PDA

View Full Version : NBA coaches interview: Jim O'Brien

Trophy
09-24-2010, 04:23 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/09/24/20100924_ind_obrien.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

NuffSaid
09-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Although he really doesn't say anything Earth shattering, it is interesting that he'd speak first of the importance of strong defense at the Point rather than speak on the importance of pushing the ball and getting out in transition. Of course, it is strong defense that promotes fast-break play.

I guess as fans we tend to focus on what's often said from or concerning our head coach or what we see our team doing most often. In this case, it's shoot the 3-ball often and by darn near everyone. When they're falling and the team is leading, it's a thing of beauty. But when you're losing or barely holding a lead and you're missing them, suddenly your coaching philosophy comes off as foolishness.

Hopefully, the Pacers will get back to playing stronger defense and can become a much more efficient scoring team in the process.

The 2010-2011 NBA season can't come fast enough! I'm beyond ready for it!!

ChristianDudley
09-24-2010, 06:17 PM
He's always been preaching defense, but I've never seen any. lol

Hicks
09-25-2010, 12:07 AM
He's always been preaching defense, but I've never seen any. lol

Let me ask you this, which was better last year, our team offense, or our team defense?