PDA

View Full Version : NOW ARE MY BEARS LEGIT?

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 11:46 PM
3-0 beat the packers and we played badly(clark drop TD, D didnt play great,horrible tackling, no running game). The packers hurt them with all the yellow flags&turnovers. we could start 7-0 very easy next 4 games.

comments....

Basketball Fan
09-28-2010, 12:20 AM
In the NFC North? Probably

In the entire NFC? Too soon to tell

If anything this sets up a total letdown against the Giants on Sunday

pwee31
09-28-2010, 12:35 AM
I think they played well. Surprised they pulled it out tonight.

I think the Packers loss the game more than the Bears won the game, but a win is a win and that was a big win by the Bears. Hopefully no let downs

ChicagoJ
09-28-2010, 10:37 AM
No. They'll still got an 0-4 December coming thier way when their schedule gets tougher.

If they have a 9-3 start, they'll still finish 9-7.

Its a good thing the Packers were committing so many penalties that the Bears didn't actually have to complete any passes on their last drive.

Now, that defensive play for the last takeaway was a thing of real beauty. That was a great job by Briggs of making the stop while still holding him up long enough for Urlacher to make the play on the ball.

Sollozzo
09-28-2010, 11:24 AM
The Bears are 3-0 and their fans are ready to party like it's 2006 again.

Vikings
@ Dolphins
Eagles
@Lions
Patriots
@Vikings
Jets
@ Packers

Those are your final 8 games. I honestly don't see you coming out of that any better than 4-4 and could easily see that being 3-5. The 3-0 start of the season will be a distant memory by the time that rough stretch is over.

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
No, they are not. They are the Bears.

BPump33
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
I don't know about your Bears, but your Caps Lock key is legit.

Trader Joe
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Jay Cutler looked like he was itching to throw about 8 interceptions last night.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 11:54 AM
The Bears are 3-0 and their fans are ready to party like it's 2006 again.

Vikings
@ Dolphins
Eagles
@Lions
Patriots
@Vikings
Jets
@ Packers

Those are your final 8 games. I honestly don't see you coming out of that any better than 4-4 and could easily see that being 3-5. The 3-0 start of the season will be a distant memory by the time that rough stretch is over.

we have a very easy next 4 games should be 7-0 11 win should make the playoffs

Sollozzo
09-28-2010, 12:04 PM
we have a very easy next 4 games should be 7-0 11 win should make the playoffs

I wouldn't say next Sunday night's game at New York is "easy". The Giants were embarassed here on Sunday Night two weeks ago and just had a bad loss at home against Tennessee. If they have any pride at all they'll come out with some fire under their belly. The Seattle game could be tough too.

Slick Pinkham
09-28-2010, 12:11 PM
It's gonna be like the Broncos start last year.

The smoke & mirrors will eventually clear up and then reality will re-appear

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 12:31 PM
It's gonna be like the Broncos start last year.

The smoke & mirrors will eventually clear up and then reality will re-appear
That and Brian Buttlicker will get hurt again.

Mr_Smith
09-28-2010, 12:39 PM
The bears will eventually get back to their regularly scheduled program like the Texans did against the Cowboys.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 12:46 PM
That and Brian Buttlicker will get hurt again.

R U SERIOUS BRIAN "BEAST" BETTER THAN NE1 THECOLTS HAVE ON D

Since86
09-28-2010, 12:54 PM
That's a matter of opinion. But many of those on the Colt's defensive squad have a ring, and that's something Urlacher does not.

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 01:03 PM
YES I IS SERIUS DOOD. THECOLTS D HAVE WON ONE CHAMPSHIP IN 2 SUPPERBOWLS! URLAKERR HAV NOT.

Trader Joe
09-28-2010, 01:12 PM

Freeney
Mathis
Bethea
Bullitt
Brackett
Sanders

All guys with arguably superior careers or talent to Urlacher right now. Urlacher hasn't been the same since he was injured. And he was declining before that even

Psyren
09-28-2010, 01:15 PM
When did the Bears become yours?

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Freeney
Mathis
Bethea
Bullitt
Brackett
Sanders

All guys with arguably superior careers or talent to Urlacher right now. Urlacher hasn't been the same since he was injured. And he was declining before that even
You could even get away with taking Sanders out of that list, and it'd still be better.

duke dynamite
When did the Bears become yours?
http://product.images.fansedge.com/62-02/62-02946-F.jpg

cdash
Good lord the Bears fans are acting like they are Super Bowl bound. Even with a 3-0 start, I would be shocked if this team won any more than 9 games.

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Good lord the Bears fans are acting like they are Super Bowl bound. Even with a 3-0 start, I would be shocked if this team won any more than 9 games.
What do you expect? This is the same city where it's fans think the Cubs are going to the World Series each April.

Trader Joe
09-28-2010, 01:30 PM
What do you expect? This is the same city where it's fans think the Cubs are going to the World Series each April.

Go White Sox.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Freeney
Mathis
Bethea
Bullitt
Brackett
Sanders

lol i watch the bears and the colts every game this is laughable u must not watch Urlacher play he isnt declining(have u watched him this season? he is in on every play) he is healthy and better than every1 on that list LOL SANDERS DID HE PLAY TWO PLAYS THIS SEASON? AND LOL BULLITT AND LOL BRACKETT LOL MATHIS DWIGHT IS REALLY GOOD BUT THE REST ARE LAUGHABLE

Since86
09-28-2010, 02:00 PM
I hope when they wipe their tears away they don't cut themselves with that massive ring on their finger.

And I'm sure Jerome Bettis has nightmares thinking about when he carried Urlacher into the endzone during the SB.

HC
09-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't know what you mean by legit, but I guess they have a better team than anyone expected.

The win against Detroit was well....a loss

In the win against Dallas Chicago came away with 3 turnovers and only won by a score. That game was more about what Dallas didn't do than what Chicago did.

Green Bay had what 18 penalties last night? The Packers more or less beat themselves.

All that said, a win is a win, and I'm sure the Bears and their fans are plenty satisfied with where they are at for now, although I wouldn't hang my hat on it.

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
lol i watch the bears and the colts every game this is laughable u must not watch Urlacher play he isnt declining(have u watched him this season? he is in on every play) he is healthy and better than every1 on that list LOL SANDERS DID HE PLAY TWO PLAYS THIS SEASON? AND LOL BULLITT AND LOL BRACKETT LOL MATHIS DWIGHT IS REALLY GOOD BUT THE REST ARE LAUGHABLE
Post of the Year right here.

Man, this is great stuff. I want what he is having!

Slick Pinkham
09-28-2010, 02:47 PM
By the end of the year, my prediction is that the Steelers, Chiefs, and Bears will finish in that order for number of wins. The Chiefs might actually finish above the Steelers, since 4 games against the Ravens and Bengals will be a taller order than 4 games against the Chargers and Broncos (whereas the Browns = the Raiders). The Chiefs are transformed, mentally and scheme-wise from last year with Weis as OC, Crennel as DC, and their rookies.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 03:07 PM
I don't know what you mean by legit, but I guess they have a better team than anyone expected.

The win against Detroit was well....a loss

In the win against Dallas Chicago came away with 3 turnovers and only won by a score. That game was more about what Dallas didn't do than what Chicago did.

Green Bay had what 18 penalties last night? The Packers more or less beat themselves.

All that said, a win is a win, and I'm sure the Bears and their fans are plenty satisfied with where they are at for now, although I wouldn't hang my hat on it.

the bears played bad last night we left 10+ points out there Clark droped a TD on 4th down

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 03:08 PM
By the end of the year, my prediction is that the Steelers, Chiefs, and Bears will finish in that order for number of wins. The Chiefs might actually finish above the Steelers, since 4 games against the Ravens and Bengals will be a taller order than 4 games against the Chargers and Broncos (whereas the Browns = the Raiders). The Chiefs are transformed, mentally and scheme-wise from last year with Weis as OC, Crennel as DC, and their rookies.

Charlie is a hell of a coach and dexter McCluster is an X factor

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I hope when they wipe their tears away they don't cut themselves with that massive ring on their finger.

And I'm sure Jerome Bettis has nightmares thinking about when he carried Urlacher into the endzone during the SB.

when was that lol bears played the colts in the superbowl not the steelers ?

Shade
09-28-2010, 03:24 PM
No.

Trader Joe
09-28-2010, 03:34 PM

LOL MATHIS HAS BEEN JUST AS SUCCESSFUL AS DWIGHT LOL

BOB SANDERS WON DPOY BEFORE HIS INJURIES LOL LOL (OEN TIME THE SAME AMOUNT AS URLACHER LOLOL OLOL)

LOL I WOULD ABSOLUTELY TAKE BETHEA OVER URLACHER LOL OLOL OLOLLOLDHIHWONQIEDQIO!!!!!##@!#@!

BRACKETT ACTUALLY WON A SUPER BOWL AS A STARTING MLB LOLOLOLOL LOLOLOL AHAHIQHUDBNQBUDQUBNQUNWSI

WTF
BBQ

cdash
09-28-2010, 03:54 PM

As in, those three teams will have the most wins in the NFL, or just out of the three, they will end up in that order?

Pig Nash
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM
no

BPump33
Post of the Year right here.

Man, this is great stuff. I want what he is having!

My guess is whatever is on the cafeteria menu.

pacer4ever
LOL MATHIS HAS BEEN JUST AS SUCCESSFUL AS DWIGHT LOL

BOB SANDERS WON DPOY BEFORE HIS INJURIES LOL LOL (OEN TIME THE SAME AMOUNT AS URLACHER LOLOL OLOL)

LOL I WOULD ABSOLUTELY TAKE BETHEA OVER URLACHER LOL OLOL OLOLLOLDHIHWONQIEDQIO!!!!!##@!#@!

BRACKETT ACTUALLY WON A SUPER BOWL AS A STARTING MLB LOLOLOLOL LOLOLOL AHAHIQHUDBNQBUDQUBNQUNWSI

WTF
BBQ

LEARN FOOTBALL B4 U SPEAK LIKE THAT BRIAN AND RAY LEWIS ARE THE BEST LINEBACKERS HOW DARE U COMPARE BRACKETT TO BRIAN ,MATHIS SUCKS WHEN DWIGHT IS INJURED DWIGHT IS GOOD BUT HE WASNT EVEN LISTED HAS A TOP 5 DE PEPPERS MAID THAT LIST COME ON BOB SANDERS LOL THIS ISNT EVEN A FAIR FIGHT LOOK AT THE STATS AND GAME FOOTAGE
AND JULIUS IS DOING IT WITHOUT ANOTHER GOOD PASS RUSHER IN CHICAGO COME ON MAN

Since86
09-28-2010, 04:06 PM
when was that lol bears played the colts in the superbowl not the steelers ?

