PDA

View Full Version : What does Magnum's tweet mean?

Trader Joe
09-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Seems like we're playing this game a lot lately...

a15magnum (http://twitter.com/a15magnum)
The front office team really b holding it down thanks MT, ms P, and big thanks for ms Sonya for coming tru today along with D Morway

Is he going to be signed? Is there a trade happening?

luis3ep
09-23-2010, 11:52 AM
same thing i was wondering... wonder if Wells or some pacers insiders reveal what was behind that later on today..

I Love P
09-23-2010, 12:07 PM
This might help...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/471148-indiana-pacers-gm-discusses-pf-situation-magnum-rolle-tj-ford-and-more

Trader Joe
09-23-2010, 12:10 PM
^^^Just Morway toeing the basic company line...

Trader Joe
09-23-2010, 12:16 PM
He's got some seriously weird tweets in the past two hours, he went on a tweeting rampage.

All of these are from his twitter in the past two hours...

I'm grow tiered of these grown man liars... It's close to being done I feel it

The words been there and I came up with 3p's for short and I'm bout to take it to a new level cuz I'm like windows 7

Tall changing ya mind to much I'm bout to role the dice 1 shot (I think tall is supposed to be yall)

Long term for ya benefit or short term and say I'm out...

I keep thinking how so young people die from old age, decision, life contracts, gf will do it to a young man

I'm the bright light that will light this city up, but I'm staying patient when most wouldn't, I'm doing what they ask of me.... 3p's

The front office team really b holding it down thanks MT, ms P, and big thanks for ms Sonya for coming tru today along with D Morway

I feel like something has to be up...

PaceBalls
09-23-2010, 12:22 PM
His agent.. if he has one, needs to get him off twitter. In fact it should be team policy that twitter and facebook is off limits.

For instance, who is he calling "Grown Man Liars.." just not good form... for business or for the english language...

SMosley21
09-23-2010, 12:27 PM
This might help...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/471148-indiana-pacers-gm-discusses-pf-situation-magnum-rolle-tj-ford-and-more

Wait, this can't be of any substance because it's from Bleacher Report

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the link

SMosley21
09-23-2010, 12:29 PM
His agent.. if he has one, needs to get him off twitter. In fact it should be team policy that twitter and facebook is off limits.

For instance, who is he calling "Grown Man Liars.." just not good form... for business or for the english language...

Who says it has anything to do with a contract? Magnum and Paul George and Roy Hibbert have been on twitter HEAVILY and it has A LOT to do with fans being so excited about this coming season. Taking twitter away from them would be a giant step backwards as far as winning the fans back.

Pacers#1Fan
09-23-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm a 21-year-old college student and hang with a wide variety of people... I STILL don't understand half of Magnum's tweets. So for the older crowd on PD that thinks this is just a "young" thing, I assure for the most part it is not. I love his enthusiasm don't get me wrong, but dude makes no sense.

Hicks
09-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Wait, this can't be of any substance because it's from Bleacher Report

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the link

This would be a rare exception, and it's not surprising that the reason for this exception is that he actually went to a real source for information instead of just publishing his own idle speculation.

count55
He's got some seriously weird tweets in the past two hours, he went on a tweeting rampage.

All of these are from his twitter in the past two hours...

I feel like something has to be up...

Looks like all of those got deleted. I remember seeing at least the one that mention short term/long term, but they're all gone, now. (Except for the one about the front office.)

Psyren
I tend to believe something is up as well that we may find out later today.

Then again, I've been wrong many times before, so what do I know? :p

BornReady
09-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I tend to believe something is up as well that we may find out later today.

Then again, I've been wrong many times before, so what do I know? :p

I hope you're right haha

pacer4ever
09-23-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm a 21-year-old college student and hang with a wide variety of people... I STILL don't understand half of Magnum's tweets. So for the older crowd on PD that thinks this is just a "young" thing, I assure for the most part it is not. I love his enthusiasm don't get me wrong, but dude makes no sense.

he is saying thank you to the management and front office MT=management

and saying thank you to morway for coming though thursday

he is not dumb it is just the lingo he speak in text form

Psyren
09-23-2010, 01:01 PM

But what is he thanking Morway for? Drafting him? Letting him come to camp? Buying him dinner?

pacer4ever
09-23-2010, 01:02 PM
But what is he thanking Morway for? Drafting him? Letting him come to camp? Buying him dinner?

that i dont know i was just clarifing for the guy who didnt understand the tweet. Hopeully for signing him:)

IndyHoosier
09-23-2010, 01:08 PM
"Originally Posted by Magnum's Twitter
I'm grow tiered of these grown man liars... It's close to being done I feel it"

This one is a lyric by Drake- Light Up

I had to google it though, lol, I figured some of these were song lyrics.

