PDA

View Full Version : A few Jersey questions.

ZepZach
09-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Hey, does anyone if the Pacers are changing jerseys this year? I doubt it, but it seems strange that jerseys are still 50% off on pacersgear.com.

On a related note, are the jerseys at Home Court in Conseco or the mall also 50% off? I can't find Paul George on the site.

Thanks!

pacer4ever
09-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Hey, does anyone if the Pacers are changing jerseys this year? I doubt it, but it seems strange that jerseys are still 50% off on pacersgear.com.

On a related note, are the jerseys at Home Court in Conseco or the mall also 50% off? I can't find Paul George on the site.

Thanks!

went in home court a week ago they still didnt have paul's jersey sucks i want it really bad

Day-V
09-16-2010, 04:25 PM
went in home court a week ago they still didnt have paul's jersey sucks i want it really bad

They have it now.

Unclebuck
09-16-2010, 04:26 PM
And here I thought you were going to ask a few New Jersey questions as in the New Jersey Nets.

ZepZach
09-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Woops double post

ZepZach
09-16-2010, 04:32 PM
So are they 50% off in-store too?

Eddie Gill
09-16-2010, 05:04 PM
You're going to sit in Roy's section and wear a Paul George jersey?? :)

ZepZach
09-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh of course I'll get a Hibbert jersey. :happydanc I just figured I might as well pick a Paul George jersey while they are half price.

Trophy
09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
All I know is that they're not changing uniforms.

I think it's half off for Labor Day weekend, but that was last week so I'm not sure why it's still going on.

Also, I would think it's only for sale at Home Court only.

I thought they were selling Paul George jerseys a days after he was selected, but I guess they sold out fast.

Brad8888
09-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Isn't there possibly a new fabric that is being introduced for this year even though the design will be the same? I thought somebody had spotted a difference between the fabric of the uniforms worn by last years players and one of the new guys on the new ads that show 5 players in the same picture.

Trophy
09-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Isn't there possibly a new fabric that is being introduced for this year even though the design will be the same? I thought somebody had spotted a difference between the fabric of the uniforms worn by last years players and one of the new guys on the new ads that show 5 players in the same picture.

The Mel patch won't be worn. That's all I'm aware of that's different with the jerseys.

Hicks
09-16-2010, 07:33 PM

I saw some NBA person (forget who) tweet this not too long ago. Apparently every team's jerseys will be using a new or different material this year. So that could very well be why Paul George's jersey looks different than the others in the recently released image of he, Danny, Roy, Tyler, and Collison.

Day-V
09-16-2010, 07:37 PM
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1418/pgjersey.png

Here's the image in question.

Deadshot
09-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Someone on here also mentioned that they bought a Collison jersey and the team name was stitched on but the rest of the stuff was made in the store (because they apparently couldn't get a shipment in quick enough). Just be cautious of this - I'm glad I didn't end up buying one. I'm sure someone on here can confirm or deny this. And if you're buying them in store, you will be able to see for yourself.

Day-V
09-16-2010, 08:56 PM
I took a look at them on Monday. There really isn't much difference.

You're not getting screwed if you purchase a Swingman of a new player, I'll put it that way.

pwee31
09-16-2010, 08:58 PM
I took a look at them on Monday. There really isn't much difference.

You're not getting screwed if you purchase a Swingman of a new player, I'll put it that way.

Really I thought the Collison/Posey has screen print names and numbers?

I know everything was sewn on my Hansbrough and my g/f's Hibbert?

Day-V
09-16-2010, 09:09 PM

The Collison, Posey, and George jerseys had screen-printed names, but the "Pacers" on the front was normal, and the numbers, while not stitched, were still the original Swingman-style numbers. They just seemed to be "glued on" (for lack of a better term). They still were actual numbers and not just some sticker like on the replicas.

Hibbert Laugh
09-16-2010, 10:02 PM
So are they 50% off in-store too?

I passed by the Home Court Shop in Circle Centre Mall this evening and there was a sign near the door that said all current player jerseys were "buy one get one free". I didn't go inside to take a look at what was in stock or determine the quality of the product.

Hicks
09-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Assuming you're gentle with your jerseys, I can't see a significant difference between having it all stitched versus part stitched part glued/pressed. You'd have to try to get it to come off to have any trouble, I think.

duke dynamite
09-16-2010, 10:09 PM
We are technically changing jerseys this year, but it's the material that Adidas is using for them.

As for 50% off, it's all current players. They don't list all of them on the site. Home Court will make you one if they do not have it in stock. They will sell it to you at sale price.

duke dynamite
09-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Assuming you're gentle with your jerseys, I can't see a significant difference between having it all stitched versus part stitched part glued/pressed. You'd have to try to get it to come off to have any trouble, I think.
I only wash my jerseys if I spill something on them, which is a rare occurrence. Since I usually only wear them to games and team-related events, (and that I have so many) that means I don't wear one often enough to wash it.

I use fabric refresher on them in between washes.

If you wash a swingman jersey too many times, the ink on the letters and numbers fade. I never put my jerseys in the dryer, either. They are hung to dry.

Trophy
09-16-2010, 10:14 PM

I know everything was sewn on my Hansbrough and my g/f's Hibbert?

I got my Posey one the other day in the mail and it looks fine to me.

Day-V
09-16-2010, 10:15 PM
If you wash a swingman jersey too many times, the ink on the letters and numbers fade. I never put my jerseys in the dryer, either. They are hung to dry.

Big point here. My Reggie Swingman and Fred Jones Swingman, both home jerseys, have shown ridiculous amounts of fading over the course of 5 years worth of washing (and no drying).

I'd suggest that anyone who is purchasing a Swingman to probably get an away jersey, as the name and number patches are white and won't show fade.

Trophy
09-16-2010, 10:17 PM
I only wash my jerseys if I spill something on them, which is a rare occurrence. Since I usually only wear them to games and team-related events, (and that I have so many) that means I don't wear one often enough to wash it.

I use fabric refresher on them in between washes.

I washed a screen printed replica in the wash and it completely tore up the print.

Luckily, they shipped me another one within the week I got it.

So I learned from that incident to never wash any of my jerseys.

HC
09-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Wish I wasn't so broke right now, I really want a Collison jersey.

pizza guy
09-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Wish I wasn't so broke right now, I really want a Hibbert jersey.

fixed

LoL, at least that's my situation.

HC
09-16-2010, 11:08 PM
fixed

LoL, at least that's my situation.

;)I took care of that one last season, I even had a Mel patch added.

Hitman02
09-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Someone on here also mentioned that they bought a Collison jersey and the team name was stitched on but the rest of the stuff was made in the store (because they apparently couldn't get a shipment in quick enough). Just be cautious of this - I'm glad I didn't end up buying one. I'm sure someone on here can confirm or deny this. And if you're buying them in store, you will be able to see for yourself.

That was me. It's exactly what you'd get with a typical swingman except for the numbers and players name being put on with the heatpress. For the price, it's a pretty good deal. It's true you could wait to get Collison/Posey with everything stiched on, but the price might go up by then. And for jersey purists, nothing beats the authentics...I just don't have that kind of cash!

It makes sense they're doing a deal like this if they're getting new ones with different materials. I had no idea they were switching. Wonder if they'll make a Lance one...:zip:

BPump33
09-17-2010, 08:15 AM

I added the Mel patch to my Hans jersey, figuring it would be the way for me to remember his rookie season. In hindsight, it's a rookie season I (and I'm sure Tyler) don't want to remember.

JonnyB83
09-17-2010, 11:30 PM

I got my Roy Jersey his rookie season but added the Mel patch to it as well.