PDA

View Full Version : FanJam 2010

joeyd
09-30-2010, 05:17 AM
FanJam is scheduled for Sunday, October 24 at 1 PM. My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

rel
09-30-2010, 11:22 AM
DANG IT!!!! I just scheduled to take the GRE that day :( and i think it costs like $50 to reschedule

Day-V
09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
They were smart scheduling it on the Colts Bye Week.

Speed
09-30-2010, 11:36 AM
I wonder if they'll have a scrimmage, I stopped going when they stopped doing the scrimmage.

bphil
09-30-2010, 11:48 AM
I miss the scrimmage too, but I'll still be there.

pacer4ever
09-30-2010, 11:52 AM
wat is the fan jam??

BillS
09-30-2010, 12:07 PM
They were smart scheduling it on the Colts Bye Week.

It's always the weekend before the opener.

Day-V
09-30-2010, 12:09 PM
It's always the weekend before the opener.

Well then, they're lucky it's the Colts Bye Week. ;)

Mr_Smith
09-30-2010, 12:48 PM
damn, i'll be at work

Trader Joe
09-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Well then, they're lucky it's the Colts Bye Week. ;)

Disagree, It would have been better to schedule it right after a Colts home game.

IndyHoosier
09-30-2010, 01:22 PM
wat is the fan jam??

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l9bgodQryA4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l9bgodQryA4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hicks
09-30-2010, 01:35 PM
I didn't go last year, and I didn't miss it.

The thing that used to attract me was the scrimmage. Once that left, anything I might find interesting (in other words, watching the rookies act like fools) will be included on the highlight video that'll get produced over the next day or so.

ChristianDudley
09-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Can't wait for this year's Fan Jam. Last year my mom and I were selected to do an on-court activity with the team, and we both were between Granger & Hansbrough. Very awesome if I say so myself. Plus it's the best time of the year to try for autos as the whole team is available...so if you're looking to get a basketball or something signed by the whole team, this would be the time to do it the easiest way.

pristinecollector
09-30-2010, 06:41 PM
FanJam is scheduled for Sunday, October 24 at 1 PM. My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

I looked all over the Internet to find out when this was going to be. I should have known to just come here first! Thanks for the post.

pacer4ever
09-30-2010, 06:50 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l9bgodQryA4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l9bgodQryA4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

IDK if i wanna go cant stand JOB feedin me bs like that lol

duke dynamite
09-30-2010, 09:14 PM
IDK if i wanna go cant stand JOB feedin me bs like that lol
Then don't go. No one is forcing you.

duke dynamite
09-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Disagree, It would have been better to schedule it right after a Colts home game.
Foot traffic :laugh:

IndyHoosier
09-30-2010, 11:03 PM
I believe the overwhelming sentiment is that everyone misses the scrimmage. I have heard this year after year yet TPTB never listen and bring it back. Are they so out of synch with the "Fan" that they don't listen to what they want for their "Fan Jam"? Maybe we can circulate a petition to ask for it to be brought back and email it directly to Bird & Morway.

Thoughts?

joeyd
10-01-2010, 06:08 AM
I looked all over the Internet to find out when this was going to be. I should have known to just come here first! Thanks for the post.

You're quite welcome, but don't beat yourself up for not finding anything on the internet. I actually had stumbled on the info myself. It was at the bottom of a promo e-mail from PG&E for something else at Conseco. At the bottom of the promo, they usually list the next 5 or 6 upcoming Pacers games, and the FanJam was listed along with the preseason and opening night games. It's strange that no one, including season ticket holders had received an e-mail about it yet, but I imagine that such an announcement in imminently forthcoming.

pianoman
10-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Alright, so we want a scrimmage. What if Big Roy or DC2 gets injured in this scrimmage? This is exactly why the do not do this.

IndyHoosier
10-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Alright, so we want a scrimmage. What if Big Roy or DC2 gets injured in this scrimmage? This is exactly why the do not do this.

C'mon! They don't scrimmage in practice anymore? I don't buy the "let's not get them injured" excuse. They are basketball players, let them play!

ChristianDudley
10-01-2010, 05:11 PM
C'mon! They don't scrimmage in practice anymore? I don't buy the "let's not get them injured" excuse. They are basketball players, let them play!

but it would be more of a "fun" and "entertainment" thing instead of a go-hard practice scrimmage, which would lead to a greater chance of a freak injury (it would be our luck, too). I'd love to see a scrimmage, but I'm fine with just a game of knock-out and Simon Sez with fan interaction so that our lineup won't get anymore injury-depleted as it has been. It's just a risk factor type of thing.

Naptown_Seth
10-02-2010, 09:41 AM
I didn't go last year, and I didn't miss it.

The thing that used to attract me was the scrimmage. Once that left, anything I might find interesting (in other words, watching the rookies act like fools) will be included on the highlight video that'll get produced over the next day or so.
I agree.

I mean I enjoy the other stuff, especially in the context of a cooldown to having just watched the scrimmage, but without actual play it's not nearly as interesting.

El Pacero
10-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I always go just because I've missed the Fieldhouse and it feels good to be back. It's been pretty much the exact same for the last three years so I hope they do change it up somehow.

joeyd
10-06-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm hoping they will allow more time for player autographs. This is one of the few times during the year when the whole team is available to sign, but it is nearly impossible to get autographs from everyone because the players are usually spread around Conseco, and the lines get capped after you get about half the players' signatures. Happy for the opportunity to get any of the signatures from the new guys, though.