Idk why I put SB, but yeah....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1TSaKmG2o

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 04:08 PM
LEARN FOOTBALL B4 U SPEAK LIKE THAT BRIAN AND RAY LEWIS ARE THE BEST LINEBACKERS HOW DARE U COMPARE BRACKETT TO BRIAN ,MATHIS SUCKS WHEN DWIGHT IS INJURED DWIGHT IS GOOD BUT HE WASNT EVEN LISTED HAS A TOP 5 DE PEPPERS MAID THAT LIST COME ON BOB SANDERS LOL THIS ISNT EVEN A FAIR FIGHT LOOK AT THE STATS AND GAME FOOTAGE
Somebody's mom forgot to put milk in their Frosted Flakes this morning.

Good God, dude. Get a grip. Mathis and Freeney are the among the best defensive ends in the league. Where have the Bears been since 2006?

Bears
2006 13-3 NFC North Champions, NFC Champions, Lost Super Bowl 41
2007 7-9 DNQ for Playoffs
2008 9-7 DNQ for Playoffs
2009 7-9 DNQ for Playoffs

Colts
2006 12-4 AFC South Champions, AFC Champions, Won Super Bowl 41
2007 13-3 AFC South Champions, lost Divisional Round (Bob Sanders DPOY)
2008 12-4 Lost Wildcard
2009 14-2 AFC South Champions, AFC Champions, Lost Super Bowl 44

As you can see by the table above, the Bears flat-out suck. Urlacher has lead the Bears to nothing but mediocrity over the past decade. The Colts have had 7 consecutive seasons of 12 or more wins.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Somebody's mom forgot to put milk in their Frosted Flakes this morning.

Good God, dude. Get a grip. Mathis and Freeney are the among the best defensive ends in the league. Where have the Bears been since 2006?

Bears
2006 13-3 NFC North Champions, NFC Champions, Lost Super Bowl 41
2007 7-9 DNQ for Playoffs
2008 9-7 DNQ for Playoffs
2009 7-9 DNQ for Playoffs

Colts
2006 12-4 AFC South Champions, AFC Champions, Won Super Bowl 41
2007 13-3 AFC South Champions, lost Divisional Round
2008 12-4 Lost Wildcard
2009 14-2 AFC South Champions, AFC Champions, Lost Super Bowl 44
we are talking about indviual players and Brian is better than Dwight im talking all time. But when dwight went down with an injury mathis became degated and ne 1 who says gary brackett is better than brian is ill that is just unreal. When brian got hurt are D stunk now that he is back it is way better thats all i am sayin good sir

Trader Joe
09-28-2010, 04:15 PM
LEARN FOOTBALL B4 U SPEAK LIKE THAT
I'm praying for the day you will learn how to speak, period.

BRIAN AND RAY LEWIS ARE THE BEST LINEBACKERS HOW DARE U COMPARE BRACKETT TO BRIAN
If this was 2006, I would agree with you.

MATHIS SUCKS WHEN DWIGHT IS INJURED DWIGHT IS GOOD BUT HE WASNT EVEN LISTED HAS A TOP 5 DE PEPPERS MAID THAT LIST COME ON BOB SANDERS LOL THIS ISNT EVEN A FAIR FIGHT LOOK AT THE STATS AND GAME FOOTAGE

I can't control that some idiot who made a top 5 list left off the most dominant defensive lineman since 2002.

Look at the stats? Well if you insist, I'll try to make it nice and clear for you.

In 2008, the last year Urlacher played a full season, he played in 16 games. Gary Brackett played in 12 games. In that season Brian Urlacher had 93 tackles, Gary Brackett had 99 tackles in 4 less games. Does that make sense? Stop me if I'm going too fast for you. By my calculation, in the last season both LBs were healthy, Brackett was by far the more effective linebacker.

Julius Peppers is a pretty good player, in fact I'd venture to say he's better than Urlacher. However, he has not been better than Dwight Freeney. They came into the league at the same time, in that period of time Freeney has 87 sacks to Peppers 82 and Freeney has forced 38 fumbles to Peppers 31. Both of them had an off year in 2007, strangely enough, but Freeney still ended with one more sack in 5 less games. How are the stats looking so far? Good, I hope.

Now let's compare Mathis to Peppers. First we must realize that Mathis came into the league a year after Peppers. Since Mathis came into the league, he has posted 67 sacks. During that same time period Peppers sacked the QB 70 times. So yes a slight edge for Julius. However, during this same time period Mathis has forced a league leading and absolutely absurd total of 36 fumbles. Peppers during this same period of time has produced only 26.

I'd say if anything has been proven true by the stats (and they certainly don't tell the whole story), it's that they support my argument much better than yours.

Yeah, and it shows, in three games this season, he has one sack. Dwight has 3 sacks and Mathis has 4.

Trader Joe
09-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Also, please support the statement that Mathis was not as effective when Dwight went down injured because frankly, I'm calling bull**** on that one. If you truly watched the Colts you would know there are plenty of times during a game when both of these guys are not on the field at the same time.

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 04:18 PM
we are talking about indviual players and Brian is better than Dwight im talking all time. But when dwight went down with an injury mathis became degated and ne 1 who says gary brackett is better than brian is ill that is just unreal. When brian got hurt are D stunk now that he is back it is way better thats all i am sayin good sir
Mathis became degated? What in the Hell does that mean?

I think you just need to take the rose-colored glasses off.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 04:18 PM

I can't control that some idiot who made a top 5 list left off the most dominant defensive lineman since 2002.

Look at the stats? Well if you insist, I'll try to make it nice and clear for you.

In 2008, the last year Urlacher played a full season, he played in 16 games. Gary Brackett played in 12 games. In that season Brian Urlacher had 93 tackles, Gary Brackett had 99 tackles in 4 less games. Does that make sense? Stop me if I'm going too fast for you. By my calculation, in the last season both LBs were healthy, Brackett was by far the more effective linebacker.

Julius Peppers is a pretty good player, in fact I'd venture to say he's better than Urlacher. However, he has not been better than Dwight Freeney. They came into the league at the same time, in that period of time Freeney has 87 sacks to Peppers 82 and Freeney has forced 38 fumbles to Peppers 31. Both of them had an off year in 2007, strangely enough, but Freeney still ended with one more sack in 5 less games. How are the stats looking so far? Good, I hope.

Now let's compare Mathis to Peppers. First we must realize that Mathis came into the league a year after Peppers. Since Mathis came into the league, he has posted 67 sacks. During that same time period Peppers sacked the QB 70 times. So yes a slight edge for Julius. However, during this same time period Mathis has forced a league leading and absolutely absurd total of 36 fumbles. Peppers during this same period of time has produced only 26.

I'd say if anything has been proven true by the stats (and they certainly don't tell the whole story), it's that they support my argument much better than yours.

Yeah, and it shows, in three games this season, he has one sack. Dwight has 3 sacks and Mathis has 4.

sacks arent all that matters he injured stafford which suck but he blocked a field goal and puts pressur on the QB

and that idiot is one of the best sports writer

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 04:21 PM

Since I can only thank a post once..

THANK YOU!!!

Trader Joe
09-28-2010, 04:21 PM
sacks arent all that matters he injured stafford which suck but he blocked a field goal and puts pressur on the QB

and that idiot is one of the best sports writer

Well with a well thought out response like this one, I guess I'll just have to agree with you...

BRIAN URLACCKKKERRRRRR 4 PREZIDANT

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Mathis became degated? What in the Hell does that mean?

I think you just need to take the rose-colored glasses off.

i watch the colts 16 games a year and the bears 16 times aa year what i am saying is if u take Brian off the Bears we suck on D for ur team one guy isnt as important ok When the guy said brian sucks that is just wrong im sry and he isnt declining if u would just watch the games ok

Day-V
09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
LEARN FOOTBALL B4 U SPEAK LIKE THAT
Learn English before you speak.

BRIAN AND RAY LEWIS ARE THE BEST LINEBACKERS
I'd take Patrick Willis over Urlacher. Hell, one could make a case for Jon Beason at this point.

DWIGHT IS GOOD BUT HE WASNT EVEN LISTED HAS A TOP 5 DE PEPPERS MAID THAT LIST COME ON
Freeney never quit on his team. And that list you're referring to was referring to the Top 5 DE's over the next 5 years. And it was Peter King who made that list. If you actually take what Peter King says seriously, you're about as intelligent as your grammar (or lack there of) makes you out to be.

BOB SANDERS LOL THIS ISNT EVEN A FAIR FIGHT LOOK AT THE STATS AND GAME FOOTAGE
Bob Sanders's presence single-handedly carried us through the playoffs and won us a Super Bowl. But I'm sure you wouldn't have remembered, since that game started way past your bedtime.

You just said Mathis sucks.....

Trader Joe
Look Urlacher is declining he's been declining since 2008. He's played the Packers, Cowboys, and Lions so far. Three teams with terrible rushing offenses.

You can say he is not and you will continue to be wrong. Look at the drop off in his production from 2007 to 2008. I'm not making **** up here.

In 2006 Urlacher was one of the best, if not the best, he isn't anymore. Get over it.

duke dynamite
i watch the colts 16 games a year and the bears 16 times aa year what i am saying is if u take Brian off the Bears we suck on D for ur team one guy isnt as important ok Whe the guy said brian sucks that is just wrong im sry and he isnt declining if u would just watch the games ok
You said the word "degated". You didn't answer my question. When Firefox puts a ton of pretty red dots under a word you typed, that tells me that it's either misspelled, or not even a word. What is even worse is when Firefox doesn't even have a replacement for that word.

Anyway, if you are only watching 16 Colts games a year, then you are missing out on a few games a season.

That is pretty much all I got out of that train wreck of a response of yours.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 04:28 PM
You said the word "degated". You didn't answer my question. When Firefox puts a ton of pretty red dots under a word you typed, that tells me that it's either misspelled, or not even a word. What is even worse is when Firefox doesn't even have a replacement for that word.

