PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the fun Friday thread

90'sNBARocked
09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
I think it was Buck who started it, but whoever did could ya bring it back?

I'll even do the first one for tomorrow

judicata
09-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Looking forward to it. :D

90'sNBARocked
09-16-2010, 08:44 PM
I would love to start it again, but want to see if the originator wants first dibs

BornReady
09-16-2010, 08:49 PM
I have an idea that could be fun to discuss :D

edit: idk if it's been discussed before though.

BornReady
09-17-2010, 01:03 PM
GUYS! Who is your NBA comparison?

For me personally, I think its Carl Landry. I have a stock build and and play like an undersized PF. I generally stay inside and score by either creating space wiht my build, overpowering the defender, or a variety of spin moves, but my midrange game is fairly solid (up to the elbow area) is fairly solid too. I'm not a GREAT defensive player by any means, but I'll body up on guys and challenge their shots. I also don't get pushed around too easily :) I LOVE the competition and I like to consider myself a fierce competitor :)

90'sNBARocked
09-17-2010, 02:33 PM
GUYS! Who is your NBA comparison?

For me personally, I think its Carl Landry. I have a stock build and and play like an undersized PF. I generally stay inside and score by either creating space wiht my build, overpowering the defender, or a variety of spin moves, but my midrange game is fairly solid (up to the elbow area) is fairly solid too. I'm not a GREAT defensive player by any means, but I'll body up on guys and challenge their shots. I also don't get pushed around too easily :) I LOVE the competition and I like to consider myself a fierce competitor :)

Definitley I would be Reggie Miller type , Im about 6'3 195 lethal J, :)

Hicks
09-17-2010, 03:00 PM
I have no NBA comparisons... because I suck. ;)

Day-V
09-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I always considered myself to be a Jalen Rose-type.

Growing up in elementary school, I hit my initial growth spurt pretty early. I think I was like 5'2 in 4th Grade, one of the taller kids on the team. I wanted to play Point Guard, because my buddy on the team was a Center and I could always count on him to get good position for an easy bounce pass and a layup. We had a very good Mark Jackson-to-Dale Davis-type Chemistry. But the coaches wanted me to play SF. I hated it. All I did was just stand out on the wing and pray that a shot came to me. And the kid they had playing PG couldn't drive, handle, or shoot anywhere NEAR as good as I could, he was just smaller (isn't that how it always goes? heh). Plus, like Jalen, I'm left-handed. As I got older, they kept sticking me at Forward, even though I always wanted to play Guard. I have always felt like a PG. I could careless how many shots I get. If I have an open look I'll take it. But I'm much more concerned with finding the proper mismatch and exploiting that, or having our best shooter run off a screen and get open so i can hit them in stride for a nice jumpshot or cut inside for an easy layup.

vnzla81
09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
When I was skinny people compared me to Ginobili, I am left handed and latino, when I am in shape I do run up and down and I also get to make some crazy shots :)

Day-V
09-17-2010, 03:31 PM
When I was skinny people compared me to Ginobili, I am left handed and latino, when I am in shape I do run up and down and I also get to make some crazy shots :)

Lefties are awesome.

Unclebuck
09-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah I used to do a "Fun Question Friday" thread. I stopped after about 4 weeks, I got tired of doing them and once I didn't like doing them anymore I stopped. What is the point in doing a Fun Question Friday thread if it stopped being fun

90'sNBARocked
09-17-2010, 06:02 PM
I have no NBA comparisons... because I suck. ;)

self abuse

your D cant be worse than Murphys

Your shot cant be worse than McBob's

You probably dribble less than TJ

:)

BillS
09-17-2010, 06:21 PM
I always thought of myself as Billy Keller without the speed, shooting ability, or defense.

Noodle
09-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Tom Coverdale....Oh wait a minute. That must be why I'm not in the NBA.

El Pacero
09-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Was there ever a NBA player who switched to wrestling?

Edit: I forgot...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/boD860PCIQA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/boD860PCIQA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Forget I said anything.

Day-V
09-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Was there ever a NBA player who switched to wrestling?

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar fought Bruce Lee in Game of Death. That's close enough, right? lol

El Pacero
09-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar fought Bruce Lee in Game of Death. That's close enough, right? lol

Brother, you crack me up. Here it is in all its glory. (Had no idea!)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsSoX6qB9N0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsSoX6qB9N0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sookie
09-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Tully I don't know the NBA equivilant of Tully, but I can't really think of a better comparison. :D (Always wanted to be like Sue Bird though..)

Kemo
09-17-2010, 11:39 PM
I really didn't wanna start a new thread for this , so I will put it in the "FUN FRIDAY" thread here... lol ..

Anyways , I saw something kinda funny and interesting while checking Brandon Rush's twitter ----> http://twitter.com/IamThaKing25 ..

and here is Cole's twitter page ----> http://twitter.com/colea45

Seems like Brandon and Cole Aldrich having a little exchange ... not sure what to make of it , but found it kinda interesting ... at least enough to share ...

@colea45 quit running from me bro 8:47 PM Sep 16th via Echofon in reply to colea45

@IamThaKing25 running from you?? Let's go then. What's ur name? about 22 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to IamThaKing25

Dece
09-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Sounds like they are playing a video game, halo reach or call of duty or something, and Cole is killing BRush.

RamBo_Lamar
09-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Back in the day my friends I played against used to call me "Caucasian Barkley"
because of how I would use my caboose to knock them out of the way to
clear space.

;)

Jose Slaughter
09-18-2010, 02:07 AM
I'm a short version of Bill Garnett

imawhat
09-18-2010, 01:03 PM
10 years ago my courtmates said I was a replica of Jamaal Wilkes.

Now I'm probably like the post-surgery Dunleavy.

pizza guy
09-19-2010, 12:29 AM
First, that video with Bruce Lee and Kareem is .... great? I never realized they had Lee and Kareem do all the sound effects for Tekken.

Second, my game used to be like Mark Jackson's. I'd always play point, make some darn good passes, and hit a few shots. Now, I'm pretty sure my game is like Antoine Walker...stand around and chuck shots until a couple go in.

There's a good reason I watch basketball on TV now. LoL

--pizza