PDA

View Full Version : PD Members in Area 55...

I Love P
09-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Who all from PD is Area 55? The guys I see are Greenway 84, ZepZach, El Pacero, Kielbeze and myself. Am I missing anyone?

I'm looking forward to watching and talking Pacers with you guys all season!

LoneGranger33
09-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Congrats on the selection, Bender!

I don't know if anyone else on PD has been accepted into Roy's exclusive club, but I will say this: Your goal should be to make sure everyone in Area 55 is a PD Member by season's end.

dohman
09-15-2010, 03:02 PM
we should all get together and make a hibbert video together. Audition as PACERS DIGEST.

heck I dont even live in indiana and I would come for the fun of it.

I Love P
09-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Do you think I'll be allowed to bring a vuvuzela inside Conseco?

MyFavMartin
09-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Get them together and have them sing "Take me out to the ball game" but replace peanuts and popcorn with popcorn and soda pop (cause it's two Indiana things), and when you get to 1,2,3 strikes, go with 2,4,6 fouls and you're out.

I've wondered if instead of the old ball game to replace it with new ball game.

xBulletproof
09-15-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm happy for the guys who got in. Represent!

I ultimately didn't apply because I'm not loud and obnoxious like the goal was to be for this, and I can afford season tickets. I felt I didn't fit, and that this contest should be mostly for people who couldn't otherwise have a chance to go to every game.

I'll be buying season tickets once I can convince a damn friend in real life, who's a member here to finally do it .... I'm looking at you Flibertygibits. DO IT!

luis3ep
09-15-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm happy for the guys who got in. Represent!

I ultimately didn't apply because I'm not loud and obnoxious like the goal was to be for this, and I can afford season tickets. I felt I didn't fit, and that this contest should be mostly for people who couldn't otherwise have a chance to go to every game.

I'll be buying season tickets once I can convince a damn friend in real life, who's a member here to finally do it .... I'm looking at you Flibertygibits. DO IT!

i couldn't convince a friend to do it, but i got a good deal on season tix in the club level, if that's the area you were looking at, it'd be cool having a fellow PD member around.

pacer4ever
09-15-2010, 08:37 PM
i couldn't convince a friend to do it, but i got a good deal on season tix in the club level, if that's the area you were looking at, it'd be cool having a fellow PD member around.

what was the deal u got?? i want club seats but dont wanna spend a grand +

luis3ep
09-15-2010, 08:54 PM
what was the deal u got?? i want club seats but dont wanna spend a grand +

well it was around 1300 dollars for my section 112... on the website they didn't used to have it at the price they currently have it at right now, they had it more expensive and not many people knew about it, because it's only 2 sections. for club level (my favorite) it's a great deal for me for 44 tickets for the 1366 i paid. More convenient was the fact that i was allowed to pay it in installments.

I Love P
09-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Hoping Area 55 will be as rowdy as "squad 6" in Milwaukee...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VY5eBP7E1o

BRushWithDeath
09-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I hope not.

Hicks
09-15-2010, 10:54 PM

God, I hope not. I'll have to kill you. :devil:

D-BONE
09-15-2010, 11:07 PM

I hope so!

"Ain't nothin' like a party y'all. Let's get it on!"

I Love P
09-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Just bought a 3x5 Jamican flag on amazon I'm going to wave after a big play by Hibbert or a free throw make.

redfoster
09-16-2010, 12:17 AM
I didn't make it, but the staff extended a deal for season tickets at $550 to me and I took it, so I will be sitting up in section 101 with you guys. I didn't expect to end up buying a package when I didn't get in, but the deal was too good to pass up.

Even more excited about the season now!

BTW, just want to note how great the Pacers staff was through all of this. Awesome people and you can tell they really care about the fans. I dealt with Troy when I bought the tickets and the dude is top notch.

kielbeze
09-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Congrats on the selection, Bender!

I don't know if anyone else on PD has been accepted into Roy's exclusive club, but I will say this: Your goal should be to make sure everyone in Area 55 is a PD Member by season's end.

There is 3 of us I think.... zach bender and I not sure though

kielbeze
09-16-2010, 02:49 AM
I honestly think we should take area 55 on the road that would be sweet.

Duuglas
09-16-2010, 10:22 AM
I honestly think we should take area 55 on the road that would be sweet.

I'm willing to meet up with Area55 in Chicago. Not sure how tickets will work so we can all sit together but I like the idea.

