PDA

View Full Version : Can a Pacer Help a brother out?

granger33
09-14-2010, 06:34 AM
Hey guys, my name is Justin im 19 yo from Australia

I know i started a thread the other year when i was travelling to LA to see if i could get any special offers seeing IND V LAC last season, but everyone said there's not much they can do due to it was an away game.

Well since that trip (with it being very disappointing due to granger and Hibbert not playing) I have saved up enough money and i am travelling to the beautiful state of Indiana :).

The games i am seeing will be the:

February 23rd V Detroit
February 25th V Utah.

Now heres my plug (all of which is true by the way) Although i only have 500 posts on this forum i actually check up on this site every morning to see whats new, and am sometimes very happy (when reading Murphy for collison deal done lol)

Here in Australia the games are mostly on at 10:30am, but sometimes they are being played at 4am. All of which i wake up and watch on my computer or listen to Mark Boyle on the radio.

Loved the Pacers ever since 2000, might not sound much but i am only 19 years of age.

Anyway, can anyone help me out? With tickets? hotel? Meeting anyone from the team? Granger would be unbelievable and i would nearly do anything to get the chance to meet him.

If some people think I'm just a casual fan who wants free goodies...i have some photos to prove i am not lol.

If anyone could help me with who to contact in the pacer organization or if someone can hook me up with a good deal i would be forever grateful.

Thank you,
Justin.

(click to expand)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.8934f581ca.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?8934f581ca.jpg)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.8510a4c265.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?8510a4c265.jpg)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.df39d6e3f8.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?df39d6e3f8.jpg)

Trophy
09-14-2010, 07:50 AM
To get autographs, I suggest arriving to the Fieldhouse about an hour before the game starts when they let people in.

Go down to the lower level as the players are shooting around and stand by the rail of the tunnel.

They'll usually sign autographs as they're heading back into the tunnel when they're done shooting around.

Psyren
09-14-2010, 07:52 AM
First of all, congrats on being able to come to the US and especially the tropical paradise called Indianapolis :D

All joking aside though, that certainly is very exciting! It's nice to see Pacer fans from all over the world.

- I don't know how you would meet an actual player, but after the games fans are usually able to line the locker room area of the Pacers and sometimes fans are able to snag an autograph or two if you're lucky.

- I haven't gone to do that in quite some time so I can't recall if you must be in a certain section to do so or not. I'm sure someone else can clarify that.

- Depending on how much you want to spend, there is a Hampton Inn downtown on Meridian street not far away from the fieldhouse. According to Google, the rates are about $130 a night. Again, it all depends on money but there are numerous hotels in the downtown area within a close distance to Conseco Fieldhouse.

- If you really want to meet a player, I think maybe Hicks or someone else on here may know someone somehow that can answer that better than I can.

- And lastly in regards to tickets, get the closest you can :D

Enjoy your trip here, and I hope everything goes well and the Pacers pick up two wins for both of our sakes :D Enjoy Indianapolis while you're here! Go Pacers!

granger33
09-14-2010, 08:17 AM
First of all, congrats on being able to come to the US and especially the tropical paradise called Indianapolis :D

All joking aside though, that certainly is very exciting! It's nice to see Pacer fans from all over the world.

- I don't know how you would meet an actual player, but after the games fans are usually able to line the locker room area of the Pacers and sometimes fans are able to snag an autograph or two if you're lucky.

- I haven't gone to do that in quite some time so I can't recall if you must be in a certain section to do so or not. I'm sure someone else can clarify that.

- Depending on how much you want to spend, there is a Hampton Inn downtown on Meridian street not far away from the fieldhouse. According to Google, the rates are about $130 a night. Again, it all depends on money but there are numerous hotels in the downtown area within a close distance to Conseco Fieldhouse.

- If you really want to meet a player, I think maybe Hicks or someone else on here may know someone somehow that can answer that better than I can.

- And lastly in regards to tickets, get the closest you can :D

Enjoy your trip here, and I hope everything goes well and the Pacers pick up two wins for both of our sakes :D Enjoy Indianapolis while you're here! Go Pacers!

Thanks man that helps a lot :). Yeh when i was in LA they let VIP ticket holders 30 minutes in before general admission ticket holders so i missed out on seeing the players shoot around.

I will probably try and nab some court side seats for the Detroit game, and thanks for the hotel recommendation, its me and 2 mates so 130 a night is fine.

Might have to give Hicks a personal message see if he can do anything for me.

Trophy
09-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Also if you want to actually meet the players and get a good picture with them or whatever, wait by the players parking garage for a little while after the game.

They rarely do come out of their car, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck.