Trophy
09-23-2010, 01:10 PM
He didn't say anything about Bird and I don't even know who the other people are other than Morway.

King Phoenix
09-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Hello everyone I'm King Phoenix a new PD user but i've been on this site everyday since like June maybe may! I'm from indianapolis and been a pacers fan all my life! I even like Reggie over Jordan as a kid! Probably the only kid I knew who did...but hello to all and hope to shake things up around here but....NOW FOR THE MAIN COURSE!

To answer all questions about magnums tweeds is the fact that people are taking his quotes to seriously...when he went on the tweet rambling he was doing nothing more than......WAIT FOR IT......WAIT FOR IT.....TWEETING PARTS OF A SONG ENTITLED LIGHT UP BY DRAKE AND JAY - Z!

For example: GROWN MAN LIARS-DRAKE, HOW YOUNG CAN YOU DIE FROM OLD AGE- ARE NOTHING MORE THAN DRAKES LINES!

WINDOWS SEVEN LINES AND STUFF ARE NONE OTHER THAN JAY Z LINES!

So there u have it!

Brad8888
09-23-2010, 01:55 PM
"ms Sonya" may well refer to Sonya Clutinger, the Pacers' Director/Basketball Operations according to http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/staff_directory.html.

Looking like things are about to happen, to me.

I Love P
09-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Hopefully big news, like a trade.

SMosley21
09-23-2010, 02:10 PM
"ms Sonya" may well refer to Sonya Clutinger, the Pacers' Director/Basketball Operations according to http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/staff_directory.html.

Looking like things are about to happen, to me.

Could very well be the case, but that link is a little out dated

Vice President/Player Relations......................................... ........... Sam Perkins

CableKC
09-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Seems like we're playing this game a lot lately...

a15magnum (http://twitter.com/a15magnum)

Is he going to be signed? Is there a trade happening?
Is this the tweet from Magnum?

I'm trying to go through his twitter responses on his page and can't figure out what you're referring to.

Pacers#1Fan
09-23-2010, 02:28 PM

Yeah, that's about the only one I got........

Trophy
09-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Hopefully big news, like a trade.

Hopefully not a trade involving Magnum's draft rights.

Maybe we cut someone and Magnum was told that he's going to take that spot.

IndyHoosier
09-23-2010, 02:53 PM

Who do we cut? The only 2 roster spots that I see being cut are Solo or Posey, both experienced players at a position of need. Is Magnum better than both? Maybe?

I guess we will see in the next few weeks.

aceace
09-23-2010, 02:58 PM

I don't think anyone gets cut until the last minute. Trades will happen right up until the last minute before rosters have to be set.

MLB007
09-23-2010, 03:00 PM

He's no DC for sure. (speaking)

Trophy
09-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Who do we cut? The only 2 roster spots that I see being cut are Solo or Posey, both experienced players at a position of need. Is Magnum better than both? Maybe?

I guess we will see in the next few weeks.

Yeah he's at least better Solo who has the best chance of being cut.

Posey won't be cut. He's a SF anyway so you can't really say if he's better or worse than Magnum.

bphil
09-23-2010, 03:27 PM
The Pacers own his rights, they'd be stupid to do anything until after camp when he has either proven his worth (or not).

Trust me, if he's good enough, they'll find room for him.

pacer4ever
09-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah he's at least better Solo who has the best chance of being cut.

Posey won't be cut. He's a SF anyway so you can't really say if he's better or worse than Magnum.

to me magnum looks way better than solo. solo cant shoot or play offnse in JOBs "system" lol. Magnum reminds me of a young JO tons of talent but is really really raw. In 5 yrs i woulnt be suprised if he was a 20 and 8 type of guy. That is if he puts the work in like JO did here

Trader Joe
09-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Hello everyone I'm King Phoenix a new PD user but i've been on this site everyday since like June maybe may! I'm from indianapolis and been a pacers fan all my life! I even like Reggie over Jordan as a kid! Probably the only kid I knew who did...but hello to all and hope to shake things up around here but....NOW FOR THE MAIN COURSE!

To answer all questions about magnums tweeds is the fact that people are taking his quotes to seriously...when he went on the tweet rambling he was doing nothing more than......WAIT FOR IT......WAIT FOR IT.....TWEETING PARTS OF A SONG ENTITLED LIGHT UP BY DRAKE AND JAY - Z!