I Love P
09-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Kyle, who's also a part of Area 55, and I would also travel for a road game.

Hicks
09-16-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm willing to meet up with Area55 in Chicago. Not sure how tickets will work so we can all sit together but I like the idea.

I would imagine, if I were in Area 55, I would call up the Bulls ticket folks, say we have X people coming as a group, we realize we won't be able to all sit together, but ask if they could "sprinkle" you all around one or two sections in the arena.

Hibbert Laugh
09-16-2010, 11:32 AM
I might be interested in trying to get to the weekend road games within the division. It looks like those are:

Sat., Nov. 13 @ Cleveland
Sat., Jan. 29 @ Chicago
Sat., Feb. 12 @ Milwaukee
Sat., Mar. 26 @ Detroit

I Love P
09-16-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd rather stay away from Cleveland and Detroit. Chicago is closer than Milwaukee but then again we would probably have a better chance of winning at Milwaukee than Chicago. Also, Area 55 could go up against Squad 6.

BillS
09-16-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm fairly stoked about this because it is something I proposed to the Pacers every time I filled out a survey or talked to anyone in sales and marketing. I'm sure it came from other places as well - especially since I was pushing for it to be on the floor, not in the club level - but I think it is going to be fantastic.

redfoster
09-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Anyone from PD going to Jillian's on Thursday for the first Area 55 event?

I will be there - we will be getting t-shirts and our tickets.

I Love P
09-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Why are we only getting the first month of tickets?

El Pacero
09-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Why are we only getting the first month of tickets?

Hopefully to encourage everyone to attend every game the first month and weed out the losers who don't!

I Love P
09-18-2010, 02:22 AM
ok el pacero. i hear you. just watched your video again, best video out of the 55 members of area 55. classic....i want that car, bad.

Kuq_e_Zi91
09-18-2010, 11:21 AM
There was some talk on the Bucks realgm board that some of Squad 6 might make the trip to Conseco this year. You guys better bring it and show them how it's done!

I Love P
09-18-2010, 12:23 PM
My Jamican flag just came to the door. Making progress...

xBulletproof
09-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Hopefully to encourage everyone to attend every game the first month and weed out the losers who don't!

I hope they do monitor attendance of those in Area 55, and anyone who doesn't show up often enough get replaced. Would make sense.

kielbeze
09-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Anyone from PD going to Jillian's on Thursday for the first Area 55 event?

I will be there - we will be getting t-shirts and our tickets.

What time is that going to be i missed my call Friday he called me at 4:45 and i work until 5?

redfoster
09-18-2010, 05:18 PM
What time is that going to be i missed my call Friday he called me at 4:45 and i work until 5?
It is at 5:30pm Thursday Sept. 23.

El Pacero
09-20-2010, 08:47 PM
So I assume you guys are going to dress up for Thursday? Thinking about bringing my gold sparkle snare drum and brand new wrestling cape for special occasions, but don't want to draw attention or anything.

kielbeze
09-21-2010, 04:02 PM
So yeah what is the dress code are we going to have a blueout in jillians or what guys?

Speed
09-21-2010, 04:05 PM
This thing is one of the best ideas they've had in years!! Got your back Area 55 gang.

ZepZach
09-21-2010, 04:05 PM
I was just going to wear normal clothes....

redfoster
09-21-2010, 05:40 PM
I will be coming from class so normal clothes for me, too.

pacer4ever
09-22-2010, 09:43 PM
well it was around 1300 dollars for my section 112... on the website they didn't used to have it at the price they currently have it at right now, they had it more expensive and not many people knew about it, because it's only 2 sections. for club level (my favorite) it's a great deal for me for 44 tickets for the 1366 i paid. More convenient was the fact that i was allowed to pay it in installments.

ya it's my favorite 2 but i dont know i might do it

Stryder
09-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Stupid question.

How is Hibbert Jamaican or playing for the Jamaican team? He was born in New York and lived in the States since. Extended family from Jamaica?

brkyrd
09-22-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm in area 55 too, im down to go to Miluakee and take on Squad 6..see you guys tommorow night,

ZepZach
09-23-2010, 06:20 PM
AH! I wasn't able to make it to Jillians. :(

I hope you guys had fun though!

