PDA

View Full Version : OT- Who's Played?

RimBender
08-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Have any of ya'll been on a basketball team before?
What position and kind of stats etc. did you have?

Vicious Tyrant
08-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Good question, I'm interested in what responses you get.

Sadly, I never played organized bball. I was a tall, gawky teenager. By the time I kind of "grew into" my height (late HS), it was too late to catch up in the skills.

I'm 6'6" and 245 lbs now, so I think I could have been a decent power forward if I'd matured a little quicker. I'm still painfully slow and can't hardly jump over a credit card, but I like to bang, have a nice soft jumper, and can time blocks pretty well. I can hold my own in most any pick up game.

RimBender
08-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Well,

I'ma senior at Fort Knox High School, this is my first year playing for them, seeing as i just moved up here for Ft. Polk, LA. I'm only 5'7, 132 lbs. I can play the 1 or the 2. Very quick, nice handle, great rebounder(white boy gots hops) best skill i have is my passing. My defense could use work but I can actually play it unlike some people.
Thats why coaches love me. ;)

At my old school, Leesville High School, I avg. 12 ppg 4 rpg and 5 apg as a junior.

I'll keep you posted on my stats this year when the season rolls around.

skyfire
08-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Here in Melbourne, Australia our basketball structure works abit different to the US.

Roughly divided up in increasing levels of seriousness.

Social, School, Domestic, District.

I've played, coached and reffed at all levels to varying degrees. I currently play 2 nights a week in social competitions, as a SF/PF, good rebounder, defender and passer, decent shooter when i get around to practicing enough :P

Stryder
08-15-2004, 04:25 PM
I played high school and college ball.

Now play in a rec. league at work.

Miller_time04
08-15-2004, 11:45 PM
I am going to be a senior this year..And will be trying out for the team..I just moved from FL but I played ball there from Freshman to Junior. I think I averaged like 10 ppg 10 rpg and 3 apg. I played PF and I am about 6'6" 245 lbs.

I hope to go onto college ball but I dunno.

Vicious Tyrant
08-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey, this thread is falling down the page. I was looking forward to some more responses....

Anyone? Anyone?