PDA

View Full Version : THE DEAL IS OFF

King Phoenix
09-28-2010, 08:43 PM
According to ESPN the Nets are tired of waiting on the Nuggets front office to make up their mind and talks have cooled off! Knight gave the nuggets a deadline of today to accept the deal! This is where the pacers phone calls come into play!

With the deal going through the Nuggets wouldve added 4.8 mil and have to pay 9.6 in luxury tax among other things!

Also noteworthy from espn is the report of how Melo said "He never asked for a trade!" Also from espn the Nuggets are doing everything except for putting the knicks on a seperate planet with trade ideas! Because they believe that knicks might have been backyard scouting Melo along with not being attracted to the nuggets so new york is on a last resort basis!

Great news for the pacers in trade proposal and hope if bird was tryna get Melo!

(ALL THIS IS FROM MY ITOUCH SO I COULDNT POST LINK BUT THIS ALL CAME FROM MY SPORTSCENTER APP)

BornReady
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM
we're trying to get Melo?

MLB007
09-28-2010, 08:51 PM
we're trying to get Melo?

No, Brandon is melo enough for a whole team. :jump::jump:

vnzla81
09-28-2010, 08:52 PM
So my dream is not too far off?

Pacemaker
09-28-2010, 08:59 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsITgDjg1zpKtQWB_9Ay1r68vLYF?slug=ys-anthonynuggets092710

The deal is off and the Pacers are not even mentioned in this article.

Shade
09-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Called it.

tsm612
09-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Not sure what the OP is so excited about. This actually hurts the Pacers because we were trying to benefit from their trade.

I don't understand why so many people are getting worked up about the Pacers going after Carmelo. He's not an option for us. He never was. And the only thing mentioning the Pacers was a short article saying that Indiana and Cleveland were trying to get in on the trade. (They were never actually part of the proposed deal at any time.) That doesn't mean that we were targeting Carmelo. Even if we tried, there is no chance he'd come here. I expect Carmelo would quit basketball to open a Dairy Queen before coming to play for the Pacers.

focused444
09-28-2010, 09:32 PM
no deals are ever off...

anything can happen...

this could be posturing by NJ...

CT Pacer
09-28-2010, 09:34 PM
no deals are ever off...

anything can happen...

this could be posturing by NJ...

This is true. There's no way they're backing out it's Carmelo Anthony... This type of player isn't available every day.

SMosley21
09-28-2010, 09:36 PM
The Pacers have never been in talks for Melo. If anything we would've been a 3rd or 4th team to help facilitate him going elsewhere.

ChristianDudley
09-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I agree, even if we were interested in Melo, we'd only be apart of this deal right now if we were helping the trade moving along by trading away T.J. and possibly another player to another team involved in this Melo deal in return getting either salary cap relief, prospects, draft picks, doing a 2-for-1 trade to open up a roster spot, etc.

Trader Joe
09-28-2010, 11:00 PM
I would have bet my left nut that pacer4ever started this thread when I saw it on the index page.

ThA HoyA
09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
9.6 million ouch yea let him walk haha

vnzla81
09-29-2010, 12:22 AM
I don't know if you guys remember the time many people here including myself thought that Collison was never going to be traded to the pacers for an expiring and without giving up a draft pick? Larry made me a believer and at this time I think that anything is possible(trade wise) the pacers have close to 30mil in expirings and a bunch of young players that could be use to make a trade. I don't think that trading for Melo is that far off as many people make it seems like.

focused444
09-29-2010, 12:36 AM
I don't know if you guys remember the time many people here including myself thought that Collison was never going to be traded to the pacers for an expiring and without giving up a draft pick? Larry made me a believer and at this time I think that anything is possible(trade wise) the pacers have close to 30mil in expirings and a bunch of young players that could be use to make a trade. I don't think that trading for Melo is that far off as many people make it seems like.

It's not that the Pacers don't have the assets to get Melo. I believe they do. It's that Melo wants to go to an east coast, large market team (NYK/NJN). So yes we could put together a decent package for Denver to bring in Melo, but everything coming from Melo points to the fact he would not sign an extension in Indiana.

I think the Pacers are trying to facilitate the trade and move Solo,TJ or DunJr. If they see an opportunity to make a huge acquisition during the process then they will jump, and maybe move some other players. The one thing I love is that Larry is working those phones still. After the Collison trade I have faith that Larry is working hard to improve.

tora tora
09-29-2010, 02:34 AM
I like how everybody thinks they can analyze Melo's mind in what he wants or doesn't want or what he'd do or never do.

focused444
09-29-2010, 03:33 AM
I like how everybody thinks they can analyze Melo's mind in what he wants or doesn't want or what he'd do or never do.

We are all speculating and/or making guesses based on the reports that are coming out. No one is claiming to know what is in his head, that's unrealistic. Trying to pin down his mind state from reports is not too farfetched. Have you not been following the Melo story? Yes, anything can happen, we all get that, but is it wrong to apply the info coming out in the media?

In the case of my 2nd post I was trying to give a summary without boring people with the entire story, because I thought that was common knowledge by now. There seems to be a few people who think the Pacers have a shot of obtaining Melo, and everything in the reports suggests the possibility of that occurring is low. Could it still occur, of course! Do I think I'm in Melo head, of course not!

And btw I felt your post applied to me so I responded. For the most part we're bball junkies on a bball forum speculating, collecting links, and sharing with each other.

johndozark
09-29-2010, 10:34 AM
I recognize that many would trade Granger for Anthony, but we would live to regret that...deeply. Melo would disrupt what we are building. We are not going to get Anthony anyway for all the reasons many have listed.

In any trade we are looking for three things: (1) Is there a way to get a quality combo PF/C to round out our collection of pretty good, but not great bigs? (2) Is there a way to get something back for some of our expirings, expendables, and character-challenged players? (3) Can we do 1 and/or 2 in a way that builds on our developing "team-first, improved-morale" attitude?

bphil
09-29-2010, 10:48 AM

It's actually not difficult to do at all. Melo's wife is an "actress" and he wants to get out of Denver and move to a large market for the sake of her "career." That means NYC (Knicks or Nets) or LA (Clippers). Simple. And ridiculous. Dood's willing to potentially throw his career down the toilet for a woman who's most likely going to divorce him and take all his money within 5 years.