Anyway, if you are only watching 16 Colts games a year, then you are missing out on a few games a season.

That is pretty much all I got out of that train wreck of a response of yours.

o my bad negated lol i am bad typer i look down far to much

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah, ha ha, lol. Lol, dude. :rolleyes:

What High School do you go to?

Day-V
09-28-2010, 04:30 PM

Looking down and seeing the actual letters you are pressing makes you a slow typer, not a bad typer.

Quit trying to make up excuses for your illiteracy.

pacer4ever
Yeah, ha ha, lol. Lol, dude. :rolleyes:

i watch the playoofs to i like the colts im just saying that brian is the heart and soul of my fav team the bears

duke dynamite
Looking down and seeing the actual letters you are pressing makes you a slow typer, not a bad typer.

Quit trying to make up excuses for your illiteracy.
This thread has made the rest of my day just fly by.

cdash
09-28-2010, 04:35 PM
This is a fun thread. I'm having fun. Go horse.

Flibertygibits
09-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Three weeks is a little early for a victory lap isn't it?

Day-V
09-28-2010, 04:40 PM
I just don't think the Bears can make a consistant run throughout the season with Cutler as their QB. Dude has the itchiest of trigger fingers, and plays way too wrecklessly. For every beautiful pass, he has an INT that was thrown into triple coverage. For every great game there's a 3 INT one. You know who that reminds me of?

Rex Grossman.

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Three weeks is a little early for a victory lap isn't it?
Not for pacer4ever. He's a firecracker crashing and burning. It's all or nothing for that dude.

Day-V
09-28-2010, 04:42 PM
I wonder how quickly his name will change to bulls4ever when the season starts and the Bulls become the top team in the Central?

SoupIsGood
09-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Urlacher isn't even the best LB on his own team. At best the third-best player on the Bears defense. Willis and Ryan are better middle LBs. Who cares?

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I wonder how quickly his name will change to bulls4ever when the season starts and the Bulls become the top team in the Central?
Soon.

Flibertygibits
09-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Not for pacer4ever. He's a firecracker crashing and burning. It's all or nothing for that dude.

I used to think my brother was bad after he forgot to take his meds, this is a whole new arena...

Two to three weeks assuming he can hold his wad that long. Then it will be "I watch the Bulls and Pacers 82 games a year".

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 04:50 PM
I used to think my brother was bad after he forgot to take his meds, this is a whole new arena...

Two to three weeks assuming he can hold his wad that long. Then it will be "I watch the Bulls and Pacers 82 games a year".
Ha!

Natston
09-28-2010, 05:10 PM
How many "ARE THE BAERS LEGT?" threads do we need? It seems we're going to get one after each win...

Day-V
09-28-2010, 05:12 PM
How many "ARE THE BAERS LEGT?" threads do we need? It seems we're going to get one after each win...

So we're only going to have 4 more, you say?

I can live with that.

Natston
09-28-2010, 05:16 PM
So we're only going to have 4 more, you say?

I can live with that.

By my count that would be five too many, what was so wrong with this thread?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=56632

Day-V
09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
By my count that would be five too many, what was so wrong with this thread?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=56632

I was simply trying to imply that the Bears are only going to win 7 games this year. ;)

Natston
09-28-2010, 05:24 PM
OMG I GOT UR POINT I WAS SIMPY TRYIN 2 IMPLY DAT WE DONT NEED SEV7N BEARS THREDS

Trader Joe
09-28-2010, 05:27 PM
WE NEEDZ MOAR BRIAN URLACKER THRADS

ChicagoJ
09-28-2010, 05:35 PM

Regular season game.

Still my all-time favorite regular season NFL play. :D Thanks for the reminder.
:buddies:

As to the larger tangent in this thread, I think Briggs is the only starter on the Bears defense that could start for the Steelers defense. He could be our #4 LB after Harrison, Woodley and Timmons. But that's primarily because James Farrior is 35 years old and starting to show his age.

Slick Pinkham
09-28-2010, 05:38 PM
As in, those three teams will have the most wins in the NFL, or just out of the three, they will end up in that order?

just those 3 with the fastest start

I see the Bears finishing at about 8-8

Chiefs 10-6 or even 11-5

Steelers 11-5 or 12-4

ChicagoJ
09-28-2010, 05:45 PM

Post of the day.

This is... an "interesting" town when it comes to sports.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I was simply trying to imply that the Bears are only going to win 7 games this year. ;)

we should start 7-0 how are we just gonna win 7 games lol

Shade
09-28-2010, 06:48 PM

It's clear to me that the real defensive presence here is the caps lock key.

Trader Joe
09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Wilbon said it best on PTI this afternoon (and he's a Bears fan). The Bears are 2-1. They already lost to the Lions and got bailed out by a bad rule, not by a good defensive play.

As far as the Bears winning their next 4 games, well, I'll believe that when I see it.

vapacersfan
09-28-2010, 06:55 PM
This thread is gold.

THE REDSKINS ARE GOING TO WIN EVERY GAME HERE OUT AND WIN THE SUPERBOWl.

ALSO, DAN SNYDER IS GOING TO GIVE ME FREE TOUCHDOWN CLUB SEATS AND ALLOW ME TO RUN TEH TEAM FO R A YEAR!

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Wilbon said it best on PTI this afternoon (and he's a Bears fan). The Bears are 2-1. They already lost to the Lions and got bailed out by a bad rule, not by a good defensive play.

As far as the Bears winning their next 4 games, well, I'll believe that when I see it.

@ Giants 7:20 PM
Sun. 10 @ Panthers
Sun. 17 SEAHAWKS
Sun. 24 REDSKIN

they should win at least 3 of them i am just happy we are winning right away i thoght we might start off really really bad like 0-6. I thoght we would win 4-7 games this season because Cutler had to learn mike martz new system and a bad O line and WR core. I am more suprised then anything

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 07:12 PM
This thread is gold.

THE REDSKINS ARE GOING TO WIN EVERY GAME HERE OUT AND WIN THE SUPERBOWl.

ALSO, DAN SNYDER IS GOING TO GIVE ME FREE TOUCHDOWN CLUB SEATS AND ALLOW ME TO RUN TEH TEAM FO R A YEAR!

lol that would be sweet he might give u free tickets the man is really rich lol.

ChicagoJ
09-29-2010, 12:21 AM
I am more suprised then anything

YOU NEED TO LOOK AGAIN AT THE QUALITY OF YOUR FIRST THREE OPPONENTS. IF YOU WERE 1-2 AGAINST THE LIONS (@ HOME), COWBOYS (overrated), AND PACKERS (MNF @ HOME), YOU'D BE STARING AT ANOTHER 5-11 OR 6-10 SEASON.

EVEN WITH SAYING THAT I THINK THE BEARS ARE CLOSE TO A 0.500 TEAM, I KNEW THEY'D GET OFF TO A GOOD START. A FEW OF THE MORE-SOPHISTICATED FOLKS AROUND HERE (ONES THAT REALIZE THAT THERE ARE 31 OTHER TEAMS AND THAT NFC UTTERLY SUCKS RELATIVE TO THE AFC) THINK THEY ARE SETTING THEMSELVES UP TO BE THIS YEARS' BRONCOS: START 6-0; MISS PLAYOFFS. THAT'S POSSIBLE, AS THE GIANTS AND PANTHERS ARE BOTH PRETTY BAD. STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF SEAHAWKS YET.

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 12:42 AM
YOU NEED TO LOOK AGAIN AT THE QUALITY OF YOUR FIRST THREE OPPONENTS. IF YOU WERE 1-2 AGAINST THE LIONS (@ HOME), COWBOYS (overrated), AND PACKERS (MNF @ HOME), YOU'D BE STARING AT ANOTHER 5-11 OR 6-10 SEASON.

EVEN WITH SAYING THAT I THINK THE BEARS ARE CLOSE TO A 0.500 TEAM, I KNEW THEY'D GET OFF TO A GOOD START. A FEW OF THE MORE-SOPHISTICATED FOLKS AROUND HERE (ONES THAT REALIZE THAT THERE ARE 31 OTHER TEAMS AND THAT NFC UTTERLY SUCKS RELATIVE TO THE AFC) THINK THEY ARE SETTING THEMSELVES UP TO BE THIS YEARS' BRONCOS: START 6-0; MISS PLAYOFFS. THAT'S POSSIBLE, AS THE GIANTS AND PANTHERS ARE BOTH PRETTY BAD. STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF SEAHAWKS YET.

u are full of it saying i knew they would start off good u think they would be 3-0 u are just ugg not even worth my time

Suaveness
09-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Post of the day.

This is... an "interesting" town when it comes to sports.

Pretty much. I think my highlight was being around for the Colts SB win, when everyone was screaming that the Bears were the greatest team ever to play (can't seem to get over that '85 team). I just don't understand that city. If you suck, act like it please.

The Bears will do ok for awhile, but they will not win their division, and if they do get into the playoffs, they won't be around for awhile. They should have lost to Detroit, and GB pretty much beat themselves. GB is still the better team.

SoupIsGood
09-29-2010, 07:32 AM
Peppers wouldn't start over brett Keisel?

ChicagoJ
09-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Peppers wouldn't start over brett Keisel?

Maybe. Peppers is a damn fine player. You know, he's only been here for three games so I just spaced out about him when I made the Briggs comment.

Keisel and Peppers bring different things. Peppers has better "stats", but in LeBeau's system Keisel does exactly what is needed. Peppers would not put up the same stats for LeBeau, as LeBeau intends for the down linemen to attract double teams to free up his LBs. But damn... Woodley and Timmons would look like mega-monsters behind Peppers.

SoupIsGood
09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
That's a good point. I think it'd be hard to keep Peppers happy in that system.

I wish the Colts had a player like Casey Hampton.

ChicagoJ
09-29-2010, 11:17 AM
You can't have him. :tongue:

Edit... wait... that wasn't right. Let try that again.

YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM. :tongue:

WAS THAT BETTER?

Trader Joe
09-29-2010, 11:36 AM
YU CONT HAEV HE

Would have been more appropriate for this thread.

