PDA

View Full Version : PACERS GEAR STORY

pacer4ever
09-17-2010, 08:57 PM
so i went to home court today stoked paul's jersey is finnaly in so i get down there and they tell me is jersey is sold out cause his family bought the entire shipment LOL i almost cried i want one so bad i was gonna buy all 3 jerseys away home and alter uggg LOL !!!!

Day-V
09-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Did you ask them about them making you one? They will normally do that for you if you ask.

ChristianDudley
09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Dang that sucks...I would think that the player can have the team get however many for his family/friends that wants one at once and not let it affect what the team has to sell to consumers?? I mean this has probably happened before I would think...and it's not like he's some undrafted player--he's our 10th pick, so they should know that his jersey will be in high demand, especially at the Home Court Gift Shop. Just puzzles me.......

pacer4ever
09-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Dang that sucks...I would think that the player can have the team get however many for his family/friends that wants one at once and not let it affect what the team has to sell to consumers?? I mean this has probably happened before I would think...and it's not like he's some undrafted player--he's our 10th pick, so they should know that his jersey will be in high demand, especially at the Home Court Gift Shop. Just puzzles me.......

ya i figured they would have like at least 500 or so gotta wait for the next shipment

pacer4ever
09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Did you ask them about them making you one? They will normally do that for you if you ask.

yes they were out of #2 LOL and i want authenic ne way

Day-V
09-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Dang that sucks...I would think that the player can have the team get however many for his family/friends that wants one at once and not let it affect what the team has to sell to consumers??

I'm sure the Home Court people are just glad to be selling jerseys to ANYBODY.

Deadshot
09-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Did you notice any of the new Adidas jerseys?

pacer4ever
09-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Did you notice any of the new Adidas jerseys?

i just ask if they had pauls jersey all i notice was that almost every jersey was buy 1 get 1 free

Indra
09-18-2010, 03:00 AM
Maybe Roy will read this and tell PG to put a couple aside for you :-P

Trophy
09-18-2010, 11:00 AM
yes they were out of #2 LOL and i want authenic ne way

That really sucks for me because I was going to call for a gold Price jersey, but that requires two 2's.

pacer4ever
09-18-2010, 02:20 PM
That really sucks for me because I was going to call for a gold Price jersey, but that requires two 2's.

theyy problly have the jersey i was talking about a custom one

pacer4ever
09-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Maybe Roy will read this and tell PG to put a couple aside for you :-P

on his u stream PG said he would signed them for me after i said i had it on preoder lol upfully i can get em next week im get the white one signed and get it framed put it on my wall with the others i have love jerseys but they had Roy so i got his lol

Indra
09-19-2010, 03:53 AM
on his u stream PG said he would signed them for me after i said i had it on preoder lol upfully i can get em next week im get the white one signed and get it framed put it on my wall with the others i have love jerseys but they had Roy so i got his lol

I'm going to be honest...I have no idea what you just said. I read it twice, and it's something about getting a jersey signed, but I don't know what the rest is about.

Coop
09-19-2010, 04:15 AM

I'm going to be honest...I have no idea what you just said. I read it twice, and it's something about getting a jersey signed, but I don't know what the rest is about.

I actually think I understood it, as terrifying as that is.

I believe it went something like this: "On Paul George's ustream, he said he would sign my jerseys I had on preorder. Hopefully, I can get them next week so I can get the white one signed, framed, and hung on my wall with the others I already have. I love jerseys but they only had Roy's so I got his while I was at the store."

Day-V
09-19-2010, 04:19 AM

I believe the young lad just threw four different thoughts into one long run-on sentence sans punctuation, capitalization, and obviously structure.

Even worse, I think I actually understood what he was trying to say. :banghead:

Putnam
09-19-2010, 07:53 AM
What puzzles me as much as the syntax is why anyone would start a thread about clothes shopping on a sports forum.

I understand that player jerseys mean more to some folks than to others. But doesn't this belong in Market Square rather than here?