Trader Joe
09-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Hoya2aPacer (http://twitter.com/Hoya2aPacer)
This was the 1st test to c who will come 2 the first Area55 event. 24 people didn't show. Damn what's up with that. Attendance will be taken

Roy is not pleased...

ZepZach
09-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Ugh, I feel like a jerk for not going. I wish my day would've gone as planned so I would've made it there.

I Love P
09-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Yea I couldn't make it either, had to work late today. Didn't know these meetings were mandatory. I signed up to win season tickets not to go to group meetings.

DocHolliday
09-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Squad 6 must be shaking in their boots now. Half the cheering section didn't show--go team!:dance::laugh:

El Pacero
09-23-2010, 11:57 PM
We have a very interesting Area 55 . . . from kids to grandmas. I think Squad 6 just got their first girl this season. But, I am curious to see how pumped this group will get.

The kicker is that they really want 200 fans inside Area 55. Finalists, friends of winners, etc. can buy a ticket to Area 55. If we could get close to 200 fans, half of them were kinda crazy and the few really crazy fans kept it going, we'd have something. And it would be a lot more diverse than Squad 6.

I want to come up with a mean nickname for Squad 6, but the only thing I can think of that rhymes with six... won't fly.

BPump33
09-24-2010, 08:56 AM
We have a very interesting Area 55 . . . from kids to grandmas. I think Squad 6 just got their first girl this season. But, I am curious to see how pumped this group will get.

The kicker is that they really want 200 fans inside Area 55. Finalists, friends of winners, etc. can buy a ticket to Area 55. If we could get close to 200 fans, half of them were kinda crazy and the few really crazy fans kept it going, we'd have something. And it would be a lot more diverse than Squad 6.

I want to come up with a mean nickname for Squad 6, but the only thing I can think of that rhymes with six... won't fly.

I wish I would have known this. The reason I didn't audition is b/c my girlfriend goes to several games a year with me, but I was afraid she wouldn't be able to sit next to me in the "Area."

Trader Joe
09-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Yea I couldn't make it either, had to work late today. Didn't know these meetings were mandatory. I signed up to win season tickets not to go to group meetings.

You do realize the point of this is to support the Pacers? Not just get free season tix for yourself....

El Pacero
09-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Yeah there's a meeting every month, which I don't think is too much to ask for a $3500 season ticket from Roy. They should be fun and we'll need them to get our act together.

Trader Joe
09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to sound like a jerk. And these "meetings" should be fun. I'm stoked about it.

It'd be one thing if he came on here and was upset he missed it and got chastised because he had something important to do, and understood he should attend in the future, but to say I signed up to get the tickets not to go to meetings...talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth and sounding whiny.

ZepZach
09-24-2010, 10:52 AM
It'd be one thing if he came on here and was upset he missed it and got chastised because he had something important to do, and understood he should attend in the future, but to say I signed up to get the tickets not to go to meetings...talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth and sounding whiny.

Hey, thats me!

kielbeze
09-24-2010, 11:21 AM
I do not think anyone needs to be downed........But Roy made it clear at the meeting that he wants us there and there are several people who did not get tickets who are ready to go. So just to be on the safe side id be there. Plus we get our tickets at the meetings. But this is really important to me and i would guess those who came feel the same way.

El Pacero
09-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Agreed. I think Bender was more upset he couldn't make the meeting, felt bad, and words came out wrong. There's lots more meetings.

ZepZach
09-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Hey guys, whats happening with the first preseason game? I got an email saying that will be our next meeting. Do we buy tickets as we normally would, or are the tickets provided as well?

Also, the code of conduct seems intense. Still pumped though :dance:

ZepZach
09-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Did you guys talk about HIb hib hooROY? I'm just curious cuz I think I brought the idea to Roys attention, so it would be cool if other people were talking about it. And having the PA guy do it is a great idea.

RobfromPacers
09-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Do you think we could get the arena PA guy to say HIB HIB followed up by fans saying hooROY! everytime he makes a shot.
PA guy: HIB HIB
Area 55: hooROY!

also what was the site they told us about at the meeting. i havent received an email about it yet.

Did you get the email yet? You should have received it by now. It was sent directly from Troy or Brian, so it may have been filtered.

Did anyone else get it?

El Pacero
09-25-2010, 04:33 AM
Did you get the email yet? You should have received it by now. It was sent directly from Troy or Brian, so it may have been filtered.

Did anyone else get it?

I haven't received it, but something might be wrong with my El Pacero email.

