PDA

View Full Version : CONFIRMED: NBA Elite 11 Delayed until 2011

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=446382
September 27, 2010 by MMChrisS

Peter Moore just confirmed NBA Elite 11's delay on his blog:

Quote:

Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and unsurpassed quality. The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month’s launch. We are going to keep working until we’re certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

VERY SMART MOVE AND

blackflash83 09/27/2010 15:29:55 Subject: Re:IS this FOR REAL?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the news is true. NBA ELITE 11 has been delayed. When there is additional information to share with you guys I will be sure to do so. For now it's as the blog says, the game has been delayed.

NBA JAM for the Wii will still come out on October 5th and now NBA JAM will be released for PS3 and 360 as standalone versions.

JAM IS COMING OUT ALONE YES

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 06:48 PM
For NBA LIVE 10 players, we will continue to offer free content and services throughout the 2010-11 season. We will start with a new roster update so you get all the players for the new season, free of charge. We will also provide free Dynamic DNA updates, daily, for the entire season. Thatís a full season of basketball with new rosters and updates, free.

via EA

CableKC
09-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Wow.....that's not good. But I guess if there are enough bugs to warrant pushing it back a month...then it's better to push it out then put out a bug filled product ( see NBA2k10 in the 1st month of release last year ).

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Wow.....that's not good. But I guess if there are enough bugs to warrant pushing it back a month...then it's better to push it out then put out a bug filled product ( see NBA2k10 in the 1st month of release last year ).

no it is not coming out till next oct not next month lol.

vapacersfan
09-27-2010, 07:06 PM
no it is not coming out till next oct not next month lol.

Are you sure?

Peter Moore's blog has a new entry up detailing the decision to delay NBA Elite 11 with no timetable for a release.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next monthís launch.

He goes on to mention that NBA Live 10 will be getting free Daily DNA updates all season, for free, to hold EA basketball gamers over.

Read the blog here (http://www.easports.com/blogs/itsinthegame/post/slug/nba-elite-delayed-nba-jam-ships-on-wii-next-week-xbox-360-and-ps3-coming-before-holidays%22) and comment on this surprising news here (http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=75271&p=1262362#p1262362) in the forums.

www.nba-live.com (http://www.nba-live.com)

Hicks
09-27-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm stunned after so many years of these games coming out relatively "like clockwork". It's weird to see one of them delayed by months, but this game certainly needed it.

As someone who was bummed I was going to miss out on NBA Jam after deciding to cancel my pre-order of Elite, that part of it sounds great to me. I'll probably buy NBA Jam, and between it and 2K11, I think I'll have plenty of current NBA ball in my life.

vapacersfan
09-27-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm stunned after so many years of these games coming out relatively "like clockwork". It's weird to see one of them delayed by months, but this game certainly needed it.

As someone who was bummed I was going to miss out on NBA Jam after deciding to cancel my pre-order of Elite, that part of it sounds great to me. I'll probably buy NBA Jam, and between it and 2K11, I think I'll have plenty of current NBA ball in my life.

This had to have been years ago, but back when I played b-ball video games I remember Live getting pushed back one year.

But yeah, it is strange to see it happen. Just from what I hear (which is mostly from these forums) it sounds like this game needed it.

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 07:09 PM

yes it is a smart move by ea the game is really bad unplayable to me. I also belive it will be the full version of Jam not just 3 modes. I am also happy they will update live too.

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Are you sure?

www.nba-live.com (http://www.nba-live.com)

yes blacklash confrimed it he works for EA. Why would they give live 10 updates all year round? maybe he is wrong but he said he will have more details later.

Kuq_e_Zi91
09-27-2010, 07:46 PM
This is perfect. I can save $60 for FIFA and keep playing basketball for free.

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 07:48 PM

yes i like it to but i will be on 2k11 more than live 10.

Kstat
09-27-2010, 08:09 PM
This is the best news I've heard all week.

The idea of updating live 10 rosters is also really cool on their part.

Trader Joe
09-27-2010, 08:14 PM
For NBA LIVE 10 players, we will continue to offer free content and services throughout the 2010-11 season. We will start with a new roster update so you get all the players for the new season, free of charge. We will also provide free Dynamic DNA updates, daily, for the entire season. Thatís a full season of basketball with new rosters and updates, free.

via EA

So why should these people buy Elite then?

This signals the death knell for EA's NBA franchise IMO. They are close to admitting defeat.

xBulletproof
09-27-2010, 08:21 PM
So why should these people buy Elite then?

This signals the death knell for EA's NBA franchise IMO. They are close to admitting defeat.

Not in the least.

This is purely a plan to really try to make NBA Elite as good as possible. It doesn't matter when it's released, if it's of very good quality it'll still get bought.

