PDA

View Full Version : The Kansas City Magic?

Hicks
08-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Could happen:

Click me (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/columnists/orl-sptbianchi15081504aug15,0,6927438.column?coll=orl-sports-headlines)

I didn't know this was even a possibility; Orlando Magic moving to Kansas City. That'd be..... weird. And it would screw with the new divisional alignments.

Aw Heck
08-15-2004, 06:47 PM
I think if that happened, Kansas City would be in the West and Memphis would move East. At least that makes sense, geographically wise.

MSA2CF
08-15-2004, 08:12 PM
I doubt there'd be any realignment.

I hope the Magic move to Kansas City.

Kegboy
08-15-2004, 08:47 PM
No, they need to move to St. Louis. That way, the Pacers and the other former ABA teams don't have to keep paying royalties to the former owners of the Spirit.

ABADays
08-15-2004, 09:50 PM
No, they need to move to St. Louis. That way, the Pacers and the other former ABA teams don't have to keep paying royalties to the former owners of the Spirit.

Boy, that's the truth. Why Kansas City? They already lost a basketball and hockey team.

indygeezer
08-15-2004, 11:03 PM
And that's probably why Vancouver DIDN"T move there. I'd love to see KC and even St. L get NBA bball. Get the NBA back out to middle America and make it a national sport rather than a "all the teams you want to see are on a coast" league.

Roaming Gnome
08-15-2004, 11:25 PM
What was wrong with Kansas City 20 years ago? Was fan support the problem with the Kings before they moved to Omaha and then onto Sacramento? Wasn't Kemper Arena brand new when the Kings went to KC back in the day?

What is so different now?

I know Orlando is on the hook for a new arena, but for some reason I could see the Hornets franchise moving to KC before Orlando because New Orleans has major questions reguarding fan support and sponser support.

Thank God we got the Fieldhouse...because these stories always seem to follow small market teams.

Lord Helmet
08-15-2004, 11:59 PM
I think Kansas City could support an NBA team.IMO they have one of the best fan bases for an NFL team.I mean when the Colts played them in the playoffs (Which where the Colts were the underdogs)The place was as loud as a Jet plane taking off.

Anthem
08-16-2004, 01:10 AM
I'm still waiting for my Las Vegas Hornets... :devil:

MSA2CF
08-16-2004, 05:36 PM
I agree that the Jazz---oops, :blush:, the Hornets should leave New Orleans. Nobody is going to the games.

SycamoreKen
08-16-2004, 07:27 PM
I'm still waiting for my Las Vegas Hornets... :devil:

You may have a better chance at having the Las Vegas Kings.

Kegboy
08-16-2004, 08:23 PM
What was wrong with Kansas City 20 years ago? Was fan support the problem with the Kings before they moved to Omaha and then onto Sacramento? Wasn't Kemper Arena brand new when the Kings went to KC back in the day?

That's a very good question.

:whoknows:

Anthem
08-16-2004, 10:57 PM
This was supposed to be a witty comment about the fact that the Magic would still be able to use the weather as a recruitment ploy, but I couldn't figure out how to put it together. The idea is to reference H.Charlie without being too obvious.

Somebody help me. My brain has leaked out of my ear.