PDA

View Full Version : Nets in the lead for Anthony

GO!!!!!
09-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet....( if it has please delete or merge)

ESPN is reporting that the Nets are in the lead to pull off a trade for Carmelo Anthony by being able to offer rookie Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy's and Kris Humphries' expiring deals and a first-round draft pick to Denver.

That makes the fourth Melo update today, and while that's far from LeBron's record-setting July, it's clear that Melo could quickly start wearing fans down. He would accept a trade to New Jersey, especially when they should be in Brooklyn at some point, and the offer looks like a good one

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NBA&line=138990

Ouch and we thought we had a winner when we traded for Collision...

LG33
09-21-2010, 08:48 PM
I saw and thought the same thing, but I'm happy with what we got. Plus, Favors was a top three pick.

xBulletproof
09-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Ouch and we thought we had a winner when we traded for Collision...

They're giving up a lot more. The #3 pick, another likely high pick, and two expirings. We just gave up Murphy. I'd sure hope they get a better player back.

pacer4ever
09-21-2010, 09:36 PM
just heard a report from chris burssard that melo woulnt sign an extension so no deal, but again espn thought that lebron was gonna go to ny and play so who knows if it is true

pwee31
09-22-2010, 12:02 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69198/20100921/martin_is_centerpiece_of_rockets_offer_for_melo/

A team executive tells The New York Times that the Houston Rockets are aggressively pursuing Carmelo Anthony with an offer centered around Kevin Martin and at least one of the draft picks acquired in a trade with the New York Knicks last season.

The Rockets deal will be interesting if discussed. Favors was obviously the big piece in the Nets deal w/ expiring deals and 1st round pick.

Kevin Martin is a pretty good player, but not the young potential like Favors. Rockets have Scola at PF so I wonder if Jordan Hill or Patrick Patterson will be included? If the Nuggets aren't interested in one of those guys, the Pacers offered the Knicks a 1st rounder for Anthony Randolph.. Would you guys offer a 1st rounder for Hill or Patterson, and send our 1st to Denver to help the Rockets land Melo? Just curious

CableKC
09-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Whose going to be left at the PF spot if Murphy and Favors along with incentives is sent to Denver?

I don't see why Melo would sign an extension with the Nets if it's just him, Harris, TWill...whoever is the PF and Brook. Am I missing anyone else of substance on the Nets?

flox
09-22-2010, 03:48 AM
Whose going to be left at the PF spot if Murphy and Favors along with incentives is sent to Denver?

I don't see why Melo would sign an extension with the Nets if it's just him, Harris, TWill...whoever is the PF and Brook. Am I missing anyone else of substance on the Nets?

Joe Smith, and they could try a Brook/Petro or Brook/Boone thing, or even try playing Outlaw at the 4.

pwee31
09-23-2010, 10:18 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69225/20100923/denver_tells_knicks_1st_round_pick_needs_to_be_inc luded_for_melo/

Donnie Walsh is in search of a first-round pick in order to satisfy Denver's requirements for a Carmelo Anthony trade. The Nuggets recently told the Knicks they will need to include a pick before a deal for Anthony is possible.
"I need to go out and see if I can get one," Walsh said. "I don't know how to do that. You always want to keep first-round picks."
At present, the next first-round pick the Knicks can send to Denver is their 2014 selection but presumably the Nuggets are interested in an earlier pick.

"I didn't like doing it," Walsh said about trading the Knicks' 2012 pick to Houston in February in order to shed the contract of Jared Jeffries. "The night before, I felt I don't like doing this, but we're going to do it. I'll second-guess myself."

I know Walsh didn't do it for Rudy Fernandez, but I know a GM who is rumored to have offered a 1st round picks to the Knicks for Anthony Randolph?

Could the possibility of landing Carmelo make Walsh reconsider the deal?

