http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5582047

Associated Press
espn.com

sad story

O'Bird
09-17-2010, 02:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5582047

sad story

The first time, they painted the swastika backwards.

You have to admit, it took some brass balls to go back and do it again. Or, it was foolhardy. Or, their Obergruppenführer told them that if they didn't go back and get it right they'd have to clean toilets at the next Kristallnacht anniversary picnic. Maybe all of the above, but how else would you explain it? Given what had happened, all sorts of people might have spotted them, and maybe someone did - a fact that is probably also occurring to them.

Right about now two or three of them are probably remembering that they had to hike back to Bakersfield after maneuvers last fall, while the porker OGF was being driven by his "adjutant". And then to add insult to injury to insult they had to load three cases of beer into the Humvee at 5 AM before shouldering packs, and 28 miles to the first Stop and Shop (and another 13 to a store that wasn't out of Schlitz malt liquor). Military discipline my left, left, left foot.

Come to think of it, ratting him out for two grand doesn't look too bad right about now - Jesus H. Finkelstein, so what if it was backwards? Everybody knows what it was! Not a peace sign, not a Star of David - a freaking black SWASTIKA. Point made. Come ON! It was on the front page of the Jerusalem Post, for crying out loud in a portapotty. Jesus. I could do better than that self-important lazy swanking swine drunk or sober, and at least I'm sober half the time.

Survival of the fittest, that's the natural law, and I'm going to execute it.

(Or something along those lines.)

Psyren
09-17-2010, 03:55 AM
It's really pathetic that the world continues to behave this way.

Sad thing is, it likely always will.

90'sNBARocked
09-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Idiots

No other word describes them

odeez
09-17-2010, 12:35 PM
The world will always have knuckle heads who want attention...

Natston
09-17-2010, 07:01 PM
The world will always have knuckle heads who want attention...

and when the media plays up stories, other knuckleheads will copycat...

speakout4
09-17-2010, 07:06 PM
The first time, they painted the swastika backwards.

You have to admit, it took some brass balls to go back and do it again. Or, it was foolhardy. Or, their Obergruppenführer told them that if they didn't go back and get it right they'd have to clean toilets at the next Kristallnacht anniversary picnic. Maybe all of the above, but how else would you explain it? Given what had happened, all sorts of people might have spotted them, and maybe someone did - a fact that is probably also occurring to them.

Right about now two or three of them are probably remembering that they had to hike back to Bakersfield after maneuvers last fall, while the porker OGF was being driven by his "adjutant". And then to add insult to injury to insult they had to load three cases of beer into the Humvee at 5 AM before shouldering packs, and 28 miles to the first Stop and Shop (and another 13 to a store that wasn't out of Schlitz malt liquor). Military discipline my left, left, left foot.

Come to think of it, ratting him out for two grand doesn't look too bad right about now - Jesus H. Finkelstein, so what if it was backwards? Everybody knows what it was! Not a peace sign, not a Star of David - a freaking black SWASTIKA. Point made. Come ON! It was on the front page of the Jerusalem Post, for crying out loud in a portapotty. Jesus. I could do better than that self-important lazy swanking swine drunk or sober, and at least I'm sober half the time.

Survival of the fittest, that's the natural law, and I'm going to execute it.

(Or something along those lines.)

O'Bird
09-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Possibly it was not swastika nazi types but just anti-israeli anti-zionists who used the swastika symbol.

Quite true. Or nihilistic teenagers. Or Lakers fans. Or Sac fans who just wish the Kings wouldn't shoot so many three-pointers.

To be perfectly serious - and I hope that it was clear that I wasn't serious in my previous post, though the humor had a serious point - I think that it was the act of cowards, however bold it was to come back a second time. And, by the way, if I saw the right picture, the swastika was actually STILL BACKWARDS the second time it was done!

Right about now the Obergruppenführer is wondering whether the Aryan race is all it's cracked up to be.

!

odeez
09-18-2010, 10:56 AM
and when the media plays up stories, other knuckleheads will copycat...

indeed...