ZepZach - When Roy walked in we all screamed like crazy, and then someone (I assumed it was you) started the Hib Hib HooROY Chant! Greenway, me and others were yelling it loud and it was definitely heard. Roy laughed. It's a keeper.

ZepZach
09-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Alas, it was not me. But next time I will definitely start it! :happydanc

I Love P
09-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Have you guys ever seen the student section at IU games? They have those huge cut out faces...I have a Collison, Granger, Hibbert and Larry already made.

redfoster
09-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I never got an email either. What info does the email have?

kielbeze
09-25-2010, 08:40 PM
I never got an e mail either but I did want to bring up a question to you guys.
Maybe we should try to get together before the 8th. We could try to get as many of us together as we can one weekend to come up with ideas for games. I think it would be really impressive to come straight out of the gate roaring.
If we really want to make squad 6 look lame it going to take some leadership from a few guys and some dedication this year. Oh yeah and 3 p's

redfoster
09-25-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm up for this for sure. I met kielbeze at the Killian's meetup, but other than Pacero, I didn't know what you guys looked like so I didn't know who was from PD.

Would be good to do even a PD only meetup so we all know who is who from the forums.

kielbeze
09-25-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm up for this for sure. I met kielbeze at the Killian's meetup, but other than Pacero, I didn't know what you guys looked like so I didn't know who was from PD.

Would be good to do even a PD only meetup so we all know who is who from the forums.

Sounds like a Problem only Hooters can cure!

El Pacero
09-26-2010, 05:12 AM
This is a great idea. Unless the Pacers have some brilliant ideas for our meeting before the 1st preseason game (which they may) - it's all on us. I'll be downtown Tuesday... just throwing a day out there.

redfoster
09-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Tuesday sounds good to me. Does 5:30-6ish work for people?

ZepZach
09-26-2010, 11:36 AM
This is a great idea. Unless the Pacers have some brilliant ideas for our meeting before the 1st preseason game (which they may) - it's all on us. I'll be downtown Tuesday... just throwing a day out there.

Wait, we have another meeting before the preseason game? And Tuesday is good for me.

kielbeze
09-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Wait, we have another meeting before the preseason game? And Tuesday is good for me.
Tuesday is fine for me i work until 5 and ill be in Muncie i can be downtown in an hour. Our first meeting officially is the pre season game on the 8th. They are mailing our tix to us so just get there super early because were allowed in early. I believe he said we could watch the workout that day.

IndyHoya
09-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi all. Just joined PD. I'm in Area 55 too! Wanted to introduce myself to all the others.

At Georgetown, somebody wrote a song for Roy that went to the tune of
"Eye of the Tiger". I played with the lyrics a little to tailor it to the Pacers.
The original can be heard here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=640909&content=songinfo&songID=4796816

Heart of a Pacer

Roy! Roy Roy Roy! Roy Roy Roy! Roy Roy Royyyyyyyyyyyy!

Postin’ up! There on the block!
7 – 2! You can’t teach that.
Lefty hooker made in the lane
Defense knows they can’t reach that!

Postin’ up! Top of the key.
That’s our Roy! 55!
Sends a ball to the back cutter
Two more points and he keeps us alive!

It’s the heart of a Pacer
It’s the thrill of the fight
Risin’ up to face our NBA rivals

And the next great Pacer big man
Stalks his prey in the lane
And he’s blocking their shots
With the heart of a Pacer

Boxin’ out! Under the basket
Pullin us down a big rebound
Pick it up! Throw it down strong!
Don’t they know they can’t push you around?

It’s the heart of a Pacer
It’s the thrill of the fight
Risin’ up to face our NBA rivals

And the next great Pacer big man
Stalks his prey in the lane
And he’s blocking their shots
With the heart of a Pacer

At GU home games, whenever Roy did something good the student section would sing the Chorus to his song:

Roy! Roy Roy Roy! Roy Roy Roy! Roy Roy Royyyyyyyyyyy!

It actually sounded pretty cool when the entire Verizon Center was singing it.

I was thinking about resurrecting it for Area 55. It's simple and easy to do.
What do you think? I wanted to offer it to the Secretary of Chants in A55.

kielbeze
09-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I was thinking Sammy Hagar I can't drive 55
You can't drive on 55! lol

IndyHoya
09-27-2010, 07:39 AM
I was thinking Sammy Hagar I can't drive 55
You can't drive on 55! lol
I checked out Sammy's vid for that song. Impressive! :-)

El Pacero
09-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Like the ideas! So is Tuesday too last minute?

