PDA

View Full Version : Did we know exactly when Tyler got hurt before?

Hicks
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
This is from today's Indy Star / Mike Wells

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100922/SPORTS04/9220327/Pacers-Granger-sees-less-action-in-World-Basketball-Championship

Hansbrough to meet with doctor

Forward Tyler Hansbrough will visit with his doctor today to see if he can be cleared to take part in contact drills.

Hansbrough has been dealing with an inner ear infection/concussion/vertigo for nearly nine months.

"It would be disappointing (if I wasn't cleared), but at the same time, I feel like I'm right around the corner," he said. "I'm extremely optimistic. I feel like it's one of those things where you look at it as bad timing and bad luck. Once I get past this, I will have a much fresher start."

Hansbrough was originally injured when he took a shot to the head during a game at Boston last December. He returned for a handful of games in January and said he was dealing with dizziness.

He ended his rookie season averaging 8.5 points and 4.8 rebounds in 29 games.

"It's probably one of the toughest things I've ever had to go through," Hansbrough said. "I started working out -- running and lifting weights -- back in July. Now it's a matter of getting back out there and being able to do everything."

I don't recall knowing that before. I always wondered if his condition had to do with that fall he had when Dallas was in town.

We played @ Boston on December 22nd 2009.

count55
09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Honestly, I don't think anyone knows. They may be backtracking to instances they're aware of, but he played 31 and 26 minutes in the two games immediately following that game against Boston that Wells is citing.

(And had 19 & 11, and 10 & 10.)

Eleazar
09-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Honestly, I don't think anyone knows. They may be backtracking to instances they're aware of, but he played 31 and 26 minutes in the two games immediately following that game against Boston that Wells is citing.

(And had 19 & 11, and 10 & 10.)

Who knows, but maybe something happened that only made it worse in those games.

Unclebuck
09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
When I read those comments about when he was injured, it didn;'t strike me as surprising - although now that I think about it, I don't think we knew when he was injured.

BornReady
09-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Is this the head shot that lead to the concussion? I think we knew when Hansbrough got the concussion, but I'm not sure if it's linked to that game.

Speed
09-22-2010, 03:13 PM
I wish I could remember the game, but I thought it was when two guys clobbered him hard around the basket. TH got two foul shots, but I remember thinking at the time, man he looks a little shook up. It was the defensive guys giving him a hard foul out of frustration, but it was to the head, directly. I shouldn't even mention it, since I can't remember that game.

vnzla81
09-22-2010, 03:22 PM
This was mentioned long time ago in another article about his injury, I think it was againts Tony Allen or Big baby I can't remember.

imawhat
09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes, it was previously mentioned that the injury occurred in the Boston game. I remember it happening but erased the game from my DVR beorre Tyler's issue appeared serious.

Sookie
09-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Do we know whether it was vertigo post concussion syndrom or both that caused Tyler's injury? (I know, terrible sentence) Because if it's both I'm sure it's really tough to pin point an exact time.

Hicks
09-22-2010, 07:34 PM
I was under the impression that it's both.

BornReady
09-22-2010, 07:42 PM
any Hansbrough news yet?

Kemo
09-22-2010, 08:13 PM
HMM , I wonder if Synergy would have that specific game in question where someone with a Synergy account could maybe get to see the play where he got clobbered?

BPump33
09-24-2010, 10:08 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xp0FJZSoZDE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xp0FJZSoZDE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

This happened on Dec. 27th, 2009, two games after the Boston game. This couldnt' have helped the situation any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp0FJZSoZDE

naptownmenace
09-24-2010, 10:47 AM
I could've sworn he got the concussion from an elbow against Milwaukee but I guess it was against Boston.

http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/03/what-is-wrong-with-tyler-hansbrough/

What Is Wrong With Tyler Hansbrough?
By Dimitri - Saturday, March 6, 2010 - 8:030 comment
I like

Pacers coach Jim O’Brien, who has been a busy person with the fans this week, brought to light some news surrounding rookie Tyler Hansbrough on his weekly radio show on WFNI-1070 AM with Kevin Lee.

O’Brien said Hansbrough may be dealing with post concussion syndrome.

“I’m not 100 percent sure that they are 100 percent sure what exactly are the difficulties,” O’Brien said. “They thought it was an inner ear infection, they thought it was post concussion (syndrome). Maybe it’s a possibility of a lot of things.”

O’Brien said he thinks Hansbrough got the concussion against Boston on Dec. 22.

“We’re not 100 percent sure he had a concussion, but there’s a good chance he did at that point in time because he got hit in the head and it seemed right from the proximity of his problems starting,” O’Brien said.

Anthem
09-24-2010, 10:09 PM
When I read those comments about when he was injured, it didn;'t strike me as surprising - although now that I think about it, I don't think we knew when he was injured.
The Pacers said it was just an ear infection, and people told me I was paranoid when I said it was more.

judicata
09-24-2010, 10:11 PM
The Pacers said it was just an ear infection, and people told me I was paranoid when I said it was more.

You were. Just because you were right doesn't mean you were not paranoid. ;)

ChristianDudley
09-24-2010, 10:13 PM
He had lots of spills in the few games that he played in this past season. I know he had another hard fall in the home game vs. Dallas (I believe I have a pic of it too from when I went). But he had so many hard falls and bangs that it is hard to tell when he might have started his vertigo/ear infections/etc...it may have even been triggered off back in college--I'm just glad that he's cleared to play now. :D