For example: GROWN MAN LIARS-DRAKE, HOW YOUNG CAN YOU DIE FROM OLD AGE- ARE NOTHING MORE THAN DRAKES LINES!

WINDOWS SEVEN LINES AND STUFF ARE NONE OTHER THAN JAY Z LINES!

So there u have it!

Why delete them after the fact then?

They may be lyrics, but I think he was definitely using them to represent his anger or frustration towards something involving the team.

Since86
09-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Why delete them after the fact then?

Because it raises eyebrows to people that don't understand where it's coming from? The ambiguity of the statement makes people take it in the wrong direction. I think just tweeting that they were song lyrics and not meant to be taken like he was trying to convey a thought about his situation would be the ideal way to handle it.

But I can easily understand why someone would just delete something that raises eyebrows, instead of explaining it, because it's easier to do.

Trader Joe
09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Eh...Someone told him to delete them then if I had to guess, either way they seemed a little strange and then to be followed up by the "Thanks management" tweet. Just strange, I'm not taking off my tin foil hat on this one.

BornReady
09-23-2010, 04:05 PM
LOL that makes me wonder if they have somebody trolling these boards constantly

Since86
09-23-2010, 04:13 PM
He probably visits this board.

Trader Joe
09-23-2010, 04:15 PM

:tinfoil:

graphic-er
09-23-2010, 04:47 PM

No proof, just speculation.:rolleyes: :)

xBulletproof
09-23-2010, 04:52 PM
No proof, just speculation.:rolleyes: :)

Some speculation is based on more sound logic than other people's. :)

graphic-er
09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Some speculation is based on more sound logic than other people's. :)

:-o :laugh:

cramerica
09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Hopefully he's better on the court than he is at expressing himself through twitter. I don't understand why people on twitter can't type normal words.

Sookie
09-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Hopefully he's better on the court than he is at expressing himself through twitter. I don't understand why people on twitter can't type normal words.

It's just like texting..you know
"wut" instead of "what" kinda normal behavior actually, although a little bit annoying.

graphic-er
09-23-2010, 04:58 PM
no but seriously you have to imagine or speculate that he is probably pretty fed up with the TPTB. He's done nothing but good since he has been here, worked hard, kept out of trouble, played great in Summer League, impressed the coaches. And yet still a deaf man gets signed before him.

So they maybe song lyrics, but I think they aptly say whats on his mind.

graphic-er
09-23-2010, 04:59 PM
It's just like texting..you know
"wut" instead of "what" kinda normal behavior actually, although a little bit annoying.

You're kidding, right? Wut vs. What equals one less character used in the 140 character limit of the twitter. All those characters add up to give you extra words.

Note: I only tried twitter for one week and decided its an incredible waste of time.

Trader Joe
09-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Most of us have never seen Magnum Rolle play a second of competitive basketball against NBA talent, and we already think he's worth signing.

About all he's done well since he got here is 1.) perform better than expected in summer league (NBA graveyard is littered with guys who did the same) and 2.) tweet a whole lot and seem like an OK kid. Neither of those things are reasons to put him on the roster.

I'm not saying it'll be bad if we sign him somehow, I'm just saying can we stop acting like we're making an all-star wait in limbo for a contract and treat him for what he actually is?

Sookie
09-23-2010, 05:01 PM
You're kidding, right? Wut vs. What equals one less character used in the 140 character limit of the twitter. All those characters add up to give you extra words.

Note: I only tried twitter for one week and decided its an incredible waste of time.

I didn't really think of it that way, I just meant people type how they text on Twitter.

croz24
09-23-2010, 05:27 PM
am i the only one who's actually looking forward to our pf play this year? as long as mcroberts, hansbrough, and rolle are getting the minutes there i am very anxious to see how they perform. i think they'll surprise some people.

O'Bird
09-23-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm not saying it'll be bad if we sign him somehow, I'm just saying can we stop acting like we're making an all-star wait in limbo for a contract and treat him for what he actually is?

I'm surprised that there aren't more posters who think he's not a "real" power forward, but I suppose that will happen sooner or later.

I wonder if he could guard 3's, but the point is probably moot.

pacer4ever
09-23-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm surprised that there aren't more posters who think he's not a "real" power forward, but I suppose that will happen sooner or later.

dude he is 6'11 with a low post game he is a 4 he just needs to gain wieght

pacer4ever
09-23-2010, 06:39 PM
no but seriously you have to imagine or speculate that he is probably pretty fed up with the TPTB. He's done nothing but good since he has been here, worked hard, kept out of trouble, played great in Summer League, impressed the coaches. And yet still a deaf man gets signed before him.