Speed
09-23-2010, 10:27 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69225/20100923/denver_tells_knicks_1st_round_pick_needs_to_be_inc luded_for_melo/

I know Walsh didn't do it for Rudy Fernandez, but I know a GM who is rumored to have offered a 1st round picks to the Knicks for Anthony Randolph?

Could the possibility of landing Carmelo make Walsh reconsider the deal?

That's the first thing I thought of too, but I bet Randolph would be part of the package to go to Denver AND they want a 1st rounder. Just guessing.

rm14
09-23-2010, 10:57 AM
That's the first thing I thought of too, but I bet Randolph would be part of the package to go to Denver AND they want a 1st rounder. Just guessing.

Actually from what I've read and heard, Randolph hasn't been brought up in the trade. Apparently Denver would want Curry (expiring), one of either Gallinari or Wilson Chandler (seems to be leaning towards Chandler from Denver's end - that's their young player), and they want a first round pick. NY right now doesn't have the first round pick available until 2014. This is why they will be searching to trade with another team for a first rounder.

Who knows if this will open back up trade negotiations between the Pacers and the Knicks about the Randolph/1st rounder swap. But, without even being biased towards the Pacers on this one, I would absolutely make this deal if I was on either side. For the Pacers, we get a solid PF (who is also up and coming and athletic), and for the Knicks you get your "supposed" last piece for the Melo trade. Not only does this bring in Anthony to your team with Stoudemire, but it also raises your chances considerably of signing Chris Paul in the future. We'll see what happens, though.

ZepZach
09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Hopefully Bird is on the phone saying we can do the offer again. If we get Randolph, its the best summer possible. Collison, whoever, Granger, Randolph, Hibbert is a great lineup. And Tyler's value as a bench player makes him way more important. Make the call Bird!

rm14
09-23-2010, 11:18 AM
If Denver is truly going to trade Carmelo before training camp begins, they truly have some decent offers thrown at them (if what everyone is reporting is true). I think the biggest one they are waiting to consider is from Chicago. At first they're saying that Noah is not included, now it's that they never said that. Who knows?

I will say that the Nets package does look the most appealing (Favors, 2 expiring contracts, and a 1st rounder. Where the complication comes in is they want Carmelo's word that he'll resign or sign the extension up front. There are a lot of variables and complications to the issue. There is also the Rockets who are reportedly putting together a deal, but I do not think that will be the one that goes through. If it was my guess I bet he goes to either NY or Chicago. If Chicago puts together a deal with Noah, I think he goes there. If they do not, and NY manages to get a first rounder, then I believe he will be a Knick.

I just hope we get Randolph in the process.

Speed
09-23-2010, 11:30 AM
If NY can get an extended Melo for Currys contract, Gallinari, and Randolph (aka Pacers 1st round pick) thats a no brainer to me. I would have thought that Denver could have gotten more really. I agree with rm14, it basically includes CP3 in two years or sooner.

To me, for NY, why do you even care if it includes Randolph at this point. Sure it benefits the Pacers bigtime, but their reward is a top 10 player.

This is a no brainer for everyone but Denver, in my eyes.

vnzla81
09-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I still don't understand why Chicago does not want to include Noah :confused: once again Chicago is overvaluing their players, I still remember the time they did not wanted to include Deng in a deal for KG, Paul Gasol or Kobe.

pacer4ever
09-23-2010, 12:05 PM
I still don't understand why Chicago does not want to include Noah :confused: once again Chicago is overvaluing their players, I still remember the time they did not wanted to include Deng in a deal for KG, Paul Gasol or Kobe.

deng is very underrated,plain and simple without noah they cant win the championship there back up center is a rookie from euro. To me id rather have noah and deng than just melo. Deng plays better D than melo all melo really does better is score the ball. The bulls have enoght scorers they just need to stay healthy and get a good 2 guard.

ZepZach
09-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Could we trade a first round pick to NY and T.J. to Denver? Cuz we would need to get rid of someone to get Randolph.