PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban blasts LeBron for "Decision" special

Basketball Fan
09-15-2010, 05:21 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/091610dnspomavscubanonlebron.f72a14b6.html

Mark Cuban: LeBron James orchestrated 'largest public humiliation in the history of sports'

02:19 PM CDT on Wednesday, September 15, 2010
SportsDayDFW.com
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban talked with The Dunham and Miller Show on SportsRadio 1310 The Ticket in Dallas on Wednesday morning and spoke for the first time on his impressions of LeBron James' free agent announcement.

ďLeBron has every right to go wherever and do whatever, whatever team he wants to," Cuban said. "Going to the Heat was his choice, those guys working together. I donít even have a problem with the three of them working together, as long as they follow all of the NBA rules, which I think they did.

Where I think LeBron made a mistake, was in how he did it. I donít even have a problem that he had the tv show. But it turned out to be the largest public humiliation in the history of sports. He humiliated the organization, he humiliated the state of Ohio , the city of Cleveland. All of a sudden he became a bad guy, he lost a billion dollars in brand equity, give or take a couple bucks here or there. ...

"I told his folks that I think he got bad advice. Itís not about 'Can he move?' He can move, he can play for any team. I think he picked the wrong team (chuckles). Thereís a team in Dallas that could have used him and that would have been better served but itís his choice. But the way he did it I thought was just a huge mistake."

xBulletproof
09-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I don't think that this qualifies as "blasting".

Day-V
09-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I like Cuban. I agree with him on this.

And yeah, I don't think this is really "Blasting". While it's only text, it doesn't seem very hostile.

Pacers#1Fan
09-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Totally agree, when I read the title my first thought was 'How the hell can he bash Lebron's t.v. special when I just watched him on Entourage last night?'. Really this seems very respectful compared to MANY reactions I've read/heard.

BornReady
09-15-2010, 07:27 PM
yea for once Cuban sounds surprisingly mellow :D

Day-V
09-15-2010, 07:28 PM
ESPN played a snippet of it on SportsCenter earlier. Very light "matter-of-fact" tone used by Cuban.

odeez
09-15-2010, 07:48 PM
I like Cuban. I agree with him on this.

And yeah, I don't think this is really "Blasting". While it's only text, it doesn't seem very hostile.

I agree, he had some good points in there, and yes, I am so sick of the media using the word "blast" every time someone says something about someone else in celebrity or politics. The thing is it works, or they wouldn't be using it all the time.

Sollozzo
09-15-2010, 08:33 PM
He wouldn't be blasting it if he were the one snagging Lebron.

Day-V
09-15-2010, 09:11 PM

He's not blasting it at all.

spreedom
09-15-2010, 09:19 PM
I agree with Cuban 99% of the time, and this is no exception.

xBulletproof
09-15-2010, 09:50 PM

Did you even read it? He made a joke about him picking the wrong team, and about how there was a team in Dallas that could have used him .... so yeah, that's pretty obvious.

Might wanna read things before you respond. :laugh:

Hicks
09-15-2010, 11:48 PM

I see this word get overused/misused again and again in headlines.

"I don't care for Pizza Hut pizza."

Headline: HICKS BLASTS PIZZA HUT PIZZA !!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111one

Magic-man
09-16-2010, 01:00 AM

I don't think you read the article. He didn't 'blast' (lol) Lebron's decision to go to Heat. He spoke that it was negative in the way he went about it (Espn Special).

Though this is not news as EVERYBODY has the hate to Lebron in the way he did it. I hate the Cavs but I felt sorry for them. Though it was clear as hell that he was going to the heat (he put in change of number from 23 to 6 months previous) 23 is retired for the heat.

Where Cuban actually does not have a problem, is the decision itself. He said as long as its done by the rules then there should be no issue.

I prefer to look at Bird, magic and MJ's oppinion and thats that Lebron substantially lessened competition.

BornReady
09-16-2010, 04:05 AM
I see this word get overused/misused again and again in headlines.

"I don't care for Pizza Hut pizza."

Headline: HICKS BLASTS PIZZA HUT PIZZA !!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111one

aww how could you say something like that!? pizza hut pizza is soooo goooooood and their mushroom and sausage with extra cheese and stuffed crust is loooove :)

Hicks
09-16-2010, 11:22 AM
aww how could you say something like that!? pizza hut pizza is soooo goooooood and their mushroom and sausage with extra cheese and stuffed crust is loooove :)

Went there a ton as a kid, so when I got older it became somewhat of a burnout..... and then I worked at one for a while. Appetite gone.

Still, I may need to give it another chance eventually; I haven't had it in more than a few years now.

naptownmenace
09-16-2010, 11:41 AM
He's not blasting it at all.

In a lot of ways he actually defended Lebron's decision and said he had no problem with him announcing it on TV. He didn't like the way he announced it or the wording he used.

At Cube wasn't a hypocrite like Barkley or Pippen.

90'sNBARocked
09-16-2010, 12:07 PM
yea for once Cuban sounds surprisingly mellow :D

He just got done hanging out with B-Rush