So they maybe song lyrics, but I think they aptly say whats on his mind.

the deaf man is not signed he is invited to training camp lol HUGE DIFFERNCE

graphic-er
09-23-2010, 06:55 PM
the deaf man is not signed he is invited to training camp lol HUGE DIFFERNCE

So he doesn't have a contract just for training camp?

pacer4ever
09-23-2010, 07:07 PM
So he doesn't have a contract just for training camp?

he is not on the basketball team he has to beat out the other players to make the team(it's a unguarnteeed contract). When(if) magnum signs he will be on the team allred mostly agreed because tlyer was hurt also foster and the deal in the czch republic fell thogh. There is 0 chance he makes the team.(if we are healthy)

but he might make some money for being on the camp team but i dont really know. in camp you can have 18 players thats all i know

King Phoenix
09-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Because it raises eyebrows to people that don't understand where it's coming from? The ambiguity of the statement makes people take it in the wrong direction. I think just tweeting that they were song lyrics and not meant to be taken like he was trying to convey a thought about his situation would be the ideal way to handle it.

But I can easily understand why someone would just delete something that raises eyebrows, instead of explaining it, because it's easier to do.

EXACTLY LOOK NO FURTHER THAN DG! REMEMBER HIS DEAD DONKEYS/DEODORANT FIASCO. EVEN AFTER HE EXPLAINED IT PEOPLE STILL DIDNT CUT HIM ANY SLACK THE DAMAGE WAS DONE SO ANYTHING HE SAID WOULD JUS SEEM LIKE PR CLEANUP SO WHY NOT JUS DELETE IT BEFORE EVERYONE HEARS ABOUT IT AND SEES FOR THEMSELF AND THEN ITS A BIG HEADLINE! MAGNUMS SMART!

Day-V
09-24-2010, 03:32 AM
EXACTLY LOOK NO FURTHER THAN DG! REMEMBER HIS DEAD DONKEYS/DEODORANT FIASCO. EVEN AFTER HE EXPLAINED IT PEOPLE STILL DIDNT CUT HIM ANY SLACK THE DAMAGE WAS DONE SO ANYTHING HE SAID WOULD JUS SEEM LIKE PR CLEANUP SO WHY NOT JUS DELETE IT BEFORE EVERYONE HEARS ABOUT IT AND SEES FOR THEMSELF AND THEN ITS A BIG HEADLINE! MAGNUMS SMART!

Let's take it easy on the Red Bulls there, Chief.

Brad8888
09-24-2010, 09:32 AM

Depends entirely on if and how he is utilized as a player.

From what we have seen in highlight videos of him from college in his introductory highlight threads as well as what we saw in summer league, Magnum is possibly the most traditional 4 the Pacers would have assuming he is signed. Obviously there is a distinct possibility (if not likelihood) that this limited exposure has not portrayed Magnum accurately, but the Pacers valued him enough to pay to get the possibility of signing him during the draft.

He appears to box out, have rebounding potential, and at least has decent footwork and positioning to handle a position down low instead of at the elbow or the arc. It would not surprise me, in an alternate universe, if Rolle even might be able to "carve out rotational minutes" (in other words, get limited playing time during non-critical and garbage time) during his rookie season due to these skills. O'Brien himself, as I am sure you remember, even went as far as to say that Rolle was surprisingly the best of the three rookies (I believe referring to his ability to be a factor coming in and making a contribution as a rookie) at some point during summer league play. That may have been a motivational ploy on his part to motivate other players including the other two rookies, as well as the other young power or stretch 4's previously with the team, but I could see at least some truth behind what was said regarding Rolle during this limited view of him.

Obviously with Hansbrough healthy enough to play, his development is key to success on the interior and the offense will likely include plays for him due to his ability to get to the line, leaving little room for anyone else there once Tyler adjusts to both basketball and then NBA basketball once more, unless McRoberts is successful in his conversion to an elbow / perimeter player who occasionally drives to the basket and hits Roy with backcut passes and lobs.

So, apparently Roy and Danny get to guard the 4's along with Roy guarding the 5's with Jeff backing both up. Rolle (as well as Hansbrough and McRoberts) guarding 3's? How about Rolle and Hansbrough shooting 3's, too, as McRoberts has been instructed to do?????? By the way, green font is the color of sarcasm around here.

Rolle is potentially the closest thing to being a player who might possess a traditional power forward skillset that might end up on the roster, but that has little utility for the Pacers unless there is a significant change in strategies employed on both ends of the court. He will simply be depth for future years if he is signed, which is a good thing for the Pacers if they can somehow make, and afford to keep, roster space open for him.

