PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed this?

Young
08-15-2004, 12:36 AM
We all know that at the end of games it was Artest, Harrington, and JO as our finishing frontline last season. And assuming that we don't get Dampier we will not have 3 post/power players in the finishing lineup.

Without Harrington one of these three will be finishing:

- Stephen Jackson [If we go small.]
- Jon Bender [If healthy and consistant.]
- Austin Croshere [If JB not healthy and consistant.]

Now is it just me or will this help us alot this upcoming season? We will be able to spread the floor more.

I know that some hated getting rid of Harrington but breaking down what he gave us, Go to guy off the bench and defenseive ace off the bench too, Jackson can give us. So I really do not think that we will miss Al as much as most thought.

ROCislandWarrior
08-15-2004, 01:05 AM
If Jackson keeps performing in the clutch, he will be out there...that will force Rick to play him.

Bball
08-15-2004, 01:19 AM
My memory is that by the end of the season Harrington was not always on the court.

-Bball

ROCislandWarrior
08-15-2004, 01:31 AM
My memory is that by the end of the season Harrington was not always on the court.

-Bball

Oh you mean the Playoffs?

:cool:

Unclebuck
08-15-2004, 09:51 AM
I agree with Bball, Al did not finish most of the games and it seemed as though less and less as the season went along.

I never liked the lineup of J.O , Al and Ron.

I liked the lineup of Jeff J.O and Ron better for finishing games. and I think Rick saw the same things I did and I think this reason more than anything convinced the Pacers to trade Al.

If a team is better with their third best player on the bench at crunch time it is tie to trae him.

Anthem
08-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Yeah, why was it that Jeff's not a part of that list?

Hicks
08-15-2004, 12:23 PM
I do like that we'll end games with JO and Jeff pretty much all the time now instead of Al and JO. I didn't like ending games with that either.