Either way, the extra work on this version of NBA Elite will be just as much about this version as the next. So it doesn't really effect EA's publishing plans. These were things they were going to have to fix anyway. They just didn't want to release such a horrid first version of Elite, that nobody ever looks in it's direction again. It's all about not turning away potential future customers.

Kstat
09-27-2010, 08:22 PM
I think the idea is now to keep developing the game as a beta version of elite 2012, and release it at a cheaper price.

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Not in the least.

This is purely a plan to really try to make NBA Elite as good as possible. It doesn't matter when it's released, if it's of very good quality it'll still get bought.

Either way, the extra work on this version of NBA Elite will be just as much about this version as the next. So it doesn't really effect EA's publishing plans. These were things they were going to have to fix anyway. They just didn't want to release such a horrid first version of Elite, that nobody ever looks in it's direction again. It's all about not turning away potential future customers.

ya and elite wont be released for a year most likely it is so hard to rebulid a game from scratch in 1 yr even harder on a new engine. so i expect the game to release oct 5 2011. Thats why they will be doing the live stuff

Trader Joe
09-27-2010, 08:24 PM
With sports games though, so much is about market share, just putting out a new product to bring your customers back. Yes, elite/live has sucked for a while, but I bet most average NBA fans still buy it just because it's made by EA, now they have a year where they won't be around? A lot of people who were Live/Elite players are going to switch. They are going to need something BIG to follow up with to get them back.

xBulletproof
09-27-2010, 08:25 PM
They already needed something big anyway. That's why they gutted the entire control system and game mechanics.

Nothing changes, really. It's a good move honestly. Not grabbing for the quick buck at the expense of the consumer wins respect in my book anyway.

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 08:25 PM
I think the idea is now to keep developing the game as a beta version of elite 2012, and release it at a cheaper price.

they should just wait till next yr if they want people to come back to the brand. This shows EA is commited to making a good game.

Trader Joe
09-27-2010, 08:27 PM
They already needed something big anyway. That's why they gutted the entire control system and game mechanics.

Nothing changes, really. It's a good move honestly. Not grabbing for the quick buck at the expense of the consumer wins respect in my book anyway.

Sure, I can understand what they're doing, but I think it will hurt them. We'll see what happens. Very interested to see what their big hook will be.

xBulletproof
09-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Sure, I can understand what they're doing, but I think it will hurt them. We'll see what happens. Very interested to see what their big hook will be.

EA .... we're not as greedy as you thought!!

:laugh:

How's that for a hook?

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Gamestop Pre-order Ships 3/31/2011 so maybe will just be untill march almost april thats what gamestop says

Kstat
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM
The hook this year has to be a cheaper price tag. I'd go as far as to release it free as a download, like a beta for next year's game.

Day-V
09-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Gamestop Pre-order Ships 3/31/2011 so maybe will just be untill march almost april thats what gamestop says

Or maybe when the game arrives on your doorstep the next day, it's nothing but a empty box with a note inside reading "April Fools!"

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Or maybe when the game arrives on your doorstep the next day, it's nothing but a empty box with a note inside reading "April Fools!"

HA that just maid my day LOL that was a good one

Trader Joe
09-27-2010, 08:46 PM
The hook this year has to be a cheaper price tag. I'd go as far as to release it free as a download, like a beta for next year's game.

That's what I would do. At the very most price it at like $20 and use it as a teaser for the fall release.

xBulletproof
09-27-2010, 08:52 PM
That's what I would do. At the very most price it at like $20 and use it as a teaser for the fall release.

Another possibility is to strip it down to just purely "quick games" and "Franchise mode" and try to perfect the game play ignoring everything else between now and then. Then next years version to tack on all the "My Player" mode or whatever they want to call it.

You've got to get the bugs out, and also to get the game play correct, and not necessarily in that order. Then worry about the rest.

Hicks
09-27-2010, 08:54 PM
This is the best news I've heard all week.

The idea of updating live 10 rosters is also really cool on their part.

Oh, I didn't catch that. I didn't really care for it when I rented it last year, but if the price drops to around $20 I may pick it up.

Hicks
09-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Wait, I just remembered I can't buy it used because those idiots made you have to register to get the player DNA or whatever it was. Screw it.

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Oh, I didn't catch that. I didn't really care for it when I rented it last year, but if the price drops to around $20 I may pick it up.

it is $30 new and you need it new for the codes. to update the rosters

Hicks
09-27-2010, 08:59 PM

via EA

And now I see this. So.... anyone agree with me that this news should mean that even if I buy a used copy of Live 10, I'll get everything the game could possibly offer, and there's no reason for me to buy a new copy now?

