PDA

View Full Version : Opitions at center?

Young
08-15-2004, 02:13 AM
I think it is clear we need to get another big. And since the board is dead I thought we might as well discuss it.

Opitions are:

- Eric Dampier- Unlikely because he will demand to much money. Unless we agree to trade Bender or Mullin agrees to take on Croshere or Pollard I don't see him in Indiana.

- Kelvin Cato- I think he may be avaliable.

- Kurt Thomas- I doubt Isiah and Bird ever even talk about a deal though. Although KT would make a really nice addition.

- Malik Allen- Maybe we could send spare parts to Miami for him or something. He is more of a PF but can play C.

I think the best opition and most likely is Kelvin Cato.

SoupIsGood
08-15-2004, 02:22 AM
I'd rather ship Ron out for a center of his quality, than acquire a back-up quality center. And I don't think Dampier is worth getting unless he signs with us without a trade.

Dalembert is going to be very good I think, but I doubt he's available.

Young
08-15-2004, 02:25 AM
Eddy Curry?

Thats probably one of the few centers worth trading Ron worth but even then it would still suck.

And yeah SD isn't avaliable.

SoupIsGood
08-15-2004, 02:32 AM
I heard curry ballooned up during the summer, he's up to 320 right now. :rolleyes:

ROCislandWarrior
08-15-2004, 03:05 AM
No way Philly gives up Dalembert.

Right now we have a better shot at getting Dampier than anyone else. His options are dwindling, he has said he wants to play for a championship and he will take less money. Him and JO have talked this summer, and JO has made it clear he would like to have Damp as a teammate.

So...Damp has options with us. We can work a sign and trade or sign him for what is left of our MLE and offer him more money next year after Reggie is gone.

as long as we don't give up Bender, I would have no problem getting Damp

ROCislandWarrior
08-15-2004, 03:06 AM
I heard curry ballooned up during the summer, he's up to 320 right now. :rolleyes:

where did you hear this? Seems another one of Chicago's lottery picks is really turning out well for them.:devil:

Mourning
08-15-2004, 06:00 AM

where did you hear this? Seems another one of Chicago's lottery picks is really turning out well for them.:devil:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Johnny
08-15-2004, 08:13 AM
I would have to agree that there really are not many quality big men left after Dampier. I have a feeling that we will still have Pollard in the end:(

indygeezer
08-15-2004, 08:24 AM
Wasn't Cato part of the Tmac deal? That makes him untradable for (?) 60 days i believe it is, or some long period of time. I dounbt Orlando would want to give him up, esp. to us since we're in the same conference.

Anthem
08-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Isn't Jake Tsksasjidhoasodjalis still available?

Vicious Tyrant
08-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Isn't Keon Clark available? Does he count as a center?

Hicks
08-15-2004, 03:27 PM
I've heard that he may be a locker room problem. If that's true, I don't want him. On the court, I'd love to have him as a backup C.

Roaming Gnome
08-15-2004, 03:41 PM

I think big Jake would be an ok back-up for us, but is he really much better then Pollard? Same thoughts on some of the other lower level centers we would like to back up.

Anthem
08-15-2004, 05:18 PM

I think big Jake would be an ok back-up for us, but is he really much better then Pollard? Same thoughts on some of the other lower level centers we would like to back up.

Maybe not. But he'd be a lot cheaper. Plus, he has room to improve.

Vicious Tyrant
08-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Hicks, were you referring to Keon or Jake Tasldjfadsl;kj as a possible locker room cancer?

ChicagoJ
08-16-2004, 12:48 AM
Keon's got a history of off-court legal problems. If his level of play doesn't improve dramatically, he's working his way out of the league.

Remember all the hype of Big Jake and the "shocking" story of the way he tumbled out of the lottery because of contract problems when he was drafted...

Can you imagine being the GM that *would* have taken him in the lottery? Explain to your owners, three years later, that you wasted a lottery pick on a guy that turned out to be "about as good a Pollard."

:yikes:

Unclebuck
08-16-2004, 12:48 AM
Hicks, were you referring to Keon or Jake Tasldjfadsl;kj as a possible locker room cancer?

he is talking about Keon.

jake would be a decent backup center, which is all I am looking for. But then Pollard is a decent nackup, not sure Jake is any better.

Except when the pacers play the heat, I think they are fine with Jeff and J.O.