Sollozzo
09-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Being surrounded by obnoxious Bears fans during my freshman year at IU (the year the Colts beat them in the SB) was enough to sour me on them for eternity. I saw more jerseys around campus that year than I did the next 3 years combined.

vapacersfan
09-29-2010, 11:41 AM
This thead depresses me

The Redskins suck, and short of me buying the team that is not going to change any time soon.

And I am a sucker. I just got 2 tickets for my girlfriend at midfield for the Giants game in Jan.

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 11:49 AM
This thead depresses me

The Redskins suck, and short of me buying the team that is not going to change any time soon.

And I am a sucker. I just got 2 tickets for my girlfriend at midfield for the Giants game in Jan.

that should be a good game. I went last year to my Bears @ the bengals i had fun was pissed and we lost by almost 40 lol but it will still be fun tro watch

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Being surrounded by obnoxious Bears fans during my freshman year at IU (the year the Colts beat them in the SB) was enough to sour me on them for eternity. I saw more jerseys around campus that year than I did the next 3 years combined.

i where my jerseys 3 times a week no matter the record or how we are doing lol

Trader Joe
09-29-2010, 11:50 AM
i where my jerseys 3 times a week no matter the record or how we are doing lol

SERIOUSLY?!?!

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
SERIOUSLY?!?!

wear* is that better just get over it

Slick Pinkham
09-29-2010, 12:55 PM
I learnt how two reed and right reel good in Indyanapulus publik skools.

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 01:36 PM
I learnt how two reed and right reel good in Indyanapulus publik skools.

na warren central where it be

duke dynamite
09-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Bloomington's love for Chicago sports teams (except the Sox), baffles me.

duke dynamite
09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
na warren central where it be
I'm going to call in and complain to Warren Central's administration because their doing a ****-poor job at teaching their kids.

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm going to call in and complain to Warren Central's administration because their doing a ****-poor job at teaching their kids.

lol st8 As ill mail u my report card if u want

duke dynamite
09-29-2010, 03:12 PM
lol st8 As ill mail u my report card if u want
This must be one of those special schools they tell you about on the news...

Anyway...

I would give you my address, but even if I typed it all out for you, your report card still wouldn't make it to my mailbox.

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 03:23 PM
This must be one of those special schools they tell you about on the news...

Anyway...

I would give you my address, but even if I typed it all out for you, your report card still wouldn't make it to my mailbox.

I am very smart sir. I chose to type in text form that is how i talk online. If you dont like it just dont read it. I do have a mild spelling/grammer disorder, but i take pretty tuff classes one AP class even.

vapacersfan
09-29-2010, 03:36 PM
That last post was graet

We all have minor disorders, hell my g.f. says I have some major ones. Just take your time and remember not to type everything in caps and you will be ok as far as I am concerned.

As far as the Giants Redskins game, for the amount I am paying for tickets and for the Tailgate Club pre-game festivities, I better have snyder polishing my shoes and making me braekfast........for a month.

Then again I am the sucker who keeps buying tickets (and who has season tickets) and I love going to the games (that when win)

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 03:40 PM
That last post was graet

We all have minor disorders, hell my g.f. says I have some major ones. Just take your time and remember not to type everything in caps and you will be ok as far as I am concerned.

As far as the Giants Redskins game, for the amount I am paying for tickets and for the Tailgate Club pre-game festivities, I better have snyder polishing my shoes and making me braekfast........for a month.

Then again I am the sucker who keeps buying tickets (and who has season tickets) and I love going to the games (that when win)

lol it will be fun i love tailgating

cramerica
09-29-2010, 03:51 PM
The Bears may make the playoffs but I caution any team's fan not to get too excited. Remember last years Bronco's? 6-0 start, only to miss the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2009.htm

Sollozzo
09-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Bloomington's love for Chicago sports teams (except the Sox), baffles me.

It's because there are so many people from Chicago/Northern Indiana who attend IU.

Since86
09-29-2010, 04:15 PM
AP Underwater Basket Weaving based on Warren Central's usual curriculum.

Is this really how you want to treat people? I get the bantering back and forth, and I think he's been a pretty good sport about the whole thing. Reading posts in text messaging form irrates me too, but I deal with it by either taking the extra few minutes and deciphering it, or I just ignore it and move on.

I think he's handled the situation on the main forum quite admirably, to be honest. He's had every right to pack up and move on, and even has the right to label this place as ******** etc.

You're better than that comment.

I don't want to come off like your mom scolding you, but I just don't think it's anyone's place to crack jokes at anyone's intelligence level or atleast their writing level.

Everyone hates feeling left out of cliques, even if you don't want to admit it. I just think it sends the wrong message. The purpose of the board is supposed to be all inclusive, and I seriously doubt he feels welcome.

Trader Joe
09-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Is this really how you want to treat people? I get the bantering back and forth, and I think he's been a pretty good sport about the whole thing. Reading posts in text messaging form irrates me too, but I deal with it by either taking the extra few minutes and deciphering it, or I just ignore it and move on.

I think he's handled the situation on the main forum quite admirably, to be honest. He's had every right to pack up and move on, and even has the right to label this place as ******** etc.

I don't want to come off like your mom scolding you, but I just don't think it's anyone's place to crack jokes at anyone's intelligence level or atleast their writing level.

Everyone hates feeling left out of cliques, even if you don't want to admit it. I just think it sends the wrong message. The purpose of the board is supposed to be all inclusive, and I seriously doubt he feels welcome.

Fair point. I was just having a little fun as someone that attended high school in Indy.

I'll delete it though.

Justin Tyme
09-29-2010, 06:43 PM
I've never posted on the Colts board b4, seldom/hardly have ever read it, but being a "life long" BEARS fan, long b4 most all on this board were a twinkle in your father's eye, I will say that there are some obnoxious Colts fan's comments in this thread. I've gone thru the days of great Bears "D" with no offensive when a .500 season was a GREAT year. I remember season after season for decades when the Bears never had a decent QB with the likes of Bobby Douglas, etc. When the only "O" was Walter or Gayle. I remember loving to watch the Bears great "D" punish teams with players 99% of you have never heard of b4. BUT then I remember the Bears winning "2 Super Bowls" in 63 and 85 with Wade and McMahon as QB.

Now, I'll put in my 2 cents. Other than Peyton, who was the other QB to win a SB for the Colts? Some have laughed with their smugness at the Colts beating the Bears in the SB, but I didn't see anyone mentioning Drew carving up the Colts in last years SB with hitting something like 34 out of 39 passes. Why is that?

As far as the city of Chicago, I remember when they had 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, a hockey team, and a NBA team. I was cheering for the Go Go Sox with Nellie, Luis, Sherm, Jumping Jim, etc when got embarrassed by the Dodgers in the World Series while all the City of Indianapolis had was the Indians, an AAA affilate of the Cleveland Indians.

I remember all too well the laughing stock early Pacers teams of the NBA, and all those SIX NBA championships the CHICAGO Bulls have. So lets not knock the city of Chicago with their Bear SB wins and Bulls NBA championchips. Nor the fact that the Cubs have some of the loyalists fans in sports. If only Indianapolis could brag like Chicago can, we all would have smiles on our faces.

Just remember the early Colts seasons, and then ask yourselves who is going to replace Peyton in the future. Just enjoy what you have had b/c it won't last. The Colts are one injury away from being mediocre at best.

The Colts are never going to win another SB until they get a "D" that can stop teams from scoring. Colts couldn't prior to the SB win, and they can't now. I've seen too much O'Brien philosophy of little "D" and trying to just outscore their opponents. If the Colts are to ever win another SB with Manning, they had better put together "D" that can stop teams, b/c they don't have it now.

Let the Bears fans revel in their 3-0 record as long as they can. I can guarantee from being a life time Bears fan it's better than being 0-3.

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 07:00 PM

There will always be people out there who pick on people and try to make them self look better. Thanks for the post i try to ingnore ignorance. This world is full of it I am ignorant all the time. it is just part of life unfortunately. It is a very good life lesson good post man.

Please dont dis Warren it is a very good school it gets a bad rap. but we have great teachers and Some students who want to learn get taught.

hoosierguy
09-29-2010, 08:15 PM
As far as the city of Chicago, I remember when they had 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, a hockey team, and a NBA team. I was cheering for the Go Go Sox with Nellie, Luis, Sherm, Jumping Jim, etc when got embarrassed by the Dodgers in the World Series while all the City of Indianapolis had was the Indians, an AAA affilate of the Cleveland Indians.

I remember all too well the laughing stock early Pacers teams of the NBA, and all those SIX NBA championships the CHICAGO Bulls have. So lets not knock the city of Chicago with their Bear SB wins and Bulls NBA championchips. Nor the fact that the Cubs have some of the loyalists fans in sports. If only Indianapolis could brag like Chicago can, we all would have smiles on our faces.

Big deal. Chicago is a bigger city than Indianapolis, thus it has more pro sports teams that have been around longer. That is nothing to bag about.

The Cubs are a joke of a franchise. The White Sox went 88 years between WS championships, the Blackhawks went 50 years between Stanley Cup titles, and the Bears are a middle of the pack NFL franchise. What have the Bulls done since Jordan? The Bulls of the past decade make the early 80s Pacers look pretty good in comparison.

The Colts won more games than any team in NFL history over the span of a decade, have an NFL record SEVEN consecutive seasons of 12 or more wins, and the greatest QB of all time. I know that pisses off Bears fans since theirs is a franchise associated more than any other with crappy QB play.

Indy has become a shining star of the Midwest while Chicago chokes on its chronic congestion, corruption, and high taxes.

Really?
09-29-2010, 08:28 PM
lol I know I'm probably late but the D is Legit, but the O will hold you guys up, mainly the running game and Cutler throwing pics... he tried to hold it together the first two games but he couldn't resist throwing a couple of wild and forced balls the last game...

SoupIsGood
09-29-2010, 08:30 PM
I think p4e's take on the bears is mostly goofy/insane--though I think they're better than some in this thread suggest--but his recent post about grammar/usage was dead-on. Dissing his education is stupid, and associating one's use of Standard Written English (ie Standard White English) with one's intelligence is even worse. You can question his rhetorical choice of typing in textspeak on a message board--especially this message board, one that rarely deviates from SWE--but people intentionlly speak in "non-standard" dialects all the time, and for reasons very seldomly associated w/ intelligence lol

Slick Pinkham
09-29-2010, 09:22 PM
The Colts won more REGULAR SEASON games than any team in NFL history over the span of a decade, have an NFL record SEVEN consecutive seasons of 12 or more wins, and the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB of all time.

fixed the important omissions

Stryder
09-29-2010, 10:13 PM
THATS HOW 'PACER4EVER' LEAVES HIS LYFE NOW. LET"S PLESE MOEV ON.