I was thinking we could start a PD thread asking for ideas, too.

I Love P
09-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Start the thead...I've got a couple ideas for chants that we could yell during games if the PA plays the beat/song along with it. They are really easy and good.

BillS
09-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Everyone shout "two-a" when MG says "two minutes" - Reb didn't say anything about not letting fans do it :D

BillS
09-28-2010, 11:24 AM
This could probably be it's own thread, but just out of curiosity where does everyone sit? I know we have several members in Area 55, but I was curious as to where the rest of the Digest that have season tickets sit.

BigJon7501 and I have seats in section 201.

Probably worth a separate thread, actually.

I Love P
09-28-2010, 01:15 PM
How about this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZKFd29RBk

Replace the "ahh ahh ahhh" with "rooyyy rooyyy rooyyy"

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I know reggie is gone, but nothing got crowds pumped up more than boom baby. and everyone knows it not just die hard fans. i really wish it would come back but i know im in the minority
Slick says "Boom Baby" on the radio broadcast. When does the entire crowd get rowdy over something said on the radio?

Thoreau87
09-28-2010, 01:38 PM
What's up PD... My name is Nate and I've been a long time lurker on PD. This is my first post and I just wanted to introduce myself. My buddy Will and I (the montage guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syHG0zTWmr0) are both in Area 55 and we can't overstate our excitement. We both live, eat, breath, and sleep Pacers basketball. I love the Colts but I would gladly trade Peyton for a Pacers championship. With that said, I can't wait to get together with you guys and brainstorm some ideas for Area 55. We've got some good stuff we've been mulling around. I'll make sure to keep you posted.

duke dynamite
09-28-2010, 04:34 PM
i was referring to the in game arena chants. who listens to the radio. we have new technology called tv. lol. just giving you a hard time
I haven't heard a large group of people let alone the entire arena say "Boom Baby" after a three. Not saying it isn't welcome, though.

ZepZach
09-28-2010, 05:38 PM
So I assume we are not meeting today? Maybe we should plan on NEXT Tuesday. That way we have a whole week to figure it out.

vapacersfan
09-28-2010, 06:11 PM
you dont remember when the arena announcer would shout boom baby every time we hit a 3. fans would shout it as well. someone back me up on this. i wish i could find a youtube clip or something.

I could have sworn it was only after Reggie hit a 3

BillS
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
you dont remember when the arena announcer would shout boom baby every time we hit a 3. fans would shout it as well. someone back me up on this. i wish i could find a youtube clip or something.

Granted I've only been back in town and going to every game for a few years, but we drove up from Atlanta for a number of games during the Reggie era and watched a lot of them on League Pass. I don't remember Reb Porter using "Boom Baby".

PacerFan31
09-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Never remember anyone in the arena saying boom baby, just Slick on the radio.

I remember the good ole "It's Miler Time" and "Big Smooth" but no "boom baby"

redfoster
09-28-2010, 09:26 PM
So I assume we are not meeting today? Maybe we should plan on NEXT Tuesday. That way we have a whole week to figure it out.
This.

Peck
09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
I was under the impression that Slick has the phrase "boom baby" copyrighted.

Even if he doesn't though Boom Baby only has to do with Reggie because Slick said it a lot for Reggie however he was saying that before Reggie ever got here.

As for Reb saying it? Well I've been to the majority of home games since 1985 & I can say that I don't recall him ever saying it but that doesn't mean he didn't.

Reb's signature after a Reggie three was "it's Milleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiime!!!"

Or if it was someone else it was "players name home run" or sometimes he would throw in "players name from downtown".

Either way good luck to you & I hope you get some form of chant going.:)

RWB
09-29-2010, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Peck;1066064]I was under the impression that Slick has the phrase "boom baby" copyrighted.
QUOTE]

I thought I had heard that too. However, Reggie did start up Boom Baby Productions, but I'm sure Slick wouldn't object to Reg using it.

vapacersfan
09-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I stand corrected.

I was thinking of the "Its Miller Time", which was only for Reggie when he hit a 3.

Slick does in fact have "boom baby" copyrighted.