Day-V
09-19-2010, 08:07 AM
I understand that player jerseys mean more to some folks than to others. But doesn't this belong in Market Square rather than here?

You're probably right on that. With me, personally, I never know which thread is in which room simply because I'm always reading posts on the New Forum Posts section.

Deadshot
09-19-2010, 11:34 AM
There have been a lot of discussions about jerseys this offseason. Seeing as a live in another state and really don't check Pacers.com, I'm glad people are posting this stuff. I wouldn't see it if it where in Market Square.

pacer4ever
09-19-2010, 02:03 PM

its not english class i dont havve to write complete sentences i dont read it i just type ok

xBulletproof
09-19-2010, 02:17 PM
its not english class i dont havve to write complete sentences i dont read it i just type ok

Of course this isn't English class.

But we do speak English. If you want to be understood, you should probably try a little more than that, even if there won't be a pop quiz.

Coop
09-19-2010, 02:51 PM

This excuse cracks me up every time. If anything, it shows just how lacking your grammar is in your posts. Typing in complete sentences is not something that should take a lot of time or effort. If you want to be taken seriously, you should probably lose the attitude and try to formulate your thoughts better. My :twocents:

Hicks
09-19-2010, 04:33 PM
What puzzles me as much as the syntax is why anyone would start a thread about clothes shopping on a sports forum.

It's about Pacer apparel; I think it belongs here.

pacer4ever
09-19-2010, 04:41 PM
This excuse cracks me up every time. If anything, it shows just how lacking your grammar is in your posts. Typing in complete sentences is not something that should take a lot of time or effort. If you want to be taken seriously, you should probably lose the attitude and try to formulate your thoughts better. My :twocents:

if i was getting paid for the post i would care. it really doesnt matter about my grammer just stay focused on the topic. If i type really fast and dont proof read the post of course my grammer will be bad.

pacer4ever
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM

it is more about the story of his family. If that didnt happen i would of not possted it.but i found it funny his fammily bought the entire supply

Day-V
09-19-2010, 04:55 PM
it really doesnt matter about my grammer just stay focused on the topic.

Kinda hard to do when you include 3 topics in one long, run-on sentence. ;)

Hicks
09-19-2010, 05:26 PM
If you care enough to communicate, you ought to care enough to communicate effectively. That may not require 'perfect' grammar, but it does require an attempt at 'good' grammar, IMO. After all, you're speaking to be heard, so do what it takes to be heard as opposed to doing so little as to be purposefully ignored.

xBulletproof
09-19-2010, 05:35 PM
it really doesnt matter about my grammer just stay focused on the topic.

This sentence is lacking the understanding of the problem.

With grammar so bad, I had no idea what you said ... how am I to stay focused on the topic? You might as well post it in Chinese and then get upset that I didn't stay on topic. I have no clue what the topic was supposed to be.

So yes, grammar does matter.

pacer4ever
09-19-2010, 06:20 PM
This sentence is lacking the understanding of the problem.

With grammar so bad, I had no idea what you said ... how am I to stay focused on the topic? You might as well post it in Chinese and then get upset that I didn't stay on topic. I have no clue what the topic was supposed to be.

So yes, grammar does matter.

the thead is the topic omg wat eles would the topic be

xBulletproof
09-19-2010, 06:23 PM
the thead is the topic omg wat eles would the topic be

You're kidding me, right? This absolutely has to be some attempt at humor that I'm missing.

pacer4ever
09-19-2010, 06:31 PM
If you care enough to communicate, you ought to care enough to communicate effectively. That may not require 'perfect' grammar, but it does require an attempt at 'good' grammar, IMO. After all, you're speaking to be heard, so do what it takes to be heard as opposed to doing so little as to be purposefully ignored.

so u guys wanna make fun of me cause i cant spell ok cool wow u guys are classy came here to talk about my pacers and end up gettin heckled cause i cant speel ty class act

joeyd
09-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Maybe there should be a topic about internet etiquette or some guidance posted by the administrators.

