PDA

View Full Version : Austin Collie article

Basketball Fan
09-30-2010, 11:04 PM
http://www.mormontimes.com/article/17490/Collie-is-BYUs-first-wide-receiver-to-make-a-big-impact-in-the-NFL?s_cid=queue_title&utm_source=queue_title

Austin Collie, the former BYU wide receiver now playing for the Indianapolis Colts, is quickly becoming a star in the National Football League.

In just his second NFL season, he leads the league in receptions (27), receiving yards (359) and touchdown catches (4). Collie seemed to put an exclamation point on his arrival Sunday when he caught 12 passes for 171 yards and two touchdowns to help the Colts defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Perhaps the most remarkable part of the story is this: He is the first BYU wide receiver ever to make his mark in the NFL.

Slick Pinkham
10-01-2010, 02:30 PM
and he's white!

(just kidding!)

Basketball Fan
10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
and he's white!

(just kidding!)

Jason Shytlock made a similar reference the other day. How Manning/Collie are breaking barriers being such a great white QB/white WR tandem(no joke)

Slick Pinkham
10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
The Brady to Welker all-white tandem is no slouch either. I'm biased against Jason whitlock. I hate reading articles by people that cannot write. I'm an illiterate-ist.

xBulletproof
10-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Man, they sure moved Jacksonville to a strange place in the country.

travmil
10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm biased against Jason whitlock. I hate reading articles by people that cannot write. I'm an illiterate-ist.

I hate him because he's a racist who claims everyone else is the racist.

Slick Pinkham
10-01-2010, 10:39 PM
I think that he is like Bob Kravitz and will just stir the pot, whether he is informed or not and whether he depends upon facts or not. He is just attempting to get himself noticed, at all times, and he's worse than Kavitz in that he recycles themes among a short list of his own pet issues.

PacerDude
10-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Austin Collie = The Stormin' Mormon. (Heard it on some radio show.)

And let's not forget to mention the other receiver that made a nice debut - Blair White AKA: The Blair White Project.

Yeah - these guys are talented and have physical skills that allow them to play in the NFL, but it sure helps having that Manning guy throwing the ball to them.

Basketball Fan
10-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Austin Collie = The Stormin' Mormon. (Heard it on some radio show.)

And let's not forget to mention the other receiver that made a nice debut - Blair White AKA: The Blair White Project.

Yeah - these guys are talented and have physical skills that allow them to play in the NFL, but it sure helps having that Manning guy throwing the ball to them.

And its also unique that they're both white not that white WR can't be good there have been many its just in today's NFL you don't really see it that often.