Reggie did have to ask for permission to use it as his film companies name, but I doubt he had a hard time convincing Slick to let him use it. If he did, I am sure a little side cash helped his cause (but I kind of doubt that was neccessary)

vapacersfan
09-29-2010, 03:13 PM
This thread also reminded me of something else Reb used to do that I liked:

Mark Jackson, JACKSON HOME RUN!

IndyHoya
09-29-2010, 05:38 PM
I like this chant. Utah State before a game:

"I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQywmNxCd8E

And this one from Howard University when someone fouls out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cYWmeBDJQs&feature=related

kielbeze
09-30-2010, 12:11 AM
can we do hoya saxa? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTEd9pl4QfQ that would get hib pumped

kielbeze
09-30-2010, 12:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUVmAXXPYgU&feature=related

kielbeze
09-30-2010, 12:30 AM
What's up PD... My name is Nate and I've been a long time lurker on PD. This is my first post and I just wanted to introduce myself. My buddy Will and I (the montage guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syHG0zTWmr0) are both in Area 55 and we can't overstate our excitement. We both live, eat, breath, and sleep Pacers basketball. I love the Colts but I would gladly trade Peyton for a Pacers championship. With that said, I can't wait to get together with you guys and brainstorm some ideas for Area 55. We've got some good stuff we've been mulling around. I'll make sure to keep you posted.

welcome to PD and Area 55 AS stated last week guys do we want to get together before the 8th? I would like to it is too bad the game is not on tv we could all get together on Wednesday and watch. But who is going to step up and make this solid?

IndyHoya
09-30-2010, 09:09 AM
can we do hoya saxa? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTEd9pl4QfQ that would get hib pumped

I for one would!!! But I'm prejudiced, being a former Hoya. ;)

I think you're right about "Hoya Saxa" being a cheer that would pump Hibbs up. When I did my Area 55 spiel about how much I loved his game at Krogers, he gave me a High-5 and a big "Hoya Saxa". I dunno how it'd go over for the crowd in general though.

I for one would like a chant to protect Roy from his arch-nemesis -- nickel and dime calls from referees that put him on the bench. Something to show we've got his back.

How about "No touch fouls on Roy! No touch fouls on Roy!" ?

Brad8888
09-30-2010, 09:16 AM
How about this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZKFd29RBk

Replace the "ahh ahh ahhh" with "rooyyy rooyyy rooyyy"

And, replace "Thunder" with "Pacers!"

IndyHoya
09-30-2010, 09:22 AM
And, replace "Thunder" with "Pacers!"

I like this idea a lot! Simple, effective, and personal to Roy. Is someone writing all these down?:dance:

IndyHoya
09-30-2010, 10:34 AM
welcome to PD and Area 55 AS stated last week guys do we want to get together before the 8th? I would like to it is too bad the game is not on tv we could all get together on Wednesday and watch. But who is going to step up and make this solid?

I'd be willing to try to meet -- biz permitting. It'd be nice just to sort of get to know some of the A55 people beforehand. Where and when? Maybe a sports bar someplace? Champs downtown?

IndyHoya
09-30-2010, 10:41 AM
I also like the "This is our house" chant to sort of set the stage before the game starts and let an opponent know we don't like them on our turf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6jOxfFmZo&feature=related

I wonder if we should coordinate the A55 chants with the Pacemates. Assuming we initiate some good cheers, it'd be cool if they could try try to involve the rest of Conseco in them. Just a thought.

pacers101
09-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey do we know where exactly in Conseco Area 55 is going to be? Is it in the lower level, Club level, Balcony?

I Love P
09-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Club...section 101/102.

IndyHoya
09-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Club...section 101/102.

Primo seats! Thank you, Roy Hibbert!:dance:

kielbeze
10-01-2010, 12:27 AM
I also like the "This is our house" chant to sort of set the stage before the game starts and let an opponent know we don't like them on our turf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6jOxfFmZo&feature=related

I wonder if we should coordinate the A55 chants with the Pacemates. Assuming we initiate some good cheers, it'd be cool if they could try try to involve the rest of Conseco in them. Just a thought.

Believe me if were loud enough the whole fieldhouse will be involved.

kielbeze
10-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Check out this t shirt I made I think I am going to order it Would it not be cool for all pd members to have one?
http://www.shirtmagic.com/design_and_buy.php
You click on retrieve design and it asks for info about the design
the e mail address is austinsdaddykb@gmail.com
ths shirt name is pacers
and the password is area 55 I think its like 20 bucks for one Any thoughts or changes? feel free to play with the design and save under your e mail address.
Check the back of the shirt as well pd logo on the back and.

