PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sanders has torn biceps...

makaveli
09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
From Adam Schefter via twitter..

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

@Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Colts safety Bob Sanders has a torn biceps tendon and is out indefinintely, if not for the season.

Psyren
09-14-2010, 02:40 PM
That's the last we'll ever see of Bob in a Colts jersey.

Great guy, did a lot for us. It's really unfortunate and I'm sure it's killing him.

At the end of the day, the Colts have to move on. He's the most fragile player in the NFL. It's probably career ending as well. Even if this heals, he's destined to get hurt next time he tries to play anyways.

We will miss you Bob:(

naptownmenace
09-14-2010, 02:42 PM
I like Bob a lot and it's so disappointing that this has happened to him again. I've read reports that this is his OTHER arm so at least he'll have matching surgery scars when this is all said and done.

Brutal. I'm literally sick to my stomach.

Mr_Smith
09-14-2010, 02:49 PM
surprise surprise!!!! Who knew?? I'm mentally drained talking about Bob. I have moved on. Melvin Bullitt is the man and he showed that by the pick he got against Houston. Peace out Bob

makaveli
09-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Steve Emtman
Scott Haskin
Jonathan Bender
and now Bob Sanders....

Sad.

(Don't really know why I felt the need to list them...it just made me think of them. Emtman in particular....guy wanted to play so bad and just had no luck.)

makaveli
09-14-2010, 02:55 PM
More from Schefter...

@Adam_Schefter

Colts S Bob Sanders is scheduled to vist Dr. James Andrews tomorrow to help determine how long his torn biceps will sideline him.

Psyren
09-14-2010, 03:02 PM
If this is indeed for the season, my next question is safety depth.

Bullitt is a good replacement like he has been for years, and I'm okay with that.

But after him is Brandon King. Are you serious??? He was complete trash in preseason and is actually more of a corner.

I would expect a FA signing or a trade because if something happens to Bullitt/Bethea, we're in major trouble.

DTheKing23
09-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Yea bob is really a stand up guy i went to high school with him..he worked harder than any1 on the team always gives back to his hometown just cant catch a break when it comes to injuries

SoupIsGood
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Can Townsend play safety, or any of the other corners?

Trader Joe
09-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Powers and Hayden could both play safety if you felt more comfortable sliding one of them over and playing a backup corner.

Psyren
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Powers and Hayden could both play safety if you felt more comfortable sliding one of them over and playing a backup corner.
I'd rather move Powers of Hayden to safety than let King play at all. I'm no football genius, but I don't understand why we kept King. He was one of the worst players on the field consistently in preseason, I guess he impressed in camp or something.

Once Lacey is healthy, he'll do just fine at corner.

Not to mention Townsend and Tryon looked decent on pass plays last game at corner.

xBulletproof
09-14-2010, 04:16 PM
:brokenrecord:

Since86
09-14-2010, 04:37 PM
This situation just makes me sad. It's not like Bender where he would show flashes of what he could have been. Bob showed what he was, when he actually played, and that was a DPOY safety. That's what's frustrating the most. He isn't in the category about how he could become a game changer, he WAS a game changer.

As frustrating as it is, I wouldn't change him being a Colt. Not for one second. He is the reason why the Colts have a ring. Without him I just don't see them getting it done. His run stopping ability before the superbowl by just being in the lineup was unmeasureable. I wish they could/would have dumped him after, but I can't be too mad that they stayed with him.

No one can deny his willingness to play football. He's not someone who puts questionable effort on the field. Injuries happen, and they can't be fully prevented. Some guys just have bad luck.

Good luck Bob, wherever you end up. I wish you all the best, unless it would get in the way of the Colts.

Basketball Fan
09-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Freeney let it slip on Jim Rome that he's out for the year

Slick Pinkham
09-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Some guys just have bad luck.

And some guys take too many anabolic steroids. Maybe he didn't, but you have to wonder with the body type, the string of tendon and muscle injuries, and just flat out the way he looks. Maybe it isn't 100% fair to say that, but when baseball players look at all like that or have a string of injuries like that, the inclination is to assume it to be true. That double standard has always bugged me.

Moses
09-14-2010, 05:00 PM
That is some tough luck for Sanders (and the Colts in general). Bob plays safety how it is supposed to be played. Hopefully he has a full recovery and can get back to playing, whether it be with the Colts or any other team.

Bball
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
There has been a growing chorus of whispers that Sanders could've played 'smarter' and protected himself from these injuries and that it's not just bad luck.

Whatever the reason for the injuries I don't question his willingness to play football. You can still respect his effort even if you think the Colts need to just move on permanently. As I said in the other thread, I believe the Colts erred in continuing to think of and plan with Sanders as a starter.

jeffg-body
09-14-2010, 06:03 PM
That is just too bad that these things keep happening to Bob. It's not like he was trying to blow someone up and overextended himself. He was just trying to make a sound tackle and wound up hurt again. Too bad he won't be a Colt most likely next season. I always have liked his enthusiasm and passion for playing football and will miss that. Melvin Bullitt will do an excellent job of replacing Bob for the rest of the season and most likely for years to come. Thank you Bob and we wish you the best.

Stryder
09-14-2010, 07:50 PM
And some guys take too many anabolic steroids. Maybe he didn't, but you have to wonder with the body type, the string of tendon and muscle injuries, and just flat out the way he looks. Maybe it isn't 100% fair to say that, but when baseball players look at all like that or have a string of injuries like that, the inclination is to assume it to be true. That double standard has always bugged me.

Have any shred of evidence or ANYTHING other than how he looks and his injury history to lead you to the inclination of suggesting steroid use? :bs:

Trader Joe
09-14-2010, 09:12 PM
You do have to wonder how much pressure he's putting on his tendons. Roids or not, his biceps are huge and his body type/tendons just might not be able to handle the extra pressure I'm sure it puts on them.

Since86
09-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Other than the fact that steroids are used because they help keep you healthy and help recovery time, which is why people like Roger Clemens who was a HOF pitcher would use them, and magically stay healthy through their 40s.

But other than the fact of reality and what the drugs are designed to do, yes I would say Bob is a 'roid head.:rolleyes:

Erik
09-16-2010, 04:54 PM
The surgery to repair Bob Sanders' torn right biceps tendon "went well," Indianapolis Colts coach Jim Caldwell said today, optimism he based on text messages exchanged with the two-time Pro Bowl safety. At least for now, the Colts intend to keep Sanders on the 53-man roster. The team hopes he can return late in the season or by the playoffs, which he did when the Colts made their run to a Super Bowl XLI triumph four seasons ago.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100916/SPORTS03/9160471/Colts-coach-Caldwell-Sanders-arm-surgery-went-well-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

Day-V
09-16-2010, 08:57 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4jGSvxCRp4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4jGSvxCRp4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DTheKing23
09-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I would honestly bet my life that he isnt on roids..he really just spends too much time in the weight room to compensate for his size...like i said he really works hard hes just not very flexible and thats where his injuries come from.