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 09:01 AM
I told you via PM I'd help you.

granger33
09-14-2010, 09:19 AM
I told you via PM I'd help you.

i didnt get a PM back from you.

luis3ep
09-14-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm a season ticket holder, so i can get us some great seats for a good price if I buy them in advance. If you're seated within the first 6 rows, you have access to a restaurant that's right by the locker room, so before and after games you are literally 1 foot away from the players when they are coming out and you can give them high 5's and stuff.

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 09:59 AM
i didnt get a PM back from you.
Sorry, I didn't respond to your second PM immediately. I have been talking to my rep and am actually calling him back today in regards to that and a couple of other things.

I'll keep you in the know.

Honestly, if you're looking into saving money on a hotel, I can house you (granted I live 95 kilometers away from the Fieldhouse) but I'm sure you'll want to be closer to Indianapolis.

granger33
09-14-2010, 10:08 AM
wow thank you both Duke and luis3ep. All this information is really helpful.

I think for the Detroit game i was gonna try and get court side seats, and for the Utah one maybe in the mid upper section (bit cheaper)

Thanks Duke, Yeah thats fine just let me know when you know of anything.

Gee Pacer fans are nice :)

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 10:11 AM
wow thank you both Duke and luis3ep. All this information is really helpful.

I think for the Detroit game i was gonna try and get court side seats, and for the Utah one maybe in the mid upper section (bit cheaper)

Thanks Duke, Yeah thats fine just let me know when you know of anything.

Gee Pacer fans are nice :)
There aren't many of us left. We need to look out for one another. :p

MillerTime
09-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Sorry, I didn't respond to your second PM immediately. I have been talking to my rep and am actually calling him back today in regards to that and a couple of other things.

I'll keep you in the know.

Honestly, if you're looking into saving money on a hotel, I can house you (granted I live 95 kilometers away from the Fieldhouse) but I'm sure you'll want to be closer to Indianapolis.

Wow Dukie, thats very nice of you!!

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Wow Dukie, thats very nice of you!!
Anything to help out. All I ask is if you do stay, bring some of your favorite snack foods from Australia. :P

MillerTime
09-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Anything to help out. All I ask is if you do stay, bring some of your favorite snack foods from Australia. :P

Bring him Veggiemite :dead: and Tim Tams :rockon:

BornReady
09-14-2010, 11:44 AM
This thread makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy inside :)
One of these days, I will also make a journey to Indiana! hehehe

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Bring him Veggiemite :dead: and Tim Tams :rockon:
Please, no. :p

mboyle1313
09-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Justin,

You can have my two seats for those two games. They are about eight rows up, in the corner, near the visitors bench. Just remind me periodically through the season so I don't inadvertently give them to someone else.

Thanks,
MJB

Smoothdave1
09-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Congrats on making the trip. A few things I'll note:

-- I would contact someone from the Pacers to inform them that you're coming all the way from Australia to watch the Pacers. Perhaps someone like Quinn Buckner in communications or someone in PR. I recall the Pacers featuring a fan in the last few years who came in from Asia, I believe, for a Pacers game and they set him up with tickets and a VIP experience. Plus, they interviewed him during the game about his love for the Pacers. Now while there are no guarantees, it's definitely worth a shot

-- If you're staying downtown, I would suggest a trip to Circle Center Mall during the day (especially around lunch time) when the Pacers play. A lot of times, the visiting teams, coaches and players are killing time during the day and will usually make a trip to the mall. I've run into and met Rasheed Wallace (a few times -- stood next to me in line at Chick Fil A), Dwayne Wade, Ray Allen, Ben Gordon, Steve Francis and countless others, not to mention guys on the Pacers like Danny Granger, Dale Davis, Fred Jones, Al Harrington, Scot Pollard, etc. on game days as they were spending time at the mall the day of a game. Just a suggestion to potentially meet some other NBA players too.

-- Sometimes the players will stop after a game and sign autographs for a few minutes. It really depends on the day of the week and the number of fans.

-- As mentioned before, I would arrive to Conseco as soon as the gates open as you'll have a chance to meet a few players after they warm up and head back to the locker room. My understanding is that the players from both teams usually sign autographs much more frequently during this period than others.

-- The Pacers will have different autograph sessions during the year at various businesses and events throughout Indy. If there's an autograph session during the time that you're in town, I'm happy to come pick you up and we can go meet said player(s), if you'd like?

-- As far as lodging, if you don't stay with Duke, there are numerous hotels in downtown Indy for about any budget. The good news is that everything is within walking distance downtown so you won't need a car or cab. However, given that it will be late February, it will be cold, so make sure to bring warm clothes and a coat/hat.

-- If possible, obtain tickets that allow you to visit the Best Locker Room. You'll have a chance to see the players within just a few feet and a lot of times they may come out after the game to sign autographs. On occasion, other players from other teams may come over as well.