:)

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 10:44 PM
lol I know I'm probably late but the D is Legit, but the O will hold you guys up, mainly the running game and Cutler throwing pics... he tried to hold it together the first two games but he couldn't resist throwing a couple of wild and forced balls the last game...

ya cutler just needs to maker smarter throws no triple cover.

pacer4ever
09-29-2010, 10:45 PM
fixed the important omissions

thats great do u want a cookie??

ChicagoJ
09-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Every summer, whether they are going to be any good or not, the Bears marketing arm (commonly known as the Chicago Tribune) begins talking them up as Super Bowl contenders.

Look, I get that Bears fans love thier team. That's admirable. But they're pretty stupid about thier enthusiasm, too. (Kordell Stewart was the answer to their problems at the beginning of the decade, remember?)

I would welcome the opportunity for more football conversations with actual real-live people in Chicago if the conversations every year weren't the same: "The Packers SUCK! Brett Favre is a choker. I don't know what's wrong with the Bears, they've got the talent this year to win it all, they just need an X."

When the reality is this, X = offensive line, defensive line, secondary, QB, recievers, AND running back.

Ugh.

cdash
09-30-2010, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I can't speak without bias in this thread. Like Adam, I was at IU during the Colts/Bears Super Bowl year, and those fans were ****ing asshats. My roommate was a typical obnoxious Bears fan and still owes me $100 from that game. When me and my other roommates would throw facts at him, he would delve into attacking the city of Indianapolis and talking about all the titles Chicago has won in all sports, etc. Very similar to the Justin Tyme post above.

pacer4ever
09-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I can't speak without bias in this thread. Like Adam, I was at IU during the Colts/Bears Super Bowl year, and those fans were ****ing asshats. My roommate was a typical obnoxious Bears fan and still owes me $100 from that game. When me and my other roommates would throw facts at him, he would delve into attacking the city of Indianapolis and talking about all the titles Chicago has won in all sports, etc. Very similar to the Justin Tyme post above.

rex grossman should of won MVP for that game he helped the colts so much lol I still have nightmares about that game.

pacer4ever
09-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Every summer, whether they are going to be any good or not, the Bears marketing arm (commonly known as the Chicago Tribune) begins talking them up as Super Bowl contenders.

Look, I get that Bears fans love thier team. That's admirable. But they're pretty stupid about thier enthusiasm, too. (Kordell Stewart was the answer to their problems at the beginning of the decade, remember?)

I would welcome the opportunity for more football conversations with actual real-live people in Chicago if the conversations every year weren't the same: "The Packers SUCK! Brett Favre is a choker. I don't know what's wrong with the Bears, they've got the talent this year to win it all, they just need an X."

When the reality is this, X = offensive line, defensive line, secondary, QB, recievers, AND running back.

Ugh.

i did not like Kordell Stewart at all i actually liked orton the best. but i understand why they traded for cutler. They should of kept kyle and traded for bradon marshall and some o line help. We wont be real contenders till we adress our O line and Wr core and fire Lovie. the colts would injury cutler after a Qt because of the pass rush. Lovie would of cost us the gm wk 1 if we lost with all the dumb play callin

Justin Tyme
09-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Big deal. Chicago is a bigger city than Indianapolis, thus it has more pro sports teams that have been around longer. That is nothing to bag about.

The Colts won more games than any team in NFL history over the span of a decade, have an NFL record SEVEN consecutive seasons of 12 or more wins, and the greatest QB of all time. I know that pisses off Bears fans since theirs is a franchise associated more than any other with crappy QB play.

I guess SA is bigger than Indy too, right? How many NBA championships do they have? They won those while the Pacers had something like 17 years in the playoffs.

Milwaukee is bigger too right? NBA & WS championships.

Not to mention that HUGH metropolitan city of Green Bay with their SB wins.
Just in case you haven't got it figured out, size hasn't anything to do with it.

With all those 7 CONSECUTIVE seasons of 12 or more wins, that doesn't say much for Peyton's "ONE" SB win. Now, does it? He was the Fran Tarkington 2.0 b4 winning the SB. It took him 7 trys to get that monkey off his back.

I was born in Naptown, and I like Indy, but they have a difficult time supporting sports franchises. People have wanted a MLB team in Indy ever since I can remember, long b4 the Pacers and Colts, but the cold hard facts is INDIANAPOLIS can't support one. The truth is Indy has a hard time supporting the Colts and Pacers now, and we all know it.

Chicago has it's problems, but lets face it so does Indy. There are areas of Indy I don't feel comfortable with visiting without being accompanied by my friends Smith-Wesson. And your comment about Chicago's traffic is spot on. I hate having to drive in Chicago where they drive with one foot on the gas and the other foot on the brake. Where you don't dare allow 2 car lengths between you and the car in front of you unless you want a driver to pull in that space and then hit the brakes. AND if at all possible NEVER during rush hour!

Just remember, it's great being a Colts fan, but don't look down your nose through rose colored glasses at Bears fans... there are more of US, we've been around longer, and the BEARS have more SB wins. This is the team that GH owned, coached, and didn't sneak into Chicago in Mayflower vans.

I'll retire back to the Pacers forum now that I've made my comments about my beloved BEARS. Carry on troops and have a GREAT DAY!

Since86
09-30-2010, 12:38 PM
And right there is exactly why I can't stand Bears' fans.

Sollozzo
09-30-2010, 12:45 PM

Congratulations. You have shown us all that the 3rd largest US city (and 26th largest area in the entire world) is superior to Indianapolis. Well done. Had I not read your post, I would have continued to ignorantly hold Chicago and Indy on equal footing. Thanks for straightening things out.

Trader Joe
09-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Congratulations. You have shown us all that the 3rd largest US city (and 26th largest area in the entire world) is superior to Indianapolis. sort of. Well done. Had I not read your post, I would have continued to ignorantly hold Chicago and Indy on equal footing. Thanks for straightening things out.

Fixed.

Honestly, the only other major metro area I would want to be around right now from a business stand point is Charlotte. Indy is growing at a rapid amazing pace, the JW Marriott downtown is proof of this and will arguably be one of the nicest hotels in the world upon completion. Indy will be hosting a Super Bowl, will Chicago? I don't think so.

We beat out Chicago for the Big Ten tourney and football championship game. We are the capital of amateur sports, period. It's not even up for debate.

Chicago is big, it has lots of skyscrapers and a ton more people, but which horse would I rather hitch my wagon to right now? Indianapolis, by a mile.

I say this as a business school graduate who could make a much higher salary in Chicago, but would also have an infinitely higher cost of living. Indy is booming right now, both the state and the city are showing incredible growth. Chicago is huge, we know this, but it's also stagnant in a lot of ways with a bloated economic system. I love the city of Chicago as a place to visit, it's a lot of fun, tons of shops etc. However, that is quickly becoming less and less important. Indy is getting a lot of the stores that used to be Chicago staples (a new North Face store for example is opening up right across from my office within the next couple weeks).

Are we as big as Chicago? Nope, we aren't. We probably won't ever be, but would I rather live here, yep, not even a second thought on that one.

Sollozzo
09-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Just remember, it's great being a Colts fan, but don't look down your nose through rose colored glasses at Bears fans... there are more of US, we've been around longer, and the BEARS have more SB wins. This is the team that GH owned, coached, and didn't sneak into Chicago in Mayflower vans.

I'll retire back to the Pacers forum now that I've made my comments about my beloved BEARS. Carry on troops and have a GREAT DAY!

You do not have more Super Bowl wins - you have 1. The Indianapolis Colts have 1 and the Colts franchise itself has 2 if you include the Baltimore one. I suppose by "SB wins" you meant championships in general, but no one else really cares that the Bears were racking up championships during the FDR administration when there were like 10 teams in the league.

Sollozzo
09-30-2010, 01:10 PM
With all those 7 CONSECUTIVE seasons of 12 or more wins, that doesn't say much for Peyton's "ONE" SB win. Now, does it? He was the Fran Tarkington 2.0 b4 winning the SB. It took him 7 trys to get that monkey off his back.

You mock the Colts and Manning for having just 1 Super Bowl win in 7 years yet at the same time talk about how great it is that the Bears are 3-0. No matter how hard you try to do diminish the Colts recent success, you know deep down that you would gladly take Peyton's ONE SB win and those 7 CONSECUTIVE seasons of 12 or more seasons if he were doing it in a Bears jersey.

grace
09-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Had the Lions TD at the end of the first game counted (like it should have) would you still be asking that question?

cdash
09-30-2010, 04:20 PM
I guess SA is bigger than Indy too, right? How many NBA championships do they have? They won those while the Pacers had something like 17 years in the playoffs.

Milwaukee is bigger too right? NBA & WS championships.

Not to mention that HUGH metropolitan city of Green Bay with their SB wins.
Just in case you haven't got it figured out, size hasn't anything to do with it.

Size absolutely has something to do with it, and if you really don't think it does, you are a tad more insane than I previously thought. You were spewing on about overall championships in baseball, football, hockey, etc. Guess what? The reason Chicago can support all those franchises is because it's a huge *** city. When you have that sort of population, you can support a franchise in every sport. Rest assured if Indy was the third largest metro area in the country that we would have MLB, NHL, MLS, and whatever other teams you can think of. And when you have more teams...you have a better opportunity to win! See how this works? Indy gets two chances every year to win a professional sports title: Colts and Pacers. Chicago gets two for baseball (although, incredibly, those two dip**** franchises have only won 1 World Series in the past 90 years between them), one for football, one for basketball, and then if you want to go count all the other fringe sports, feel free. Chitown was established as a big city very early, so they racked up a lot of titles when there were only like 6 professional teams in the sport (i.e., all those pre-Super Bowl era titles the Bears won). Not to mention: athletes want to play in a bigger market. More resources, more money, more exposure.