BillS
09-24-2010, 09:53 AM
OMGWEERBKOMINGCMPLETLYULLITERATE...

BPump33
09-24-2010, 09:55 AM
OMGWEERBKOMINGCMPLETLYULLITERATE...

I wish I couldn't read that, but unfortunately I didn't have a problem with it.

Trader Joe
09-24-2010, 09:56 AM

One of the more coherent thoughts to be honest.

pacergod2
09-24-2010, 11:37 AM

The one thing I think being overlooked by many is that with the PF rotation being Hansborough, McRoberts, and Rolle, PF is our most athletic position. I am not overrating their basketball skills at this point, but those are three very athletic PF's. We couldn't say that until this year, with Hansborough injured and Murphy being around. Rolle brings a ton of athleticism and IMO, could be a horse in the Pick and Rolle given his development and rapport with the PGs. We need to sign him. I hope we can sign him to a potentially longer term deal for less money. Give him a four year minimum deal, much like we gave Lance and AJ.

O'Bird
09-24-2010, 12:21 PM
dude he is 6'11 with a low post game he is a 4 he just needs to gain wieght

He's - generously - listed at 225. A year ago he was at 200. There's a limit to how much he'll be able to put on his frame, and anyway he's probably better off not putting on too much, since his edge is speed and agility - and he can certainly jump.

Low post game? Probably never happen at the NBA level for him, and hasn't shown much up to now. But he's a good midrange shooter already, though he takes some time to get into his motion.

If he became a backup 4 who can consistently pop from the elbows, offensive rebound, and block shots off the ball I'm sure they'd be ecstatic.

_________

Eleazar
09-24-2010, 02:02 PM
am i the only one who's actually looking forward to our pf play this year? as long as mcroberts, hansbrough, and rolle are getting the minutes there i am very anxious to see how they perform. i think they'll surprise some people.

I would if we didn't have JOB as the head coach.

pacer4ever
09-24-2010, 03:59 PM
I would if we didn't have JOB as the head coach.

ya me to

Anthem
09-24-2010, 10:14 PM
The way forward is the way back.

Actually, the ancient Greek written by the Apostle Paul had all capital letters, no spaces, and no punctuation. To "read" something was to read it out loud. You pretty much had to sound it out to even see what was being said.

Somebody (Tertullian maybe?) said about somebody else (really, I just don't remember) that "He was the smartest man I've ever known... he could read without moving his lips."

IndyHoosier
09-24-2010, 10:38 PM

Actually, the ancient Greek written by the Apostle Paul had all capital letters, no spaces, and no punctuation. To "read" something was to read it out loud. You pretty much had to sound it out to even see what was being said.

Somebody (Tertullian maybe?) said about somebody else (really, I just don't remember) that "He was the smartest man I've ever known... he could read without moving his lips."

Wow, you are white & nerdy!! ;)

IndyHoosier
09-24-2010, 10:41 PM
The one thing I think being overlooked by many is that with the PF rotation being Hansborough, McRoberts, and Rolle, PF is our most athletic position. I am not overrating their basketball skills at this point, but those are three very athletic PF's. We couldn't say that until this year, with Hansborough injured and Murphy being around. Rolle brings a ton of athleticism and IMO, could be a horse in the Pick and Rolle given his development and rapport with the PGs. We need to sign him. I hope we can sign him to a potentially longer term deal for less money. Give him a four year minimum deal, much like we gave Lance and AJ.

I am not sure I want our PF position to be "athletic". I see that position as a bruiser, stay the f@#K out of my lane type of position. I would rather my 2 & 3 to be "athletic". JMO!!

09-25-2010, 12:00 AM

Agreed. I am 25. Come on, the guy didn't attend college to receive an education. Unfortunately, this is the reality of collegiate sports in the wake of and under the influence of professional sports.

O'Bird
10-03-2010, 02:09 AM

So true. Obieball, by the way, is Red-era Boston Celtics: work like hell and wear them out on defense, run on offense, and always attack, attack.

It was Augustine - or, at least, he tells a story about a man like that in the "Confessions". Actually, it was probably something that several people noticed in that era.

It's interesting to know that you're aware of such literature.

El Pacero
10-03-2010, 04:48 AM
It was Augustine - or, at least, he tells a story about a man like that in the "Confessions". Actually, it was probably something that several people noticed in that era.

It's interesting to know that you're aware of such literature.

What I've wanted to know for 5+ years... is your "Anthem" screen name based on the Ayn Rand novelette and are you a Rush fan?