PDA

View Full Version : Indiana trying to get in on the four team trade involving Melo?

90'sNBARocked
09-28-2010, 02:39 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/25/denvers-delay-in-carmelo-anthony-talks-threatening-deal/
9/25/2010 5:09 PM ET By Sam Amick

By the time Monday morning arrives, these furious final days of negotiations between Denver, Utah, Charlotte and New Jersey might indeed result in Carmelo Anthony becoming a member of the Nets.

But according to two sources close to the situation, the Nuggets -- who stand to acquire Nets rookie forward Derrick Favors, Utah forward Andrei Kirilenko and two first-round draft picks from New Jersey in the deal -- are compromising the trade with their slow-moving ways.

No key figure is growing more impatient than Nets general manager Billy King, who is determined to get the deal done by Monday and unclear on why new Denver general manager Masai Ujiri is fielding calls from teams like Cleveland and Indiana that are attempting to get involved in the trade. Ujiri, who was an assistant general manager with the Raptors and just experienced the ill-fated Chris Bosh departure to Miami, is clearly attempting to exhaust more options before agreeing to the deal.

At this advanced stage of the talks however, it's a dangerous tactic.

Because it appears Anthony would sign the three-year, $65 million extension with the Nets that is certainly a precursor to their involvement, Denver's insistence on exploring other avenues while not tending more closely to the situation at hand means they could lose one of the few Anthony suitors who fits all the necessary qualifications. Only so many teams are realistically in the running for Anthony, of course, as his agreement to an extension is an obvious precursor to a deal. Sources say he has warmed to the notion of the Nets after the likes of New York, Chicago, the Clippers and perhaps even Houston were originally more preferable.

You Go Bird!!

Make them take TJ and give us a decent PF in return and my man crush on you becomes offical!

Just thinking of the teams rummored : Utah, NJ, Charlotte, Denver

Who could we possibly be after?

Boris Diaw
Nene
Nzar
K Mart
???

I Love P
09-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Interested in only Nene or KMart.

spreedom
09-28-2010, 02:55 PM
I'd be happy with Nene or Diaw -- I know Diaw has fitness/motivation issues but I think making him a focal part of an up-tempo offense would be right up his wheelhouse. I love his versatility.

Nene would be the better get though, because he's just a better player. But I think Diaw is more easily obtainable.

I Love P
09-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Give me Birdman.

Speed
09-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Dated 9/25, Saturday, interesting since that trade it off, basically. Maybe they'll still try to get involved otherwise, who knows, it sounds like a big mess to me.

MillerTime
09-28-2010, 03:04 PM
If we're calling Denver regarding Melo, say goodbye to Granger + other(s). Personally, I would be totally fine with it. I would hate to see Melo's contract after though...we're pretty spoiled with paying Granger what we're paying him.

But in reality, we're probably arent going to get Melo, but its nice to see Bird now sitting back doing nothing.

If by some magic possibility we could obtain Melo without trading Granger, Hibbert, or Collison....I would nominate Bird for GM of the Year even before the season starts

90'sNBARocked
09-28-2010, 03:06 PM
I dont necessarily think we were calling specifically about Melo, but more like how we could turn a draft pick or one of our expirings for a player that suits a current need

I think both K Mart and Nene's contract expires after this year, which I think would make Denver hold on to them

I could see a TJ for Diaw swap though

HeliumFear
09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm uninterested in any of these players. Slightly intrigued be Nene,but he doesn't rebound very well and his offense consists of waiting under the basket for dump passes.

HC
09-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Maybe this has already been posted in another thread somewhere, but I have seen several reports stating that Bird made a hail mary offer for Melo at some point in time.

Tom White
09-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Maybe this has already been posted in another thread somewhere, but I have seen several reports stating that Bird made a hail mary offer for Melo at some point in time.

Got any links? Your post is the first I've heard of anything like that.

90'sNBARocked
09-28-2010, 03:49 PM

I would love to know what Bird put on the table

Even so though, I would hope he would make any pending deal contigent on Melo resigning

Speed
09-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Wasn't it the Nets wanting a PG back in that deal, I'd assumed it was TJ to NJ for something or at least thats what Morway/Bird were trying to do.

Trophy
09-28-2010, 03:51 PM
If Charlotte is involved, I think they'll take Ford. They one of the few teams out there intestered in him.

