PDA

View Full Version : What does TJ Ford's tweet mean?

I Love P
09-22-2010, 04:13 PM
RT @tj_ford: Flying to Indiana today.. Welcome Pacers Fans.. Lol..

Get him off this team.

NuffSaid
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
My guess is he's probably excited to be getting back into the swing of things, hitting the practise gym, getting ready for the pre-season to start.

graphic-er
09-22-2010, 04:33 PM
he is always saying something sly that makes you think, is he talking smack about the team or is he actually serious.

90'sNBARocked
09-22-2010, 04:40 PM
RT @tj_ford: Flying to Indiana today.. Welcome Pacers Fans.. Lol..

Get him off this team.

Sorry but got to ask

Why does this upset you so much?

McKeyFan
09-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Sorry but got to ask

Why does this upset you so much?

It's the "lol" (lots of laughs, or "laughing out loud" depending on your translation).

Difficult to interpret. Might just be regular fare for texting and tweeting and nothing to get offended about.

Or it might be a sly diss. Hmmmmmm....

BornReady
09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
I kinda feel bad for him :/

count55
09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Absolutely nothing.

Pacers#1Fan
09-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Translation:
Flying to Indiana for the start of training camp... are you guys as surprised I'm still a Pacer as I am... lol...

El Pacero
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
If anything, it sounds more like he doesn't feel Pacers fans like him versus he not liking Pacers fans. But who knows.

He also asked how many Pacers fans follow him on twitter and got a nice response.

MLB007
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Translation:
Flying to Indiana for the start of training camp... are you guys as surprised I'm still a Pacer as I am... lol...

Exactly.

Schwing..............:hmm:

Pacers#1Fan
09-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Exactly.

Schwing..............:hmm:
Excellent

90'sNBARocked
09-22-2010, 06:16 PM
The thing I hope people remember about Fords time here is ....

Although you might not like the way he has played, he has handled his difficult situation in Indiana with complete class and professionalism

After all the BS we have had to deal with the last 4 years, I will always respect him for that.

I hope he is traded and gets a fresh start somewhere else, and makes the most of it

This guy is the "anti-Tinsley"

Pacers#1Fan
09-22-2010, 06:38 PM
I would like him to be traded before the end of camp. That being said, no one can really deny his professionalism during his time here. In 08-09 after he was benched in favor of Jack and then last season when he took a backseat to Price and Watson he handled it as well as anyone can expect.

flox
09-22-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm ready for another great season from TJ. Lets hope he sees more playing time.

Sookie
09-22-2010, 06:52 PM
If anything, it sounds more like he doesn't feel Pacers fans like him versus he not liking Pacers fans. But who knows.

He also asked how many Pacers fans follow him on twitter and got a nice response.

Yea, I'd say that would be it.

I like TJ Ford the person. He doesn't create problems with the press (was very professional) he was nice to the younger guys..ect.

I just don't want to see him in game.

indyaway
09-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Anyone that survives a season under JOB gets my respect.

Trader Joe
09-22-2010, 09:57 PM
The thing I hope people remember about Fords time here is ....

Although you might not like the way he has played, he has handled his difficult situation in Indiana with complete class and professionalism

After all the BS we have had to deal with the last 4 years, I will always respect him for that.

I hope he is traded and gets a fresh start somewhere else, and makes the most of it

This guy is the "anti-Tinsley"

Did Tinsley ever say a single peep once he was banished from the team?

BlueNGold
09-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Yea, I'd say that would be it.

I like TJ Ford the person. He doesn't create problems with the press (was very professional) he was nice to the younger guys..ect.

I just don't want to see him in game.

You nailed it. Whether or not he's a nice guy, he has been professional to the public and deserves respect for dealing with constant demotions and trade rumors. I suppose he's used to it after all of these years, but still, you have to give it up for him.

I'm just glad we have Collison. IMO, TJ can hang around as long as it's not on the hardwood more than 10 minutes a game.

Um, yeh. He obviously doesn't think Pacer fans want him in Indy. I hope he finds his way out of here...