But surely there is some compromise that can be reached amongst we gentle readers in terms of expectations for posting...

Hicks
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
so u guys wanna make fun of me cause i cant spell ok cool wow u guys are classy came here to talk about my pacers and end up gettin heckled cause i cant speel ty class act

I'm not making fun of you. I'm trying to help you out and take the time to understand you better now and in the future.

travmil
09-19-2010, 07:47 PM
If his grammar doesn't matter to him why does it matter to all of you?

Hicks
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM

If you're trying to say that if he doesn't change his grammar moving forward, that we should start ignoring him or at least reading him less often, sadly, I'd have to agree.

If you mean otherwise, I don't know what to say other than that some of us have already stated above why we feel it should matter.

travmil
09-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I mean the former. I'm not saying that grammar doesn't matter, I believe that it does. When it becomes obvious that he doesn't share that belief, why does it make sense for multiple posters to make 7 or 8 posts trying to convince him he should? He's new here. Probably doesn't make him feel very welcome.

Hicks
09-19-2010, 08:20 PM
I mean the former. I'm not saying that grammar doesn't matter, I believe that it does. When it becomes obvious that he doesn't share that belief, why does it make sense for multiple posters to make 7 or 8 posts trying to convince him he should? He's new here. Probably doesn't make him feel very welcome.

I suppose I'd rather risk alienation now rather than practically guarantee he's ignored later.

Indra
09-20-2010, 02:22 AM

Nobody is making fun of you, pacer4ever. I simply couldn't understand what you wrote. Given that there are no visual or inflectional clues into your meaning when you post on the internet, a few simple typos or a missed punctuation can change the whole meaning of a sentence. Or make it illegible entirely. Nobody is trying to embarrass you, but a couple seconds to proofread your posts after you type them out will go a long way towards establishing yourself as a member here.

I think you probably have interesting things to say. Just make sure we can understand what you're trying to say when you say it. ;)

duke dynamite
09-20-2010, 02:09 PM
I tried reading through all of the posts, it was difficult to understand a lot.

Grammar aside, I think that we can compromise to at least say something here clearly. I always use proper capitalization and punctuation, but as long as I can see what the poster is trying to say is what matters.

I don't care about capitalization, commas, lols, your instead of you're, wut instead of what, etc. I just want sentences to be separated so that instead of one crazy dumpster fire of a post there are coherent thoughts being expressed.

That and I don't get a headache while reading said dumpster fire. I'm just saying, if you want us to read what you have to say, make it readable. Otherwise you are your only audience. (And some people will probably call you out for being grammatically incorrect.)

ChicagoJ
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM

Well, I think he deserves being told a couple of times that very few people around here will take the time to intrepret any illegible posts.

Then, if he still wants to waste his own time making incoherent posts, at least he was warned that nobody is reading them.

:twocents:

pacer4ever
09-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Well, I think he deserves being told a couple of times that very few people around here will take the time to intrepret any illegible posts.

Then, if he still wants to waste his own time making incoherent posts, at least he was warned that nobody is reading them.

:twocents:

lol i dont care if u read them im just talking about my pacers so dont read them i could care less

pacer4ever
09-20-2010, 03:59 PM
I tried reading through all of the posts, it was difficult to understand a lot.

Grammar aside, I think that we can compromise to at least say something here clearly. I always use proper capitalization and punctuation, but as long as I can see what the poster is trying to say is what matters.

I don't care about capitalization, commas, lols, your instead of you're, wut instead of what, etc. I just want sentences to be separated so that instead of one crazy dumpster fire of a post there are coherent thoughts being expressed.

That and I don't get a headache while reading said dumpster fire. I'm just saying, if you want us to read what you have to say, make it readable. Otherwise you are your only audience. (And some people will probably call you out for being grammatically incorrect.)

lol again i dont care

t1hs0n
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
lol again i dont care

That is obvious to anyone and everyone that attempted to read this thread.

