PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Receiving Trade Interest On Crawford

ZepZach
09-28-2010, 11:25 AM
"Two teams have inquired with the Hawks about the availability of Jamal Crawford, according to a source.

Crawford is entering the final season of his current deal and therefore is interested in signing an extension, either with the Hawks or another team that can negotiate a trade."

Link (http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69321/20100928/hawks_receiving_trade_interest_on_crawford/#ixzz10q1PfEsh)

Could it be the Pacers? I hope so.

Hibbert
09-28-2010, 12:12 PM
"Two teams have inquired with the Hawks about the availability of Jamal Crawford, according to a source.

Crawford is entering the final season of his current deal and therefore is interested in signing an extension, either with the Hawks or another team that can negotiate a trade."

Link (http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69321/20100928/hawks_receiving_trade_interest_on_crawford/#ixzz10q1PfEsh)

Very possible. Both TJ and Solo or TJ and Rush work financially. Doubtful they would take the first one but I would do either in a heartbeat. Crawford can flat out score and that is one thing we could definetly use. His defense is not really there but would be major upgrade over DunDun and Rush is better off somewhere else. If TJ doesnt get traded very good chance he will be cut. I would love to see Crawford in a pacers jersey.

Eleazar
09-28-2010, 12:42 PM

Not if it means we have to sign him to an extension. I'd rather have him as a 1 year rental, and add some salary onto the Hawks to increase the chances of them not being able to re-sign Horford.

naptownmenace
09-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Dunleavy for Crawford. That would be a great trade...

for the Pacers.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Not if it means we have to sign him to an extension. I'd rather have him as a 1 year rental, and add some salary onto the Hawks to increase the chances of them not being able to re-sign Horford.

you dont have to sign ne 1 2 an extension lol

LoneGranger33
09-28-2010, 02:02 PM
In my opinion, Jamal Crawford is a chucker. I don't think we need that, and certainly not at the price of Brandon Rush.

MLB007
09-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Very possible. Both TJ and Solo or TJ and Rush work financially. Doubtful they would take the first one but I would do either in a heartbeat. Crawford can flat out score and that is one thing we could definetly use. His defense is not really there but would be major upgrade over DunDun and Rush is better off somewhere else. If TJ doesnt get traded very good chance he will be cut. I would love to see Crawford in a pacers jersey.

No defense but he's a major upgrade over Dunleavy?
I don't think so.

He's streaky as hell and a team disruptor on the floor.
He's no pg and way short for a 2. Can't guard anybody.
Take minutes from PG and AJ?
Pass

diamonddave00
09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm leery of trading for and then re-signing Jamal Crawford. He is currently making a little over 11 million, any long term deal would start at 12 mil plus , is he worth 3 years 40 million ? No he isn't.

Everyone has cried and moaned about Troy and Mike's deals ,star money for slightly above average talent (when healthy) why would the Pacers repeat this by trading for and re-signing Crawford?

I'll pass unless Crawford would agree to a greatly reduced yearly salary for long term security.

Hibbert
09-28-2010, 02:42 PM
No defense but he's a major upgrade over Dunleavy?
I don't think so.

He's streaky as hell and a team disruptor on the floor.
He's no pg and way short for a 2. Can't guard anybody.
Take minutes from PG and AJ?
Pass

You are right he is a sg, who said he is a pg? Dunleavy is no more than a sixth man, plays better off the bench, Crawford is starting material. His career high in points is 52, Dun's is 32. Neither plays much defense but teams would pay more attention to Crawford than they would Dun, creating more offense whether its through him or someone else. I think Mike's days are behind him and for one year I would rather see Jamal than Mike.

bulldog
09-28-2010, 02:47 PM
We had a thread about this before, but I'll repeat my stance that he's not worth trading for the amount that he likely wants to re-sign, and if he doesn't re-sign it's a bad idea to bring aboard an unhappy vet looking for a contract extension in a free agent year.

Eleazar
09-28-2010, 03:29 PM
you dont have to sign ne 1 2 an extension lol

This isn't a text or tweet you can type out your words completely.

Also I realize that, I was just to me it seemed like the original poster was ok with signing an extension, which to me isn't a good idea.

Anthem
09-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Color me uninterested.

Crawford is not going to help the Pacers win a lot of basketball games this year, and if his current salary is a guide his pay expectations for an extension are going to be way out of line.

CableKC
09-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Uhhh...what Anthem said. He wants an extension that the Pacers ( nor any other ) FO would want to pay.