Sure, you just listed the exception to the rule with your San Antonio diatribe, and I'm not sure if you are aware, but Green Bay is, for all intents and purposes, in the Milwaukee media market. Yeah, size doesn't have everything to do with it, I'll give you that, but to say it has nothing to do with it? Don't be so short sighted.

vapacersfan
09-30-2010, 05:07 PM

Ugh.

Sadly this is the same thing the Redskins and The WAPO do. :(

Sollozzo
09-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Size absolutely has something to do with it, and if you really don't think it does, you are a tad more insane than I previously thought. You were spewing on about overall championships in baseball, football, hockey, etc. Guess what? The reason Chicago can support all those franchises is because it's a huge *** city. When you have that sort of population, you can support a franchise in every sport. Rest assured if Indy was the third largest metro area in the country that we would have MLB, NHL, MLS, and whatever other teams you can think of. And when you have more teams...you have a better opportunity to win! See how this works? Indy gets two chances every year to win a professional sports title: Colts and Pacers. Chicago gets two for baseball (although, incredibly, those two dip**** franchises have only won 1 World Series in the past 90 years between them), one for football, one for basketball, and then if you want to go count all the other fringe sports, feel free. Chitown was established as a big city very early, so they racked up a lot of titles when there were only like 6 professional teams in the sport (i.e., all those pre-Super Bowl era titles the Bears won). Not to mention: athletes want to play in a bigger market. More resources, more money, more exposure.

Sure, you just listed the exception to the rule with your San Antonio diatribe, and I'm not sure if you are aware, but Green Bay is, for all intents and purposes, in the Milwaukee media market. Yeah, size doesn't have everything to do with it, I'll give you that, but to say it has nothing to do with it? Don't be so short sighted.

Exactly. Basic logic dictates that if you took the Indianapolis Metro Area and multiplied it by about 5, I'm pretty sure we'd be able to support an MLB team and we certainly wouldn't have trouble filling Conseco. I'm pretty sure we could squeeze out an extra 6 or so thousand per game out of the extra 8 million people that lived in the area - which would put us at the same population as Chicago.

Chicago's willingness to support it's team has far less to due with a diehard fan base than it does the massive size of the city.

ChicagoJ
09-30-2010, 10:25 PM
I don't know about that. They don't care if the Cubs are any good... they've been supporting those jokers for decades and it doesn't matter if they win or lose, by golly they're gonna keep doing it.

And they don't care if the Bears are any good. The team is automatically a SB contender because every Bears team is. Every team that doesn't win a SB is a heartbreaker. Even that 6-10 team a couple of season ago was *this* close to winning the SB before they broke everyone's heart.

They are diehards. They are dumb diehards. But diehards, yes.

pacer4ever
09-30-2010, 10:55 PM
I don't know about that. They don't care if the Cubs are any good... they've been supporting those jokers for decades and it doesn't matter if they win or lose, by golly they're gonna keep doing it.

And they don't care if the Bears are any good. The team is automatically a SB contender because every Bears team is. Every team that doesn't win a SB is a heartbreaker. Even that 6-10 team a couple of season ago was *this* close to winning the SB before they broke everyone's heart.

They are diehards. They are dumb diehards. But diehards, yes.

i care if my cubs & bears are good (cubs are a lost cause i havent watched a game after big Z blow up and problly wont watch till Alfonso Armis and Z ect. are gone this is the first year i didnt go to a game, normally go to 8-10) who every said anything about a superbowl??? NOT ME i am just asking what you think there record will be and why ty very much

cdash
10-01-2010, 12:09 AM
i care if my cubs & bears are good (cubs are a lost cause i havent watched a game after big Z blow up and problly wont watch till Alfonso Armis and Z ect. are gone this is the first year i didnt go to a game, normally go to 8-10) who every said anything about a superbowl??? NOT ME i am just asking what you think there record will be and why ty very much

I think we all kind of figured that when you ask if a team is "legit," that you mean a legit contender. That's how I generally take things.

duke dynamite
10-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I think we all kind of figured that when you ask if a team is "legit," that you mean a legit contender. That's how I generally take things.
When I saw the word "legit", I thought instantly of the word pansies (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pansy).

ChicagoJ
10-01-2010, 11:58 AM
who every said anything about a superbowl

The Tribune, back in July. Every July.

Picking up Cutler was "supposed" to make them the "team to beat" in the NFC last year... since everyone in Chicago knows that Aaron Rodger sucks and that Favre is washed up. (Actually, that last one may finally be true. I guess after 10 years they may finally be right.)

travmil
10-01-2010, 12:04 PM
(Actually, that last one may finally be true. I guess after 10 years they may finally be right.)

http://badgerblogger.com/wp-content/blindsquirrel.jpg

Since86
10-01-2010, 12:05 PM
That's awesome.

pacer4ever
10-01-2010, 08:40 PM
The Tribune, back in July. Every July.

Picking up Cutler was "supposed" to make them the "team to beat" in the NFC last year... since everyone in Chicago knows that Aaron Rodger sucks and that Favre is washed up. (Actually, that last one may finally be true. I guess after 10 years they may finally be right.)

im talkin about in this thead u are coming across that all bears fans think we are SB contenders

Stryder
10-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Wow. Cutler was sacked 9 times in the first half, plus 1 INT and 1 fumble.... :)

That's a legit suckfest.

Slick Pinkham
10-03-2010, 10:01 PM
two 0.500 teams at best (by the end of the season) playing tonight. ugh.

Moses
10-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Was Cutler stoned during this game? He looked "stunned and dazed" before he was head slammed at the end of the second quarter. One of the worst outings I've ever seen by a QB. Looks like he barely prepared for this game.

Also, the Bears are not legit. They are lucky they aren't 1-3 after tonight. They could have easily lost to the Packers and should have lost to Detroit in week 1. They've got a solid defense and special teams, but their offense is terrible.

Stryder
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
You know you're in a bad position when Caleb Hanie comes in as QB...

vapacersfan
10-03-2010, 11:25 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

pacer4ever
10-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Was Cutler stoned during this game? He looked "stunned and dazed" before he was head slammed at the end of the second quarter. One of the worst outings I've ever seen by a QB. Looks like he barely prepared for this game.

Also, the Bears are not legit. They are lucky they aren't 1-3 after tonight. They could have easily lost to the Packers and should have lost to Detroit in week 1. They've got a solid defense and special teams, but their offense is terrible.

ya that was the worst game i have ever seen wow cutler blows the O line blows

HC
10-04-2010, 01:04 PM

The Cowboys aren't overrated, they are under coached.

Since86
10-04-2010, 02:04 PM
The Cowboys have been overrated way before Wade Phillips was in town.

Last week I was listening to ESPN radio and Tony K. was arguing that the league needs the Cowboys to be good in order to stay on top. Right there is all the evidence you need to realize that ESPN will pump Dallas up at any given opportunity. To think the league will dwindle if they aren't good, considering they haven't won a playoff game in a decade and the NFL has never been more popular is mind blowing.

vapacersfan
10-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Didn't the Cowboys win a playoff game last year?

But yeah, Dallas SUCKS!

Since86
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Yep, beat the Eagles. My bad. So they've won, what, one playoff game in the 2000's? Still not a good record for a team that supposedly needs to win in order for the league to stay on top.

cdash
10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Yep, beat the Eagles. My bad. So they've won, what, one playoff game in the 2000's? Still not a good record for a team that supposedly needs to win in order for the league to stay on top.

I think all Kornheiser meant by that is that the NFL is more fun to follow when the Cowboys are good. Kind of like baseball being better when the Yankees are good, or college basketball better when IU, UNC, UK, etc. are good. It is one of the best franchises in the NFL with a huge following. It's just more fun when they are good, supposedly.

ChicagoJ
10-04-2010, 10:49 PM
And its even more fun when they're really good, but still lose to the Steelers.

:D

Sollozzo
10-05-2010, 07:29 AM

Yep. And the NFL has been more popular than ever in recent years while the Cowboys haven't been all that relevant. That kinda distorts the notion that the league "needs" Dallas to do well.

The sentiment that the MLB needs the Yankees and to a lesser extent, the Red Sox, to do well is true as baseball isn't near as popular as it used to be. But the NFL is such a beast right now and doesn't need any particular team to do well. However, it will be interesting to see if an NFL strike has the same negative effects as the 1994 baseball strike.

Trader Joe
10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
The only guy that thinks the Cowboys are the premier franchise in the NFL anymore is Jerry Jones.

Since86
10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
I think all Kornheiser meant by that is that the NFL is more fun to follow when the Cowboys are good. Kind of like baseball being better when the Yankees are good, or college basketball better when IU, UNC, UK, etc. are good. It is one of the best franchises in the NFL with a huge following. It's just more fun when they are good, supposedly.

I don't think so, because 50% of NFL aren't Cowboys fans. I would venture that the number of Cowboys fans, while arguably the biggest fan base in the league, is rivaled with the opposite in the number of peole who can't stand the Cowboys.

I like the NFL when the Cowboys suck and I get to listen to their fans talk about how their just not living up to their potential. I watch their games to watch them lose, and I can bet I'm not the only one.

Walk into a bar and start yelling about how good the Cowboys are and I bet you get more responses telling you to F off or about how the Cowboys suck than you would in agreement. I see it every year when we go out to a sports bar and watch people openly root against the Yankees, just because it's the Yankees. In a completely unscientific survey, I've found more people want to see them lose than win.

ChicagoJ
10-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Basically, you've just said that 50% of NFL fans are Cowboys fans, and 50% of NFL fans hate the Cowboys. Given that there are 32 teams, each franchise should have about 3-5% of the total.

There's no doubt the Cowboys are polarizing.

Trader Joe
10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
I'll bet my left nut right now that the Cowboys aren't the biggest fan base in the league right this second.

ChicagoJ
10-06-2010, 12:45 AM
I'll bet my left nut right now that the Cowboys aren't the biggest fan base in the league right this second.

Then who is, if not the Cowboys?

Your right nut may be getting lonely in the near future.

Trader Joe
10-06-2010, 08:47 AM
I'd bet your Steelers have more fans. I've honestly never met that many Cowboys fans

Since86
10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Basically, you've just said that 50% of NFL fans are Cowboys fans, and 50% of NFL fans hate the Cowboys. Given that there are 32 teams, each franchise should have about 3-5% of the total.

