PDA

View Full Version : HOW GOOD ARE DA BEARS ?

pacer4ever
09-19-2010, 04:37 PM
the bears have always been my team. What do you hink about the game today?? Do u think they can make the playoffs??

Natston
09-19-2010, 04:44 PM
It's difficult to judge them off the two teams that have beat so far and the Packers should win the division...

pacer4ever
09-19-2010, 04:48 PM
It's difficult to judge them off the two teams that have beat so far and the Packers should win the division...

ya the packers will win the divison i just hope we can win one of the 2 matchups vs. them. I just want the team to at least make the playoffs. After that anything is possible

Lord Helmet
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
I think they can make the playoffs.

Basketball Fan
09-19-2010, 06:25 PM
I'll let you know midseason that's when you can separate the contenders from the pretenders

Day-V
09-19-2010, 06:55 PM
If they can win next week, they will definitely be in the driver's seat for a playoff birth.

Pretty shocking, actually.

Natston
09-19-2010, 07:07 PM
If they can win next week, they will definitely be in the driver's seat for a playoff birth.

Pretty shocking, actually.

They play in the NFC and they have played the Lions and Cowboys so far.

Your "shock bar" must be pretty low... ;)

Trader Joe
09-19-2010, 07:21 PM
They are capable of making the playoffs, but then again just about anyone in the NFC is. Pretty big drop off from the Packers and Saints and everyone else in that conference IMO.

Natston
09-19-2010, 07:22 PM
They are capable of making the playoffs, but then again just about anyone in the NFC is. Pretty big drop off from the Packers and Saints and everyone else in that conference IMO.

Hell, the Bucs are 2-0... Enough said.

Day-V
09-19-2010, 11:56 PM
They play in the NFC and they have played the Lions and Cowboys so far.

Your "shock bar" must be pretty low... ;)

lol, I was just implying that the idea of them being in the hunt for a playoff birth was the shocking part.

ChicagoJ
09-20-2010, 10:50 AM
We're having this conversatoin around the office/ water cooler a lot this morning.

They're a 9-7 team that so far has beaten a 4-12 team and a massively overhyped, overrated 8-8 team. I'm not surprised the Bears won yesterday, because the Cowboys are not a playoff team, let alone a Super Bowl contender. Don't beleive the hype around the Cowboys skill players, their line play is substandard. They just aren't a very good football team.

The question for the NFC North is: are the Vikings really that bad? If the Vikings get thier act together, the Bears are still the third-place team in their division, but probably the fourth best team in the perenially-weak NFC. Can the NFC North send two wild card teams? The parity in the NFC East (even though they aren't particuarly good this year) means that one of those teams just might have a better record than the Bears.

Or they slip into a Wildcard matchup and if they're lucky enough to get the "winner" of the NFC West, they'll win a playoff game. Somehow, the NFC West still gets an automatic berth into the NFL playoffs, which is a shame.

Basketball Fan
09-20-2010, 10:54 AM
We're having this conversatoin around the office/ water cooler a lot this morning.

They're a 9-7 team that so far has beaten a 4-12 team and a massively overhyped, overrated 8-8 team. I'm not surprised the Bears won yesterday, because the Cowboys are not a playoff team, let alone a Super Bowl contender. Don't beleive the hype around the Cowboys skill players, their line play is substandard. They just aren't a very good football team.

The question for the NFC North is: are the Vikings really that bad? If the Vikings get thier act together, the Bears are still the third-place team in their division, but probably the fourth best team in the perenially-weak NFC. Can the NFC North send two wild card teams? The parity in the NFC East (even though they aren't particuarly good this year) means that one of those teams just might have a better record than the Bears.

Or they slip into a Wildcard matchup and if they're lucky enough to get the "winner" of the NFC West, they'll win a playoff game. Somehow, the NFC West still gets an automatic berth into the NFL playoffs, which is a shame.

Their real test comes against the 2-0 Packers on MNF next week. ESPN is glad to have that game considering both teams are undefeated at this point..

ChicagoJ
09-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Given the tendency of Bears fans to go way overboard every year, that's about the only thing keeping them grounded in reality right now. Although, I've been told a couple of times that when they wallop the Packers this weekend that I'll have to start believing in them. No, this is not the same person that told me nine years ago (eight?) that Kordell Stewart was the missing piece and that with the Bears, Kordell would be a mega-star. Reality, meet Bears fans. Bears fans, meet reality.

:unimpress

Trader Joe
09-20-2010, 11:39 AM
DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS

pacer4ever
09-20-2010, 12:31 PM

the cowboys have the talent to go to the playoffs. they just make dumb mistakes the bears D played really well agasit them.

Since86
09-20-2010, 12:59 PM
The Boys won't go anywhere with Romo as their QB. Choice was right to be pissed at him about the low throw, and then Romo jaws back with him? Dude you just missed a 8yd swing pass that hit your target below the knee. I can make that pass. It should have been an easy completion.

