PDA

View Full Version : just moved to Ohio, soon to be an adopted pacers fan!

memphisgrizzliesfan
09-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Just moved here from tennessee, about 45 minutes from memphis. Being a Huge NBA fan, I've adopted the Pacers as my new team to watch!!

Cant wait to catch some NBA games in Indy, i live bout an hour away, and just had a few questions.

Are there any open practices or chances to meet the players and coaches for the community before the season begins?

Also, at games, is there an autograph session before or after the game?

Any info about games (where to park,what players do what or dont do what,cool things at games, where to sit etc.) Would be GREATLY appreciated.

GO PACERS!!

Day-V
09-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Any info about games (where to park,what players do what or dont do what,cool things at games, where to sit etc.) Would be GREATLY appreciated.

GO PACERS!!

Well, Parking is not really that big of an issue. Conseco has their own Parking garage right across the street with a connecting bridge, plus a few open lots next door. Parking's relatively cheap ($5-$10).

You definitely want to get their early since you've never been to Conseco. Just walk around and look at everything. It's now 11 years old, but the stadium is still beautiful.

In terms of seats, obviously, the lower the better, but even if you're in the nosebleeds, as long as you are facing center court, you're good.

90'sNBARocked
09-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Welcome,

We hope in time there will be many more aas we began our acend up the Eatern Confrence ladder

ChristianDudley
09-16-2010, 06:16 PM
As for autograph chances...the Pacers Fan Jam is usually the Sunday before the season starts. There will be an autograph session with every player on the roster at that time. At games a few of the players will sign as they walk off the court at shootaround and head to the locker room. This is right as you are allowed into Conseco (about 6:00 PM for 7:00 PM games). It's a whole lot like the FedEx Forum.

kielbeze
09-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Thats great Conseco is a Class A facility if you only make it to one game opening night is the best with all the hype and festivities. Welcome to the fam. now lets just work on a new name lol. You at least have to pick a good avitar and the name might slide.

Eleazar
09-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Not being a native Hoosier or Pacer fan Conseco may not be as impressive or awe inspiring as it is for most Hoosiers, but it is still considered one of the best stadiums in the US and possibly still the best in the NBA, although it has been a couple years since I have seen any NBA stadium ratings.

Smoothdave1
09-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the Pacers!

As far as autograph sessions, I will usually try and post those that are open to the public on PD throughout the season. Yes, there are opportunities to meet the players before, during and after the season at various events. A lot of the sessions are at local businesses and other events in Indy. If you don't mind making the drive over, there's definitely a chance to meet a few players.

There are some Grizz followers in Central Indiana, especially since they have both Conley and Randolph with Indiana ties. If you come over in the summer, Indy has a summer pro/am league that a few NBA players participate in and appear at, including Randolph.

Most of the guys are extremely nice and friendly when you meet them. Don't ask them to sign 20 things, thank them for taking the time to sign and be polite and you should not have any problems.

El Pacero
09-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Thats great Conseco is a Class A facility if you only make it to one game opening night is the best with all the hype and festivities. Welcome to the fam. now lets just work on a new name lol. You at least have to pick a good avitar and the name might slide.

I'm just requoting because I was gonna make the exact same points. Welcome to the PD.