-- Most importantly, have fun and enjoy Indy!!!

pacer4ever
09-17-2010, 09:55 PM
To get autographs, I suggest arriving to the Fieldhouse about an hour before the game starts when they let people in.

Go down to the lower level as the players are shooting around and stand by the rail of the tunnel.

They'll usually sign autographs as they're heading back into the tunnel when they're done shooting around.

normally hr in a half get there 1 45 min to get in line if u want the good place but grannger always signs it should be no promblem normally people go 2 the other team cause we can always get the pacers lol

pacer4ever
09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Please, no. :p

DOUBLE D is he best lol listen every day

granger33
09-18-2010, 03:17 AM
I just wanna say, first of all i Appreciate everyone who has responded and helped me out so much. It is a great feeling when I am in need of help there are so many people willing to give their time and money towards me.

Congrats on making the trip. A few things I'll note:

-- I would contact someone from the Pacers to inform them that you're coming all the way from Australia to watch the Pacers. Perhaps someone like Quinn Buckner in communications or someone in PR. I recall the Pacers featuring a fan in the last few years who came in from Asia, I believe, for a Pacers game and they set him up with tickets and a VIP experience. Plus, they interviewed him during the game about his love for the Pacers. Now while there are no guarantees, it's definitely worth a shot

Thank you heaps Smooth Dave, How would i get in touch with Quinn Buckner or someone in PR? Email on Telephone? Oh man, if they did the VIP expierence for me i would go crazy haha.

Justin,

You can have my two seats for those two games. They are about eight rows up, in the corner, near the visitors bench. Just remind me periodically through the season so I don't inadvertently give them to someone else.

Thanks,
MJB
Thank you so much Mark, I am a fan on your facebook page and love reading your updates. But thankyou so much, ill keep in touch, would be great to meet you.

Psyren
09-18-2010, 03:33 AM
I just wanna say, first of all i Appreciate everyone who has responded and helped me out so much. It is a great feeling when I am in need of help there are so many people willing to give their time and money towards me.

Thank you heaps Smooth Dave, How would i get in touch with Quinn Buckner or someone in PR? Email on Telephone? Oh man, if they did the VIP expierence for me i would go crazy haha.

Thank you so much Mark, I am a fan on your facebook page and love reading your updates. But thankyou so much, ill keep in touch, would be great to meet you.
Not sure if any of these numbers help you out, but here they are. Courtesy of Pacers.com

Indiana Pacers/Fever Information (317) 917-2500
Indiana Pacers/Fever Group Sales (317) 917-2500
Pacers Foundation (317) 917-2864
Conseco Fieldhouse Box Office (317) 917-2727
TicketMaster (317) 239-5151
Home Court Team Store (317) 917-2755
Home Court II (Circle Centre Mall) (317) 262-9962
ConsecoFieldhouse.com (317) 917-2856
Best Locker Room (317) 917-3570
Varsity Club (317) 917-3577
Starbucks (317) 917-0118
Guided Conseco Fieldhouse Tours (317) 917-2979
Guest Relations (317) 917-2500

Pacers.com
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fan_mail.html

granger33
09-18-2010, 03:40 AM
Not sure if any of these numbers help you out, but here they are. Courtesy of Pacers.com

Indiana Pacers/Fever Information (317) 917-2500
Indiana Pacers/Fever Group Sales (317) 917-2500
Pacers Foundation (317) 917-2864
Conseco Fieldhouse Box Office (317) 917-2727
TicketMaster (317) 239-5151
Home Court Team Store (317) 917-2755
Home Court II (Circle Centre Mall) (317) 262-9962
ConsecoFieldhouse.com (317) 917-2856
Best Locker Room (317) 917-3570
Varsity Club (317) 917-3577
Starbucks (317) 917-0118

Pacers.com
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fan_mail.html
thanks mate, what one do you think is the best to contact with my situation?

cdash
09-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Great thread. You sir, are a great fan. Of all the places a 19 year old can go in the United States, you are coming to the very unglamorous Hoosier state to root for the Pacers. I love it.

Psyren
09-18-2010, 04:47 AM
thanks mate, what one do you think is the best to contact with my situation?

Those would be my best guess if I had to choose. I'd just explain your situation to them, and if it's the wrong number I'm sure they could point you in the right direction of who to contact.

mboyle1313
09-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Justin,

If you want to tour The Fieldhouse the day between games (is it 2/24?), I will take you and your friends around.

MJB

granger33
09-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Justin,

If you want to tour The Fieldhouse the day between games (is it 2/24?), I will take you and your friends around.

MJB

Mark, that would be absolutely unbelievable. That is such a great opportunity! Thank you so much.

Just so you know your doing it for a worthy cause I listen to your podcasts on 1070 the fan all the time