There's no doubt the Cowboys are polarizing.

I did?

I don't think so, because 50% of NFL aren't Cowboys fans. I would venture that the number of Cowboys fans, while arguably the biggest fan base in the league, is rivaled with the opposite in the number of peole who can't stand the Cowboys.

If I thought they were 50% would I use language like "arguably the biggest?"

And If I did think they were 50%, and I used that type of language, that would mean that another team was close to having the same fan base size......

ChicagoJ
10-06-2010, 09:59 PM
I think you're numbers are about right. 50% of the combined Casual + Diehard NFL fans are Cowboys fans. And the other 50% hate the Cowboys and the Cowboys' fans.

The Steelers aren't as popular as the Cowboys in that they aren't really a bandwagon team (or haven't been since the early 80s when all the players from the Dynasty retired.) I'd say the Steelers have a lower percentage than the Cowboys in the general population, but that the Steelers have a higher percentage of hardcore fans.

Still... merchandise sales for the Cowboys eclipses the Steelers every year. The Yankees are the United are probably the only teams more popular in all sports.

pacer4ever
10-06-2010, 10:49 PM
I think you're numbers are about right. 50% of the combined Casual + Diehard NFL fans are Cowboys fans. And the other 50% hate the Cowboys and the Cowboys' fans.

The Steelers aren't as popular as the Cowboys in that they aren't really a bandwagon team (or haven't been since the early 80s when all the players from the Dynasty retired.) I'd say the Steelers have a lower percentage than the Cowboys in the general population, but that the Steelers have a higher percentage of hardcore fans.

Still... merchandise sales for the Cowboys eclipses the Steelers every year. The Yankees are the United are probably the only teams more popular in all sports.

i like watching pitts they play like the old bears b4 cutler run the football and good D

Trader Joe
10-06-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm being completely honest when I say I've only met one Cowboy fan in my entire life, and that was at IU, and the kid was from Dallas.

Since86
10-07-2010, 01:10 PM

I don't think 50% is anywhere close.

I think probably 5% are Cowboy fans, 5% hate them, and about 90% of them just don't give a rip.

And honestly, I don't think the 5% is all that accurate. I'm just trying to say that the vast majority of NFL fans dont' care either way.

Sollozzo
10-07-2010, 01:14 PM

No way is it that high. Teams like the Steelers/Packers/Bears/Giants/Jets/Redskins have way too many fans for the Cowboys to have that big of a share.

Trader Joe
10-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Colts have a huge following now too just because of Manning. Also, people forget that the 49ers have a large fan base too.

IMO, it's completely possible (likely) that the Cowboys are not the largest fan base, and may not even be a top 5 fan base anymore.

ChicagoJ
10-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Okay, ignoring the hyperbole of my "50%" comment, I'm tired of arguing with you. Argue with Nielsen.

(Pretty sure Tom posted the original article back in training camp.)

The Cowboys have a 23% lead over the second-place Steelers. That's a huge lead for this type of index, where one "should" start with an assumption that each of the 32 teams have an equal chance of popularity (or an equal 3.125% share).

http://playerpress.com/articles/11339-nfl-teams-popularity-rankings

Here's the original... I knew I had it somewhere.

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/nielsen-news/cowboys-tackle-top-spot-in-nfl-media-exposure-rankings/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703453804575479961782758620.html

#1 on national TV, #1 on the internet. Maybe its not 1/2 the total quantity of NFL fans, but a 23% lead over the Steelers and a (100-70)/70 = 3/7 = ~50% (I suck at simple math) lead over the #3 NY Giants.

It ain't close.

ChicagoJ
10-07-2010, 11:03 PM
i like watching pitts they play like the old bears b4 cutler run the football and good D

Huh?

I don't think you know what those things ("run the football", "good D") mean. Because the Bears haven't been good at either of those things for a couple of decades.

pacer4ever
10-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Huh?

I don't think you know what those things ("run the football", "good D") mean. Because the Bears haven't been good at either of those things for a couple of decades.

did u watch the 06 season or any season b4 last year??? with tomas jones we were a running football team for a long time. with orton we ran the football and played D so idk what u are refering to. But ever since we got jay we have been a throwing team.

Stryder
10-08-2010, 10:47 AM
did u watch the 06 season or any season b4 last year??? with tomas jones we were a running football team for a long time. with orton we ran the football and played D so idk what u are refering to. But ever since we got jay we have been a throwing team.

Jones was only there for 3 years. A long time is 3 years?

And his stats show he ran for 1,000 yards or more in 2 of the 3 years, with less than 10 TDs in each of the 3 years.

While that is good, it isn't exactly lighting it up.

pacer4ever
10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Jones was only there for 3 years. A long time is 3 years?

And his stats show he ran for 1,000 yards or more in 2 of the 3 years, with less than 10 TDs in each of the 3 years.

While that is good, it isn't exactly lighting it up.

we have not been a throwing team in forever. That is all i am saying we have always be a run first team.

ChicagoJ
10-08-2010, 11:54 PM

I live here but try to avoid watching the Bears just as I tried very hard to avoid watching the Colts when I lived in Indianapolis. I've had Sunday Ticket since about '94 and think its the greatest invention of all time.

Anyway, in 2006, the Bears were ranked #15 in rushing offense. That was the season after Bettis retired, so the Steelers were a disappointing #9 in rushing offense.

Working my way backwards, as I'd like to find a time the Bears were a top-five rushing team... Or if I can't find that, a time where they were as good as the Steelers... I'll bet I've got to go all the way back to the Walter Peyton era.

#8 in 2005 (Steelers were #5).
#25 in 2004 (Steelers were #2).
#18 in 2003 (Steelers were #31, this was the year of the "Tommy Gun").
#32 (really!) in 2002 (Steelers were #9).
#17 in 2001 (Steelers were #1).
#21 in 2000 (Steelers were #4).
#26 in 1999 (Steelers were #10).
#17 in 1998 (Steelers were #7).
#16 in 1997 (Steelers were #1, again).
#16 in 1996 (Steelers were #2, damn that Terrell Davis guy...).

Before that, Jerome Bettis was still playing for the Rams. So that's far enough back into the past.

So with the exception of the dreaded Tommy-Gun season, you just haven't been close to the type of running game the Steelers have had.

Do we have to do this for defense, too?

Going back to 1992, when Bill Cowher, Dom Capers and Dick LeBeau brought the 3-4 Zone Blitz to Pittsburgh, and looking at Total Defense by total yards:

1992: Steelers #13, Bears #17.
1993: Steelers #3, Bears #4. (note that the Vikings were #1, Packers #2, Bears #4 and Lions #6. The NFC Central defensive stats may have been inflated due to the divisions' lack of offense.)
1994: Steelers #2, Bears #13.
1995: Steelers #3, Bears #19.
1996: Steelers #2, Bears #12.
(Note: Dick LeBeau leaves to be the DC then HC in Cincinnati)
1997: Steelers #6, Bears #12.
1998: Steelers #12, Bears #14.
1999: Steelers #11, Bears #29.
2000: Steelers #7, Bears #16.
2001: Steelers #1 (more heralded Ravens #2), Bears #15.
2002: Steelers #7, Bears #25.
2003: Steelers #9, Bears #14.
(Note: Dick LeBeau returns to Pittsburgh)
2004: Steelers #1, Bears #21. Steelers go 15-1, lose in AFC Championship.
2005: Bears #2, Steelers #4. So you're finally ranked higher. Steelers win Super Bowl XL. You can have the #2 ranking.
2006: Bears #5, Steelers #9. With a respectable defense and a super-weak NFC, you qualify for the Super Bowl under the controversial rule that guarantees the NFC winner a berth in the big game, no matter how weak the NFC is.
2007: Steelers #1, Bears #28. Uh... ouch.
2008: Steelers #1, Bears #21. Steelers win Super Bowl.
2009: Steelers #5, Bears #17.

That's a total of ten top-fives in the past 17 seasons for the Steelers, compared to 9 seasons where the Bears were in the bottom 1/2 of the league.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop insulting the Steelers running game and defense by comparing them to the lousy Bears.

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 12:05 AM
I live here but try to avoid watching the Bears just as I tried very hard to avoid watching the Colts when I lived in Indianapolis. I've had Sunday Ticket since about '94 and think its the greatest invention of all time.

Anyway, in 2006, the Bears were ranked #15 in rushing offense. That was the season after Bettis retired, so the Steelers were a disappointing #9 in rushing offense.

Working my way backwards, as I'd like to find a time the Bears were a top-five rushing team... Or if I can't find that, a time where they were as good as the Steelers... I'll bet I've got to go all the way back to the Walter Peyton era.

#8 in 2005 (Steelers were #5).
#25 in 2004 (Steelers were #2).
#18 in 2003 (Steelers were #31, this was the year of the "Tommy Gun").
#32 (really!) in 2002 (Steelers were #9).
#17 in 2001 (Steelers were #1).
#21 in 2000 (Steelers were #4).
#26 in 1999 (Steelers were #10).
#17 in 1998 (Steelers were #7).
#16 in 1997 (Steelers were #1, again).
#16 in 1996 (Steelers were #2, damn that Terrell Davis guy...).

Before that, Jerome Bettis was still playing for the Rams. So that's far enough back into the past.

So with the exception of the dreaded Tommy-Gun season, you just haven't been close to the type of running game the Steelers have had.

Do we have to do this for defense, too?

Going back to 1992, when Bill Cowher, Dom Capers and Dick LeBeau brought the 3-4 Zone Blitz to Pittsburgh, and looking at Total Defense by total yards:

1992: Steelers #13, Bears #17.
1993: Steelers #3, Bears #4. (note that the Vikings were #1, Packers #2, Bears #4 and Lions #6. The NFC Central defensive stats may have been inflated due to the divisions' lack of offense.)
1994: Steelers #2, Bears #13.
1995: Steelers #3, Bears #19.
1996: Steelers #2, Bears #12.
(Note: Dick LeBeau leaves to be the DC then HC in Cincinnati)
1997: Steelers #6, Bears #12.
1998: Steelers #12, Bears #14.
1999: Steelers #11, Bears #29.
2000: Steelers #7, Bears #16.
2001: Steelers #1 (more heralded Ravens #2), Bears #15.
2002: Steelers #7, Bears #25.
2003: Steelers #9, Bears #14.
(Note: Dick LeBeau returns to Pittsburgh)
2004: Steelers #1, Bears #21. Steelers go 15-1, lose in AFC Championship.
2005: Bears #2, Steelers #4. So you're finally ranked higher. Steelers win Super Bowl XL. You can have the #2 ranking.
2006: Bears #5, Steelers #9. With a respectable defense and a super-weak NFC, you qualify for the Super Bowl under the controversial rule that guarantees the NFC winner a berth in the big game, no matter how weak the NFC is.
2007: Steelers #1, Bears #28. Uh... ouch.
2008: Steelers #1, Bears #21. Steelers win Super Bowl.
2009: Steelers #5, Bears #17.