I will tell you that I am no longer going to read your posts.

Good day,

T1

duke dynamite
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
lol again i dont care
Easy, killer.

Hicks
09-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Well, that was my honest attempt. Enjoy speaking to the wall, then.

graphic-er
09-20-2010, 04:45 PM

The thought police has arrived.

ChicagoJ
09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
lol i dont care if u read them im just talking about my pacers so dont read them i could care less

Exactly how much less could you care? I think you probably meant, "I couldn't care less." Adding the "not" really changes that comment.

Not that I needed your permission to ignore your posts, but I think I'll do exactly that.

And I don't need an answer, but I don't understand why people take the time to make posts that nobody can understand and that nobody is going to read. Surely you've got something better to do with your time?

Brad8888
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM

All in all he's just speaking to
another brick in the wall

My question is how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

pacer4ever
09-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Exactly how much less could you care? I think you probably meant, "I couldn't care less." Adding the "not" really changes that comment.

Not that I needed your permission to ignore your posts, but I think I'll do exactly that.

And I don't need an answer, but I don't understand why people take the time to make posts that nobody can understand and that nobody is going to read. Surely you've got something better to do with your time?

maybe because i have spelling disorder but whatever i just want to talk about my pacers not my poor grammer but i guess that will never happen so i my's well just quit posting if that's all u people care about

pacer4ever
09-20-2010, 06:20 PM

if i was good at english trust me i would be writing perfect but im sry im not good at it and cant spell correctly my bad. my only thing is this is Pacers Digest not english 101

duke dynamite
09-20-2010, 07:12 PM
maybe because i have spelling disorder but whatever i just want to talk about my pacers not my poor grammer but i guess that will never happen so i my's well just quit posting if that's all u people care about

if i was good at english trust me i would be writing perfect but im sry im not good at it and cant spell correctly my bad. my only thing is this is Pacers Digest not english 101
I don't think your spelling is the problem. It's the run-on sentences.

vapacersfan
09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Pacer4ever,

I was able to read your post and understand 99% of it, but it did take a little bit of extra work.

I personally think it is great that you care about players jerseys and the such (I have really gotten away from that, but once I am able to buy my own place I would kill for an autographed Reggie Miller and autographed Redskins jerseys).

With that said, if you really do have a "spelling disorder" why not copy and paste what you write into microsoft word. Or you could even get a spell check application for your web-browser. I use firefox on my imac just because it has the spell check application, and I use it OFTEN.

Just food for thought.

Good luck getting your jerseys signed and building up your collection.

-VA

ChicagoJ
09-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Its not the spelling, which is great news for people with minor levels of dyslexia.

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

But if you're going to take that shortcut, you do have to get the right letters in there even if they aren't in order. It can't be abbreviated or IM/text style gibberish.

Trader Joe
09-21-2010, 11:48 AM

Maybe a new PDism right here...

vapacersfan
09-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Its not the spelling, which is great news for people with minor levels of dyslexia.

But if you're going to take that shortcut, you do have to get the right letters in there even if they aren't in order. It can't be abbreviated or IM/text style gibberish.

I think that may be the 1 millionth time I have seen that :p

I agree with your post, however.

Weirdly enough in my Lasik consultation the other day the doctor mentioned I had a slight case of dyslexia. Nothing to worry about, but just wanted to let me know. Weird I have gone almost 25 years of my life and never noticed/knew about it......

ZepZach
09-21-2010, 04:30 PM
I went to Home Court today and they didn't have any Hibbert jerseys in small, so I got a Hibbert jersey and yellow Granger jersey in Kids size XL. And people say being short is a bad thing.....

pacer4ever
09-21-2010, 06:28 PM
I went to Home Court today and they didn't have any Hibbert jerseys in small, so I got a Hibbert jersey and yellow Granger jersey in Kids size XL. And people say being short is a bad thing.....

LOL dd they have any PG 24 jerseys