PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo: Why not?

ZepZach
09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
OK, so the latest news is that the Nets are willing to trade Favors, two expirings (Murphy and Humphries), and a future pick for Carmelo.

Couldn't the Pacers put in place a similar deal, and also convince Carmelo he has a better chance of winning in Indiana?

I know it is extremely unlikely, but couldn't we offer George, Rush, two expirings (Foster and T.J.?), and a pick?

Just tell Carmelo his team would be Collison, Anthony, Granger, Hansbrough, Hibbert.

I guess the main issue is that he doesn't want to play here, but boy would it be a dream come true.

Shade
09-21-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69205/20100921/nba_executive_melo_wont_sign_with_new_jersey/

An NBA executive told Chris Broussard that Carmelo Anthony would not sign a contract extension with the New Jersey Nets.
The Nets are thought to be Denver's ideal trading partner but Anthony would first need to make a long-term commitment to New Jersey before the Nets trade significant assets to the Nuggets.

Trophy
09-21-2010, 03:57 PM
The Nets are considering moving Favors, Murphy, and Humphries plus a few picks.

There's gonna no PFs for them if they make this deal.

Speed
09-21-2010, 03:57 PM
I think it's a good question to ask. I think he wants to create his own big 3. I think he wants CP3, himself, and Amare Stoudamire or the like. I think he thinks he's in the same talent level as DWade or Lebron and wants that same situation.

I think we'll find out alot about Nba basketball in the next few years. Is it a team game or is it an individual star game? The other side of the coin is that Lebron may be good enough to just be a team guy.

Personally, I hope Durant continues to get pieces surrounding him and the OKC wins big with him in a team game way. Thats what I'm rooting for outside of the Pacers.

To me, if I was NO, I'd do everything possible to bring him there (with an extension), because playing with CP3 is really what he's after.

Hicks
09-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Because he wouldn't stay here next summer. That's why not.

BornReady
09-21-2010, 04:08 PM
I personally hope Melo reconsiders and stays in Denver. Denver is a solid team with a lot of nice pieces.

ZepZach
09-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Because he wouldn't stay here next summer. That's why not.

Yeah. Me saying "why not?" was more directed at Carmelo. I know thats why the Pacers wouldn't do it. I just hope Carmelo would consider how good of a team he could be on here. I guess we still wouldn't have the resources of NJ/NY though.

Kstat
09-21-2010, 04:12 PM
...because the Pacers already have Granger at his position, that's why not....

Will Galen
09-21-2010, 04:45 PM
To me, if I was NO, I'd do everything possible to bring him there (with an extension), because playing with CP3 is really what he's after.

I agree, but not in NO.

I think what he's really after is to go to New York. Amare Stoudamire is already there and rumor is CP3 will join them there. Plus going there will really please his wife.

Trophy
09-21-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't want him here.

I'd rather keep Danny mainly for his character.

MLB007
09-21-2010, 05:04 PM
OK, so the latest news is that the Nets are willing to trade Favors, two expirings (Murphy and Humphries), and a future pick for Carmelo.

Couldn't the Pacers put in place a similar deal, and also convince Carmelo he has a better chance of winning in Indiana?

I know it is extremely unlikely, but couldn't we offer George, Rush, two expirings (Foster and T.J.?), and a pick?

Just tell Carmelo his team would be Collison, Anthony, Granger, Hansbrough, Hibbert.

I guess the main issue is that he doesn't want to play here, but boy would it be a dream come true.

Maybe for you. ;)
No way I give up that much. :-o

Hicks
09-21-2010, 05:18 PM
...because the Pacers already have Granger at his position, that's why not....

Disagree. If I can get Melo to stay long term, I either see if one of them can be a full time 4 or I trade Danny. And I like Danny.

Kstat
09-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Disagree. If I can get Melo to stay long term, I either see if one of them can be a full time 4 or I trade Danny. And I like Danny.

Neither of them is even a part-time 4, and you'd have to trade Danny first to a different team, or work out a 3-way. Denver doesn't want long term salaries.

Eleazar
09-21-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't care for Carmelo at all, and think he is vastly overrated.

BornReady
09-21-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't care for Carmelo at all, and think he is vastly overrated.

hmm idk about that. I think Carmelo is the best offensive player in the league.

Trophy
09-21-2010, 06:18 PM
The Nuggets are gonna be loaded with PFs leaving the Nets with nothing.

Troy is a way better fit for NJ anyway and I'm sure he wants to stay there since he's from NJ.

Pacers#1Fan
09-21-2010, 06:18 PM
2003 Draft: Year of the Prima Donna

pacer4ever
09-21-2010, 06:22 PM
NO PLEASE DONT OFFER THAT MELO WONT RESIGN AND PAUL HAS LOTS OF UPSIDE

Speed
09-21-2010, 06:23 PM
hmm idk about that. I think Carmelo is the best offensive player in the league.

In the league? I'd go with Kobe, Durant, and Lebron for sure, probably DWade. Then if it's offense, not just scoring, I'd look at CP3 and even Nash. It's all subjective though.

pacer4ever
09-21-2010, 06:23 PM
The Nuggets are gonna be loaded with PFs leaving the Nets with nothing.

Troy is a way better fit for NJ anyway and I'm sure he wants to stay there since he's from NJ.

Denver would problly buy him out, then he would go back to NJ for a simalar $$ amount they have tons of cap room, or he might take his talents to south beach

CableKC
09-21-2010, 06:24 PM
2003 Draft: Year of the Prima Donna
Too bad we can't say taht of all the Players that were drafted in 2003. Unfortunately...not all of the Players in the 2003 draft decided to opt out to leave their respective Team.....you can probably guess who I'm talking about ;)

Jose Slaughter
09-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Carmelo is holding all the cards, he will land where he wants its just up to his agent & a few front office wizards to work out deal with a couple teams that the Nuggets can live with.

The problem will be moving Billups & keeping the fans from rioting when the team is torn apart to begin again.

Pacers#1Fan
09-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Too bad we can't say taht of all the Players that were drafted in 2003. Unfortunately...not all of the Players in the 2003 draft decided to opt out to leave their respective Team.....you can probably guess who I'm talking about ;)

That one actually took me a second 'til I really thought about it. I completely forgot T.J. was part of that class lol.

pacer4ever
09-21-2010, 06:41 PM
In the league? I'd go with Kobe, Durant, and Lebron for sure, probably DWade. Then if it's offense, not just scoring, I'd look at CP3 and even Nash. It's all subjective though.
KD is the best or kobe or LebRon just isnt fair, he is to big and qick to guard