Romo has survived 5 years on potential. Yes, he does have all the tools needed, but at some point in time you either get "it" or you don't. Potential doesn't win games, as the Cowboys have found out year after year.

As we watched the game yesterday, I told the TV multiple times that the Bears needed to start either running screens or a 3step drop to the inside slant. Magically their 3rd drive they started doing just that and never looked back. It was pee-wee football, and it totally dismantled what the Boys were trying to do.

Defenses that rely solely on blitzing to create pressure don't work in the NFL. The Bears weren't impressive. They did exactly what I knew to do, and I've never played a down of football.

Their only shot at making the playoffs is if they manage to beat out Minn. for 2nd place.

pacer4ever
09-20-2010, 08:43 PM
The Boys won't go anywhere with Romo as their QB. Choice was right to be pissed at him about the low throw, and then Romo jaws back with him? Dude you just missed a 8yd swing pass that hit your target below the knee. I can make that pass. It should have been an easy completion.

Romo has survived 5 years on potential. Yes, he does have all the tools needed, but at some point in time you either get "it" or you don't. Potential doesn't win games, as the Cowboys have found out year after year.

As we watched the game yesterday, I told the TV multiple times that the Bears needed to start either running screens or a 3step drop to the inside slant. Magically their 3rd drive they started doing just that and never looked back. It was pee-wee football, and it totally dismantled what the Boys were trying to do.

Defenses that rely solely on blitzing to create pressure don't work in the NFL. The Bears weren't impressive. They did exactly what I knew to do, and I've never played a down of football.

Their only shot at making the playoffs is if they manage to beat out Minn. for 2nd place.

ya romo makes some pretty bad throws

pacer4ever
09-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Given the tendency of Bears fans to go way overboard every year, that's about the only thing keeping them grounded in reality right now. Although, I've been told a couple of times that when they wallop the Packers this weekend that I'll have to start believing in them. No, this is not the same person that told me nine years ago (eight?) that Kordell Stewart was the missing piece and that with the Bears, Kordell would be a mega-star. Reality, meet Bears fans. Bears fans, meet reality.

:unimpress

dude im not saying they are superbowl contenders. I am just asking How good they are. I predict we go 9-7 if the O-line plays well. We normally play the packers well so i expect a good game. But if the packers D plays like they did agasit buaffalo lol we could get beat bad. Also the chicago D is back so if we limt turnovers i think we could, squeak a close one out just my opinion. By the way steelers are looking pretty good on D themselves 7 TO

Psyren
09-20-2010, 11:15 PM
NFC Wildcard good and nothing more.

ChicagoJ
09-21-2010, 11:24 AM
9-7 if they get a lot of breaks along the way.
7-9 if they don't.

They should be 2-0 right now, given the lack of quality of their opponents.

They are a typical 0.500 team in the NFC. Not really all that good of a team, but if they get a couple of breaks, especially against a weak NFC schedule, they could slip into the playoffs.

vapacersfan
09-21-2010, 04:05 PM
I HATE Dallas, like I HATE them.

That said, I expect them to turn things around and right the ship.

I personally do not think Wade Philips can get them to the superbowl, but this team has talent.

Ironically, I think what will do Dallas in is the same thing that did the Redskisn in. Stupid drafts. They kept taking the "sexy" guys, but the truth is they really needed help with their O-line.

ChicagoJ
09-21-2010, 04:51 PM
They kept taking the "sexy" guys, but the truth is they really needed help with their O-line.

Which is why the Cowboys aren't a 0.500 team and why I expected the Bears - who aren't anything special - to beat them to get to 2-0. The Cowboys won't make the playoffs... and certainly are not a Super Bowl contender. Football is not about the cute little skill-position players. You've got to win the line of scrimmage first. Then you can worry about the skill-position players.

And 15 years ago, that's what made that version of the Cowboys to be perennial contenders. Even though Aikman and Smith and others got all the glory/ fame, it was because they dominated up front.

vapacersfan
09-21-2010, 05:02 PM
See, I only saw them play once (in person this year) so it is hard for me to argue with you.

I guess I just think they have to much talent not to make the playoffs, but I would not be shocked if they did not.

The funny thing is all the Cowboys fan I work with have been quiet as of late. The Redskins are supposed to be re-building, but for the umpteenth time the media has hyped up the Cowboys, and I just saw on the news Wade Philips was very testy in his PC last night.

I do not blame him, but I just really do not think he is the right coach. Then again, I thought the crazy one who thought Jim Zorn would be a good offensive coordinator in Washington......

pacer4ever
09-21-2010, 06:38 PM
See, I only saw them play once (in person this year) so it is hard for me to argue with you.

I guess I just think they have to much talent not to make the playoffs, but I would not be shocked if they did not.