It might make sense if Melo does go to NJ and Harris is trading elsewhere, he should go there since they'll be pretty limited at PG.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Dated 9/25, Saturday, interesting since that trade it off, basically. Maybe they'll still try to get involved otherwise, who knows, it sounds like a big mess to me.

i read it on saturday and didnt seem like anything of substance unless we plug in Mike D where AK is in the deal so the nuggets woulnt take back as much cap space

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 04:09 PM
If Charlotte is involved, I think they'll take Ford. They one of the few teams out there intestered in him.

It might make sense if Melo does go to NJ and Harris is trading elsewhere, he should go there since they'll be pretty limited at PG.

Harris would be going to the bobcats that is the guy they really want

King Phoenix
09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Give me Birdman.

PRICELESS! lol FREE WAYNE! Sorry couldn't help it!

CableKC
09-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned, but from what I read....one of the main reasons why the trade talk died down is because the Nuggets wanted to include other Players in the deal ( probably ones that no one wanted ) to get underneath the LT threshold.

If they didn't ask for more...specifically for other Teams to take on additional salary...it probably would have happened by now.

90'sNBARocked
09-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned, but from what I read....one of the main reasons why the trade talk died down is because the Nuggets wanted to include other Players in the deal ( probably ones that no one wanted ) to get underneath the LT threshold.

If they didn't ask for more...specifically for other Teams to take on additional salary...it probably would have happened by now.

They said on the radio the current deal as constructed would mean the Nuggets would take on an additional 10 million in salary, something Stan kronke and son were unwilling to do

CableKC
09-28-2010, 04:59 PM
They said on the radio the current deal as constructed would mean the Nuggets would take on an additional 10 million in salary, something Stan kronke and son were unwilling to do
Did someone run the #s here?

Melo earns the same amount of $$$ in 2010-2011 as AK47.

Who else other then Favors is the Nuggets taking on?

Deadshot
09-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Give me Birdman.

Birdman and Rush together...no thanks lol.

MillerTime
09-28-2010, 05:42 PM
I wonder if Bird was interested in taking Favors.....this doesn't necessarily mean we're only after Melo

vnzla81
09-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Birdman, Kmart and Rush together...no thanks lol.

fixed

90'sNBARocked
09-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Did someone run the #s here?

Melo earns the same amount of $$$ in 2010-2011 as AK47.

Who else other then Favors is the Nuggets taking on?

Quinton Ross , I think

vnzla81
09-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Quinton Ross , I think

and because they are over the cap they would be paying close to 10mil , CB explained this on espn yesterday.

Deadshot
09-28-2010, 05:59 PM
fixed

Unless its anywhere but Indiana...then I'm all for it.

HC
09-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Got any links? Your post is the first I've heard of anything like that.

I am able to come up with a few sites by googling different variation of Melo, hail mary, and Pacers. I'm not sure where I read the original article, and I can't seem to track it down either. Probably just bs.

Karlton
09-28-2010, 07:14 PM
If we're calling Denver regarding Melo, say goodbye to Granger + other(s). Personally, I would be totally fine with it. I would hate to see Melo's contract after though...we're pretty spoiled with paying Granger what we're paying him.

But in reality, we're probably arent going to get Melo, but its nice to see Bird now sitting back doing nothing.

If by some magic possibility we could obtain Melo without trading Granger, Hibbert, or Collison....I would nominate Bird for GM of the Year even before the season starts

Really? Let's put that to the test...

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=56062

Would you do that deal?

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 07:18 PM

Would you do that deal?

i hope no one would do that deal lol

vnzla81
09-28-2010, 07:26 PM

Would you do that deal?

My proposed deal is different,

Denver sends: Melo, Nene

Indiana sends: Dunleavy, TJ, Paul George, Posey and two first round picks.

Indiana starting five: Collison, Melo, Danny, Nene, Hibbert, best starting five in the NBA? better than Miami or the Lakers? maybe?

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
My proposed deal is different,

Denver sends: Melo, Nene

Indiana sends: Dunleavy, TJ, Paul George, Posey and two first round picks.

Indiana starting five: Collison, Melo, Danny, Nene, Hibbert, best starting five in the NBA? better than Miami or the Lakers? maybe?

LOL denver would laugh and hang up on u. give them our garbage and PG and 2 first round picks for nene and melo lol i wih this trade happed melo might even sign an extension

why would they agree to take posey?

vnzla81
09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
LOL denver would laugh and hang up on u. give them our garbage and PG and 2 first round picks for nene and melo lol i wih this trade happed melo might even sign an extension

why would they agree to take posey?

They proposed New Jersey trade was going to give Denver D favors(potential) an expiring in AK47 (17mil) and two 1st round picks for Melo, my proposed trade is not far from that and they would also get expirings for Nene(maybe ad some second round picks and Rush or Hans).