PDA

View Full Version : ESPN to blitz Lebron's first Heat Training Camp

Basketball Fan
09-22-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2010-09-21-espn-james_N.htm

ESPN will formally announce Wednesday that it's going to training camp with James' Miami Heat, with its coverage likely to outdo anything it did on Brett Favre's annual summer soul-searching. Starting at the team's media day Monday and continuing when its training camp starts Tuesday at Eglin Air Force Base in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., ESPN will erect a set and parachute in analysts Jalen Rose, Josh Elliott and Jon Barry and reporters including Rachel Nichols for continuous surveillance across ESPN platforms.

While senior coordinating producer Mark Summer isn't sure ESPN will get practice video, the mission is clear with a team he says has unbelievable story lines. "Obviously, with all the buzz, it's a bigger deal (than) past NBA training camps," he says. "Fans want to hear about the Heat, so we'll want to rampup the coverage." And presumably get air support against any threatening sorties from Cleveland.

Shade
09-22-2010, 01:29 PM
ESPN is the TMZ of the sports world.

Unclebuck
09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I know most will criticize ESPN for this. But I say any coverage of the NBA during training camp is so rare that I am good with any coverage the NBA gets. I'll be much more likely to watch ESPN on those days because they are covering the heat, just because it is the NBA.

d_c
09-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I know most will criticize ESPN for this.

ESPN is just merely giving people what they want of Lebron and his band of merry men.

"Fans want to hear about the Heat, so we'll want to rampup the coverage."