The funny thing is all the Cowboys fan I work with have been quiet as of late. The Redskins are supposed to be re-building, but for the umpteenth time the media has hyped up the Cowboys, and I just saw on the news Wade Philips was very testy in his PC last night.

I do not blame him, but I just really do not think he is the right coach. Then again, I thought the crazy one who thought Jim Zorn would be a good offensive coordinator in Washington......

only thing redskins arent rebuliding, Mcnabb is a really good QB, there D is really good to with shannhan they can run the ball well to.

Trader Joe
09-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Cowboys are ridiculously overrated every year.

vapacersfan
09-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I am a die hard Redskins fan, but they are most certainilly rebuilding.

McNabb was a great pick up (and IMO (biased I know) a stupid trade for the Eagles) but he alone can not turn this team around.

The defense is a joke, the secondary could get beat by a HS pasing attack. They can make some big plays, but they get burned a lot also. IT doesnt help that our D-line is also missing a few pieces.

As for the line, Trent Williams was a graet pick up, but we needed him * 10 for the last 10 years. Vinny is/was an idiot and kept picking sexy players, when we really needed help on the line (on both sides). Because of this we have no depth, and once someone goes down (liek Trent going down last week proved) our backups are a joke.

I said before the season I think this years team would go 8-8, and frankly I could see them going 9-7. While this would be a huge improvement over last year and I would love to see them do better, for the time being I am just going to enjoy the wins and be patient in the losses.

FTR, I love Shanny but I think I lobe Bruce Allen 10 times more.

-VA

pacer4ever
09-21-2010, 08:23 PM
I am a die hard Redskins fan, but they are most certainilly rebuilding.

McNabb was a great pick up (and IMO (biased I know) a stupid trade for the Eagles) but he alone can not turn this team around.

The defense is a joke, the secondary could get beat by a HS pasing attack. They can make some big plays, but they get burned a lot also. IT doesnt help that our D-line is also missing a few pieces.

As for the line, Trent Williams was a graet pick up, but we needed him * 10 for the last 10 years. Vinny is/was an idiot and kept picking sexy players, when we really needed help on the line (on both sides). Because of this we have no depth, and once someone goes down (liek Trent going down last week proved) our backups are a joke.

I said before the season I think this years team would go 8-8, and frankly I could see them going 9-7. While this would be a huge improvement over last year and I would love to see them do better, for the time being I am just going to enjoy the wins and be patient in the losses.

FTR, I love Shanny but I think I lobe Bruce Allen 10 times more.

-VA

after watching the 1st 2wks u think they are rebuilding? had the texens beat LOL poor skins fan. that divison is wide opn to me. with snyder as the owner rebuliding is not in his vocab, he overspends but is commited to winning. You really dont think the skins can win that division??

vapacersfan
09-21-2010, 09:38 PM
after watching the 1st 2wks u think they are rebuilding? had the texens beat LOL poor skins fan. that divison is wide opn to me. with snyder as the owner rebuliding is not in his vocab, he overspends but is commited to winning. You really dont think the skins can win that division??

A couple of questions built into that post:

Yes, I really do. Do I think they have caved in? NO. This team is not a 2-13 or 4-12 team. However, this team is not a playoff team, better yet a superbowl team.

Poor skins fans? Not really. I mean it is frustrating (I still havent seen the game, I was on a plane and I DVR'd the game but I refuse to watch it) but it comes with the territory. Our safties are a joke. Hall if our best corner, and Rogers could not take a $1000 dollar bill it you put super glue on his gloves.

As for Snyder, I agree but I think you underestimate him. He is not rebuilding, the same way Donnie never said he was rebuilding that Pacers team after the 2000 Final appearance. They both tried to "re-tool". I think Snyder will do a better job, but this team is still missing a lot of key players (and while Portis is not 100% at fault, I think these last 2 weeks have shown he is aging. That and the damned turf monster is just out to get him)

Do I think the Skins can win the division? Good question. I honestly think they can, though I am not sure if they will. The division is wide-open, and I think the Giants actually have just as good a chance. Even with them getting blown out they have a HC who has control of every little detail, and I think that could work out for them.

I will say you said 1 thing I 100% agree with. Snyder is definitly committed to winning. He has taken a back seat, and he loved EVERYTHING that B. Allen is doing. Hell, Bruce even reads message boards and reaches out to the fans to have pep rallys as the players leave the workout facility the day before the game (home or away sendoffs). The culture is right, now the just need to get the right players for the new system (and get rid of Fat Albert)

ChicagoJ
09-21-2010, 11:04 PM
The division (NFC-East) is wide open because all four teams are below average but get the privilige of playing six games against the rest of the below-average teams in the division.

If any of those teams get to 9-7, they win the division. 8-8 might win the division. A four-way tie at 8-8 wouldn't totally surprise me. You know what, a four way tie at 7-9 wouldn't surprise me either. Wouldn't that be crazy!?