IndyHoya
10-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Check out this t shirt I made I think I am going to order it Would it not be cool for all pd members to have one?
http://www.shirtmagic.com/design_and_buy.php
You click on retrieve design and it asks for info about the design
the e mail address is austinsdaddykb@gmail.com
ths shirt name is pacers
and the password is area 55 I think its like 20 bucks for one Any thoughts or changes? feel free to play with the design and save under your e mail address.
Check the back of the shirt as well pd logo on the back and.

I like the front. I like the name on the back when I flipped it too -- however on the back the PD logo is inverted for some reason.

Don't we already have the Area 55 shirts that they gave us at the Jillian's meet-up tho?
I thought those were the shirts we wear (along with whatever wierd accoutrements we want to on top?)

kielbeze
10-01-2010, 11:17 AM
I like the front. I like the name on the back when I flipped it too -- however on the back the PD logo is inverted for some reason.

Don't we already have the Area 55 shirts that they gave us at the Jillian's meet-up tho?
I thought those were the shirts we wear (along with whatever wierd accoutrements we want to on top?)
Yeah we got shirts there. I am getting my own though because the one they gave us did not fit me lol. Also thought it would be cool for pd members to have our own.

I Love P
10-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Will we pick up our first month of tickets in a future meeting or will they be mailed to us? Does anybody know? Also, are we getting preseason tickets?

Thanks

IndyHoya
10-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Will we pick up our first month of tickets in a future meeting or will they be mailed to us? Does anybody know? Also, are we getting preseason tickets?

Thanks

Troy called me yesterday and said they were being mailed out that day.

kielbeze
10-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Troy called me yesterday and said they were being mailed out that day.

Yeah ordered a second ticket Monday troy said they would be mailed out this week.

MagicRat
10-02-2010, 08:03 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1129739240/area55twitter_normal.jpg
PacersArea55 (http://twitter.com/#%21/PacersArea55) Area 55

Want to sit in #Area55 (http://twitter.com/#search/%23Area55)? $550 for all 44 games. Only a handful of seats will be offered at this price. http://bit.ly/dCkf9N

1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/PacersArea55/status/26213924922) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

I Love P
10-02-2010, 09:28 PM
My tickets came in the mail today.

redfoster
10-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Got my tickets as well. So excited for this season.

I'm in Section 101, Row 6, Seat 3. Where are you guys?

kielbeze
10-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Got my tickets as well. So excited for this season.

I'm in Section 101, Row 6, Seat 3. Where are you guys?

section 101 row 8 seats 1 and 2

kielbeze
10-04-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm right beside you

SWEET I AM READY

redfoster
10-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Anyone wanna meet a little early tonight? Drinks at Coaches or The Pub sounds good, eh?

BPump33
10-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Anyone wanna meet a little early tonight? Drinks at Coaches or The Pub sounds good, eh?

I'm not in Area 55, but we might stop by the Pub for a drink before the game. We can probably be there around 5:15-5:30.

Trader Joe
10-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Where's the pub? I could pick up my college go pass and go to the game, but my buddy that got it with me can't go I'd be going by myself.

BPump33
10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Where's the pub? I could pick up my college go pass and go to the game, but my buddy that got it with me can't go I'd be going by myself.

I am absolutely awful with street names and directions, but I think it's on the corner of Georgia and Pennsylvania.

Here's the website: http://www.pubindianapolisbar.com/ ( I think I'm allowed to post that.)

redfoster
10-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah. It is directly across the street from Conseco. It is on the first floor of the Harness Factory Lofts building.

El Pacero
10-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Area 55 brothers have to be at the Fieldhouse by 5 - how early are you guys going to start consuming beverages?

Trader Joe
10-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Some people don't even get off work til 5, I applaud Roy's enthusiasm behind this, but 5 seems way too early.

BPump33
10-08-2010, 02:11 PM
So, is anyone down for a 5:30 beer at the pub?

JonnyB83
10-08-2010, 02:37 PM
So, is anyone down for a 5:30 beer at the pub?

You know I'm down!

redfoster
10-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Damn, I didn't realize we were supposed to be there by 5. I guess I won't be able to be at The Pub after all. Maybe next time, when there is no pre-game activity.