Day-V
09-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Excellent

Good work, my friend.

travmil
09-23-2010, 07:16 AM

Well, except for the time he did the happy dance on the airplane in front of everyone when he thought he'd been traded...

Trophy
09-23-2010, 08:10 AM
This shouldn't raise an eyebrow, IMO.

In fact, he's welcoming us fans back and I assume he means welcome back to a fresh new season with a lot of potential.

As a guy, Ford is probably one of the nicest people in the league. He always enjoys joking with the fans and I enjoy talking to him on the road.

He's a good player. He's just not a starter. I hope he does go to a team that has success and can play a comfortable backup role.

SMosley21
09-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Well, except for the time he did the happy dance on the airplane in front of everyone when he thought he'd been traded...

And you know he did this, how?

El Pacero
09-23-2010, 08:42 AM
I thought it was reported he was jumping up and down and dancing outside while waiting to board the plane. But it was only in front of teammates and I probably would have done same thing in his situation.

Mark
09-23-2010, 08:49 AM
To be honest I feel sorry for the guy.

On another note I can't understand many of the player's tweets. They all seem to have weird inflection and grammar. Maybe I'm just not "with it" though haha.

travmil
09-23-2010, 09:37 AM
And you know he did this, how?

It was reported by Mike Wells at the time the trade almost happened. We had a thread about the article.

Here's the link to our thread. The article no longer appears on Indystar's website, but it is copied and pasted here.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=51137

Here's the specific paragraph I'm talking about.

Ford was so certain he was going to be traded that he was dancing around in front of his teammates with a big smile on his face before getting on the plane.

pacergod2
09-23-2010, 10:45 AM
TJ Ford has been a square peg when we had a round hole. The fit wasn't there. He is a perfect PG off the bench who you can give 15-20 minutes a game. He is not a player you want to start. Especially not in JOB's system. Ford is his own worst enemy to a degree. I haven't seen him improve as a player a whole lot since he has been in the league. A guy that utilizes speed that can't pass once he gets the defense out of position is not going to help you out. JOB wants nothing more than a PG that can shoot from deep and TJ does NOT do that. I think he has been a poor fit here. I think we have needed him to be our starter and we keep going to Watson or Jack as starters because TJ in the end is a backup. Our talent starved team needed not only Ford, but Dunleavy and Murphy to better than they were to get anywhere. We have had a vast chasm between veterans who are capable and young players with more talent and less experience, which makes things hard on a coaching staff. Ford does not fit the role he was asked to play and our coaching staff definitely did not use his talents appropriately. If we wanted to push the tempo so much we should have asked our second unit to come in and give us a lift. TJ is a perfect player to help get into transition. Ford, Djones, McRoberts, Danny ant Murphy would have been a team you should look to run a lot with. Make sure TJ is pushing the ball every second he is on the floor. That way you can maximize the 15 minutes he gives you. I just find it difficult for him to be satisfied with his role on the team, when he isn't being used well. At the same time, he needs to understand he is a better fit with a second unit to push the ball and create scoring opportunities against second units, which I don't believe he has embraced. I don't know that every player on the team is on board with what JOB preaches. I just think that TJ has been the only one to really voice his displeasure and that stems from his insecurity with a role on this team. There are a lot of fingers to point and people to blame, but it is pointless. TJ Ford could use a change of scenery. I like the guy a lot, but when choosing between one non-superstar player and the coach you have to take the coach. Even though I think TJ has more of a problem with the coach and not the people or city or team. If we got rid of the coach, which a lot of us would prefer, then he might be a more productive player for us. But when a player wears out his welcome somewhere it tends to be the player that goes.

MagicRat
09-23-2010, 11:16 PM
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bline/2010/09/24/the-bottom-line-sports-show-9pm-est

TJ was interviewed tonight on the The Bottom Line Sports Show. He's on about a half hour into the show and is on for approx. 14 mins. Seems like a good guy and worth a listen.......

Pacemaker
09-24-2010, 05:49 AM
T.J. latest tweet: "Airport bound... Man!!!! 2 early"

http://twitter.com/tj_ford (5:42am)