PDA

View Full Version : Celtics Waive Oliver Lafayette

pacer4ever
09-25-2010, 09:03 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69274/20100925/celtics_waive_oliver_lafayette/

Via Boston Herald

I loved Olivers game wonder where he will land doubt it will be with the pacers

BRushWithDeath
09-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Who?

GrangerRanger
09-25-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure where he'll land but I like how the media is already trying to make this into Lebron 2.0. That pesky ESPN will do anything for viewership.

Next weekend, Oliver Lafayette will announce what's next in his career on an hour long program in a bowling alley in Holden, Missouri. It's being billed and titled as "The Decision on if I should call it quits and retire, join the NBDL, play overseas, or become a janitor."

pacer4ever
09-26-2010, 01:08 AM
I'm not sure where he'll land but I like how the media is already trying to make this into Lebron 2.0. That pesky ESPN will do anything for viewership.

Next weekend, Oliver Lafayette will announce what's next in his career on an hour long program in a bowling alley in Holden, Missouri. It's being billed and titled as "The Decision on if I should call it quits and retire, join the NBDL, play overseas, or become a janitor."

no he will be playing in the nba just warming the bench for some1. But the kid can play just the Cs are loaded probly go 2 CLEV or TOR idk. He would problly get paid more to go overseas.

Coop
09-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Is this serious? You were able to decide you loved his game from 22 minutes of total playing time all year? I nominate this thread for Most Irrelevant in PD history.

Lance George
09-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Even Basketball Fan is wondering why in the hell you made a thread about this.

Kaufman
09-26-2010, 07:51 AM
And everyone is wondering when you are going to learn how to type so that your words are comprehendible. Would Ms. Gordon be pleased with this? I mean, you boast that she is your teacher and all. What is Ms. Gordon teaching? Does Eric Gordon type like this? I doubt it. I hope not.

Before you explained that you were bad at spelling, I thought it was okay. I thought maybe you learned english as a second language. I'm not even kidding. I have some clues for you. Sound the words out if you are having trouble.

I don't post that often on here but I do read daily. But you are wearing me down. This crap is wearing me down.

If it would help, yes. Yes, think of this as grammar class. And if you are here to talk about "my Pacers", well #1, the Pacers aren't yours, and #2) Oliver Lafayette isn't on your Pacers.

BornReady
09-26-2010, 09:13 AM
To be fair, I don't think this is any more relevant than the "They made a Jon Brockman Burger!"

pacer4ever
09-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Is this serious? You were able to decide you loved his game from 22 minutes of total playing time all year? I nominate this thread for Most Irrelevant in PD history.

no he played in summer league this year watched all the games

pacer4ever
09-26-2010, 01:01 PM
And everyone is wondering when you are going to learn how to type so that your words are comprehendible. Would Ms. Gordon be pleased with this? I mean, you boast that she is your teacher and all. What is Ms. Gordon teaching? Does Eric Gordon type like this? I doubt it. I hope not.

Before you explained that you were bad at spelling, I thought it was okay. I thought maybe you learned english as a second language. I'm not even kidding. I have some clues for you. Sound the words out if you are having trouble.

I don't post that often on here but I do read daily. But you are wearing me down. This crap is wearing me down.

If it would help, yes. Yes, think of this as grammar class. And if you are here to talk about "my Pacers", well #1, the Pacers aren't yours, and #2) Oliver Lafayette isn't on your Pacers.
what cant you understand????????????

BRushWithDeath
09-26-2010, 01:01 PM
no he played in summer league this year watched all the games

Then he must be a superstar.

pacer4ever
09-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Then he must be a superstar.

all i said was i liked his game not that he will be an all star. I personaly like his game ok. Im not saying he will be great. I liked fred jones game to but he didnt ever evolve into anything.

BRushWithDeath
09-26-2010, 01:22 PM
The point is that there is no reason to make a new thread for every scrub who gets cut before the season starts.

Hicks
09-26-2010, 01:40 PM
He can make a thread about this guy getting cut if he wants to. No one should be implying that he can't.

If you don't give a damn about Oliver Lafeyette, fine, but that's not his problem.

As for his typing, well, several have reached out to him on that, he's made it clear he doesn't plan on changing, so accept that and ignore him if it bothers you. Busting his balls isn't going to help.

cordobes
10-05-2010, 07:51 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69274/20100925/celtics_waive_oliver_lafayette/

Via Boston Herald

I loved Olivers game wonder where he will land doubt it will be with the pacers

Why do you love his game? I thought he's a nicely skilled combo-guard, with a versatile game, but lacking the physical/athletic tools to be a productive NBA player. He's just average at everything and guys like him need to be really good at something. If he were bigger or quicker or more explosive or a really great outside shooter... But with his skill-set, I'm not sure what makes him a NBA player.

I think he'll land in the D-League, Mexico, South Korea. Maybe Turkey.

You were able to decide you loved his game from 22 minutes of total playing time all year?

Lafayette played for Fort Wayne last season and very successfully. He probably knows him from there?

cordobes
10-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Signed with Partizan Belgrade.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/76777/180/partizan-mt-s-grabs-lafayette-at-point-guard

Nicely done. Competitive team, great coach, great fans. He'll have lots on pressure on him to replace Bo McCalebb adequately though.

pacer4ever
10-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Signed with Partizan Belgrade.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/76777/180/partizan-mt-s-grabs-lafayette-at-point-guard

Nicely done. Competitive team, great coach, great fans. He'll have lots on pressure on him to replace Bo McCalebb adequately though.

thank you now i can follow him in euro he has talent is he gonna be starting??

cordobes
10-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, he was signed to be the starter (he'll either be the starter or kicked out of there anyway, they don't pay to foreign players to be on the bench).

He'll have fun and develop his game. Players love the experience of playing for Partizan, except for the part they pay very small salaries relatively speaking. This is a nice article about them:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/The-Anatomy-of-an-Underdog-Partizan-Belgrade-3400/