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 09:09 PM
And now I see this. So.... anyone agree with me that this news should mean that even if I buy a used copy of Live 10, I'll get everything the game could possibly offer, and there's no reason for me to buy a new copy now?

no you need a new copy for the DNA codes. it is a 1 time use but u need it to update the rosters and game.

Kstat
09-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Wait, I just remembered I can't buy it used because those idiots made you have to register to get the player DNA or whatever it was. Screw it.

You do realize 2K will be doing that now too, right?

Blame the people downloading xbox games for free if you want to get upset. They're the main reason behind this.

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 09:17 PM

Blame the people downloading xbox games for free if you want to get upset. They're the main reason behind this.

it is not because of illigal downloading it is cause they make no money on used games. Online pass is so they make money on used games. 2k wont have it till next year thats wat pastapade said.

Kstat
09-27-2010, 09:23 PM
NBA2K11 won't. But they are going to start installing it in their games as early as this fall. Used game retailers/renters are another reason, but this is also because of illegally copied games.

vapacersfan
09-27-2010, 09:29 PM
What is the DNA thing?

Is it like this year's Madden where you need a code to play on-line?

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 09:34 PM
What is the DNA thing?

Is it like this year's Madden where you need a code to play on-line?

just suppose to make the players play like there real life counterpart useing synergy sports.

graphic-er
09-27-2010, 09:34 PM
I think this could actually hurt 2k11 some. Alot of people just buy the next year's game mainly just for the new rosters. if I owned Live 10, there is no way i'd think about shelling out $60 for 2k11.

If I could still have 2k8 on PS2 with updated rosters, i'd probably be playing that one.

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 09:37 PM
I think this could actually hurt 2k11 some. Alot of people just buy the next year's game mainly just for the new rosters. if I owned Live 10, there is no way i'd think about shelling out $60 for 2k11.

If I could still have 2k8 on PS2 with updated rosters, i'd probably be playing that one.

why 2k is way better i think i have both. Also new my player features gameplay way better and JORDON

Kstat
09-27-2010, 09:37 PM
If Live 10 had a team-up mode that wasn't clan-exclusive, I might still be playing it.

Hicks
09-27-2010, 09:49 PM

Yeah, and I still think it's dumb, but at least I actually want 2k11, so it doesn't matter in that instance. I would be forcing myself to get Live just for the sake of some variety in my NBA gameplay.

Also, where did you read that they're doing that? It's news to me.

Kstat
09-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Pastapadre was spreading the word on it. 2K is going to be doing something called "online Pass," which will be the same basic thing. Speculation is it'll start with MLB 2K11.

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Pastapadre was spreading the word on it. 2K is going to be doing something called "online Pass," which will be the same basic thing. Speculation is it'll start with MLB 2K11.

i know thats why i said it would not be in 2k11 but will be there in the future

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah, and I still think it's dumb, but at least I actually want 2k11, so it doesn't matter in that instance. I would be forcing myself to get Live just for the sake of some variety in my NBA gameplay.

Also, where did you read that they're doing that? It's news to me.

u cant really blame them for wanting a piece of the used game market.

Really?
09-27-2010, 10:19 PM

This really sucks for people that traded in NBA Live 10...

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 10:21 PM
This really sucks for people that traded in NBA Live 10...

i have it i dont like it lol

Kstat
09-27-2010, 10:24 PM
too soon to call this title "NBA DELETE?"

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 10:24 PM
too soon to call this title "NBA DELETE?"

lol how do i change it??

Day-V
09-27-2010, 10:42 PM

:notamused:

BRushWithDeath
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Question out of pure curiosity:

Has the implementation of fees to play online, if used by a disc owner besides the original purchaser, done anything to alter either the price of used games or the trade-in value of said games?

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Question out of pure curiosity:

Has the implementation of fees to play online, if used by a disc owner besides the original purchaser, done anything to alter either the price of used games or the trade-in value of said games?

i ve seen madden for $45 instead of $55 to make up for online pass.

Eddie Gill
09-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Not grabbing for the quick buck at the expense of the consumer wins respect in my book anyway.

Not a Madden player then, I'm guessing?

xBulletproof
09-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Not a Madden player then, I'm guessing?

Nope, rented it this year (after 3 or 4 years of not playing it) to try Superstar mode. When I got 900 yards rushing with 12 combined rushing/receiving TD's in the first 3 games I took it back to Blockbuster. All on the All Madden difficulty. Yeah ... I was done.

Either way, that has no bearing on whether this was the right decision or not, and whether it was based on consumer perception. Which I believe it entirely was.

pacer4ever
09-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Nope, rented it this year (after 3 or 4 years of not playing it) to try Superstar mode. When I got 900 yards rushing with 12 combined rushing/receiving TD's in the first 3 games I took it back to Blockbuster. All on the All Madden difficulty. Yeah ... I was done.