That's a total of ten top-fives in the past 17 seasons for the Steelers, compared to 9 seasons where the Bears were in the bottom 1/2 of the league.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop insulting the Steelers running game and defense by comparing them to the lousy Bears.

im just talking about are philosophy not how good we were i liked watching hard nosed footbal like pittsburg plays.

ChicagoJ
10-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Then you must hate watching the Bears?

Cade McNown
Rick Mirer
Jim Miller
Kordell Stewart
Rex Grossman
Brian Griese
Jay Cutler

You've been searching for your "franchise QB" for 15 years.

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Then you must hate watching the Bears?

Cade McNown
Rick Mirer
Jim Miller
Kordell Stewart
Rex Grossman
Brian Griese
Jay Cutler

You've been searching for your "franchise QB" for 15 years.

and about 20 more LOL all suck lol

Lord Helmet
10-09-2010, 12:40 AM
I think Cutler could be their franchise QB, but the thing is, every time he drops back to pass I cringe, and I don't give a damn about the Bears. I don't know if it's the offense or the strategy or what, I just don't ever feel comfortable with a pass he throws. :laugh:

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 12:54 AM
I think Cutler could be their franchise QB, but the thing is, every time he drops back to pass I cringe, and I don't give a damn about the Bears. I don't know if it's the offense or the strategy or what, I just don't ever feel comfortable with a pass he throws. :laugh:

he has the tools but not the smarts last week he didnt check down at all and looks like he expects to get sacked. He hit the checkdown good week one idk idont think he will ever figure it out

Trader Joe
10-09-2010, 01:38 AM
How many times do I have to say Jay Cutler=Jeff George?

ChicagoJ
10-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Jeff George had much better O-lines than Cutler ever had.

If you put pressure on Cutler -- like most QBs -- he struggles. Its not that Cutler is dumb, he's plenty smart for a QB. Its that he doesn't have time.

Grossman wasn't the problem either. In spite of the Bears' revolving door of "franchise QBs", the lack of skill at QB hasn't been the problem.

With their lousy O-line, crappy receivers, and lack of a legit running game, it doesn't matter who is playing QB. Greg Olson in a great TE, though.

Lord Helmet
10-09-2010, 10:13 AM
That's what I was trying to get at last night, but I was drunk.

Cutler is good, but he has no line, and when your best WR is a kick returner things are going to probably not be so good....

pacer4ever
10-09-2010, 12:34 PM
That's what I was trying to get at last night, but I was drunk.

Cutler is good, but he has no line, and when your best WR is a kick returner things are going to probably not be so good....

yes we should have traded for randy moss or vincent jackson.

vapacersfan
10-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Okay, ignoring the hyperbole of my "50%" comment, I'm tired of arguing with you. Argue with Nielsen.

(Pretty sure Tom posted the original article back in training camp.)

The Cowboys have a 23% lead over the second-place Steelers. That's a huge lead for this type of index, where one "should" start with an assumption that each of the 32 teams have an equal chance of popularity (or an equal 3.125% share).

http://playerpress.com/articles/11339-nfl-teams-popularity-rankings

Here's the original... I knew I had it somewhere.

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/nielsen-news/cowboys-tackle-top-spot-in-nfl-media-exposure-rankings/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703453804575479961782758620.html

#1 on national TV, #1 on the internet. Maybe its not 1/2 the total quantity of NFL fans, but a 23% lead over the Steelers and a (100-70)/70 = 3/7 = ~50% (I suck at simple math) lead over the #3 NY Giants.

It ain't close.

The real question is how many are fans of the Cowboys when they are winning and are no where to be found when they are losing?

The Redskins have annoyed the hell out of me in recent years, but that is one thing you can say about our fan base. We may get upset, and we may even harass our owner and beg him to sell the team, but the fans keep showing up EVERY game and they keep giving the man money.

No whether that is loyalty, stupidity, or a little bit of both......that is a different story

ChicagoJ
10-11-2010, 01:14 PM
The Cowboys have two different fan bases. Actual Cowboys fans, and there are a lot of them, and people that only pay attention to the NFL when the Cowboys are winning.

Those are, of course, the same people that only pay attention to the NBA when the Lakers are winning, etc.

There is an astronomically large number of those front-running fans.

vapacersfan
10-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah, that is what I was getting at.

Then again I would think most NFL teams have those fans (of course the Cowboys have more, much the same way the Yankees and Lakers have more)

shags
10-11-2010, 08:12 PM
The real question is how many are fans of the Cowboys when they are winning and are no where to be found when they are losing?

The Redskins have annoyed the hell out of me in recent years, but that is one thing you can say about our fan base. We may get upset, and we may even harass our owner and beg him to sell the team, but the fans keep showing up EVERY game and they keep giving the man money.

No whether that is loyalty, stupidity, or a little bit of both......that is a different story

As Jay alluded to, Bears fans are the same way.

That list is interesting. It seems that teams who are doing well recently veer toward the top. I'll bet anything the Rams were hovering near the top 10 a decade ago. And the Colts will be in the 20s a couple years after Manning retires. Meanwhile, teams like the Redskins, Steelers, Bears, Cowboys, and Packers will stay near the top no matter what.

vapacersfan
10-25-2010, 08:33 PM
The DeAngelo Hall-Jay Cutler feud has a back story, dating to September of 2008, when the Broncos whipped the Raiders on Monday Night Football and Eddie Royal had an enormous debut. The then-rookie recorded nine receptions for 146 yards and two touchdowns, "most of it against Hall," according to reports. Here's a note from the Denver Post that week:
With Broncos star receiver Brandon Marshall missing the opener to serve his one-game suspension, Mike Shanahan built his game plan around Royal beating Hall. Afterward, Hall said the Broncos outschemed the Raiders - a term that points a finger at the coaching staff. Cutler scoffed at that notion. "We played one-on-one football with them; we didn't outscheme them," Cutler said. "Eddie Royal beat DeAngelo Hall time after time after time. That's what happened."Other reports indicated that Cutler laughed while saying this. Then this week, after Hall tied the NFL record for interceptions against Cutler, the quarterback remained unimpressed (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/10/jay_cutler_not_scared_of_deang.html), saying "if we had to play them tomorrow, I'd go at him every time, if we could."
During a late-morning appearance on SportsCenter, that clip was played for Hall, who laughed in turn.

"You know what man, Jay's a little bit, he don't really understand, I guess, the game, the game of football," Hall said on Monday. "And in the game of football, you're gonna see guys several times in their career. You know, he completed four passes against me when I was out in Oakland and he was in Denver on a Monday Night Football game, and I knew leading up to the game he was still feeling good about that. He made some smart, snide comments about that after that game, so I knew definitely he was gonna try to come out there and try me, and it didn't work for him."
Later, Hall was asked about the Bears' offensive personnel.
"They've got some great players, they've got some great players," he said. "They've definitely got some players out there, man....Jay's a good quarterback. He has that swagger and that confidence that you like out of your quarterback. If he's on your team, you love him to death, you'll ride or die with him. if he's not on your team, he's a guy that's gonna get into it with almost everybody on the field....They've got the weapons. They've got the weapons, man. But I guess our scheme and our guys just wanted it a little bit more that day."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs..._jay.html#more (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/10/deangelo_hall_responds_to_jay.html#more)

travmil
10-25-2010, 09:05 PM
But I guess our scheme and our guys just wanted it a little bit more that day.

:rotflmao:

In a game that featured nine turnovers, I'm not sure either team can claim to have wanted it more.

vapacersfan
10-25-2010, 09:09 PM
:rotflmao:

In a game that featured nine turnovers, I'm not sure either team can claim to have wanted it more.

This is true, but clearly he was taking the high road while still taking a cheap shot at Jay.

I mean really, is Cutler stupid?

Justin Tyme
12-28-2010, 12:10 PM
BUMP!

LOL! When I originally posted, I said I was going back to the Pacers forum, which I did, and never looked at any rebuttal posts of my posts until now. LOL at some rebuttal posts I just read!!

Yes, I'm a Bears fan, I go back over 6 decades as a Bears fan. I've lived in the Indy metro area most of my adult life. I LIKE Indy as a city, and other than going to visit Chicago for their sites, games, and entertainment I have NO love for the City of Chicago. I extremely dislike the city of Chicago as a city, but you can't deny the championships of their sports teams. The only city in the midwest I dislike more than Chicago is Detroit. Unfortunately in order to visit Canada, I have to go thru it, GRRR, and their sports teams have numerous championships too.

I posted originally b/c I felt the Bears were legit, and at a 11-4 record and having won their conference I feel they are. Are they going to win a Super Bowl? Nah, but then if the Colts get in the playoffs neither will they. It's still fun to watch and cheer our teams play tho. I'll be rooting for my #1 team the Bears, and then my #2 team ......................................the COLTS. If they should meet in the Super Bowl again, I'll still be rooting for the Bears to win, but I sure won't be devasted if the Colts win. Just like last time. Devastation is when the Colts get carved up by the Saints like a Thanksgiving turkey. I hope to never have to witness that ever again. I can relate to how the Redskins fans felt in 85.

I must admit reading the thread again was entertaining. Some posters might want to go back and change their comments about the Bears. LOL!

Have a good day and stay warm.

The Jackson shimmy
12-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Depending on how you define 'legit, sure...., as long as Cutler isn't
consistently under relentless pressure.

vapacersfan
12-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Hall should send Cutler a text thanking him for getting into the Pro Bowl

pacer4ever
12-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Hall should send Cutler a text thanking him for getting into the Pro Bowl

lol ya cutler thoght he was a bear for some reason that game. I still can't understand how we lose to the skins lol.