charging calls.

We'll get our record back up tomorrow night. Wish I could have been around to help.

Hicks
10-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Did they discover some way to draw charges, or was it just a fluke? If it wasn't a fluke, how did they do it?

So far it's looked to me like 2K has made it practically impossible to draw charges.

tora tora
10-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Stay off the right trigger to avoid them.

Kstat
10-18-2010, 05:59 PM
some early afternoon results...we split two games to fall to 4-7, but knocked off the 11th-ranked team in a stunning 4th quarter comeback. The win jumped us 45 spots up to 66th (out of 402 teams) in the rankings.

It's been really, really tough, but our strength of schedule is excellent. We're ranked very high, despite a poor record.

I'm pleased that everyone involved hasn't gotten too beaten down by the losses. We stayed with our gameplan and we're finally seeing some results.

ThA HoyA
10-18-2010, 06:59 PM
He wasn't even using the turbo... He would even try walking it up court and same deal. I'm not even joking the same guy got 5 or 6 charges...

Ryan
10-18-2010, 07:03 PM
OJ FN MAYO

Ryan
10-18-2010, 07:20 PM
we will be playing from 8pm est (give or take) until people get tired. hopefully getting a few more wins. if anyone wants in just join our party on live

Hicks
10-18-2010, 09:44 PM
I should be on in a bit.

cgg
10-19-2010, 02:45 AM
5 game win streak. 8-7

Ranked 23rd

Kstat
10-19-2010, 03:23 AM
We're running our sets to nothing close to perfection, but it's close enough right now.

Out of the doldrums, we're close to being a top-20 team again. Another week or so of experience playing in this offense, and we'll be really good.

Trader Joe
10-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Nice job guys.

Jon Theodore
10-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Any room on the team? I finally (days later) got my GB account confirmation e-mail.

Kstat
10-19-2010, 03:34 PM
sure.

Ryan
10-19-2010, 03:59 PM
ill be on until 10 or so tonight. no later. me and cg will be down (i think) if we can get a third from this point on..

ThA HoyA
10-19-2010, 04:03 PM
ill be on until 10 or so tonight. no later. me and cg will be down (i think) if we can get a third from this point on..

I'm down to play for a couple hours

Kstat
10-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Ok, since I hadn't made it necessarily clear before, here's how the authority structure of this team works:

Team Leader: Kstat
Co-Leader: Hicks
1st Captain: Ryan
2nd Captain: Hoya

Right now, those are the only 4 players allowed to post or accept challenges, and the highest ranked individual on hand will be the one making the coaching decisions, when there are decisions to be made.

If people aren't comfortable with making those decisions, or want to be involved in the process, I'll go about adding or subtracting captains as the season goes on.

Hicks
10-19-2010, 08:09 PM
I probably won't be on tonight. Should be free the next 2 days, though.

tora tora
10-19-2010, 08:38 PM
I can play from 1pm-7pm on weekdays and any time on weekends.

Kstat
10-19-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm around periodically on weekdays, but Saturdays and Mondays are pretty much my designated 2k11 days.

Kstat
10-20-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm going to list our roster and schedule/results here, then update it in my first post in this thread for posterity...

there are still 4 roster spots left open, FYI.

Allow me to explain what we're doing, to those who aren't playing on the team, or have not played yet.

Since the majority of the time, teams are randomly assigned in gamebattles matches, instead of assigning positions, I went about assigning "roles," and designed a very simple offensive set I picked up from the Princeton offense the old sacramento kings used to run. There are very simple roles in the offense: Point guard, shooter, slasher, high post and low post.

Without a chalkboard, I can't really explain the X's and O's, but watch the old Webber/Vlade/Bibby/Christie/Peja Sacramento Kings to get the gist of what we're running.

Point guards:

cgg
Robertmto

Shooters:

Ryan (1st captain)
tora tora

Slashers:

Hoya (2nd captain)
Sparko

high post:

Kstat (leader)

Low post:

Hicks (co-leader)
Greenway
Deadshot

Schedule/teams used/results:

10/11: PD (Celtics) vs #17 2k11 (Heat) L
10/17: PD (Bucks) vs #7 You know what time it is (Celtics) L
10/17: PD (Timberwolves) vs #139 Sim Nation (Nuggets) W
10/17: PD (Spurs) vs Badadingding Badadingding (Magic) W
10/17: PD (Suns) vs #66 U TRIED THO (Rockets) W
10/17: PD (Bobcats) vs #10 Vitamin Water (Blazers) L
10/17: PD (Sixers) vs #5 Brotherhood (Jazz) L
10/18: PD (Bulls) vs #10 Vitamin Water (Clippers) L
10/18: PD (Grizzlies) vs #19 Lockdown D (Knicks) L
10/18: PD (Pistons) vs #37 PRIME TIME BALLIN (Magic) L
10/18: PD (Grizzlies) vs #11 Money Maker$ (Wizards) W
10/18: PD (Lakers) vs #66 Patrick Ewing Jr. (Bulls) W
10/18: PD (Heat) vs #80 xATx (Celtics) W
10/18: PD (Warriors) vs #50 2K GOONS (Bucks) W
10/19: PD (Heat) vs #67 FOR THREEEE (Hawks) W
10/20: PD (Magic) vs #6 Animosity (Rockets) L

Deadshot
10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
I know I haven't played much with you guys yet but I generally like to play some type of PF when I do play.

Hicks
10-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Kstat,

I can play high post as well, but seeing as how you and I are almost always playing together, I realize that doesn't do much good.

tora tora
10-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm more of a shooter than a slasher.

Ryan
10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
will be on shortly.

Kstat
10-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Looks like a roller coaster season thusfar...followed up a 5-game winning streak with a 5-game losing streak. Oh well, we'll get where we need to be, eventually.

cgg
10-21-2010, 04:21 PM
I think we're playing okay, but we're missing your play making from the high post.

Ryan
10-22-2010, 07:38 PM
willbeonforalittlebittonightifanyoneisinterested

Kstat
10-22-2010, 07:56 PM
we've blown big leads in 2 of our last 3 games. Ironically, the one game we won, we came from 9 down late.

tora tora
10-22-2010, 08:35 PM
willbeonforalittlebittonightifanyoneisinterested
metoo

Ryan
10-22-2010, 09:23 PM
V1NCEMCMAH0N - ADD ME IF IM NOT ON YOUR LIST SO I CAN HAVE YOU JOIN THE PARTAY

Kstat
10-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Ryan and tora are the two best wings I've played with. You should have no trouble winning games.

Ryan
10-22-2010, 09:48 PM
once i finish this chowder ill be on

Trader Joe
10-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Chowda.

Ryan
10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
just got a w by 1 point. if anyone wants in hop on