Either way, that has no bearing on whether this was the right decision or not, and whether it was based on consumer perception. Which I believe it entirely was.

madden is a sad excuse for football fix the tackling and i will buy

Hibbert
09-27-2010, 11:58 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=446382
September 27, 2010 by MMChrisS

Peter Moore just confirmed NBA Elite 11's delay on his blog:

Quote:

Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and unsurpassed quality. The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next monthís launch. We are going to keep working until weíre certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

VERY SMART MOVE AND

blackflash83 09/27/2010 15:29:55 Subject: Re:IS this FOR REAL?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the news is true. NBA ELITE 11 has been delayed. When there is additional information to share with you guys I will be sure to do so. For now it's as the blog says, the game has been delayed.

NBA JAM for the Wii will still come out on October 5th and now NBA JAM will be released for PS3 and 360 as standalone versions.

JAM IS COMING OUT ALONE YES

What does this have to do with the pacers? Why isnt stuff like this moved to a different area? I get down on the games too but really?

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 12:03 AM
What does this have to do with the pacers? Why isnt stuff like this moved to a different area? I get down on the games too but really?

where eles would it go. it is NBA section / Pacers

Deadshot
09-28-2010, 12:06 AM

The thread is up to three pages and it involves a game with the Pacers in it, as well as every opponent they play. The title is pretty clear so you could have just skipped over it instead of coming in, reading it, quoting it, and replying.

Deadshot
09-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Now I'm considering picking up NBA Live 10 again in addition to 2K11. I used to have Live so I entered the DNA code then - I'm assuming that I don't need to buy a new copy now because a code was already entered for my gamertag?

Kstat
09-28-2010, 01:47 AM
What does the Carmelo thread have to do with the Pacers? Since when did a basketball-related topic have to be pacers-specific to be posted here? Why do you even care?

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 08:50 AM
I really like Peter Moore. What he did while he was at Microsoft really pushed the envelope in the gaming industry. I'm sure whatever he has up his sleeve for this game and the franchise moving forward will be pretty B.A..

Hibbert
09-28-2010, 12:04 PM
What does the Carmelo thread have to do with the Pacers? Since when did a basketball-related topic have to be pacers-specific to be posted here? Why do you even care?

Why do you? This has nothing to do with real life nba, its a video game, irrelevant.

Kstat
09-28-2010, 12:05 PM
It's an NBA related topic, so it's indeed relevant to a lot of people, myself included.

This is a forum for NBA-related topics. That includes a lot of things not directly related with "real-life NBA." There's FIBA discussion, off-court issues threads, even several about owning jerseys and one about a D-list country music singer.

None of these threads are directly tied to actual NBA basketball. Are you going to visit all of them to comment on how irrelevant they are?

Hibbert
09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
It's an NBA related topic, so it's indeed relevant to a lot of people, myself included.

This is a forum for NBA-related topics. That includes a lot of things not directly related with "real-life NBA." There's FIBA discussion, off-court issues threads, even several about owning jerseys and one about a D-list country music singer.

None of these threads are directly tied to actual NBA basketball. Are you going to visit all of them to comment on how irrelevant they are?

If I had as much time on my hands as you do than yeah I probably would.

Kstat
09-28-2010, 12:18 PM
If only we were all as cool as you....

Please, enlighten us on how we should run this forum, since you're clearly an expert on what should and should not matter.

Hibbert
09-28-2010, 12:56 PM
If only we were all as cool as you....

Please, enlighten us on how we should run this forum, since you're clearly an expert on what should and should not matter.

You dont run anything. Your a member just like me. My opinion matters just like yours or anyone else's. Sorry if I hurt your feelings/ego.

Kstat
09-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Notice I said "we," and not "I." on some level, this forum is run collectively, albeit with varying levels of influence. Sorry if I burst your bubble. But please go on with your expert opinion on what should and should not be allowed here.

Hibbert
09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Notice I said "we," and not "I." on some level, this forum is run collectively, albeit with varying levels of influence. Sorry if I burst your bubble. But please go on with your expert opinion on what should and should not be allowed here.

Thanks for your permission.

pacer4ever
09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
If I had as much time on my hands as you do than yeah I probably would.

WTF does it matter just read the title it says elite and skip over it if you are not interested . That is not very hard to do.

Kstat
09-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Well, he's a very important man with very little time on his hands, so it should be no trouble to not click on threads he doesn't find relevant...wait a second

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Freaking kids...enough!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lU2pTwrcsNo/SPNEJmbAV_I/AAAAAAAABRI/X_6fCuxnAHg/s400/GrannyClampett-729655.jpg