PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings: pacers 22

pacer4ever
09-24-2010, 04:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Friday, Sept. 24

Can't remember the last time Indy had this much to talk about besides Granger: 1. Collison. 2. George. 3. Hibbert. 4. The prospect of a trade or two instead of waiting to see if cap space can lead to a big summer score.

CooperManning
09-24-2010, 04:13 PM
This is the blurb:

Can't remember the last time Indy had this much to talk about besides Granger: 1. Collison. 2. George. 3. Hibbert. 4. The prospect of a trade or two instead of waiting to see if cap space can lead to a big summer score.

pacer4ever
09-24-2010, 04:15 PM
This is the blurb:

ya sry ill add that in

Major Cold
09-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Have I told how much I love preseason power rankings?

Cactus Jax
09-24-2010, 09:40 PM
I think way too much credit is given to the Spurs in this article, I just dont see them as a 2 or 3 seed in the west.

ChristianDudley
09-24-2010, 09:46 PM
I think way too much credit is given to the Spurs in this article, I just dont see them as a 2 or 3 seed in the west.

I'm not even sure if they can make the playoffs, let alone be a top seed.

SycamoreKen
09-24-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm not even sure if they can make the playoffs, let alone be a top seed.

Seriously? With the 3 main guys healthy after not playing in the Worlds, Hill and Blair both getting better, any assuming Jefferson makes and progress, this is still a playoff team. the rest of the group isn't bad, especially if Splitter can be a reliable option. Championship run? Probably not, but the playoffs are going to happen baring injuries of course.

SMosley21
09-25-2010, 03:04 PM
I put about as much weight into their preseason rankings as I do their weekly point projections in fantasy football, which is to say NOT MUCH.

MyFavMartin
09-25-2010, 03:49 PM
I'd say 15 on is a big cluster of teams of which any could come out... Of course, the Knicks are going to get the benefit since it's New York, but I could see the Pacers at #16, realistically.

Of course, I could see them coming out on fire to start the season and then JOB messing things up and people screaming for a coaching change while Larry doesn't pull the trigger going into a CBA off-season.

PacerFan31
09-25-2010, 04:11 PM
CBS has us at 19 and FOX Sports has us at 26

MyFavMartin
09-25-2010, 04:42 PM
My power rankings assuming the nets/cats/nuggets/jazz trade goes off as rumored:

1. lakers
2. heat
3. magic
4. mavs
5. celtics
6. bulls
7. thunder
8. spurs
9. blazers
10. rockets
11. hawks
12. jazz
13. bucks
14. nuggets
15. nets
16. grizzlies
17. pacers
18. bobcats
19. hornets
20. knicks
21. clippers
22. suns
23. 76ers
24. kings
25. pistons
26. wizards
27. warriors
28. cavs
29. raptors
30. wolves

Putnam
09-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm a big believer in letting the teams play, and then making my assessment of their power based on the results of the games.

cdash
09-26-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm a big believer in letting the teams play, and then making my assessment of their power based on the results of the games.

Well, yeah, I think pretty much everyone is like that, but when nobody has played a game yet, you have to do the best with the information you have. It's a fun little exercise meant for entertainment, nothing more.

pacer4ever
09-26-2010, 05:03 PM
My power rankings assuming the nets/cats/nuggets/jazz trade goes off as rumored:

1. lakers
2. heat
3. magic
4. mavs
5. celtics
6. bulls
7. thunder
8. spurs
9. blazers
10. rockets
11. hawks
12. jazz
13. bucks
14. nuggets
15. nets
16. grizzlies
17. pacers
18. bobcats
19. hornets
20. knicks
21. clippers
22. suns
23. 76ers
24. kings
25. pistons
26. wizards
27. warriors
28. cavs
29. raptors
30. wolves

i like that but i think the bobcats would be higher with devin harris. Dont sleep on the clippers they have talent

duke dynamite
09-26-2010, 10:51 PM
No games have been played let alone camp started. I am calling this BS, non-newsworthy. Play a game or two and get back to me, ESPN.

Thanks.

O'Bird
09-27-2010, 12:12 AM

1. lakers
2. heat
3. magic
4. mavs
5. celtics
6. bulls
7. thunder
8. spurs
9. blazers
10. rockets
11. hawks
12. jazz
13. bucks
14. nuggets
15. nets
16. grizzlies
17. pacers

That would make the Pacers the eighth seed. So you're predicting playoffs for Indiana this year?

You have the Nets at the seventh seed - really?

MyFavMartin
09-27-2010, 11:22 AM
That would make the Pacers the eighth seed. So you're predicting playoffs for Indiana this year?

You have the Nets at the seventh seed - really?

If they land Melo, yes.

And yes, for the Pacers and the #8 spot.

I have problems with the Knicks talent level outside of Amare'...

Cats have no frontcourt outside of the off-and-on Tyrus Thomas and are particularly weak at the Center position... Devin would definitely make up for the loss of Felton, but losing Diaw would cost some wins.

Definitely not sold on the Wiz, which have Wall who will be fantastic, but the team will still not play defense outside of McGee, who Flip has problems playing for some reason...

Philly can't figure anything out team chemistry wise...

Toronto's going to really miss Bosh and now Davis to start the season, not that he was going to do much anyway...

I would take our core of DC2 + DG + Roy and our supplemental pieces over any of these teams, and one could make a case about ranking the Pacers ahead of the Nets with their PG situation.

RE: Our PF situation... I think TH will do adequately well and DG will get some spot minutes....

Robertmto
09-28-2010, 02:39 AM
If they land Melo, yes.

And yes, for the Pacers and the #8 spot.

I have problems with the Knicks talent level outside of Amare'...

Cats have no frontcourt outside of the off-and-on Tyrus Thomas and are particularly weak at the Center position... Devin would definitely make up for the loss of Felton, but losing Diaw would cost some wins.

Definitely not sold on the Wiz, which have Wall who will be fantastic, but the team will still not play defense outside of McGee, who Flip has problems playing for some reason...

Philly can't figure anything out team chemistry wise...

Toronto's going to really miss Bosh and now Davis to start the season, not that he was going to do much anyway...

I would take our core of DC2 + DG + Roy and our supplemental pieces over any of these teams, and one could make a case about ranking the Pacers ahead of the Nets with their PG situation.

RE: Our PF situation... I think TH will do adequately well and DG will get some spot minutes....

i forgot Wall/Hinrich isnt a top tier defensive back court :rolleyes: